Exchange 2003 Question #3

Dear all,

I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I
can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the
System Manager.  Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so,
where is it?  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.

0
kka (63)

You can use ExMerge to remove emails based on certain criteria (ie.
attachment name, subject, etc).

"KA Kueh" wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have upgraded from Exchange 5.5 and notice that I miss the feature where I
> can clean/delete mail based on certain criteria from users mailbox via the
> System Manager.  Is this feature still available in Exchange 2003, If so,
> where is it?  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kueh.

0
S1 (162)

Outlook 2003 #108
I receive the following error messages when sending mail using Outlook: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)" Encryption problems "Microsoft Office Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting encryption capabilities: Marjorie.Walters@state.sd.us Continue will encrypt and send message but the listed recipients may not be able to read it. Microsoft Office Word: "An error occured in the underlying security system." "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" How ...

Outlook 2003 Newsgroups and Business Manager
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras Hi - I have the identical application - and the identical problem. I used the following work-arou...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

Exchange 2k rights problem
Hi I am a novice in regards to Exchange but have now inherited a Exchange 2k server. I am in the process of migrating from Win2k servers/AD to win2k3 Domain. As I have a more knowledge of Exchange 2k3, i want to migrate everything including the mail server to 2003. In doing so I have come across a problem with the Win2k exchange server. I can not assign rights. Domain admins and administrators are denied and this in inherited. The problem is that I can not find the account which has set the rights, when I go to the security tab I get the message " unable to display security infor...

Money for ppc question ?
I don't see how to record buy/sells of a stock.Only my checking account allows me to input data.I s there a way to configure this ? Thanks ...

Lead conversion question
Is there a way to convert a lead (which has an individual name along with a company name) into an Account and convert the individual name into a contact in one step? On Aug 10, 10:58 am, Russell Brandford <RussellBrandf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert a lead (which has an individual name along with a > company name) into an Account and convert the individual name into a contact > in one step? I assume by one step you just want to have a button that will create both an Account and Contact entity with one click, correct? You'll have to writ...

Update Query Question 06-19-07
This is what I want to do. In the PO_TBL I have a field PO_ITEM_NBR which combines the data of the PO_ITEM and PO_NBR fields. I want to parse into the actual fields of PO_ITEM and PO_NBR which will exist in the same table. Current Table Result PO_ITEM_NBR PO_ITEM PO_NBR 123344 001 123344 001 123344 002 123344 002 123455 001 123455 001 etc. I have created a updte query with the following SQL statememnt: UPDATE PO_TBL SET PO_ITEM = Left(PO_ITEM_NBR,InStr(PO_ITEM_NBR,&...

Exchange / AD bug in limits?
I want to remove a user's access to sending/receiving email. In the user's Active Directory account, I set the sending/receiving limits to 0kb. This prevents the user from receiving email, from the internet and from authenticated users. This *DOES NOT* prevent the user from sending email. This *DOES* allow the user to send *as large of an email* as they want. 10TB if they wanted to. I've tested this on two separate Exchange servers in separate non-connected domains. Duplicate results. The next method for preventing a user from sending mail is to try recipient limits. ...

Log File Question #2
A few questions please! Which Exchange 2003 log files are the best to check if we want to find out who sent emails to a specific address? Would the log files in question be different for an Exchange 5.5 environment? How long are these log files kept for? Is there a set / recommended time limit? In E2K3 you can use the message tracking center in ESM to find messages. You can do this provided you have enabled it on the mail store properties tab. If you have, the default amount of time for keeping the tracking logs is 10 days. I'm not sure how 5.5 works, sorry. Thanks, Dan "...

Question for drag & drop handler.
To support drag & drop features, the progarm usually calls COleDataSource::DoDragDrop() in the mouse Left Button down event handler. However, the same event handler is also triggered when user press the left button to select the items. This will trigger the drag & drop operations if the event handler doesn't check any condition. How to identify the user is currently dragging the selected items or selecting items in the mouse left button down event handler? Best Regards Jackal Huang > To support drag & drop features, the progarm usually calls > COleDataSource::DoDra...

Question about Outlook client config
I have several thousand Outlook 2003 clients that currently have their "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" set to a local PST. I need a reliable way to force all of these system to deliver to their Exchange mailbox without losing all of the other settings within their Mail profile. I have tried to use a PRF, but the only way that I can get the PRF to force the change from PST to mailbox is to use the "Overwrite existing Exchange settings if an Exchange connection exists," but this seems to "overwrite" too many other options to be a viabl...

