Exchange 2003 Mailbox rights

Hi,

I just migrated all of my exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2003 and still
running in mixed mode.  I have exchange admin rights, but when I try to add a
mailbox to my outlook I receive a permissions denied error.  I checked the AD
and my account has a greyed out deny checkbox next to full mailbox rights.  I
cannot take ownership, uncheck the deny option, or stop the object from
accepting rights from the parent object.

How do I uncheck that deny box?  Where do the security rights propogate from?

-Frank
0
Frank9521 (202)

Frank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just migrated all of my exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2003 and still
> running in mixed mode.  I have exchange admin rights, but when I try to add a
> mailbox to my outlook I receive a permissions denied error.  I checked the AD
> and my account has a greyed out deny checkbox next to full mailbox rights.  I
> cannot take ownership, uncheck the deny option, or stop the object from
> accepting rights from the parent object.
>
> How do I uncheck that deny box?  Where do the security rights propogate from?

Hi Frank...

Exchange 2003 mailbox rights are now in Active Directory Users and
Computers.  You must use the AD tool on a computer that has been
extended with the Exchange attributes (i.e. the computer you installed
Exchange 2003 server on) or install the client utils on your workstation
from the Exchange 2003 CD.

Also, make sure to turn on Advanced Features under the "view" menu of
the AD utility.  The settings you're looking for is the "Exchange
Advanced" tab of the user properties.

If you want full mailbox access, you need at minimum "read permissions"
and "full mailbox access" in that mailbox rights area.

--JM
0
vermyndax (8)

Strange Outlook 2003 issue
I have a client running Exchange Server and Outlook 2003. The issue she has (and it only seems to be the one user), is this: When sending some emails, whether to a group or an individual user; internal or external; the email goes into both Sent and deleted items at the same time with a header that says 'This email has not been sent'. When we check with the recipient they have received the email. There does not seem to be any consistency with this, we have tried sending to the same sender and all ok, we have tried sending with and without attachments...nothing seems to make any d...

Publisher 2003: how can I make a text box into a differnt shape.
I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the shape. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nathan" <nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9636039D-0D50-4316-9C9D-1E1D7FAD444A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Mary Sauer wrote: > Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the > shape. >> I am ...

Many twice tab on Exchange Administrator Console in 5.5
Hi everyone In my organization I have a small little problem. In Internet Mail Service Propertites in Microsoft Exchange Administrator 5.5 Console I have not 11 tabs but 24 tabs. Some of them occur twice or thrice. In this twice or thrice tab all information on this tab is this same. Sometime ago I modify Extention-Data Object Attributes in Raw mode. I modify this attribut at one on my 4 IMS Connectors. My modify consist on copy and paste this same information from this object attributes. Now on all my 4 IMS Connections I have to many tabs. Can anybody help me ? I'm sorry for my Englis...

MS Word 2003 Saving
I have MS Word 2003 and am having troubling saving documents. The options of Save and Save As are visible, but when I click them nothing happens. Please advise. ...

Exchange 2003 DR: parallel universe really necessary for full sys
We are in the process of adding to our DR plan for exchange 2003 Enterprise. -our exchange 2003 enterprise resides on its own server. -our DCs (2) reside on their own servers (that is the exchage server is NOT a DC). -exchange runs on windows 2003 enterprise SP1. -os and apps reside on their own hard disk -logs reside on its own disk -databases reside on it's own disk From my readings I understood that previous version of Exchange required a "parallel universe" to exist in order to rebuild exchange after some disaster--not so with Exchange 2003 (or did i misunderstand?). By...

Exchange 2003 default message size won't go beyound 10 megs
We are not able to send or receive attachments larger than 10 megs even when the AD settings are cranked up to 50 megs. When the default message size for inbound and outbound are changed to anything abouve 10 megs, the server will still behave as if it is only allowing 10 megs. We get the NDR 5.2.3 kickback email from the Exchange server each time we make a settings change and send out a test email. We have Exchange storage limits in place, but they should not affect the message size. Thanks! -- ITJTR ...

