Exchange 2003 mount public db

Hi,
I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server.
On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore
emails.
I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop
exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and
mount the official db.
It's too dangerous!
Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain,
organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange.
Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server
(DBOLD).
I receive an error like this:

The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name
(DN) of message database
/O=old_org_name/OU=old_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= does not match the DN of
directory
/O=new_org_name/OU=new_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.

Any helps?
Thank's

0
Andrea

Seems you are using different Exchange Org?

it is not supported restore database to different server and different org
in Exchange 2003. You cant use RSG too.

Cheers

"Andrea Racca" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server.
> On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore
> emails.
> I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop
> exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and
> mount the official db.
> It's too dangerous!
> Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain,
> organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange.
> Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server
> (DBOLD).
> I receive an error like this:
>
> The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name
> (DN) of message database
> /O=old_org_name/OU=old_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= does not match the DN of
> directory
> /O=new_org_name/OU=new_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.
>
> Any helps?
> Thank's

0
Poo (2)
4/4/2007 1:40:01 PM
I create the same!!

"Poo" <Poo@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Seems you are using different Exchange Org?
>
> it is not supported restore database to different server and different org
> in Exchange 2003. You cant use RSG too.
>
> Cheers
>
> "Andrea Racca" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server.
>> On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore
>> emails.
>> I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop
>> exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db
>> and
>> mount the official db.
>> It's too dangerous!
>> Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain,
>> organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange.
>> Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server
>> (DBOLD).
>> I receive an error like this:
>>
>> The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name
>> (DN) of message database
>> /O=old_org_name/OU=old_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= does not match the DN
>> of
>> directory
>> /O=new_org_name/OU=new_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.
>>
>> Any helps?
>> Thank's

0
Andrea
4/4/2007 1:46:03 PM
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:08:33 +0200, "Andrea Racca"
<raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server.
>On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore
>emails.
>I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop
>exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and
>mount the official db.
>It's too dangerous!
>Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain,
>organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange.
>Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server
>(DBOLD).
>I receive an error like this:
>
>The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name
>(DN) of message database
>/O=old_org_name/OU=old_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= does not match the DN of
>directory
>/O=new_org_name/OU=new_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.
>
>Any helps?
>Thank's

Yeah, SBS and Exchange are not going to like that.
Make a fresh install onto new hardware or, better, use VMware or
Virtual Server to do this in an environment and then restore the whole
shooting match into virtual.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/4/2007 1:54:52 PM
Hi,

This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273863/en-us

Leif

"Andrea Racca" <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server.
> On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore
> emails.
> I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop
> exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db
> and mount the official db.
> It's too dangerous!
> Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain,
> organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange.
> Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server
> (DBOLD).
> I receive an error like this:
>
> The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name
> (DN) of message database
> /O=old_org_name/OU=old_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= does not match the DN
> of directory
> /O=new_org_name/OU=new_site_name/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.
>
> Any helps?
> Thank's

Finding last access date for Public Folders & DL
Hi, I need to do a cleanup of unused Public Folders and Distribution Lists in Exchange 5.5. Is there any tool / method for finding out the last accessed date of Public Folders and Distribution lists? Thanks. ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Outlook hanging -> Public Folders
Hey guys I've got an issue with a single user on XP & outlook 2000. We have a single public folder that everyone has access to and this particular user when clicking on the folder, outlook just hangs. I have deleted the profile and re-created, re-installed outlook and upgraded to outlook 2003 but with all the same issue. It was fine until last week (I haven't made any changes either) Has anyone else experienced this? I would check the permissions on the public folder, using either ESM or PFDAVadmin. Perhaps refresh them, or you may be able to identify the problem. Nikki Pete...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Outlook 2003 not receiving mail
I have a Laptop with Outlook 2003 setup with offline files. This computer will sit few only a few minutes and then will no longer send and receive. It forces you to hit the send receive button to get your mail. I have it set to automatically send receive every 4 mins, but this is not happening. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Outgoing pictures from Outlook 2003.
I have problems with sending emails with pictures included in the mail. I can see everyting perfectly fine in my Outlook but since my friends says to me that I newer included any pictures within the mail I found out about the problem. I tested to send emails to myself and open it in Windows Mail and it was like my friends say. No pictures was sent. I tried gif files, jpg. Please help! :-) -- Y Make sure you are not composing your message in Rich Text Format. You can change your default to HTML via; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

upload to money 2003
I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? File|Restore??? "Gerry Youngman" <gyoungman@comcast.net> wrote in message news:089601c38163$8c46a010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't > seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? ...

CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes
CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes. This tool is suppose to go though files to see if there is credit card information in mailboxes. Has anyone had to run a tool like this? ...

Excel 2003 #21
When doing “Local Save As”, under Tools on the Save As dialog, there should be “Save Options” but this is not on menu?? Has this been disabled in office 2003?? There is no Local Save As for Excel--any version. You are likely using some kind of Document Management Software. If you upgraded Excel, you may have to upgrad the other program as well. tj "Ritu" wrote: > When doing “Local Save As”, under Tools on the Save As dialog, there should > be “Save Options” but this is not on menu?? Has this been disabled in office > 2003?? Ritu File>Save As>Tools>Genera...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

Exchange 5.5 Store.exe Event ID 4097
The following Dr Watson error has occurred 3 times over the last 3 weeks - I cannot determine any pattern or trend: The application, store.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 04/30/2004 @ 13:26:29.025 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 0042466B (<nosymbols>) ========================================================== Any assistance will be appreciated. I have the "Recovey Tab" set to restart on all failures, and it has been restarting OK... ======================================================== Here is the entire entry from the drWts...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Pasting from Web Pages into Word 2003 is broken
I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all run the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be experiencing thi issue. We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste Special" then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting. Paste is working fine into...

Public Folder Nightmare-Exchange 2003 (Long)
I sure hope some one can help with this.. Part one of my issue I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our Ex2k native eniviroment. The Public folder hierarchy would not replicate properly until I sent the hierarchy manually through the ESM. Then, I tried to replicate a folder from the old Ex2k server. The folder showed up immediately on the 2k3 server in 'Public Folder Instances' but with 0 items and 0kb. No data would ever replicate; although new items being posted would go there fine. I built a test lab to try and replicate this behavior. I found that replication work...

French CAL on English Exchange?
Does any one know if it is possible to install French or Spanish CAL's on an English exchange server? Thank you ...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...

Outlook 2003
Recently had mail store corruption and had to restore from a two day old backup. The few users who were using Outlook 2003 (in Cached Mode) didn't even realize that a restore had been done. They still showed all of the emails from the past two days in their inbox even though they were actually not in the Exchange Private Store. We discovered that if the Outlook 2003 users open each of the emails and resave them they would reappear in the store. Does anyone know a way to get all of the emails in Outlook 2003 Cached Mode to resave themselves to the exchange store? ...

Moving Mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to 2003
Which is better to use, if any, to move mailboxes; admin tools (ADUC) for windows 2000 or the ADUC for windows 2003 when moving mailboxes from exchange 2000 to 2003? Just curious if they is any differance. I've noticed there are more events logged while moving under the 2003 version in my test enviorment which I like. Thanks John When i've done migrations i've always used the 2k3 version. Figured since that's where i was going i might as well use it. Functionally i don't think there is much difference other than perhaps the logging you pointed out. "John&quo...

my pictures print funny now I have upgraded to publisher 2003
Now I have upgraded to Office 2003 all of my images seem to have a ackground on them where as before they looked like piece of the paper. It happens in Word and now Publisher, I have tried to change the order Ie sending them backwards but still they print incorrectly. They look ok on screen Could be your printer driver... If the images have a transparent or white background they should print that way. Go to the manufacturer's web site, look around for a newer driver, read their support documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://m...

Updateing Access DB
Can someone point me in the right direction to write the VBA to "Append" and data table in Access.. I have the code to connect...and I have the SQL Statement...just not sure how to write the code to "Append" the data Thank you Hi See http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "dstiefe" <dstiefe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1F3D53-9EF6-4B7B-ADA4-B2701A815FFC@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me in the right direction to write the...

Exchange 2000 Migration
We're looking to migrate the mailboxes and public folder data from an Exchange 2000 Server to a new installation of Exchange 2003. The current Exchange server has been running for several years, and we'd like to start fresh. Would performing an upgrade to the 2000 server then adding another 2003 server be the best course, or is there a better way to move the mailboxes over? I haven't seen much info on anything but a straight upgrade from 2000 to 2003... Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael "Michael LaFayette" <lafayette@c...