Exchange 2003 migration #4

Hi,

Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem. (I
am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)).  I am running MS Exchange
2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different server (windows
2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new Exchange 2003 for it)
and then get rid of the source server at all. What is the best approach to
perform this migration?

Thank you very much in advance,

Greg

The move mailbox wizard will allow you to move mailboxes between servers.

The best approach is to bring the new box up in the same Exchange org and
admin group. Once the new box is up and running you will need to setup
public folder replication and start to rehome your PF and other system
folders. You will need to modify the Routing Group master. You will need to
change the OAB server.

Start reading:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.mspx

"Greg" <grzegorz.brandt@op.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem. (I
> am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)).  I am running MS Exchange
> 2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different server (windows
> 2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new Exchange 2003 for it)
> and then get rid of the source server at all. What is the best approach to
> perform this migration?
>

> Thank you very much in advance,
>

> Greg

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/17/2006 2:59:06 PM
Thanks for the help, I will try this

Greg

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The move mailbox wizard will allow you to move mailboxes between servers.
>
> The best approach is to bring the new box up in the same Exchange org and
> admin group. Once the new box is up and running you will need to setup
> public folder replication and start to rehome your PF and other system
> folders. You will need to modify the Routing Group master. You will need
> to change the OAB server.
>
> Start reading:

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/default.mspx
>

> "Greg" <grzegorz.brandt@op.pl> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>

>> Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem.
>> (I am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)).  I am running MS
>> Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different
>> server (windows 2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new
>> Exchange 2003 for it) and then get rid of the source server at all. What
>> is the best approach to perform this migration?
>>

>> Thank you very much in advance,
>>

>> Greg

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

Advanced Filter #4
I used advanced filter to combine duplicate rows into a unique row. However, the duplicate rows are still there. If you go to the Data menu and click Show All, the duplicate rows are displayed again. My question is, after filtering out the duplicate rows, how do I get rid of them, not just hide them? Greg, Use "copy to" instead of "filter in place." The copied-to is your unique list. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Greg" <gwikle@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:OpvFHg...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

RPC over HTTPS with FE and BE exchange configuration
I have configure both Exchange server to use RPC and have install an SSL cert. The cert is a self sign and I have gone through to add it to a trusted publisher. When I configure my Outlook, I notice that the connection are using TCP\IP instead of using HTTPS. I am not sure why it is doing this but I do get connect to the server. The problem that I see is that we I am outside the firewall, I am not able to connect to. What I do see when I try to connect is sometimes it is trying to connect to the BE exchange server and sometime trying to connect to our AD server. Can anyone help with try...

Add a Second Exchange Server
If I want to install a second exchange 2000 server (or 2003) can I just install it normally and then in the event that we lose our primary server (server A) can I take the most recent clean shutdown edb and stm files and mount them to the second server and then have the clients re-point their profiles to server B? Thanks! Hello, Actually the Active Directory will still have them pointing to the old server. You would have to run exchange tasks and remove exchange attributes and then reconnect them through Exchange System Manager to the mailboxes on the new server. They then would...

Exchange System Manager slow to open
It takes my system manger about 3-5 minutes to open. anyone have any idea why this is so. i have my AD dns entries in my TCP\IP properties. I was able to open this program normally before i did a system reload. now it is super slow. ???? help chris holcombc@mail.ecu.edu ...

How many actual users in Exchange 2003?
How can I find out how many users I have on Exchange 2003? In 5.5 I could go to the recipients folder in the Exchange Admin program and it would tell me how many. I know that Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory but I still can not find an exact way to tell me how many mailboxes I have. We want to make sure we are not exceeding our license and will buy more if needed. In Exchange System Manager browse down to your Mailbox Store (under your Server object and Storage Group) and go to Mailboxes and see on your right hand side. If you have more than one mailbox store, check each one. --...

Subform
I'm trying to add a subform to a form that I had already created. The subform is based off the field for the Patient Visit Date. Each patient may have multiple visit dates, so I added the subform to be able to capture multiple values for the same patient, but whenever I try to enter more than one date I get an error message that says "You can't assign a value to this object. * The object may be a control on a read-only form * The object may be on a form that is open in design view * The value may be too large for this field." I was hoping that when I enter...

