Exchange 2003 Reaches 16GB Limit

My Exchange 2003 standard edition complains of reaching
16GB even though the mailbox store shows a combined size
of about 2GB. Priv1.edb is reading 15.8GB. What could be
the cause of this. This server is only handling 50 users
and is 2 months old. The largest mailbox is about 107MB.
0
lokoh (1)

First, it's the _combined_ size of priv1.edb and priv1.stm that is
limited to 16GB in the Std Edition.

You could start by reading MSKB article 828070 which will show you how
to _temporarily_ increase the permitted DB size so that you can delete
stuff.

Gordon

"Leonard Okoh" <lokoh@tranterserve.com> wrote in message news:<08cf01c4ab93$0807fd20$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> My Exchange 2003 standard edition complains of reaching
> 16GB even though the mailbox store shows a combined size
> of about 2GB. Priv1.edb is reading 15.8GB. What could be
> the cause of this. This server is only handling 50 users
> and is 2 months old. The largest mailbox is about 107MB.
0
gpegue (17)
10/6/2004 4:24:28 PM
It is probably deleted items and/or mailboxes being retained by your
retention policy.  Open System Manager, navigate to your Information
Store and then Mailboxes window.  On the view menu, select "add/remove
columns" and select Deleted Items.  Sort that column by size and I
think you might find something.  Remember, once an Exchange database
grows to a certain size, the overall size of the structure cannot be
reduced until items are truly deleted (meaning they are deleted AND
past the retention policy limits) and an offline defragmentation is
run.  Online maintenance will delete these items and recover the free
space within the databse structure, but the overall database size
cannot be reduced until an offline defrag is run.
0
billybish (4)

contacts in 2003
Is there a way to import a list of contacts into exchange 2003 like you could with 5.5? I have several hundred addresses that I need to create and was hoping I would not have to do it manually. Any suggestions? Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.com Into AD? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327620 "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message news:%23IsuBl8BGHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to import a list of contacts into exchange 2003 like you > could with 5.5? I have several hundred addresses that I need to create > and was h...

Word 2003 VBA to limit options in Inputbox to those in drop down
I have the following macro which works great to make a form drop down list mandatory to fill in: Sub MustFillIn() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = "ENTER NAME" Then Do sInFld = InputBox("This field must be filled in, fill in below.") Loop While sInFld = "" ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = sInFld End If End Sub However, the user is free to enter whatever they want in the input box, although the field this fires from if nothing is entered is a drop down- is there any way to ...

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

Help
My Regional Manager insists on things being perfect - need assistance with this problem. Working in Governemtn department - we have many users with unusal names and surnames - not common to standard dictionaries. My Rm wants to forward emails received with these peoples names in the original message - without outlook spell checking each of these names before sending. I have set up the email options under spelling - to ignore original message when forwarding - which it does but still spell checks the original message's recipients before sending. How do I set this up to exclude the n...

outlook 2003 and http email
Outlook's support for Http Email seems to be real bad. Is there no way of setting up rules within Outlook that checks what is delivered into a HTTP Inbox and runs the rules It's so annoying that I have to manually move all the messages Is there no way to import rules set in msn to outlook archiving does not work for http e-mails. Is there any kind of http-to-pop3 converter available? On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:01:11 +0530, "__jakal__" <jakal@jakal.com> wrote: >Outlook's support for Http Email seems to be real bad. >Is there no way of setting up ...

Locking down relaying in Exchange 2000
Hello All, I have searched this newsgroup for recommendations for shutting down the open relay capabilities in Exchange Server 2000. I ran the relay test from a site recommended in a previous post in this group: http://msv.dk/ This test ran and the following are the failures listed from the test. Note: The Ip address, Servername, and domain name have been changed to protect the ignorant (me). Can anyone explain how each of these failures were caused, and even more importantly, how to block them, if, in fact, they are true failures? At the time of this test, the test did not check for ful...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

Server 2003 + RWW + Printers
This has to be one of the oddest problems I've seen, with no explanation that I can come up with. So we've got our SBS 2003 Server w/ SP2. On nearly all of our client machines when you log onto them through RWW, you can access your home printer. On a few of the machines you can't. Although the XPS and FAX in Windows are accessible. I find the truly strange part of this being that other machines on the network don't have any different configuration settings than the ones in which you can see all of your home printers. Any ideas? This isn't a configurat...

