Exchange 2003 global address list updateing

I added a new user to the domain and set up a mailbox for
him. Everything is fine. I can log him in and open
outlook and see his account. The problem is that the
global address list has not updated to include him what
could the problem be?
0
sdever (2)

You can manually update your Recipient Update Service in Exchange System
Manager.  Check in ADUC for the user to make sure he has been stamped with
an SMTP address.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"sdever@physcal.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I added a new user to the domain and set up a mailbox for
> him. Everything is fine. I can log him in and open
> outlook and see his account. The problem is that the
> global address list has not updated to include him what
> could the problem be?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/7/2004 10:37:20 PM
I figured out what was the issue. The offline global
address list had not updated. The online one was fine and
all deliveries were working. I found the offline address
list in the system manager and forced a rebuild. I then
went to outlook and downloaded the address list
completely. This fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Scott

0
sdever (2)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

invalid email address

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

Security Updates-Uninstall
I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security updates? We ran the latest security updates for our servers and now most of our applications won't run properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we back these down? Cheers. Control Panel -> Add remove programs ??? "Geoff" wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security > updates? We ran the latest security updates for our > servers and now most of our applications won't run > properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we > back these down? > ...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Bulk Import
Hi All. I have a need to import leads (about 20,000 of them) and then I need to update each lead (with data from an outsourced Telemarketing supplier) every 2 weeks. I will create new attributes every 2 weeks for the lead to match the data coming back from my supplier but would I be able to "update" my existing 20,000 leads and not re-import as I would like to keep the activity history. Any idea how I could do this? Thanks in advance. ...

Exchange 5.5 Restore Problem
Hello, I have an Exchange 5.5 server (SP4), running on NT 4.0 (SP6). We back it up with Backup Exec 8.5, with the Exchange Agent option. I am now in need to restore an old copy Information Store, from a last year's tape, to recover some information. I put together a server, with Exchange 5.5,NT 4, etc. All Service packs etc up to date, and Exchange was working fine. I then proceded to restore the Information Store. The file size of the priv.mdb appears to be correct, however, since the restore, the info store won't start. I receive the following error when trying to start i...