Group rights to mailbox on Exchange 2003?
Found this thread when trying to fix assignment of a group onto a mailbox on exchange 2003. Only the user can be successfully assigned as the group seems passive on mailbox rights. I have many users that maintain a single mailbox used for scheduling meeting room via calendar request. To date I have only been successful with individual users although I can add a group this has no effect for rights. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Tom. "Mark N." wrote: > > Mark > > > > It's explained in the following KB article. > > > > http://support.m...

Can't get imported address book to work right
I have an outlook address book I saved. It comes up in Outlook Express, but it doesn't integrate itself. (Where it comes up as a window in the lower left corner like it should.) How can I fix it ? Thanks. You might want to post more accurate information. Outlook does not even have an address book. What do you mean? I suspect you aren't even asking about Outlook, are you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "HandyMan" <luke77561@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1181348733.851379.220610@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have an outlook address book I saved. It come...

Exchange using SMTP Auth as a client
We need to configure our Exchange Server to get mail from another server as a client using SMTP Auth. I'm a long way from knowing much about Exchange, but if anyone could steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. dlzink@facetcomputers.com Exchange isn't a mail client and can't be configured to "get" e-mail from other servers. Can you please explain in greater detail exactly what you are trying to do? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "DavidZ121&...

Message Body not Visible in Outlook 2003
I have a client that is having an issue with Outlook 2003 where the message bodies are not visible. It appears that most of the messages I have looked at with the problem are HTML, but I'm not sure about that. They do get some messages that are HTML that don't have this problem. The preview pane yields the same blank page. OWA displays the message fine. When the users opts to forward the message the body is displayed in the forwarded message. Anyone have any ideas about this problem? Thanks in advance, Lesa By the way, on the problem users in the network the workstations ar...

Outlook 2003 SP1 wipes out clipboard when it starts
Anyone know why clipboard gets cleared when Outlook starts? I can copy something to clipboard, start Outlook and it is gone when I try and paste it into a new email. I get a funky looking icon instead. I know clipboard is empty after Outlook starts because I try and paste copied text into a text editor and there is nothing to paste. If I do the same copy and paste after Outlook is up and running, it works fine. How do I fix this annoyance? ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleeche...

How to remove or automatically add /exchange in OWA
I've got a client who wants to just be able to type in email in the browser for OWA rather than http://email/exchange. Does anyone know how I can set this up to automatically add /exchange when they hit the server? Thanks, Mark PS. They are running E2K3 clustered with no Front-end servers. =?Utf-8?B?bW9pbmR5Y3Vicw==?= <moindycubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:CF25244C-DDE0-4246-9DF0-68E0E0DF2EE4@microsoft.com: > I've got a client who wants to just be able to type in email in the > browser for OWA rather than http://email/exchange. Does anyone know > h...

Microsoft Exchange views
Greetings, Does anyone know what the "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views" option is in the personal folders properties? Thanks, Shane. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 Office Outlook SP2 In theory, it should make the custom view available in OWA. "Shane Goodman" <goodmanNoSpam@live.ca> wrote in message news:1B203C56-03B7-4306-9741-8A8D641AF9F7@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > > Does anyone know what the "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange > views" option is in the personal folders properties? > > Thanks, > Shan...

Uninstalling and downgrading from 2007 to 2003
Ok, here we go. My beta just expired and I would like to downgrade back to my old office 2003. What do I need to backup? and How do I do it? I need EVERYTHING from outlook. Mails, Folders, Tasks, Notes and Calendar items. Import/Export seems to be disabled. Please help me. Thanks, emp emp <mklinge@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, here we go. > My beta just expired and I would like to downgrade back to my old > office 2003. > What do I need to backup? and How do I do it? > > I need EVERYTHING from outlook. Mails, Folders, Tasks, Notes and > Calendar items. Since Outlo...

Exchange 2000 modifies NDR's from outside
Hello, whenever a NDR generated by remote servers comes to our exchange server, exchange modifies the NDR, including attached message. As a result, we can't safely detect where the problem started and what server generated the NDR. Is there any possibility to set up exchange not to modify the NDR, and to show it exactly as it came in? (except Received: headers, which of course should be added). Thank you. -- Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address. Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT a...

