Exchange 2003 - Simple Display name

I can't seem to get the simple display name to work.
I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted
the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this
issue.
I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003.
--
La Senza Support

In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com,
La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I can't seem to get the simple display name to work.
> I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't
> restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2
> it should fix this issue.
> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003.

I'm not sure what "simple display name" you mean... ?

0
lanwench (7567)
8/30/2006 2:59:22 PM
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:59:22 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com,
>La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> I can't seem to get the simple display name to work.
>> I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't
>> restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2
>> it should fix this issue.
>> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003.
>
>I'm not sure what "simple display name" you mean... ?

I'm a simple man.
0
adavid (8731)
8/30/2006 3:08:54 PM
In news:sfabf2puu6sq58lshu88i6h6tpoabo0015@4ax.com,
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> typed:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:59:22 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com,
>> La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> I can't seem to get the simple display name to work.
>>> I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't
>>> restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2
>>> it should fix this issue.
>>> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003.
>>
>> I'm not sure what "simple display name" you mean... ?
>>

> I'm a simple man.

That's why you couldn't hack it in the big bad city and moved to Green
Acres, right? ;-)

0
lanwench (7567)
8/30/2006 3:17:37 PM
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:17:37 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>In news:sfabf2puu6sq58lshu88i6h6tpoabo0015@4ax.com,
>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> typed:
>> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:59:22 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com,
>>> La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what "simple display name" you mean... ?
>>>

>> I'm a simple man.
>
>That's why you couldn't hack it in the big bad city and moved to Green
>Acres, right? ;-)

:|

0
adavid (8731)
8/30/2006 3:23:17 PM
Simple display name for exchange under AD, exchange advanced.

--
La Senza Support

In news:BC8E0778-9B2E-47F7-9139-AAEA33D365D6@microsoft.com,
La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Simple display name for exchange under AD, exchange advanced.

I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to do with this?

>> In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com,
>> La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> I can't seem to get the simple display name to work.
>>> I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't
>>> restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2
>>> it should fix this issue.
>>> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003.
>>
>> I'm not sure what "simple display name" you mean... ?

0
lanwench (7567)
8/30/2006 8:06:23 PM
Tobacco Road, actually.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:sfabf2puu6sq58lshu88i6h6tpoabo0015@4ax.com,
> Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> typed:
>> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:59:22 -0400, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com,
>>> La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what "simple display name" you mean... ?
>>>

>> I'm a simple man.
>
> That's why you couldn't hack it in the big bad city and moved to Green
> Acres, right? ;-)

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/31/2006 4:06:04 AM
In news:O5%23LILLzGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Ed Crowley [MVP] <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> typed:
> Tobacco Road, actually.

There's no smoking permitted on Tobacco Road now.
However, moonshine is still subsidized.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uAPX1dEzGHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> In news:sfabf2puu6sq58lshu88i6h6tpoabo0015@4ax.com,
>> Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> typed:

>>> I'm a simple man.
>>
>> That's why you couldn't hack it in the big bad city and moved to
>> Green Acres, right? ;-)

0
lanwench (7567)
8/31/2006 2:23:15 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>In news:O5%23LILLzGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>Ed Crowley [MVP] <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> typed:
>> Tobacco Road, actually.
>
>There's no smoking permitted on Tobacco Road now.

What about chewing and spitting?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> In news:O5%23LILLzGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
>> Ed Crowley [MVP] <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> typed:
>>> Tobacco Road, actually.
>>
>> There's no smoking permitted on Tobacco Road now.
>
> What about chewing and spitting?

Only if you hawwwwwk.

0
lanwench (7567)

Machine name
Hi You can get all sort of information in INFO function. But, How can i get the local machine name ? avner :( --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ || Hi || You can get all sort of information in INFO function. || But, || How can i get the local machine name ? || avner || :( || || || --- || Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Start-settings-control panel-network-identification Avner, You need to use the GetComputerName API call in a VBA function. For example, Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" _ Alias "GetComputerNameA" ...

Error during Exchange Backup
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreComplete as follows: //<step 8> //HrESERestoreComplete CString strTempLocationPath; CString strTempLocationPath1; strTempLocationPath = _T("C:\\viraj\\exchangedata_b...

Names, Addresses In A Table...
I Am Putting Names And Addresses In A Table For A Directory I Am trying To Put Together, 6 Rows And 3 Columns. 18 Companies To A Page, I Will Have Approx. 300 Pages When Complete. My Question Is: Is There Any Way To Make Them Go In Alphabetical order By Name Of Company? I Am Very Greatful To Anyone Who May Be Able To Give Me Some Help. Thank You very Very Much. PS: I Am New To This Kind Of Software And Would Like To Say To MS PUBLISHER...You Are Very RUDE!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01E6_01C43075.4641A2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf...

email addressbook name order (last, first)
I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit "To" and my address book come up all the names are arranged first, last. How do I order them last, first? Thank you Change the sort here: Tools menu > Account Settings > Address Book tab > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Dave R" <rezin8@threshold-studio.com> wrote in message news:D14B3FCF-D6F2-453D-8BEC-B398C687ED1F@microsoft.com... > I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit > "To" and my address book come up...

Most recommended Exchange book?
I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certification testing would be appropriate. Thanks! On Mar 13, 8:46 am, Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a good "must have" Exchange > 2003 reference book to keep around the office. Something more geared for an > all encompasing and easy to use reference guide than certificati...

Module name in
Hi, when your are in the EXCEL code editor, you have on your left the name of the modules. I find anoying the fact of having to remember the module name or edit one by one each modules to find for intense a piece of code as a reference. Is there a better way to do it in that environment like renaming the module with specific name? Thank's ahead!. You can rename the module. Most of the people here probably group their macros into similar function macros in different modules, and name the module accordingly. This makes it much simpler to find. You can also do a find, Ctrl-F, and set the ...

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

Preventing Recipient Names from Showing
I have a long list of people I am addressing a message to. I want the recipient to see that it is coming to them, but not be able to see anyone else's name/address that it's being sent to. I've tried the BCC field but then even the recipient does not see that it was sent to them. I'm afraid they will think it is junk mail if they don't see it addresses to themselves. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for other options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

simple countif formula
Column B in my spreadsheet consists of 10 rows with one letter in each cell. I would like a formula to count cells B1,B3,B5,B7 and B9 only if the value in each of those cells is "H". I have tried a simple formula like this =countif(B1,B3,B5,B7,B9,"H") but it does not work. Thanks for your help with this formula. -- Brian Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(B1:B9),2)=1),--(B1:B9="H")) HTH Bob "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F4B5C54-D6DC-47E5-A198-5AD7FE281C5E@microsoft.com... > Column B in ...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...