Exchange 2003 Scene

I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003.

I want to build the following scene:
Commom User: they can't sent e-mail over internet (only internal)
Dept User: can send e-mail over the internet

The commom accounts have their own mailboxes and need to send external
e-mails through dept account only (using from field), but they can't delete
dept mailbox contents.

Is that possible?
0
Will9118 (79)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:02 -0700, Will
<Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003.
>
>I want to build the following scene:
>Commom User: they can't sent e-mail over internet (only internal)
>Dept User: can send e-mail over the internet
>
>The commom accounts have their own mailboxes and need to send external
>e-mails through dept account only (using from field), but they can't delete
>dept mailbox contents.
>
>Is that possible?

Yes:
Restrictions are applied using this:

As for applying permissions on users own mailboxes (which is what I
think your asking) the answer is no.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/28/2006 7:54:22 PM
I don't think I was too clear.

Ok, i'll create a group and put all "no internet mail users". But these
users need to send e-mail to internet through department account and can't
delete the contents of department account

i.e
User Accounts: Joan, Steve, Brian (they can't send e-mail to internet - this
is resolved)
Marketing Account: Users above need to send external e-mail through this
account but can't delete any e-mail from marketing mailbox.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:02 -0700, Will
> <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003.
> >
> >I want to build the following scene:
> >Commom User: they can't sent e-mail over internet (only internal)
> >Dept User: can send e-mail over the internet
> >
> >The commom accounts have their own mailboxes and need to send external
> >e-mails through dept account only (using from field), but they can't delete
> >dept mailbox contents.
> >
> >Is that possible?
>
> Yes:
> Restrictions are applied using this:
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html
>
> As for applying permissions on users own mailboxes (which is what I
> think your asking) the answer is no.

0
Will9118 (79)
4/28/2006 8:16:01 PM
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:16:01 -0700, Will
<Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I don't think I was too clear.
>
>Ok, i'll create a group and put all "no internet mail users". But these
>users need to send e-mail to internet through department account and can't
>delete the contents of department account
>
>i.e
>User Accounts: Joan, Steve, Brian (they can't send e-mail to internet - this
>is resolved)
>Marketing Account: Users above need to send external e-mail through this
>account but can't delete any e-mail from marketing mailbox.

That part is easier. You grant the users "send as" rights on the
Accounts user/mailbox. You then change the permissions on the folders
within the Accounts mailbox so that the users with the send as right
can't delete.

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:02 -0700, Will
>> <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003.
>> >
>> >I want to build the following scene:
>> >Commom User: they can't sent e-mail over internet (only internal)
>> >Dept User: can send e-mail over the internet
>> >
>> >The commom accounts have their own mailboxes and need to send external
>> >e-mails through dept account only (using from field), but they can't delete
>> >dept mailbox contents.
>> >
>> >Is that possible?
>>
>> Yes:
>> Restrictions are applied using this:
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html
>>
>> As for applying permissions on users own mailboxes (which is what I
>> think your asking) the answer is no.

0
mark7219 (5666)
4/28/2006 8:40:59 PM
one thing more.....the users need to read the e-mails sent to dept account
too.......therefore they need to open the mailbox and send as will not allow
this

any ideas.....? (sorry for that, customer wants a crap of environment, buttt)

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:16:01 -0700, Will
> <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't think I was too clear.
> >
> >Ok, i'll create a group and put all "no internet mail users". But these
> >users need to send e-mail to internet through department account and can't
> >delete the contents of department account
> >
> >i.e
> >User Accounts: Joan, Steve, Brian (they can't send e-mail to internet - this
> >is resolved)
> >Marketing Account: Users above need to send external e-mail through this
> >account but can't delete any e-mail from marketing mailbox.
>
> That part is easier. You grant the users "send as" rights on the
> Accounts user/mailbox. You then change the permissions on the folders
> within the Accounts mailbox so that the users with the send as right
> can't delete.
>

> >"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> >> Yes:
> >> Restrictions are applied using this:
> >> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html
> >>
> >> As for applying permissions on users own mailboxes (which is what I
> >> think your asking) the answer is no.

0
Will9118 (79)
4/28/2006 9:03:01 PM
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:03:01 -0700, Will
<Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>one thing more.....the users need to read the e-mails sent to dept account
>too.......therefore they need to open the mailbox and send as will not allow
>this
>
>any ideas.....? (sorry for that, customer wants a crap of environment, buttt)
>
>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

When you were going into the mailbox to prevent the users deleting
messages I kind of assumed you would actually set the permissions to
allow the users in there in the first place.
Correct, Send As doesn't grant you access to the mailbox but you can't
deny someone the delete access unless you've gone in there and allowed
them to see stuff in the first place !!!
0
mark7219 (5666)

Exchange 2003 Categorizer errors
We just added a Exchange 2003 server to our Exchange 5.5 site. (We are also running 2003 AD.) Periodically the Event Log shows the following error messages when a user sends an email out. (All these users are users of mailboxes that have been moved to the 2003 server.) The message is delayed a little bit but it eventually gets to its destination. I can't find any docs on these error messages. Any Ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Categorizer Event ID: 6010 Date: 8/24/2004 Time: 10:20:18 AM User: N/A Computer: CORPSRV27 Description: Cate...

