Exchange 2003 server slow to notify OWA clients of new messages

This is impacting OWA and Windows Mobile devices since they use
HTTP refresh from the server.

The server is Windows 2003 Server, SP1 with all hotfixes and
Exchange SP2 with all hotfixes.

OWA and Windows Mobile notifications were instantaneous
(virtually) a few weeks ago. Then, for no apparent reason, they
now take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to be processed. Outlook
desktop clients still get emails normally, it only seems to be
the HTTP notifications not working right.

The server has been rebooted but that didn't fix it. Any
suggestions as to where I could start looking to troubleshoot
this?

Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

owa cant open ppt attachments

Reporting from Project Server

WCF Client serialization problem

New Implementation

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

New Record

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

message delivery problems

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...