Exchange 2003 Locking Up -Help!

The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it reaches
60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely.  If I
reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly rebuilds up
to the 60 sesssions.

If anyone knows what this is, I need help!  It just started today.  The
sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but they
never succeed and then go away.

I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed
Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was back
to locking up.

HELP!!!

Thanks,
John

0
jfenton (4)

Please ignore - crisis over.

"John Fenton" <jfenton@remove.to.reply.fairchild.this.too.com> wrote in
message news:u$d%23AyL2EHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it
> reaches 60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely.
> If I reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly
> rebuilds up to the 60 sesssions.
>
> If anyone knows what this is, I need help!  It just started today.  The
> sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but
> they never succeed and then go away.
>
> I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed
> Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was
> back to locking up.
>

> HELP!!!
>

> Thanks,
> John

0
jfenton (4)

winserver 2003 registration
I've downloaded Dynamics GP Toolkit Virtual Machine, when I log in as administrator I was told to register the windows server 2003. I tried registering via internet but it doesn't work, probably my virtual machine is not working properly. I am using VMware by the way. Is there anyway I can do the registration by phone instead? can anyone provide me with the ID to register? Thanks. Yohanes ...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

macros have gone missing in Outlook 2003
For some reason, my macros are no longer showing up in Outlook 2003. I have no clue as to what's going on. I still have the VbaProject.OTM file in my "Documents and Settings\Walter\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" folder, if that matters -- I can't figure out any way to make Outlook aware of it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Walter ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

Mailshots from Exchange 2007
In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages being sent in short period of time? yaro "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:4d2d823d-471f-4298-bfc2-c9f3b9f72b38@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block > mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages > being sent in short period of time? > yaro Do you believe that you are being attacked from a spammer relaying me...

International Dictionary Outlook 2003 and Office 2003
Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for Outlook 2003 and Office 2003 to English (Australian)? Mine always reverts back to English (U.S.) Cheers Ian What language OS do you have? Did you check your keyboard settings in Control Panel? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ian Mitchell asked: | Is there a way of permanently locking the Spell Check Dictionary for | Outlook 2003 and Office 20...

exchange 2003 sp1 and newsgroups?
Ok, have read the article on how to add, which is a piece of cake, as it does it for you... only issue I have is that I built newsgroup for microsoft, and it's populates outlook2003, but nothing is in there? I've looked for the obvious, and searched this newsgroup???/ AL You can't use Microsoft's NNTP server as a pull feed - they restrict it to only certain servers. Your best bet would be to find out if your ISP is set up with an NNTP server that is allowed to pull the feeds and if they will allow you to pull from them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my ...

A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP
Dear Sir or Madam, In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on). I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format. Could you please give me a hand? Regards Saeed ...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Publisher 2003 won't print
I have just taken over writing a newsletter which is 8 pages with LOTS of photos and graphics. It needs to be converted to a pdf file for publishing on our web site. I tried using Publisher 2003 this last month and after many days of putting the newsletter together and getting it just the way I wanted it, it totally failed to convert! It wouldn't print to my HP 6110 All-In-One Printer either! My computer is a PC with XP and service packs 1, 2 and 3. I am using Adobe 8.0.1. What could be wrong? I was able to copy (with much exasperation) the whole thing on to Word 2003 just to get it ...

Exchange 2003 (Co-existing w/2000)
We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for Exch2003. Should this affect anything with the current Exchange 2000 environment? Thanks, Terry On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:43:41 -0500, TS wrote: > We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an > Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. > Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for > Exch20...

VISIO PRO 2003
Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with Windows NT. Thanks. Microsoft Office Visio 2003 versions work with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 only. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "EMZ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28dc01c3e1bc$abba4b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with > Windows NT. > Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_828BD422 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding...

migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me to be ready to install the AD connector that would help me out with my migration. What are the cons of doing this?? is it safe. Do any have other steps in order for me to prepare for this migration? Thanks in Advance I recently loaded a 2k3 server on my doamin for a migration I'm working on. I used the checklist MS provieds and all worked well. I didn't have a single issue and the server is working well. "Juan" wrote: > I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me > to be ready to install...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access th...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #3
My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free ways to synchronise the two? R.Daneel Olivaw wrote: || My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a || home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free || ways to synchronise the two? WARNING: This is unsupported by Microsoft. You MUST take frequent backups of your pst file. On the one machine, move the pst file to a shared folder. Point Outlook on that machine to that location. On the second machine, either mov...

Outlook 2003 attachement not opened
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2003 and I have this problem: a friend sent = me an e-mail containing an attached e-mail message (signed, if it = matters), and Outlook wouldn't open it saying "An error occured in the = underlying security system". How can I open that file? Note that that file has a ZIP file attached, = so this could be the problem. Thanks in advance, Radu ...

Outlook 2003 PST file issues
I created a backup.pst form Outlook 2003. I also copied the outlook.pst file onto a cd. I had to format my HD and reinstall Windows XP and Office 2003. When I try to open either of the two PST files I get an error message "The file C:\path info\backup.pst is not a personal folder file." Can anyone please help me. All of my important email data is in there. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft site for backing up the file, not it won't open. Did you remove the read only attribute these files acquired from being on a CD? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad&...

Microsoft Money 2003 #5
When trying to record transations both manually and with Money Transaction Past Due Report, I get the message "This transaction cannot be entered" everytime I try. There is no reason given for this message. The program seems to be locked and will not accept further transactions. The program "as is" is usless to me. I also had a problem with backup files, finally I found one that worked and updated the data, however, I am wondering if this backup is in fact the problem. I do not want to start from scratch. I have data back to Jan 1, 2001. How do I get the progr...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

Editing ppt created in 2003
I'm using 2007 and trying to edit a ppt that was created in 2003. There is a text box at the bottom of each Title master slide (there are 5 different versions) that is used for the presentation name, date and slide number. I've tried editing the Master title slide for each of the 5 groups but can't get the chages to apply to all of the slides - it will only apply to those slides that I've actually edited. Can someone help? The placeholders must be on the master slides and then they appear (or should appear) on all the slide layouts (the small thumbnails) associate...

Outlook 2003 email
When I try to open an attachment(in this case a "Word" document I get the following message "The system cannot find the file specified". Before I could double click and the attachment would open in my "Word Program". HELP!!! ...

Outlook 2003 shortcut bar
I created a shortcut to "My Document" folder in Outlook 2003 Shortcut Bar. When I click the shortcut, it will open a separate window for me. But in Outlook 2000, it will show on the righthand side when I click the "My Document" folder shortcut. (same window) Is there a way to setup the Outlook 2003, so that the contents of My Document folder will show on the righthand side of the same outlook window when I click the Outlook 2003 shortcut. (I do not want to see it on a separate window.) Thanks in advance for your help. No, the way it works in Outlook 2003 is show it...