exchange 2003 query.

Dear support team.

I have installed windows 2003 server with exchange 2003
server.
I have configured active directoty with the name called
as domain_abc.com
When i am creating users in my active directory, it is
asking to create exchange mailbox.
After creating the mail box i have modified the users
email address in active directory.
(e:g nilesh@domain_abc.com to nilesh@home.com

I have another domain in my lan as home.com

when i send mail from my mail idm mail should go as
nilesh@home.com

I am using third party pop connector .There i have
mentioned the domain name domain_abc.com.

After downloading mails through pop connector (Pulling
mails from my catch all account). i am not receiving any
mails in my mail box.

I can see nos of mails in exchange first storage mail box.

All the mails are going in domain_abc.com.

Can i create another domain call as home.com on same
server and domain_abc.com. so i can configure my domain
home .com in my pop connector.

How do i resolve this problem.

Pls help me.

Regards.

Nilesh

Nilesh, you are not talking to a "support team".  You are
on a public newsgroup.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/29/2004 4:44:39 PM
"Nilesh" <nilesh@wysetek.com> wrote:

>Dear support team.

Uhh . . . this is a peer-to-peer newsgroup. MS folks do answer
questions here, but I don't think I'd refer to all of us as a "support
team". :)

>I have installed windows 2003 server with exchange 2003
>server.
>I have configured active directoty with the name called
>as domain_abc.com

Hmmm . . . using a "_" in the domain name probably wasn't a good thing
to do if you intend to use it outside a Microsoft-only environment.

>When i am creating users in my active directory, it is
>asking to create exchange mailbox.

That's a "good thing".

>After creating the mail box i have modified the users
>email address in active directory.
>(e:g nilesh@domain_abc.com to nilesh@home.com

Why are you modifying the addresses? Make a recipient policy and have
the Recipient Update Service (RUS) assign the addresses.

You really should have a recipient policy with both addresses.
Otherwise you'll have problems with mail delivery for the domain(s)
that are NOT in a recpient policy.

>I have another domain in my lan as home.com

That's good, since you assigned a SMTP address in that domain. :)

>when i send mail from my mail idm mail should go as
>nilesh@home.com

Then that should be the primary SMTP proxy address assigned by the
RUS. You can make that address the primary address on the same
property page where you modified the user's e-mail addresses.

>I am using third party pop connector .There i have
>mentioned the domain name domain_abc.com.

That should not have any effect on outbound mail.

>After downloading mails through pop connector (Pulling
>mails from my catch all account). i am not receiving any
>mails in my mail box.

You're describing a different problem, now. right?

>I can see nos of mails in exchange first storage mail box.
>
>All the mails are going in domain_abc.com.

And this is a problem? Isn't that one of the domains assigned to your
mailboxes?

>Can i create another domain call as home.com on same
>server and domain_abc.com.

Yes. Create the Recipient Policy.

>so i can configure my domain
>home .com in my pop connector.