Exchange 2003 Message size limits not working

Hi,

we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server
for SMTP transfer.
I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB /
20480 KB.
I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679.

In detail :

Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB

SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB

SMTP virtual server setting :
SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB
mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB

User mailbox setting : unlimited

I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error:
<xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host>

I move the same user mailbox to one of the SMTP bridgehead server an resend
the 17 MB pdf file with no problems to the internet.

Any ideas ?

Thank you
0
IngoHuber (38)

"Ingo Huber" <IngoHuber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server
>for SMTP transfer.
>I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB /
>20480 KB.
>I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679.
>
>In detail :
>
>Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB
>
>SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB
>
>SMTP virtual server setting :
>SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB
>mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB
>
>User mailbox setting : unlimited
>
>I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error:
><xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host>
>
>I move the same user mailbox to one of the SMTP bridgehead server an resend
>the 17 MB pdf file with no problems to the internet.
>
>Any ideas ?

The 17MB file is going to get from anywhere between 30% and 50% larger
when it's encoded for transmission. That would make it larger than the
20MB limit you have on the SMTP Virtual Server.

When you send the message from the gateway server it's only being sent
from that machine, not received from some other machine.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...

Registration doesn't work
Just installed Office 2004. After filling out much information, it asks for the Product I.D. number. With the "About box" in Excel 2004 open, I very carefully copied the Product I.D number to the form (and had a second person verify). I keep getting the error message "invalid Product I.D." I've cleared the box and re-entered (again having a second party verify) with the same results. This is a legitimate copy that I purchased via mail order. In article <be362d5d.0405190410.1a215db@posting.google.com>, crabuback@aol.com (Craig Buback) wrote: > Just insta...

Leaving messages on server
Where do I select the option to leave messages on server so I can view them on another computer? In the advanced properties of your POP mail account settings. Without knowing your version of Outlook, hard to tell you more. Troy wrote: > Where do I select the option to leave messages on server > so I can view them on another computer? ...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Work Order Vs Backorder
I am trying to establish an easy way for my cashiers to take special orders for items not in database. I have found helpful posts that suggest using WO's. However (if I am understanding correctly) a workorder cannot be used in combination with items currently in stock. Ex: customer buys a dog collar off the floor and wants to buy a lead that we have never carried. Can both items be placed on same transaction? I really do not want to make the customer make two separate purchases. It seems using a generic SKU on a backorder would allow me to do this. Are there any pitfalls here...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Protecting a sheet (yet allowing buttons/macros to work)?
I'm new to the button/macro feature of Excel (even though I've been assigning macros to _toolbars_ for years <g>!) So, I don't even know if what I need to do can be done: Ideally, it would be nice if I could protect all the sheets or even better the workbook in one fell swoop, so that no-one could accidentally delete the buttons YET that would still allow the macros to work. I've tried everything I know and the best I seem to be able to do, yes, protects the buttons but I the macros stop working and display a ""Run-time error '1004'". T...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Grouping will not work
I have data in columns A through FG and in rows 1 to 105. I have the months as the column headings, and each Jan-November is grouped to collapse into December using the Group feature on the Data menu. When I go to collapse the view to only display the December columns, after I collapse about 3 of the groupings, excel errors out and tells me it cannot collapse any additional groups because it will have to shift objects off-sheet. How can it be that I ave over 90 unused columns and I am actually making the viewing area less yet still getting tis error. I have tried closing and re-open...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

M2003 Deluxe not responding when I try to do tax work
When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or look at tax reports, M2003 Deluxe freezes. What is the fix? It may well just be that you have to wait longer. Have you tried that approach? My 2.2 GHz P4 takes the better part of a (not responding, 100% CPU, hourglass, et al.) minute to get into Tax Estimator on M04. (And then the text rendering is trashed besides.) M03 was no faster. "dutchman001" <dutchman001@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uKHHC9I0DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Deleting Multiple Public Folders
Hi Folks; I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a newsfeed. That made about 65,000 public folders and I later decided to remove the newsfeed. I can delete the folders one by one but I can't seem to delete them all en masse. Does anyone know how to efficiently delete these public folders? Unsubscribing from the newsfeed first, of course. Can you delete multiples using Outlook? "Marvin Miller" <sales@real.com> wrote in message news:e49WxLcYGHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks; > > I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a news...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

how do you change the font size of a drop-down list?
When I use the Validation feature under Data Menu and I create a drop-down list, the font size of the contents of the drop-down list is too small to read. How do I change this? You can't change the font or font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. To make the font appear larger, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Or, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In ...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem