Exchange 2003 Freezes

We are Running Exchange 2003,  on a windows 2003 Server standard edition
server.  Every day at exactly the same time all outlook clients freeze for
approx 3-5 minutes.  After 3-5 minutes the system runs fine.  Any ideas what
could be causing all outlook clients to freeze at exactly the same time every
day.
0
Brian8214 (439)

silly question but....
at that time, what do the logs on the exchange server say?

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are Running Exchange 2003,  on a windows 2003 Server standard edition
> server.  Every day at exactly the same time all outlook clients freeze for
> approx 3-5 minutes.  After 3-5 minutes the system runs fine.  Any ideas
> what
> could be causing all outlook clients to freeze at exactly the same time
> every
> day.

0
jjd228 (96)
5/2/2005 7:32:00 PM
It could be network or server related.

On the network it could be traffic related issue. To trouble network issues
would require some packet capuring and analysis to take place.

On the server try run performance monitor and review server logs.

It's also worth looking at client logs and running performance monitor.

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are Running Exchange 2003,  on a windows 2003 Server standard edition
> server.  Every day at exactly the same time all outlook clients freeze for
> approx 3-5 minutes.  After 3-5 minutes the system runs fine.  Any ideas
what
> could be causing all outlook clients to freeze at exactly the same time
every
> day.

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Installing more parts of Office 2003 with another registration key
I was referred to this newsgroup from the windowsxp newsgroup. I rushed out to buy Outlook 2003 a year or more ago, without updating the rest of my Office 2000 applications. Now I bought the entire Office 2003 suite, but it of course has a different registration key. Will this cause any problems? Is it wiser to install the entire new Office 2003, overwriting my other Outlook 2003, or just installing Excel, PowerPoint and Word from 2003 and leaving my current Outlook 2003 alone with its different registration key? Or does it matter at all either way? Also, if I install Outlook 2003 as part ...

exporting Exchange data
We are running Small Biz Server 2003 with Exchange enabled. We no longer want to use Exchange for our email functionality, but are unsure how to get the data out of exchange and into Outlook Express or Outlook. Is there a way to export the Exchange mailbox data to Outlook or another program? Thanks for any help you could provide! On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:14:27 -0800, Grant Willey <GrantWilley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Small Biz Server 2003 with Exchange enabled. We no longer want >to use Exchange for our email functionality, but are unsure how to get th...

Latencies with rules in Outlook 2003
Hello, Our company is using an exchange server which is located at, and managed by, a third company. Now, one of our Outlook 2003 users is using different kind of rules which are working perfectly. However when a message arrive, it first arrives in the inbox and after a couple of minutes it looks like the user receives the same message again (as he gets a new desktop alert) however it is removed from the inbox and moved to the correct folder. This user is also working with a data file which means that every mail that arrives is immediately sent to the inbox of a local PST-file and ...

Hyperlinks that I recieve in e-mails don't work in outlook 2003
LMT <LMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote Thanks Brian worked great. LMT > LMT <LMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > <nothing> > > Ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. > > If you're using Internet Explorer, try this: click Tools>Internet > Options>...

Publisher 2003 Margins
Hi, I have a finished 28 page 11 x 17 double sided newsletter where I have the individual page margins set at .250 top and bottom and left and right. The Master sheets also use these margins. When I print to PDF the file looks fantastic retaining all the exact margins that Publisher set. However I have now printed it on 2 different laser printers. One is a Xerox Docu center 75 and I cannot recall the other. Both give me different finished prints. There seems to be no consistancy. Neither are holding the 4 margins the same. Are there recommended ideal page pargins other than using the wo...

A converter for Publisher 2003,2007 files to open in Publisher 20
If I am sent Publisher files made in the newer versions of Publisher, why wont they open in Publisher 2000? Is there a converter available as there is for Word file conversions? This incompatiblity between versions is a major irritation. Why does Microsoft FORCE people into costly upgrades when previous versions are working well?? Later versions of MS programs are sometimes worse containing more annoying features than the more straightforward previous ones. The change of layout etc is also disconcerting. On Wed, 7 May 2008 16:30:01 -0700, Mikerawl <Mikerawl@discussions.microsoft.co...

Moving a ads with exchange 2000 to a new hardware
Hej, we have a very small network using windows 2000 server, exchange 2000 and sql 2000. I want to try to move this system to a new hardware using ntbackup, not at last because that would give me a backup routine for an emergency recovery. So first, I tried to simulate, installed a w2k server, promoted it to an AD DC, installed exchange, created some users, sent some mails etc. Then, I made a backup of Drive C: (the only drive), the system stage, the information store of exchange. On a differnt pc, i installed another w2k server, without promoting it. First, I restored the System stag...