Outlook 2010 Beta and Exchange 2003
Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop. Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange 2003? When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem. papparuff -- papparuff http://forums.slipstick.com I have it working successfully here so yes. How are you configuring your ...

Exchange 2003 Store.exe failure
Hello, Our Exchange Server 2003 recently exhibited the same issues as described in Nicolas Harnois's post (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=umCQCkuhDHA.944%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl). The problem starts with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 2/25/2004 Time: 3:43:10 AM User: N/A Computer: ACCEXC1 Description: The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Exchange Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registr...

Windows 7, Outlook 2003...
Upgraded to Windows 7, using the easy transfer process. When I go to send an email, none of my contacts show as available. If I go to the contacts view, they are all there, but when clicking the 'to' button, none of them come up. How doI fix this? "Mikey" <texan767@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d013b7e8-68cb-403d-ad79-2d4646f61a4f@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Upgraded to Windows 7, using the easy transfer process. > When I go to send an email, none of my contacts show as available. > If I go to the contacts view, they are all there, but w...

Exchange and BlackBerry's
Right now we are running exchange 2003 standard, and we have some black berry's. The only way we can get email redirected to the black berry's is to use the desktop redirecter. Is there some other way to do this that doesn't require the desktop redirector? Thanks yes...you can use the Blackberry Enterprise Server... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uNK5VQOTFHA.2548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Right now we are running exchange 2003 standard, and we have some black > berry's. The only way we can get email redirected to the black berry...

Exchange server not showing quarantined attachments but users are
We recently upgraded to 2003 outlook. By default our Exchange server quarantined attachments. We have corrected the problem and proper attachments are no longer being quarantined (None are currently being held). However ALL attachments for ALL users before the upgrade are still quarantined. Any Thoughts? What do you mean by quarantined? Do you mean the attachments were blocked or are you referring to an AV client. Nue "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBCBF22-E721-4189-A25E-9D40D33F5A7D@microsoft.com... > We recently upgraded to 2003 o...

Exchange server not responding
I can't get into my new outlook 2003. It is saying the exchange server is unavailable. I don't know what to write for the exchange server? Help Ask your Exchange Admin - we would not know the server name. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Olivia asked: | I can't get into my new outlook 2003. It is saying the | exchange server is unavailab...

Cannot setup Newsgroups in Office 2003
I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and cannot access newsgroups ... when I go into the help area.. it suggests I go to add new buttons ... customize ... got to "go" command and drags "News" to the Go area on my toolbar... but "News" is not on the list of commands... can anyone suggest how I get this setup .. I use Newsgroups extensively.. and would like to have them turned on. Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs Set Outlook Express to be your default news reader. The Go > News option will appear when you try to customize. -- Russ Va...

Exchange Server 5.5 #4
I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. I have configured the mail connector not to allow relaying by selecting the Routing tab, then selecting "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" Then under Routing restrictions, I selected "Hosts and clients that can succsesfully authenticate" When I telnet to my Exchange server from an outside source, I am still able to relay mail. any ideas? Thanks Matt "Matt Fitz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. I have configured the >mail connector not to allow relaying by selecting the...

How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007
I need to install existing templates from word 2003. I can add them under templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon. I run XP but no Save In Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions. Tearing hair out. Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a trusted folder or move them to an alr...

DOS Attack
We have been the targets of some kind of DOS attack in that a remote server continually transmits a garbage message to <fictitious random name>@<realserver.com>. The main result is that before we figured what was going the Administrator mailbox got clogged up with 1.4 million NDR's. Two queries:- 1) Anyone know a quick way to clear the Administrator mailbox. The Mailbox Cleanup Wizard only does around 300 at a time then stops. Logging into the mailbox -> select all hangs the system. Selecting more than around 4000 and deleting gives a not enough memory error. 2) For...

exchange 2003 SP1 #4
I would like to upgrade to SP1 plus the post SP1 hotfixes. Let me give a brief summary of my environment and see if anyone knows of any issues I will encounter. 4 node (3 active/1 passive) cluster Mixed mode 2 front end servers (OWA and SMTP. No Pop, IMAP, or mobile devices) 1 server running Exchange 2003, ADC, and SRS 10 exchange 5.5 servers with a few mailboxes, public folder, conference rooms, etc. left on them -these will be going away in the next few months 2003 AD mixed Mode Blackberry enterprise server version3.6.3.17 Sybari Antigen 8.00.1470 It seems I should : 1) backup every...

Exchange 5.5 and Vodafone Text Centre
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 server SP3 Outlook 2002/2003 on Windows XP SP1 Mailbox count = 150 Symantec AntiVirus installed and running on all servers and clients with latest def files. Our exchange server has been running really slow for past one week to 10 days. We have just dafraged the priv database last night but did not resolve the issue. After much digging around, it turns out that only two users are causing the CPU to peg at above 60% when they open unread mail. The dreaded "Requesting data from the mail server" comes up for these two users whenever they open unread ma...

