Exchange 2003 Question #3

Dear all,

I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I
can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the
System Manager.  Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so,
where is it?  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.

0
kka (63)

You can use ExMerge to remove emails based on certain criteria (ie.
attachment name, subject, etc).

"KA Kueh" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I
> can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the
> System Manager.  Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so,
> where is it?  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kueh.

0
S1 (162)

Outlook 2003 not responding #8
Hi I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 not responding. If I try to delete any emails from my inbox after deleting two or three the program will hang and stop responding. I am using a connection to an Exchange server via wi-fi and a VPN. I am using a Dell Latitude laptop PC with an identical setup to five others in the office, who don't have the same problem as me. This problem happens even if I try to work offline, I have tried to make a repair, a complete re-install of Office standard, an upgrade to Office Professional and I have even tried disabling the anti-virus softwa...

Outlook 2003 #45
having problems getting outlook to identify itsself using a fully-qualified host name in the HELO command of a SMTP communication. my computer is not in a domain. my computer name does show up as fully-qualified in System Properties --> Computer Name. any help would be appreciated. ...

Word 2000 with Excel 2003
Greetings from humid Southeast Texas. A friend of mine (who is not incredibly computer literate) has Word 2000 installed on her machine. Yesterday she went out to buy Excel, and she bought Excel 2003. If she installs this version of Excel will it affect the current Word 2000 installation? Thanks, Andrew No, it shouldn't. On 25 Sep 2004 14:34:28 -0700, noshoesdrew@yahoo.com (Andrew C. - Houston, Tx, USA) wrote: >Greetings from humid Southeast Texas. > >A friend of mine (who is not incredibly computer literate) has Word >2000 installed on her machine. Yesterday she went o...

Border colors not working in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003 - can't get line colour, border colour or table grid lines to show up on screen. They seem to print OK but being invisible on screen makes things tricky. Recently installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 - seems to have started then - any known links between these two or is it just co-incidence? ...

IF THEN FORMULA #3
IF I HAVE THE OPTION TO PUT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING NAME IN CELL A1 TRACTOR ( REFERS TO $80) BOBCAT( REFERS TO $50) LABOR (REFERS TO $28) AND I HAVE THE FORMULA =SUM(A1*B2) IN CELL C1 HOW CAN I REWRITE THIS FROMULA TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN TRACTOR, BOBCAT AND LABOR? PLEASE HELP ME =((A1="TRACTOR")*80+(A1="BOBCAT")*50+(A1="LABOR")*28)*B1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "ELISA@RELIABLECONTRACTORS.BIZ" <ELISARELIABLECONTRACTORSBIZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1185FF6C-3C98-4AA8-907E-AA3001C207E0@microsoft.com... > IF I HAVE THE OP...

Microsoft LDAP Directory #3
Why does a Microsoft LDAP Directory box open when I start Outlook 2003? I just installed it. TIA Did you import accounts from OE or do an upgrade from Outlook 2000 Internet Mail Only mode? (you can remove the LDAP address book via Tools > Email Accounts > View/Change directories/address books.) "Bert" <tarbabyNOSPAM@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:8tcou0h33u2rn93n30mq51ef5sd0ceoftv@4ax.com... > Why does a Microsoft LDAP Directory box open when I start Outlook > 2003? I just installed it. > > TIA ...

Exchange/Outlook Rules
When we configur a rule to forward/redirect email that comes in to our inbox's to another email account(out side our domain) the mail acts like its being sent even goes to our sent items list in outlook but never gets to the net... everything else is running with no problems we send thousands of emails a day, just that one little problem. You have to enable automatic replies to the Internet "Spock255" <Spock255@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B62AE0-2149-440E-81C1-047FADB83115@microsoft.com... > When we configur a rule to forward/redirect emai...

Food Stamps Sales #3
Thanks to Daniel for his response. I've forgot to explain that our local system in Puerto Rico uses a governmental debit card instead of food stamps, thus, sales can be tendered for the exact amount. Yes, I've found the display a the top right of the screen. Can this be changed in exact amount instead of whole dollar? ...

Convert Word 6.0 to Word 2003 programatically
With the latest security update from MS Security Existing word templates documents could not be loaded and they started throwing exceptions each time we load. We would like to convert the existing Word 6.0 to Word 2003 programmatically or by using a tool. How do we convert using .NET? Or any existing MS Tool Thanks for the help It sounds like your problem maybe with the KB973904 security update. Try removing it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ...

Exchange 5.5 with Active Directory
Here is my setup: 3 Windows 2000 Servers named PHOENIX, MARS, APOLLO 3 Linux Servers named (SLEEPY, ZEKE, SUN) Active Directory setup on PHOENIX, MARS Windows 2000 DNS setup on PHOENIX, MARS BIND setup on SLEEPY, ZEKE Sendmail setup on SUN Exchange 5.5 setup on MARS EBTECH.NET is our the name of our Active Directory We use Exchange on MARS for our internal mail which connects to SUN to send messages to people that are not in Exchange. The problem is that with Active Directory setup any email sent to people outside of our Exchange Server who have @ebtech.net in their email addresses gets bounc...