Exchange log growth rate
How far is the Exchange log file growth? Is there a way to calculate it? You mean transaction log files? You could monitor and trend drive space on the transaction log partition. Are you looking for something else? Peter wrote: > How far is the Exchange log file growth? > Is there a way to calculate it? > > I want to estimate the transaction log space required. If there are 10000 emails received in Exchange, how's the log file size created? "William Lefkovics [MVP]" <william@spamsux.emailonastick.com> wrote in message news:%237syB3WnFHA.2904@TK2M...

Power Point Viewer 2003/2007
Hello, I have built a Presentation using PowerPoint 2003. After finishing the presentation, I click on Package CD from the file menu to publish the presentation. The presentation contains sub presentations (it was built in modular way). To navigate between the divers presentations, I am using the hyperlinks. I saw that the presentation intermittently become Non-Responsive (i.e. Getting “Stuck” with “Black Screen”) when double left clicking on a link or when using the “Escape” keyboard button repeatedly to close & exit the open Presentations. I think that there is a proble...

Converting Money 2000 file for Money 2003
When I try to import my Money 2000 file into Money 2003 I get an error stating that it cannot open the file, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it. Has anyone else run into this? I know the file works fine in Money 2000. Could it be to large to import? It's ~18 Meg. Thanks for your help. Mark There will be a new Q/A in the FAQ on the web shortly: --- Q): I thought Money files were supposed to be upward compatible. How come Money[new] crashes when upgrading my Money[old] data file? [Relevant to Money2003 (v.11) and up] A): Most u...

No Return/Exchange on specific ILCs
Our customers are not allowed to exchange or return any item within one category. Is there a way to prevent cashiers from accidentally exchanging/returning these items (within this category)? I would be nice to have a "reversed" "Block Sales after/during this Date(s)" which only lets you return items but will not let you sell these items. Or better yet an extra option in the item options tab that would let you check the "Not allowed to return/exchange" option. Any suggestions? ------=_NextPart_0001_BC2B5F67 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

New server exchange.
I need to transfer my actual server exchange data to a new server exchange with the same O/S (same version, same services pack, same win update). The new server is already installed with same name, same domain and same dns. AD works fine. How can I transfer all data of my old exchange server? Tnx a lot! Micky On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:36:59 +0100, "Muriel" <PLEASENOSPAMaieie.brazzo@katamail.com> wrote: >I need to transfer my actual server exchange data to a new server exchange >with the same O/S (same version, same services pack, same win update). The >new ser...

After adding 2008 DC to existing 2003 Domain
DHCP Client service fails to start on 2008. Access Denied message. Ideas? I found one MS article that suggested to add Network Service/Allow Full to the registry of HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/DHCP and HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/tcpip. I did that, but no-joy. -Frank "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:L56dnUC_5_bmq5bWnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@giganews.com... > DHCP Client service fails to start on 2008. Access Denied message. > > Ideas? > > I found one MS article that suggested to add Network Service/Allow Full to >...

Where the Outlook 2003 Stat files are located ... I can only find.
Does anyone know where the Stationery Files are located for Outlook 2003. I need to change some of the names of my Stata Files since I can't seem to create extra folders to categorize them; ie., Holiday Stats, Bday Stats, Animated Stats, etc., but I can't find them in the same location that my OE Stat files are ... thanks so much ... ...

Disappearing toolbar with Outlook 2003/Word
My Outlook add-in creates a temporary toolbar in every inspector window. It seems to work fine in Outlook 2002, whether Outlook or Word is selected as the e-mail editor. It also works fine in Outlook 2003 when Outlook is the e-mail editor. However, when Outlook 2003 is set to use WordMail, I have serious problems. The symptoms seem to differ from computer to computer, but there are two common ones: 1. Sometimes, my toolbar appears when I open the first WordMail window, but it's gone when I open subsequent windows -- whether through New, Reply, or Forward. (It is still listed, unchec...

Exclusive mode
Developed a series of databases and applications in Access 2003. Now I am converting them to 2007. Access 2007 will not allow the conversion due to the fact that the database was open in exclusive mode. I have changed all the mode settings to shared but still not able to convert. Is there something new in 2007 that I have not found that turns exclusive mode off to allow the conversion. Thanks -- Robert ...

