Exchange 2003 on SATA Raid

Hi all,
I am planning to upgrade to a new mail server and was wondering whether
anyone out there had experiences with running a busy mail server on SATA
Raid 5 setup, in terms of performance. Will it cut it or should I just go
back to the expensive SCSI setup?

Thanks
Michael

If you can afford the SCSI, go with SCSI. If you can't SATA is good enough
will do.

--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection
www.akomolafe.com
Yesterday?  -anon

"Michael" <michael.mcnab@badjar.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am planning to upgrade to a new mail server and was wondering whether
> anyone out there had experiences with running a busy mail server on SATA
> Raid 5 setup, in terms of performance. Will it cut it or should I just go
> back to the expensive SCSI setup?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

0
Deji

OWA 2003 Change Password Issues
I am working with: Windows 2003 Standard SP1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 I have recently installed the above products on a new server and the install went great. No errors, no issues. All is working well except for the change password function in OWA. I turned on the change password feature and it appeared as it should. The first thing I noticed is that when I selected the change password button, the domain would not be automatically populated like it should and I could not change my password. Everything I found on the Internet pointed me toward hot fix 833734. I contacted Micros...

How to return short cuts to tool tips in Excel 2003 sp3?
Hello! How to return short cuts to tool tips in Excel 2003 sp3? Regards, Dima Hi, That is not an option in 2003. If you are interested in a list of all Excel shortcut keys send me an email. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire shanedevenshire@sbcglobal.net "Dima" wrote: > Hello! > How to return short cuts to tool tips in Excel 2003 sp3? > Regards, > Dima > Thanks for your reply! Yes, I'm interested in a list of all Excel shortcut keys. My email is kopn at bk dot ru "Shane Devenshire" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Exchange upgrade effect on CRM
I want to upgrade my exchange server from 2003 to 2007, by putting 2007 on a new server. What do I need to plan to do on the CRM side of things? I am thinking I just need to uninstall the CRM router for Exchange on old Exchange Server, and then install the email router on the new Exchange 2007 box. Any other changes I should plan on making? ...

Exchange 2003 & Outlook 2003
Here is my system requirements: Microsoft Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Microsoft Outlook 2003 I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my desktop and on my Tablet PC. Typically, I use my desktop to retrieve emails and respond to emails that come from the Exchange 2003. However, I opened up my Tablet PC Outlook 2003 and the emails began to show up on my Outlook on my Tablet but at the same time on my Desktop the emails disappeared. So now all of my old emails are on my Tablet PC and are not on my desktop. How can I fix it so what I see on my tablet I see on my desktop? I would also like it ...

I cannot load the Analysis Toolpak in Excel 2003 like Microsoft H.
I need the Data Analysis command which is supposed to be in the tools pull-down menu. It wasn't there. I then tried to load the Analysis Toolpak multiple times with no success. Does anyone know how to get this done? Try Tools | Add-Ins | Analysis Toolpak This will put Data Analysis in the Tools Menu. tj "Frustrated student" wrote: > I need the Data Analysis command which is supposed to be in the tools > pull-down menu. It wasn't there. I then tried to load the Analysis Toolpak > multiple times with no success. Does anyone know how to get this done? If...

Exchange errors in event viewer
We had a failure of the array that exchange was using. It was recovered (incompletely?) and now we get and error in the event viewer: Event ID: 8331 Description: The service threw and unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\ira\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) It seems exchange is looking for something at this location which doesn't exist. I am considering just creating the location but need good info on whether the server will blow up or not since it is a live server Apply the latest Service Pack may resolve the issue or as a work around try restarting the Microsoft Ex...

Outlook - 2003
Have an odd problem - my mouse right-click functions in the mail item lists has suddenly stoipped working. This is the one that gives a drop down menu for individual mail items. Odd thing is that other right-mouse functionality (e.g. with side panel menu) still works. Any ideas how to restore? Mick ...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 #3
Hello All Technology Colleges, I would like to ask for your assistance, and opinions on this, before I do a shotgun upgrade to my test lab. After completed reading MS Press Windows Server 2003 Administrator's companion book. I fell ready for the upgrade from Winnt4.0 domain to Win2K3 AD. But, I still feel there's an issue with the MS Exchange 5.5 migration toMS Exchange 2k3. What would be the best way for me to upgrade the MS Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003? I did some endless search on MS site for migration tools, and 3rd. party white paper, and found nothing going from Exchg.5.5 to 2k...