Exchange over Internet Mailbox simultaneous using
I have implemented Exchange over the Internet. At one location I have a mailbox where 4 PC's use the mailbox at the same time. They will be viewing the same mailbox and sending/receiving as well. I have noticed at the office a problem with connection. There is a constant popup exclamation saying "Requesting Data from Microsoft Exchange". Have read this usually means poor Network Throughput if it pops up constantly like it is at my office. Would having 4 users having the same mailbox open at the same time be an issue to look at further? Or should Exchange handle these reques...

Excel 2003 Macro ignores Arrow Keystrokes
Can't get ANY macro to work! *ignores relative references *ignores arrow keystrokes *ignores use of F2 *only offers VB for editing Macro security is low, there is no protection. Madness is near, help, please! ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 #3
I already ran forestprep and domainprep, everything went well thanks to everybody that responded to my posts. the next step will be to install the Active Directory Connector, I have the new server that will be my exchange 2003 and will co-exist with 5.5. What should I look for when installing ADC and where should I do this step?? any articles and/or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance I'd strongly recommend downloading and reading the Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&a...

Exchange CALs
Good morning. I have a question regarding the CALs for Exchange 2000. We have 250 CALS, and are approaching that number of users on the domain who have email. 1. When a person leaves the organization & we delete their account, does that free up their CAL? Or do we just lose the license when the user is deleted? 2. Are CALS reserved for each user, or are they meant for concurrent users? What I mean is, does each user have a designated CAL....or do you just have to have enough CALS for the number of users who will be accessing Exchange at the same time? Thanks for any help...

How do I create a stem and leaf plot on Excel 2003?
A stem and leaf plot is method for easy hand creation of a crude histogram. The Analysis ToolPak contains a histogram tool. The stem and leaf plot differs from a histogram in the following ways: - The histogram is more flexible in choice of boundaries between bars, since the stem and leaf plot always groups by 10's - The stem and leaf plot uses the units digits of the actual numbers like a plot symbol. This gives you the potential of visually evaluating the distribution within a bar. You might be able to nest SMALL() and IF() functions to fake it in workbook cells. The resu...

Exch Server 2003 External Email Addresses
This is probably the most basic of questions and the easiest to answer - except if like me you have just had your Exch 5.5 replaced with Exch 2003 and have only the installation CD. How/where do you enter addresses for external email recipients???? In 5.5 it was straight forward - make up a Custom Recipient. But I cannot find out how to do it in this "modern version". I've even searched here, google and MS but either I'm using the wrong criteria or its too basic to have been asked........ Any advice please, to retain my sanity Cheers Stan Just go into Active Directory ...

Problem with Outlook 2003/Cached mode/Viruses
Every once in a while a user will get an e-mail into their mailbox on Exchange that's infected with a virus. From that point on Outlook refuses to download any new mail (including the virus-infected e-mail.) Sometimes we can delete the e-mail using OWA, sometimes not. If we take Outlook out of cached mode, all of the e-mail appears, and after deleting the infected mail and restarting Outlook back in cached mode, all mail synchs correctly. They're running Exchange 2000, using Symantec Corporate AV (on the workstations, server, and the Exchange plug-in.) Any ideas? TIA Looks l...

How to use a Exchange 2000 information store in Exchange 2003
According to the Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide: "Note You can mount an Exchange 2000 SP3 database on an Exchange 2003 server. You cannot, however, mount an Exchange 2003 database on an Exchange 2000 SP3 server." I would like to mount an Exchange 2000 SP3 database on a new Exchange 2003 server. How would I go about doing this? Have you checked out the the Disaster Recovery Analyzer tool? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C86FA454-416C-4751-BD0E-5D945B8C107B&displaylang=en Nue <smandeville@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141827876.419355.3052...

-> [2003] Not show in groups? <-
Hi, Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to tell it not to group the mail lists for all folders? I currently have to go to each folder and select View->Arrange By and uncheck "Show in groups". I'd like to have this applied to all views. Thanks for any help. Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ------------------------------------------------ 1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com ------------------------------------------------ Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes MovieDB at www.sjmovied...

Publisher 2003 & Office Assistant
Hello- I just installed Publisher 2003 and have begun receiving an error message every time I try to open any of the Office 2000 programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The message reads: "The Office Assistant could not be started. Please repair the Assistant by running Office 2000 setup and selecting Repair Office 2000". When I open Publisher 2003 I get the error message: "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in Maintenance mode and install at least one character". I have read about a similar problem in this discussion gro...