Exchange 2003 Message Size Restriction
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. I had set my message size limits to 10MB and it worked fine for the longest time. I'm trying to change this to No Limit, however no matter what I do it won't allow me to include an attachment over 10MB's. In ESM I changed the setting under Global Settings - Message Delivery Properties to No Limit and I also changed it under the SMTP Virtual server to No Limit. I restarted the Virtual Server. I even tried restarting the SMTP service. When I attempt to include an attachment over 10MB Outlook returns the following message The attachment size exceeds ...

Can't Print
I'm running Windows XP SP3, with IE7, and Office 2003 SP3. I can print from word, excel, etc. Just not Outlook. If I open and email and choose either File->Print or just the print button on the tool bar, nothing happens. No dialog box, nothing. Anyone had this issue before? If so, how did it get resolved? I have the same problem with outlook express and when I tried to print from IE 7 "Jennifer Mann" wrote: > I'm running Windows XP SP3, with IE7, and Office 2003 SP3. I can print from > word, excel, etc. Just not Outlook. If I open and email and choose eith...

Connecting 2 orgs with SMTP 5.5 to 2003
Im currently doing an Exchange 5.5 to 2k3 migration, this is inter-org. I've got everything sorted apart from 1 issue. In Exchange 2k3 the namespace is the same as 5.5 (domain.com), in exchange 2003 i've made this a non-authorative zone. As i send mailboxes from 5.5 over the ADC as custom recipients this is working like a charm. I've also set an IMC up on 5.5 with the address space domain.local so it can send to 2003. The one problem i have is if anyone replies to someone who has been migrated as they will be replying to migrated.user@domain.com I've tried setting up an IMC for...

Purging using Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 and just changed to start using IMAP. I had a few questions on purging. 1. When I purge, it seems I can only purge one folder at a time. There is no option to purge multiple folders at once. Is that correct? 2. There is no auto purge such as purge all items when I close Outlook 2003. Correct? 3. Is there an option to move a deleted email to the Trash folder rather than just keeping it in the same folder and having it struck out? 4. If there is no option to move a deleted email to the Trash folder, is there a filter / setting / grouping, etc. that allows you to hi...

Migration issue from 5.5 to 2003
Currently we have: 1. Windows nT4 domain Exchange 5.5 servers some users Office/Outlook 2000 2. Active Directory domain Exch2003 Exchange servers are in different sites and organisations Domains have two-way trust relationship most of all mailboxes hosted by Exch 5.5 are mapped to accounts from AD Now we are on preparation stage of migration from 5.5 to 2003 We have done most migration tasks in test environment-working with migrations wizarsd and public folder hierarcy replication from 5.5 to 2003. All works great. The last unresolved problem is to silently change just server na...

New mail in Outlook 2000 had a better appearance than Outlook 2003
I receive a news service each day. I have just installed Office Professional 2003 and the emails that I now receive from that service are not set up as well as when under Outlook 2000. I also receive the service at my placve of employment where they still use Outlook 2000. The same messages have not changed. They are easier to read and the setting out is better than what I receive at home using Outlook 2003. I have set up under "Options - Mail Format" "Compose message format: Rich Text" I have ticked "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" ...

Exchange Server 2000 Public Folder Rules
I have setup four Exchange Server 2000 Public folders with rules which fire when new messages arrive which generate autoresponses. These will work fine for a few days or maybe a week then stop working for no apprent reason, only way to get working again is to stop and restart all exchange services. Nothing logged in any of the event logs, all public folders rules fail at same time. Exchange 2000 has SP3 installed + Post SP3 updates from October last year. Any ideas anyone ? Thanks Mark. ...

Can't save new file in Excel 2003
We have Excel 2003 SP1 with all available updates (version 11.6355.6408) After some time user recieve a problem: he can't save newly created files, application faulting and offer to send information about error to Microsoft. We found the problem, it was a registry value: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Office Excel\Settings\���������� ���������\File Name MRU] "Value"=hex(7):20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,\ 00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,20,00,\ 20,00,20,00,20,...

Urgent exchange issue please
Standard win2000 setup running exchange server 2000. We had a guy leave the company but before he left he posted 400 emails to customers. Now every time the server is rebooted the same emails are sent over again. I cannot see from exchange manager how this is happening as there is no record of the emails. Please help customers getting upset. JB This is an issue that you really should call into Microsoft Product Support for assistance in resolving. We have a set of steps to find and delete the offending messages, but they require the sending of some utilities and a little bit of walk-thro...