Microsoft Office 2003 Updates
I am able to download but not install the following updates - Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB975958), Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3), and Update for Office 2003 (KB907417). For each failure I receive the same error code - 0x80070643. I have tried to download the Genuine Microsoft Tool to validate my Office 2003 Software but it won't download. I have tried to use logs to find the specific error but it does not work. Can anyone help me? I am no longer able to open Outlook 2003. -- Thank you. Lucy Description of the update for Office ...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How clean is uninstall of Office 2003 (to revert to Office 2002)?
I've been hunting around trying to find how to convert a Unicode PST file created with Outlook 2003 to an ANSI PST file usable by Outlook 2002. We had a contract worker that used Outlook 2003 on his laptop. Before leaving, we saved off the data files from his laptop, including the PST files but they were apparently in Unicode format because we cannot read them using Outlook 2002. From my searching, it appears the only way we can revert is to install the trial version of Outlook 2003, create an ANSI PST file, copy the items from the Unicode PST file to the ANSI PST file, and unins...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Outlook 2003
Getting "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persits, restart Outlook." when attempting to forward, send or reply, using Outlook 2003. Restarting does not help. If you delete the NT Profile the problem goes away for a few days and then returns. We have also tried "Detect and repair" and Uninstall / re-install without good results. Only replacing the NT Profile seems to have an impact. Help! ...

OutLook 2003 Calendar
i am trying to set the starting day of the week to sunday, but cannot do it. I have gone to TOOLS/options/Calendar options and selected sunday as the starting day in both the ckeck boxesand the dropdown menu, but no Luck I have selected any other day of the eekand the will show as first day of week, but not sunday? any suggestions What calendar view are you using? If the monthly calendar view, you need to uncompress weekend days to have Sunday show as the first day of the week. View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where Outlook keeps the file now. Thank you The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it yet, the bits also s...

Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Just acquired new Lap Top with the above loaded. I confirmed codes on phone and have operational. Would now like to have on my other 2 office computers to maintain comformity. What does it cost to allow this to happen and what is the process? I'm currently running Office 200 on other computers. Fred Fred wrote: > Just acquired new Lap Top with the above loaded. I > confirmed codes on phone and have operational. Would now > like to have on my other 2 office computers to maintain > comformity. What does it cost to allow this to happen and > what is the process? I'...

sbs 2003 change port 443
Hello, i have a sbs 2003 and a seperate webserver 2003 for a application. the seperate webserver uses the port 443 and now i want to use the sbs2003 also to sync mobile phones with OMA (that also uses port 443) what is the best thing to do? or just change the port for oma to another one? if yes wich one is a good one? or change the webapplication regards Marc I wouldn't change the Port on the SBS2003 if it was me Do you have More than 1 IP from your ISP if so then you could use the Extra IP to utilize the same port Number Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP...

Exporting existing info from outlook 2003 to exchange server
This must be an easy thing to do or it is not possible. I'm hoping that what I am about to describe is easy and I'm just missing something ? We got exchange server to share calendars and inbox information. I set up exchange server - no problem. I have Outlook 2003 on one machine and have outlook 2002 on other. The Outlook 2003 machine has a ton of data and a calendar that goes out almost another year with appointments. I am able to delegate and allow the 2002 Outlook user to share a calendar and inbox on the exchange server - albeit ... the calendar and inbox are empty. I was feeli...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Conversion from 2003 to 2007
I have a split Access database. There is a main database and a back-end. When I try to open the converted database it can't find the Backend and shows a path that will not work but unless I can open it and look at the code, I can't see what has to be changed. Any pointers would be welcome :) Karen But can you link the tables using the Link Table Manager? Karen wrote: >I have a split Access database. There is a main database and a back-end. >When I try to open the converted database it can't find the Backend and >shows a path that will not work but unless I can...

Exchange 2000 not sending email
FYI Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3 (Fresh install) Exchange 5.5 (Fresh Install) Exchange Enterprise Server 2000 (upgrade version) Note : Exchange 5.5 was installed and immediately upgraded to 2000. It was not configured etc. Cannot send emails ... internal users can send/receive to/from each other .. emails can be retrieved from net ... users cannot send out. Some other info. Queues hold messages and never go .. always come back approx 48hrs later failure ... All queues based on remote delivery never "GO" Always bounced back ISP says the mx records 'look good...

money 2003 #13
I currently use a check card for most of my banking transactions. I enter each transaction and it deducts it from my account, simple. I now want to replace the check card with a credit card. I am not disiplened enough to just pay the bill each month and would like to enter the transactions into my register as I did with the check card then bundle these transactions together once a month and write a check for them and have it show up in the register as one transaction. Long story short, can I group these transactions as one when I write the check each month? (1) Set up a credit card ...