Exchange 2003 - Send As permission

Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user.
Anyone encountered this before? Any solution?
0
FuiFan (1)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan
<FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user.
>Anyone encountered this before? Any solution?

If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one)
security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't.
Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what
groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody should, so it shouldn't be
too hard to get near a candidate.
0
mark7219 (5666)

How to predefine mailbox size and other setting in exchange 2003 for new users
Hi, My requirment is that whenever I create a new user with mailbox in a specific container, by default setting for mailbox size, member of and other setting should automatically have some defined values. That is can we created a tempelate for a container and define the value of some fields. -Saket You can create "template" user accounts, yes. I'd make sure that they are disabled, but that should achieve what you want. When you want to create a new account using the template settings, you would just "copy" the template account. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Mes...

manifest don't work with visual C++ .NET 2003!!!!
I have a problem! I used VC6 for avout a long time ago... since XP I add manifest in my resource to have the XP theme control, It work well! Now I begin to use permanently Visual Studio .NET ... When I generate my MFC application I told it to generat a manifest... It does but when executing my app It just show old control style!!! What's the matter... What I have to do to allow my app to use the new XP control when compiling in Visual Studio .NET? Eric >I used VC6 for avout a long time ago... since XP I add manifest in my >resource to have the XP theme control, It work well...

OL 2002 and Exchange Server
We have Exchange 2000 Server, and I just got a new system with XP Pro and Outlook 2002. I have several "personal' Email accounts defined as POP/SMTP entries, but the Exchange entry is the Default. When I try to Reply to a message received in one of my personal accounts, I get a "550 authentication required" error. I usually get the same result when I try Forwarding a message to an outside address. However, if I open a new message and send to that same outside address, it goes fine. One other note - when I try the Test Account Settings button in the Internet E-mail...

Exchange 2003 truncating SMTP data #2
Hello: I posted a message about this a while back and was not able to find a solution. We are running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2, and have discovered a problem where if a message has a single dot "." by itself on a line, the message is truncated at that dot. This only happens for outgoing messages from our Exchange server to other outside servers via SMTP. Internal messages and incoming messages are fine and don't have this problem. I believe this has something to do with the SMTP end of data character being a dot ".", but we haven't been able to figure out w...

Restore Exchange backup after reformat of OS
Hello everyone, I am planning on doing a clean install of Windows 2003 Server on our Windows 2000 Server machine, due to upgrading not working. Exchange 2003 Standard is currently installed and after the clean install of Windoes 2003 Server I am going to reinstall Exchange 2003. Here is my question - if I do a Full - NTBACKUP of the Information Store - First Storage Group (we only have one IS and one SG) while it is running on Windows 2000 Server (before I do the clean install), can I restore the information store back to Exchange once I install it on Windows 2003 Server succesfully? Will...

It gets stuck when I open an email or try to send an email in outlook
Whow can help me with this? Occasionally,my outlook gets stuck when I try to open an email in my mailbox on the exchange server or in my personal folders ,or I try to open new mail message to send an email.However,it keeps frozen for about 15 minutes when the hourglass icon appears on the screen,then it begins to work and recovers to normal.What seems to be the problems? Thank you for help. ...

Exchange 2003 eating up diskspace
Hey, I've installed exchage server 2003 on a partition that is 25.1 Gb. At first everything looked okay. But now it eating 1 Gb a day and i am soon to run out off disk space. Exchange is the only software installed on this partition. Here are the directorys with corresponding size. adress : 366Kb Bin : 137Mb CONNDATA : 2.0Kb ExchangeServer_NTSNO008: : 285Kb exchweb : 44.3Mb mailroot : 0 Bytes MDBDATA : 9.0Gb MTADATA : 2.95Mb NTSNO0008.log ...

Audit permission in exchange server 2000
Hi, Platform : windows 2000 advance server, exchange 2000 enterprise edition, active directory. I'd like to get any information about how to audit exchange 2000 permission. Thank You. ...

Unable to attach file using send to function
Hi, please look here, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q176/2/69.asp&NoWebContent=1 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for the user!
Dear All: how to set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for the user! thanks Out of Office is a client-side function...I don't know anyway it can be set except thru Outlook or OWA (2003)... "Jazz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aee01c495bb$772d7fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > how to set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for > the user! > > thanks This is true - its client side. However, you must set your Exchange server to allow this. Otherwise it won't work. Best of luck. Dr. Sys >---...

Public phone list in Exchange 2003
Hi ! We are using Exchange 2003 in our company, and i have made a list of all our employees in a public folder. I want the list to be shown as "Phone list", but when my users open the folder, they see it as "address cards", and they manually have to change the view to "Phone list". This is no very good.... Is there a way for me to set it up on the server, so that the list automaticly is shown as "Phone list". Regards, Ole Set up the view you want by creating a new custom view, calling it what you like, and make it the default/initial view on the P...

How can I send my hotmail account to office messenger?
How can I send my hotmail account to office messenger? This question doesn't seem to have anything to do with Microsoft Office Outlook...if it does, please elaborate. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Will" wrote: > How can I send my hotmail account to office messenger? What do you mean by "Office Messenger"? Is that your corporate messenger service? Or are you talking about the messenger you use at work?? "Will"...

