Exchange 2003 Per-User Recipient Limit question

I know the Global Recipient Limit is set to 5000 by default in Exchange
2003, but I was wondering if that limit is overriden by a Per-User Recipient
Limit setting, or if the Global Limit overrides everything.  For example, I
have a few users that need to be able to send to the entire global address
list (over 7000 people)....if I set the Per-User Recipient Limit to 8000 for
those users, but leave the Global Recipient Limit at 5000, will those select
few users be able to send to all 8000 users, or will the Global limit
prevent that?

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Greg,

   If I understand the question correctly, we do just what you are
attempting and yes it will work. The "Recipient limits" under Global settings
--> Message Delivery --> Properties --> Defaults tab is the global, or
"Default" setting for the entire environment.

Setting the User --> properties --> Exchange General --> Delivery options
--> Recipient Limits --> Maximum recipients field to a HIGHER number WILL
allow the user, who has this field set, to send to the number of recipients
that you set here.

Hope this helps. Good luck,

Frank

"Greg Johnson" wrote:

> I know the Global Recipient Limit is set to 5000 by default in Exchange
> 2003, but I was wondering if that limit is overriden by a Per-User Recipient
> Limit setting, or if the Global Limit overrides everything.  For example, I
> have a few users that need to be able to send to the entire global address
> list (over 7000 people)....if I set the Per-User Recipient Limit to 8000 for
> those users, but leave the Global Recipient Limit at 5000, will those select
> few users be able to send to all 8000 users, or will the Global limit
> prevent that?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

0
FrankHill (24)
9/2/2005 3:42:16 PM
Thanks Frank....that's exactly what I needed to know!  I really appreciate
the response.

Greg

"Frank Hill" <FrankHill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey Greg,
>
>    If I understand the question correctly, we do just what you are
> attempting and yes it will work. The "Recipient limits" under Global
settings
> --> Message Delivery --> Properties --> Defaults tab is the global, or
> "Default" setting for the entire environment.
>
> Setting the User --> properties --> Exchange General --> Delivery options
> --> Recipient Limits --> Maximum recipients field to a HIGHER number WILL
> allow the user, who has this field set, to send to the number of
recipients
> that you set here.
>
> Hope this helps. Good luck,
>
> Frank
>
> "Greg Johnson" wrote:
>
> > I know the Global Recipient Limit is set to 5000 by default in Exchange
> > 2003, but I was wondering if that limit is overriden by a Per-User
Recipient
> > Limit setting, or if the Global Limit overrides everything.  For
example, I
> > have a few users that need to be able to send to the entire global
address
> > list (over 7000 people)....if I set the Per-User Recipient Limit to 8000
for
> > those users, but leave the Global Recipient Limit at 5000, will those
select
> > few users be able to send to all 8000 users, or will the Global limit
> > prevent that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

How to recover if a user "Undoes" a record?
When the AfterUpdate event of my Status field is triggered, I update several other tables with dependent data. What happens if someone hits ESC twice to Undo the record? Is there some way I can know that this happened? Then I could roll back any updates. Btw, the Form_AfterUpdate event doesn't seem applicable since one of the things I do is set a DateCompleted field on the form itself. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. You could trap the keystrokes, but it might be a better idea to use the AfterUpdate event of the form itself to update the other tables. That event only ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Exchange update problem

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

Outlook 2003

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Exchange 2007 across account search

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

DNS Error on Exchange

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003