Closing Outlook #4
Whenever I shut down my computer, I get a Window that says the system is closing Outlook.exe. But it never closes and I have to do a "hard" power down. Any ideas on what this could be and how to solve it? I tried a program called Knockout, but that didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. David Are you running any software that integrates with Outlook? WinFAX, virusscanners and synchronisation software are known to keep Outlook running; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

Frontpage 2003 network link
Question: for the life of me I can't remember how to create a network link to my website so I can open it directly in Frontpage. Meaning... If I want to edit my webpage in frontpage 2003 directly instead of using my local copy of the website. How do I create a link on my computer and put it on my desktop? I, know this is probably an easy thing for you "brainies" but I can't remember how to do it. Please assist. There are two ways: Open FrontPage and use File->Recent Sites This option will keep the last four websites opened. Opening the website in FrontPage ...

exchange 2007 reconnect
Hello UserA wanted UsersB mailbox. diabled both exchange mailbox and then reconnect userB to userA. UsersA is prompted for userB AD login info. the only way around this was to give userA sendas and full rights to the userB mailfile. Is there another way to fix it. ? what will happen when the AD account for userB is deleted for AD? ...

Exchange 2000 and VPN
I'm running Windows 2000 Server SP4 and Exchange 2000. I recently installed the latest Exchange SP (I think it was SP3). Since that update, my users are unable to connect to the Exchange Server via a VPN connection. When configuring Outlook 2000/2003 for an Exchange Server, the client indicates that it is unable to connect to the Exchange Server even though all setting within Outlook are correct (they never changed). Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know of a setting within the Exchange Server that may need to be changed? Thanks in advance. ...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Exchange RPC over HTTP without a seperate Outlook profile?
I have a 35 user network, with an Exchange machine that is also a DC & Global Catalog. I have another DC/File Server. I have two users with laptops who work from home regularly, and I am looking at RPC over HTTP for them. My question is this: Given the situation, would it make sense to just set those two up with RPC over HTTP as the only way they talk to Exchange, even when connected to the local network? Is there a good reason to add the complexity of multiple profiles in this case? I would like to keep things as simple as possible for these users, while not creating other problems...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

Exchange 5.5 Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 306308
Hi, I am having a problem with Exchange Internet mail service, I recive all errors that the knowlege base article lists, however I am new to exchange and I am unsure as to how to check that the account has permission to logon to the information store. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance. If you go into your services applet in NT 4 go to Information Store servie and then Startup button and look at the bottom at Log On As and see what account you are using. For Win2k, go to the properties of the Information Store and the Log On tab. Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Micr...

AP Aging report shows zero after Data migration
We have migrated the the payables data from GP ver 8.00 to GP 10.0. We are able to successfully carry out the migration. However, when the aging report is run, the vendor activity in the report all shows zero. Can anybody help identify the fissure? -- My future starts when I wake up every morning... Every day I find something creative to do with my life. ...

Functionality lost by using exchange
Our institution recently changed from provider based internet mail (pop3) to letting external mail arrive directly to our exchange 2003 server. The following problem shows up: in the old scenario, groups had 2 mailboxes: one for the group (G) and a private mailbox for the manager (M), each with their own e-mail address. I emulated this by creating a mbx-enabled user G, that is only used for the mailbox, not for login. I gave all group members including M access to that mailbox. But what happens? 1. If a group member sends a mail, the return address is the address of the sender; it should b...

CRM 3.0 Contact sync to outlook after migration
Hi, I have migrated a crm 3.0 sbs environment to a 4 server deployment. The customer have the requirement to sync all the account / contacts to the offline database. This is easily configured and works 100%. Now I can't seem to get the local CRM contact synced to the local outlook contacts :-( this doesn't happen and I have rechecked everything? Any suggestions? -- Warren O ...

Outlook 2003 get rid of double space in Comments?
I cut and paste information from emails into Outlook Calendar comments. But sometimes it ends up double spaced on some lines (i.e. blank lines between lines). How can you get rid of this, there doesn't seem to be anyway from the FONTS screen. ...