Exchange 2007 sp2 full mailbox permission
Hello all My account is in the exchange org admins group, and my account is also in the domain admins group. I am able to grant other users full mailbox permission over another mailbox, however these users that were granted full mailbox permissions by me cant grant other users full mailbox permission, this sound like its by design? The users that I granted full mailbox permission can grant send as permission on the mailbox. The users that are able to grant the send as permission also have full rights on the OU where the AD account lives. It sounds like send-as is ad AD perm...

A Problem with Office 2003
There is a conflict between Word and Outlook that really "bugs" me. If Outlook is running Word will not run correctly. I hate having to shut down Outlook in order to use Word. For what it is worth, I can make the window smaller [minimize] but when Word is as big as it can get, there is space between the top edge of the window and the top of the display and the bottom of the window is out of sight at the bottom of the display. If you click & hold on the blue band on the top of the window, you cannot drag it up, down, or sideways; it is as if it is frozen. The only way to be...

Trend wfbs 6.0 exchange settings issue
Hi After installing Trend wfbs 6.0 service pack 1, in console when I try Security Settings->[Exchange Server Name]->Configure I get the below error. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server. Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page. Click the Refresh button to try again wit...

Outlook 2003 crash on startup in WinXP #2
My outlook has suddenly started crashing due on startup. It was working fine till a couple of days back. I haven't installed anything related to outlook except the normal update from Microsoft. I am using Outlook 2003 on XP. I tried the various solutions I could google in for but of no help. Here is the list of things(found in some post) I have already tried without any luck - Reinstall Outlook - Create a New Profile - Tried running outlook in Safe Mode (the safe mode is also crashing the same way as normal startup) - Remove outcmd.dat - Ran pstscan.exe on all my pst files. The Outlook...

setup outlook 2003 to work offline
I just installed office 2003 and when I started outlook the set up for my exchange server setup failed. now when I start outlook the program refuses to start when I press cancel at the start up screen. How do I set outlokk up to work offline and any ideas on how I can work out the problems with setting up the exchange server. Thanks in Advance Senior geek On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:59:25 -1000, glyke1 <glyke1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed office 2003 and when I started outlook the set up for my > exchange server setup failed. now when I start outlook th...

Non-Automatic Link Updating in Excel 2003
I wrote a large system of about 30 Excel workbooks that are all linked together in various ways. I've been using this sytem for several years under Excel 2000. I just got Excel 3000 (XP), and to my disbelief, every time I open a workbook, I have to digress and answer questions about the link updating. If I go into Edit->Links I see the usual (with some new features) links window. I checked the box that says to do the updating automatically. I selected the option that says to always update the links and DO NOT present me with a popup message asking me if I want to. These two ite...

Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Postfix
Hi, I`m trying to do a migration from Exchange 5.5 on WinNT4.0SP6a to FreeBSD 4.8 with Postfix MTA installed. Can you give me some advice how to convert Exchange mailboxes to maildir or mbox format, so then I can safely put them on new serwer? Is there a way different then downloading all of the mails by users, and starting with clear mailboxes on new system? Thanks in advance -- Toread: mailto:toread(at)rpg.pl::gg#:23475::Toread@IRCNet "If you find a town which looks deserted, it's probably for a reason. Take the hint and stay away." Check these out: http://easypages.kan...

Messed up exchange 2003 design
Hello all I have inherited a screwed up exchagne environment and migration design. Here is what is going on There is curently a ADC in place between the 5.5 server and the 2003 exchagne server, this part sems to be working ok, trust are in place and 5.5 attributes are replicating over to AD. Now there is alos another 2000 forest on the network that has a two trust to the forest that is ruunning exchagne 2003, this is the same 2003 domain and forest that has the ADC seetup between the 5.5 and 2003 server. On the separate windows 2000 forest we have users in this forest that have there...

exchange crash #3
Hi I have got Exchange 2003 which worked till today. The effect of crash is strange because I can create account in Active Directory, I can logon to that account via OWA. But no mails can be sent as well as retrieved via e-mail client. I'm not sure if it' not effect of a trojan because it occured so suddenly. I've got NOD32 installed on this server and after collapse NOD32 was stopped. After restart it is up now. There are several interesting entries in Even Viewer: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1412). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040952. MS DTC could not correctly proc...

