Exchange 2003 Mailbox Move Problem

We are currently running Exchange 2003 in a single domain/site on
Windows 2000 platform servers.  Although still in mixed mode, all of
our mailboxes and public folders have been migrated to the E2K3
servers.  In an attempt to isolate then fix a Blackberry problem, two
months ago multiple users mailboxes were moved from E2K3 Server A to
E2K3 Server B.  Once the problem was resolved, our administrators
began moving the mailboxes back to their original E2K3 Server/Storage
Group/Mail Store.  All of the moves were successful except for two.
Each attempt to move these two mailboxes to their original Storage
Group on E2K3 Server A ends with error "0xc104172f, After moving a
mailbox, you must wait for cleanup operations to complete before you
can move it again."  However, they were successfully moved to a
different storage group on this server.

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem or how to correct it
other than deleting/recreating the mailboxes?

Thanks,
Paula
0
Paula1214 (4)

Yes, we did run mailbox cleanup on all of the servers to no avail.

I will make this suggestion to our production network staff.  Do you
know what type of information, so to speak, is being retained in the
original storage group that would prevent these two mailboxes from
being moved back to it?

I orginally thought it was due to the size of these mailboxes being
well above the policy limit, but I haven't been able to reproduce the
problem in our development lab.  And if the mailboxes were corrupted,
the administrators wouldn't have been able to move them to a different
storage group.

"Matthew Tisdel" <MatthewTisdel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<DA12AF9E-5F6A-4FB4-9098-03ED3B2BFB6E@microsoft.com>...
> I assume that you have run Mailbox Cleanup on all of the effected servers?
>
> Also, you can Remove Exchange Attributes in AD Users and Computers, and then go through the ESM, run Mailbox Cleanup, then reconnect the mailbox to the users. This might reset some settings on the mailboxes.
>
> --
> Matthew Tisdel
> South Carolina
>

> "Paula" wrote:
>
> > We are currently running Exchange 2003 in a single domain/site on
> > Windows 2000 platform servers.  Although still in mixed mode, all of
> > our mailboxes and public folders have been migrated to the E2K3
> > servers.  In an attempt to isolate then fix a Blackberry problem, two
> > months ago multiple users mailboxes were moved from E2K3 Server A to
> > E2K3 Server B.  Once the problem was resolved, our administrators
> > began moving the mailboxes back to their original E2K3 Server/Storage
> > Group/Mail Store.  All of the moves were successful except for two.
> > Each attempt to move these two mailboxes to their original Storage
> > Group on E2K3 Server A ends with error "0xc104172f, After moving a
> > mailbox, you must wait for cleanup operations to complete before you
> > can move it again."  However, they were successfully moved to a
> > different storage group on this server.
> >
> > Any ideas on what could be causing this problem or how to correct it
> > other than deleting/recreating the mailboxes?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Paula

0
Paula1214 (4)