Exchange Explorer 'Server not avalible' error
Hello, I have just installed sdk dev tools for exchange so that I can add a script to a mailbox to export .zip files on my exchange 2003 server. I have the script but when I run the Exchange Exploer and try to connect using my administrator account and pass and the http://server1/exchange/mailbox http://server1/exchange/mailbox/folder http://server1/public I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable ...

Additional Exchange Mailbox downloads emails again everyday

Slow Searching in Exchange 2003
We run an E-Bay business, the email box used for sales has about 80,000 messages for the past six months. Anything older is archived, but due to the volume of the emails, and the nature of business, this cannot be reduced past the six months. Searching is extremely slow, 4-5 min per search, so I looking for a soultion for Exchange 2003. I read about Full Text Indexing and third-party utilities that would help me, but not sure which one to go with. Clearly Exchange's Indexing would be cheaper, but it add to CPU overhead. Does anybody have experience on Full Text Indexing and what impoveme...

Outlook 2003 cached mode + exchange 2003 = SLOW
Hi all, i'm sorry for my bad english! I've upgrade outlook 2000 (in the office 200) with only outlook 2003 through GPO and enabled cache mode. In some pc with windows 2000 the first time in the morning i load outlook 2003, it freeze the pc for one half hour. Whithout cache mode everything works correctly. I' ve tryed to delete users profile and re-create it, but after a week the problem return. What could i do? Thank you! ...

Replication Issues between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5
We have recently installed exchange 2003 server on our network and are in the process of migrating users mailboxes. We have migrated 23 mailboxes so far, the first few were done individualy then a group of about 8 users were migrated, the move wizard started moving four of the eight mailboxes and scheduled the others, this failed initialy as a user was still logged in to Outlook. The process was repeated and completed succesfully. Now from the client side in Outlook it is showing as the new exchange server but the users are not recieving mail, the last copy in the inboxes is from before the mi...

running Outlook 2003 on the Exchange 2003 server
Does anyone know if this will screw anything up? Nope. This works fine at our location ...

Publisher 2003 image printing incorrectly but okay in MSPub 98
Publisher 2003 Upgrade. 1-page file with two GIFs inserted and one text frame in 2003 version format. When printing page, images print 75% or so correctly, and then restart at the top of the picture again. Both images do this, throwing the page format entirely off, and truncating the text...apparently routine creating print file has a glitch. Used Add-Remove to repair program with no change. Started Publisher 98 with blank document, copied the objects from the problem document and pasted them into the Pub 98 document and saved. Printed this document with no errors...so it appears the pr...

ADC removed before Exchange 5.5 server
Our last Exchange 5.5 server was removed with no AD connector in place to replicate it's removal to AD. I've of course had no luck trying to create a ADC now... Is there someway to recover from this mistake? I'm ultimately trying to get our exchange site to "Native Mode". Thanks! Stan - It's the SRS that is responsible for bringing this 5.5-server deletion from the 5.5 world over into the AD. If your SRS is still in place, but the ADC has been removed, there's a great chance the Config_CA is still in place but no longer running. Have a look through...

exchange 2k3 running pop3
hey people, we're a small business running exchange 2k3 on sbs2k3 and everything was set-up before receiveing our new server to collect email via our old pop3 account. the limitations of the pop3 settings in exchange mean we would love to be running ex2k3 smtp style so mail actually leaves the building when we "send" the message. me being a complete novice with exchange, could someone please outline the processes i need to go through to collect and send email via smtp? we are also running symantec corporate antivirus, would i need to change any of that software's set...

2003 Exchange sp2
I take it, its not wise to install Sp2 for 2003 exchange, has anyone had any luck with it at all?? I keep reading people with problems, but want to install it for its features but i dont want to do a disaster recovery if its a fluke SP!! Thanks It's running in plenty of production environments... make sure you read the Release Notes, and as with all service packs/patches/upgrades on critical systems - test before you deploy. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com>...

Outlook 2003 Mail Filter
Hi all, I have a issues about Outlook mail fiiltering. A user might receive many email with same subject from subordinate everyday, he wanna only receive the first arrive email, then filter out all other same subject incoming email. For example: subject: testing -user1 (to inbox) subject: testing -user2 (to recyclebin) subject: testing -user3 (to recyclebin) subject: testing -user4 (to recyclebin) Is either Exchange or Outlook possible to do so? or need any addin to do that? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH063564671033.aspx -- �ukasz 'pow3r_shell' Olejnik p...

Outlook 2003
Here is what I found in this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=054201c3dc47%2449db1870%24a001280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=12&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Doutlook%2Bsubject%2Bsorting%2Bgroup:microsoft.public.outlook.*%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook.*%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3D054201c3dc47%252449db1870%2524a001280a%2540phx.gbl%26rnum%3D12 " This is the message I received from the user: (it is set up as default view). I am having a problem with Outlook and sorting messages. When I...