Extract and count unique entries in a list (Excel 2003)
I have a list of items (all text strings, but some rows are blank) in column A. I want to extract a list of all the unique text strings and to count how many occurrences there are of each one. I've had a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique but it doesn't quite do what I want. Any help would be gratefully received. Gavin Hi if this is a one-time operation try to use 'Data - filter - Advanced Filter' and check 'Unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "gavin" <no-one@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag n...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

Can I Edit The View In Outlook 2003 CalendarTo Be A Six Day Week
I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I customize the view and am just missing it? TIA! On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:17 -0500, Pulu wrote: >I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd >like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I >customize the view and am just missing it? > >TIA! Think I got it, Alt-6! I'll try the Alt+6, but I usually have four days in my calendar view, and I highlight the range of days in the...

Conditional Formatting #3
Hi all I have this conditional format in cell BB35 =IF(BB35>$BB$37,TRUE) If I insert cells between BB35 & BB37, then the formula changes to =IF(BB35>$BB$38,TRUE) Is there a way of making BB37 absolute, or is there a formula using ROW that I could use? Many thanks -- George Gee -- Select cell B35 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, type: =B35>INDIRECT("$B$37") Click the Format button and select your formatting Click OK, click OK George Gee wrote: > I have this conditional format in cell BB35...

run time error #3
getting run time error message says closing not naturally Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, PVNM asked: | getting run time error message says closing not naturally ...

SBS and Exchange Router
Hi everyone, I am installing CRM on a SBS machine. during the exchange router installation I should specify the website for the instalation and the installation directory. In the MOC they are using the Mircosoft CRM Version 1.2 as the website (IIS) and C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM as the installation directory for the installation of the exchange router, but this will override the files installed by MSCRM???? because during MSCRM installation we also specify the Mircosoft CRM Version 1.2 as the website (IIS) and C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM as the installation directory. could u hel...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...

Exchange 2003 #20
I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 on a W2k Server to backup Exchange 2003. I am unable to get a backup of our Public folders and and mailboxes. When the Public Folders get backed-up it tells me that there are 67 corrupt files. It then backs-up the mailboxes and tells me that 10,751 files were skipped and 1 file was corrupt. All other backups ok fine and are successful. How can I get a backups of our mailboxes and public folders? It this an issue with Veritas backup exec or Exchange? This has only occured since I migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 Cheers Did you install all Verita...

Faster Exchange Performance?
Hello all! I just installed Exchange 2003 into my organization, and moved all of my 5.5 mail boxes to it. I am trying to optimize my Exchange 2003 Server as much as I can. It's a Dell Dual P4 with 2 Gig of Ram, and a Hardware Raid 5 with 2 Logical Drive (C: and D:). I have all of my exchsrv data on the D: Drive, and my First Storage Group is already at 22 Gigs (We are a library, and all email must be maintained for 5 years because it's public record). Do you think if I made additional Storage Groups on the D: and move mail boxes into them, Id see some performance increases? How m...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

watermarks #3
can you do watermarks in excel? On the Format menu, point to Sheet, and then click Background. Select the graphics file to use for the background pattern. The selected graphic is repeated to fill the sheet. You can apply solid color shading to cells that contain data. >-----Original Message----- >can you do watermarks in excel? >. > Hi maybe the following sites will help you: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LT wrote: >...

Content select question?
Dear All, I wonder if any property or method could to check the current document content is selected all or not? Many thanks David If you mean all as in the context of using CTRL+A then If Selection.Range.Start = ActiveDocument.Range.Start And _ Selection.Range.End = ActiveDocument.Range.End Then MsgBox "The document is selected" Else MsgBox "Only part of the document is selected" End If would do that, but it would be better to assign a range rather than a selection and then you would not need to make the test. Set oRng = ActiveDoc...

Basic Acct Question Checks and Witholdings
Hello all. Ok basic accounting 101 probably. What destination would a check and witholdings be applied against in Great Plains? Would that be accounts payable as a payables transaction? We have quarterly check runs that happen outside of great plains and an outside vendor cuts checks. We want to start logging these checks and witholdings possibly on those checks in GP so we can 1099 report at the end of the year. I am just trying to figure out where to start. I will want to use Integration Manager to handle this once I get all the fields together such as Customer ID, Check Numbe...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...