Access 2003 to Email issue.
I have a working Access 2003 form that has a button to open a report and send a email. This makes the report an attachment in the email. The name of the report is placed in the document as the name of the attachment. I would like to add the "variable" EmployeeName so that it appears in the attachment name. Is this possible and if so where and how do I code it to have this happen? I used to be a mindreader, but those skills deteriorate with distance. Without seeing your code, that's hard to do. If you're handy with VBA, try using it to change the name of the attachment,...

Change Directory Name in Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003
The directory name that appears in exmerge does not match the user account name and I would like to know how to change it. Another administrator created an account in Exchange 2003. The display name is Jane Smith, the login is jane@domain.org and the e-mail is janes@vera.org. When the account was created, the word test was put in one of those fields (which one I am no longer sure and it was changed after creation to the names above, although test@domain.org is still one of the e-mails for this user but not the default). When I use exmerge the directory name that appears for the accou...

Outlook 2003 News Reader problems
I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003 Professional.... It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not there... Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats the purpose... Steve You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?" What did you think you were using before? OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in Control Panel > Internet option...

Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003
After we successfully migrated the users to the new exchange server 2003, we find a new problem. User cannot see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar. I suspect this a replication issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. -- Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8207 Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. -KHY ...

Outlook 2003 HTML Reply Selection Spell Check Bug
I received an email in Outlook. The email was in HTML format. I started a reply to the message. I then selected only part of the reply text and hit F7 to check the spelling of the selection (selected text only). A message box pops up stating "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the item?" There were obvious misspelled words that simply were not checked. If I say Yes to "check the rest of the item" the misspelled words are found as would be expected. If the reply is only one word (not likely normally) and you select it and check spelling...

Publisher 2003 #61
How do I access my autotext in Publisher 2003 Publisher doesn't have Autotext, do you mean AutoCorrect? Tools, AutoCorrect options. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bepane" <bepane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2C5279-CF28-4A8C-942F-427A5015257D@microsoft.com... > How do I access my autotext in Publisher 2003 Once I create an autotext in Word I think it should be available in other applications. Call me crazy. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Publisher doesn't ...

What is the sendmail path in exchange 2003 on SBS 2003?
Hi there, I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web host server. I have already installed and tested the perl that makes the script run, everything works fine. I just don't receive the script results in email. I was told that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail program. Can anyone help me on this? Sorry, I am just now learning the world of windows. Thank you, Timothy Moore Most likely you need to connect to E2K3 via SMTP. Use your Exchange server's IP address. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Wh...

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

2 Questions #3
What are some -strategies- to testing formulas? :confused: Please describe the steps to creating a chart. :confused: Thank you! :cool -- shein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sheiny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26857 Hi Sheiny If you want to know the correct way to create a chart - these are the steps. Enter ytour data into the cells. Select the data and then click on the Chart Wizard on the Standard Toolbar - (the one w...

Errors after removing old Exchange server
After removing our old Exchange 2000 server we have issues with Outlook 2003 clients getting error "0x8004010f" when clicking the send receive button. After doing a bit of research I beleive that the old server still housed the following: OAB Version 2 Offline Address Book Schedule+ Free Busy Information I cannot bring the old server back to life now ! Is there a way to rehome these functions to the new Exchange 2003 server manually??? If we did not replicate the system folders off of the decommissioned server we will need to recreate them. You can use a utility that is avail...

Exchange 2k Server unable to send or receive emails.
Hi, Error message "Internal error occur while processing mail box store" appears when try to mount the mailbox store exchange 2000 Server. Hence the server unable to send or receive any email. The mailbox store is located under storage group. Would like to know how to resolve this & what could be the possible reason for this occurnce. Thanking u in advance for all your the time & effort. Mark Magesen Mark, What event appears in the Application event log of the Exchange server ? Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Mark Magesen" <MarkMagesen@discussions.microsoft.co...

Exchange System Manager Issues
Issue: This is a new problem. I am receiving an error message when I try and open Exchange System Manager. The message reads: "The Server Is Not Operational Facility WIN32 ID No: 8007203a Exchange System Manager " Also, when I now try to open Active Directory Users and Computers, I get "The server is not operational". This only started happening since I had my domain MX record changed to point mail to my new exchange server. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave ...

Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually
Hello, I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions. When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details can be completed automatically please? Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix. Thanks Ricki On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'...

Events, dear boy, events #3
Aha I pasted: Application.EnableEvents = true into the immediate window and now the code is working. I don't have an code that would have turned it off in the first place, however. Coul this be a default setting somewhere, or is just one of those thing that can happen now and then? Anyway, thanks for the solution, Bo -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27721 Just a guess. If you turn...

Exchange rule deploy wizard unknown error
Hi, we have an installation of CRM 3.0 with language italian, and we have installed the EMail Router component on the exchange server. When we try to use the deploy wizard in order to create rule for CRM on exchange, all the users of our domain seems to be incorrect, but no additional description is given. The wizard show me an "Unknown Error" (!!??@##) 0x80005000. Nothing in the event viewer. Some one know what's the problem ? Thanks in advance. MAX ...