Excel 2003 Worksheet formatting questions
I have created a simple income daysheet for my medical practice. The idea is for all money collected and received in a day to be inputted in that day's day sheet along with the source of the money, why it was received and if there is a check or statement number associated with the payemnt for it to be recorded. My questions are: 1. Column A is for date - I want to automatically enter the current date in each cell in column A. So when a new payment is being entered the current date is automatically entered for the payment clerk. I can get the date in 1 cell using the date functio...

data file to send and receive mail cannot be found
I accidentally deleted a Microsoft Exchange account from Outlook. Now I get "Cannot create an email message because the data file to send and receive messages could not be found. To add a data file such as a personal folder file, double-click on the Mail icon in Control Panel." What should I do? Thank you "matthewcrook" <matthewcrook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4D4D31-9435-483C-B847-69B1015A11A9@microsoft.com... >I accidentally deleted a Microsoft Exchange account from Outlook. Now I get > "Cannot create an email m...

CScrollbar events in VS 2003
I've added a scroll bar to a dialog in a new dialog only mfc app. but the only event I can find for it is NM_THEMECHANGED (which throws a compiler error)? Can I add my own WM_SCROLL handlers? Thanks ...

Permissions Problems
Hello All, I just setup CRM 3.0 on SBS 2K3 SP1 and I getting some security audit failures. I am a member of Enterprise Admins, Domain Admins and Administrators. I used my user account to install the CRM, with no issues, and I am a member of the Systems Administrator CRM Role. These are the following symptoms: 1) Cannot login to CRM from server at all (401 unauthorized) This is the failure entry in the security log: Event ID: 537 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Logon Failure: Reason: An error occurred during logon User Name: my.username Domain: MYDOMAIN Logon Type: ...

Send email to same domain name (Expert only)
Hi all, My environment as below: Internal domain name abc.com and server is ex1 External domain name abc.com and email is test@abc.com, server is ex2 Question: I have setup outlook 2003, ex1 using exchange mode and ex2 using pop3 mode, it seem ok for internal or external mail's, but i found that if ex1 no mailbox of test@abc.com, the return message is can't delivery this mail. How can i send email in test@abc.com which ex2 server can recevied? I feel that ex1 server is received the email first!!! Pls advise Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321721 Lei...

Exchange work with LDAP
Hi, Can Exchange 2003 AD work with LDAP? Are there tools to bridge the 2? Regards, Norman Zhang Hi Norman Could you provide a little more info on what you are trying to do, Exchange 2000/2003 uses Active Directory as its LDAP directory service, are you trying to connect Exchange 2003 to another LDAP directory service? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Norman Zhang" <norm@realbox.com> wrote in message news:%23uPkjo6CFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can Exchange 2003...

help w/converting pub 2003 to pub 2000
I am in great need of assistance converting a publisher 2003 file to publisher 2000 by tomorrow!!! Can anyone help me?? Thanks Niki Holton Niki Holton wrote: > I am in great need of assistance converting a publisher 2003 file to > publisher 2000 by tomorrow!!! Can anyone help me?? > > > Thanks > > Niki Holton magrat (underscore) garlick (at) hotmail (dot) com. -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/ ...

Exchange Cluster #4
Hi All, My company purchased 2 identical hardware and we have exising windos 2003 Dc, now i wanted to install exchange on microsoft cluster. as I have 2 same identical server on which i will install the exchange, if my one hardware goes down my sencond exchange/hardware will act as a active exchange server & will be accessible to all the users, we have only 100 mailboxes in our company & plaaning to hire 400 employee in coming months, what will be the best way to deploy the same Regards Muneer Khan 1 active and 1 passive i have 25000 exchange users in 3 actives and 1 passive ...

Sending but not receiving
Hi there!, I can send email to an especific person, he receives it, but i can't receive only his email. I checked already if his account was on my blocked sender list, but he isn't there. I'm using Outlook express, Full Updated. I have reset all my internet settings, and options. Nothing. Still not getting "his email only". By the way, this other person is using Outlook XP Standard edition, and we checked together all the options and settings and it looks like the emails he sends to me are going out without a problem; but i still don't get it !!! Please Help !...

Outlook 2002/2003 auto-complete function
How do i clear out the "database" of the auto-complete function in the To,cc and bcc fields. i know how to do a single name clear by clicking delete is there a way to clear all the names out? To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brian James" <bjames@beconet.com> wrote in message news:009101c3ad51$120b6a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do i clear out the "database" of the auto-complete > function in the To,cc and bcc fields. i know how...

Moving Exchange 2003 to new Hardware #2
I'm in the middle of my main server move.. this server is Primary Domain Controller, exchange 2003 server, DNS and DHCP hosts, AntiVirus (Symantec), and print server. This is on a Win2k3 sp 1 OS. I've moved Symantec first, that was easy. Now I'm moving Exchange 2003 - I've installed Exchange, both servers are now running the same version and I see both in the EMS. I've started to set the public folders to replicate from my oldserver to newserver.. The public folders replicated twice, and now stopped.. they are out of sync (I think this is related to a problem I'l...

HTTPMail in Outlook 2003
I have a hotmail account which I had setup using the HTTPMail connector in Outlook. About a week ago, I stopped being able to connect to the account. I get the following message: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' What's really odd is that it just seems to be a problem with the one account. I setup another test account on hotmail and a new profile and that one seems to work fine. The error doesn't seem to really be a timeout issue, but rather tied to th...