How to import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?
Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003? Also can they be imported to BCM? TIA, Chad Harris I meant to add that i have a .NET passport for gmail, and i use it on MSN messenger. i now have that gmail account syncronised with outlook 2003 and i heard that i could use my MSN messenger contacts list with outlook 2003 and my list would do interesting things like tell me who's online and stuff like that. anyone know how to do that? Tia, Chad Harris _______________________________________________ "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

push mail with Exchange sp2
hi, is there a procedure that explain how to implement this functionality ? I found nothing on technet or other sites explaining step by step this (mobiles devices configuration ans supported, management on the server, etc) Anyone any idea ? dezaer <fox.box@laposte.net> wrote: >is there a procedure that explain how to implement this functionality ? >I found nothing on technet or other sites explaining step by step this >(mobiles devices configuration ans supported, management on the server, etc) >Anyone any idea ? Until you're running Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Mes...

Exchange 2003 #55
Hello, When I try to access via Exchange System mananger and right click on the server then the Directory Access Tab I get the following error: Acces denied. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft Exchange Management. I have only one Exchange 2003 Server with SP2 installed. I googled to find answers and I reapplied SP2 but the error persists. I'm executing the Exchange System Manager locally in the server with an administrator account. PS: I reinstalled SP2 and no change ? Any ideas? Thanks. Louhichi On Feb 19, 1:45 pm, "alouhi...@gmail.com" <alouhi...@gmail.c...

How to delete mailboxes on Exchange 2000 fairly urgent
We have Active Directory 2003 and exchange 2000. Deleted the AD Account and associated mailbox. However in Exchange system manager you still see the mailbox with a red X beside it. Checked in help and it said something about purging the mailbox. Do I need to do this or do I wait for the overnight cleanup jobs to remove the mailboxes thanks. -- Kath That depends on what you configured on the "limits" tab of the properties sheet on your database. -- Regards, Roland "Kaddie" wrote: > We have Active Directory 2003 and exchange 2000. Deleted the AD Accou...

How can I auto display email address in outlook 2003.
Dear all, I have installed outlook 2002 in my computer (Windwos XP professional). Would you please help me how can I auto display email address in outlook 2002. I know that the email address can be auto display in outlook 2002 when type more than 3 character. However, it cannot auto display email address when I type more than 3 characters. Tks & B.rgds Ping Ping The automatic display of names will not occur until you have entered enough names for Outlook to build its cache. It does not use the address book for this option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Outlook 2003 and Active Sync 3.7.1
Are there any known issues upgrading from Outlook 2002 to 2003 if you have a pocket PC and active sync 3.7.1? I have had a lot of trouble with the active sync product but it has now worked faithfully for a week, which is a new record. I don't want it to break with a new version of Outlook. active sync 3.7.1 is working fine for me under outlook 2003. however i've never done an upgrade of office. i always do a complete uninstall of the previous version, reboot, and then install the new version or just go with a clean install of operating system + office. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] ...

How to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account
Hi Folks, I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to a hotmail or network solutions account. Please advise as to how to do this. Thanks, Dougf On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Folks, > >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to >a hotmail or network solutions account. > >Please advise as to how to do this. >Thanks, Dougf If you want to have mail delivered to both places: Create a mail enabled AD contact. Go to the delivery options button on ...

Outlook 2003 POP3 retr then dele
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible for Outlook 2003 to be set up to collect POP3 messages in the manner RETR-DELE-RETR-DELE-RETR-DELE..., and not RETR-RETR-RETR-DELE-DELE-DELE as it does now. This causes problem when there are many messages to be downloaded and the session gets interupted in the middle. This results in Outlook re-downloading the messages it retreived in the first session, but were not deleted at the end of the session. Thank you for any help. Best regards, Goran Acevski. Goran Acevski <--goran.acevski--@--seavus.com> wrote: > I would like to know if it...