Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!

I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003.
It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2
things and think they are related. Firts if there is no
subject for email being recieved it will hang on that
email and never download to client using OutLook or
Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based
mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal.
Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of
the same email. I have one now that has four copies and
everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy.
Any help as always appreciated, Tim
0
anonymous (74722)

I also have the same problem and need to get some answers as the boss
is getting a little upset.

bob h

"Timmah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<8cff01c432d1$df9b5830$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003.
> It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2
> things and think they are related. Firts if there is no
> subject for email being recieved it will hang on that
> email and never download to client using OutLook or
> Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based
> mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal.
> Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of
> the same email. I have one now that has four copies and
> everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy.
> Any help as always appreciated, Tim
0
bobh1 (4)
5/6/2004 6:29:36 PM
Timmah wrote:

> I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003.
> It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2
> things and think they are related. Firts if there is no
> subject for email being recieved it will hang on that
> email and never download to client using OutLook or
> Outlook Express.

You may want to call MS PSS and open support case, as it seems to be
common problem with no fix.

> I can go in and through the Web based
> mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal.
> Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of
> the same email. I have one now that has four copies and
> everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy.

Please specify version of Outlook and protocol used (MAPI-Corp/WG mode,
POP3 or IMAP4). Also, take a look at message ID and see if it is the
same or different.

> Any help as always appreciated, Tim

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/7/2004 5:55:54 AM
See my reply to Timmah.

"Bob H." wrote:

> I also have the same problem and need to get some answers as the boss
> is getting a little upset.
>
> bob h
>
> "Timmah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<8cff01c432d1$df9b5830$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> > I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003.
> > It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2
> > things and think they are related. Firts if there is no
> > subject for email being recieved it will hang on that
> > email and never download to client using OutLook or
> > Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based
> > mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal.
> > Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of
> > the same email. I have one now that has four copies and
> > everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy.
> > Any help as always appreciated, Tim

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/7/2004 5:57:21 AM
Hey Bob,

Can you test this. Disable the POP3 and download the mail using MS Outlook
using Exchange Server Service. Then can you see that you still get the mail
copies...

Cheers !
Ruwan Dissanayake

"Bob H." <bobh@learnstar.com> wrote in message
> I also have the same problem and need to get some answers as the boss
> is getting a little upset.
>
> bob h
>
> "Timmah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003.
> > It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2
> > things and think they are related. Firts if there is no
> > subject for email being recieved it will hang on that
> > email and never download to client using OutLook or
> > Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based
> > mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal.
> > Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of
> > the same email. I have one now that has four copies and
> > everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy.
> > Any help as always appreciated, Tim

0
ruwand (40)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

WCF Client serialization problem

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails