Exchange 2003 /Exchweb/Cabs folder

I'm having trouble with OWA in Exchange 2003 Standard (running on Windows
2003 Standard).

When trying to access OWA internally, I get placeholders instead of images
and the word "Loading...".  This seems to be pretty well addressed in
KB280823.  The problem I'm seeing is that when I remove the virtual folder
for Exchweb and recreate it, I do not get a Cabs folder.  The rest of the
folders are there, but not the Cabs.  This folder does not exist in \Program
Files\Exchsrvr\Exchweb, either.

Where does this folder come from?  How can I get it in place?  Is it even
part of the problem?

Thanks for any help!

question about moving mailboxes from 2000 exch to 2003 exchange and mail store size
we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000 server to our new exchange 2003 server. I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75 gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2. When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key for the PUBLIC store. The PRIVATE does not appear. is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not removed the exchange 2000 server yet? I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do this when we finished moving the rest of the mai...

how do i refresh a pivot table drop down list in excel 2003?
when i remove data from my source tab, the entries still show in the drop down list for the field in my pivot table. i am trying to figure out how to remove them. i tried removing the field from the pivot table, refreshing the pivot table, and then placing the field back in. that only works sometimes. ...

backing up exchange
I use the backup included with win2000 server, running exchange 2000. I select the exchange server and message stores. Whats the best way to test and make sure individual mailboxes are being backed up? Are there any permissions issues to access those mailboxes to be backed up? Thanks in advance if you're doing online backups, you are not backing up individual mailboxes, but the entire store/s...only way to ensure the backups are valid is to build a recovery server, and do a test restore... "Robrjt2" <robrjt2@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916150235.22932.00000551...

How Safe Are Exchange Raw Mail Files?
Hi There, My company has mandated that our office move over to Exchange 2003. Of all my research, I really only have one small question. That is, how safe and protected are the raw mail files that Exchange stores on the server? In other words, outside of using the user's password, can these files be copied and read later or are they encrypted or protected in some manner? Thanks, -Jay I am pretty certain that the mailbox store, essentially the pair of a Jet database something called a "streaming" file, are not encrypted. You should protect them as you would any se...

exchange enterprise storage limit
I heard that there is an unlimited storage limit for exchange enterprise 2003. Is this true? If so, can I "Actually" have an exchange message store 60 gb or more? Would there be any performance issues? TIA, Jackson Correct, unlimited database size. FYI: Exchange 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2 will increase the database limit to 74GB from 16GB. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jackson" <jackson_num5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uDVHikUnFHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I heard that there is an...

Extracting Exchange 2003 Configuration
Does anybody know of any 3rd party Utility or MS utility that can extract the Configuration of an Exchange 2003 Server? ...

Exchange Clusters #2
Good Day All, The company I am with has offices in Toronto, Ontario and in Halifax, NS. I am looking for a solution that would allow our users to connect to a local exchange server (and sql server for that matter) regardless of which office they are in. So if user A in Toronto connects to an exchange server, that user will connect to the server in Toronto whereas if User B in Halifax connects to an exchange server they will connect to the server in Halifax. If user a comes to Halifax for any reason, when they connect to exchange I want the connection for them to go to the halifax server wi...

exchange crm router rules cleaning tool
Hi, I'm working with one server where is installed Exchange, AD, and Exchange CRM Router, and another with CRM3.0. So I uninstalled the Exchange CRM router without deleting the deployed rules. I installed the crm router again but when some users sent emails one email is returned indicating that the message could not be delivered to the past router's mailbox. I need to know if it's a tool to delete all the past rules or a way to clean them manually. Hi there You should be able to roolback the Rule - with the Exchagne CRM router tab, If you dont you can delete the rule eith...

Building a new Exchange 2003 server
Hi I am currently in the planning stage of adding a second Exchange Server 2003 to my domain. I currently have 1 x Exchange 2003 server, 2 x DC Win Server 2000. What we need to do is to build a new server with Win 2003 install Exchange 2003, make this the primary Exchange server, then the original server will become the back up Exchange server which I intend to keep synchronised using EMC replistor produce. Can someone please advise on best practices, any gotchas and any reccommended reading before we undertake this project. As an aside we are also planning to upgrade the domain controllers ...

querying folder full of worksheets.
Hi all, I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I don't know if this is possible, or if someone has tried to create something to do what I need, but here it goes. I have a folder full of checklist worksheets that are of identical format, but obviously with different numbers. I have a master tally sheet that requires the values of the same 4 fields from all of the sheets. Is there a way to automatically query each sheet and get the values in the cells I want and spit out a text file ? You help is appreciated. Hi navtechie I have a example that will copy it all in one workbo...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

Can not open mail folders
Hi I had a win xp crash, possibly due to power failure. I have repaired xp from the original disk. Now when I try to go into Outlook 2003 I get the below error and then it closes. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards = Error Message ======= This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run): mstsc.exe /CONSOLE You mus...

Backing up Exchange 2003 SP2 with DPM 2007 on Windows server 2008
In order to be able to back up a Exchange 2003 SP2 server I need to install Exhange 2007 Management Tools on the DPM 2007 server. The DPM server is running on Windows Server 2008 (64bit). From Ms articles: “The eseutil.exe and ese.dll versions that are installed on the most recent edition of Exchange Server must be the same versions that are installed on the DPM server. If you installed DPM 2007 on a Windows Server 2008 operating system, and you are Protecting Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 computer, you must install the Exchange Server 2007 version of the eseut...

Project Web Access 2003 (SP3) and IE8
My organization will upgrade all the client desktop computer from XP (SP2) to Windows7 (64-bit) with Office 2010 (32-bit) and IE8 by the end of this year. Our group is currently using Project Server 2003 (SP3) with SQL Server 2005 (SP3). I would like to know if the current configuration of client - Project Professional 2003 and PWA 2003 (SP3) - will be compatible with the new Windows 7 environment. In the official Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility site, Project Professional 2003 is certified as "compatible", but no information on PWA. I also concerned about PWA and IE8 ...

mailbox information wrong in Exchange 2000 system manager
I have one mailbox store with about 600 mailboxes. Displayed the mailbox es and saw that the number of items, size and last logged on by information for several accounts that I researched is wrong. In one case, a recently hired employee's account displays 22,629 total items. Opened the account and there are less than 100. Just scanning the mailbox information I found 15 accounts with the same number of total items and the same size. Very unlikey. Numerous accounts display the same last logged on by information. Another user not a service. Does anyone have any thoughts or insights? T...

Word 2003 vs Word 2007 and XML
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the way Word 2003 worked as far as direct formatting goes vs. 2007 and the XML background. It is my understanding that if you used direct formatting in Word 2003 instead of using styles, it created problems with corruption because Word 2003 would put a a code before and after each and every character selected. For example, if someone had a document they received in Courier New that was 50 pages long and they selected the entire document and changed the font to Times New Roman (TNR), every character throughout the document would have a...

new office 2003 outlook
My email account is set up exactly like the old office, old earthlink set-ups, old folders, etc., yet i cannot Send/Receive in the new Outlook 2003. Any ideas? SOunds exactly like my problem with OL2003 as posted today: URGENT: OL2003: can receive e-mail ONLY ONCE (?!?) Except that I can't get ANY account to work. btw it's all POP3 with me, and I can receive them exactly on the first start of OL2003 after creaton of the profile and the accounts settings, and no more after OL2003 has been closed and re-opened. Philotech "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Renaming the exchnage server 2003
I have installed new exchange server 2003 (exchange1) , thus retiring old exchange server 2003 (exchange). How do i chnage the name of new exchnage server (exchange1) to old server name (exchange)? which will save me time to reconfigure all outlook clients. Thank you for your help in adavance. arun Outlook clients will automatically be redirected to the new server after their mailboxes are moved - there's no need to change the server name. If you can't do without reverting to the old servername, this may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822945/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Excha...

Exchange 2003 Mail Wizard is not working -- Please Help!!
When I go through the wizard I get an error "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server then if I deselect send internet email I get "The SMTP virtual server 'Default SMTP virtual server' on the selected server does not have the binding of all unassigned/port 25 What does this mean Will You cant run Internet Mail Wizard twice. If you do that you olways get erorr "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server" You must delete Internet Mail Connector and ReRun Internet Mail Wizard I think this help y...

outlook 2003 earthlink e-mail
When setting up the outlook 2003 account via earthlink, the test message would not send. All settings, POP3, SMTP were correct and tested so. Any ideas? Thank you, jdarden56 Did you get an error message? Does the outgoing mail server require authentication at Earthlink? If so, have you configured Outlook that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "jdarden56" <jdarden56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F8845BF-0429-41EB-8174-C4A9E54BB1E3@microsoft.com... &g...

DNR Messages from Exchange 2003 Server
We have Exchange setup to forward all DNR messages to a specific address. Is there any way to configure it to include the original sender that sent the message that caused the DNR? Right now, I get the DNR message from anyone in the company, but I never know who it is from, just who they were trying to reach. Thanks. Babakganoosh <Babakganoosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange setup to forward all DNR messages to a specific address. Is >there any way to configure it to include the original sender that sent the >message that caused the DNR? Right no...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003
I am running exchange 2003 and 5.5 in the same domain. when I try to send mail from exch2003 to a user using exchange 5.5, I get the following error: (the user, using exch2003 can see the users on exch5.5.) The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'bay1@ges.tkk.com' on 13/07/2004 12:26 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <postane.ges.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for bay1@ges.tkk.com> Tell us how you installed Exch2003. bayraktar wrote: > I am ru...

Money 2003. Investment. Mutual Fund entered as a Bond!!
Can't change it. Can't download quotes. Can this be fixed? Thanks. The relevant FAQ that you can extrapolate from: --- Q): How do you change a mutual fund investment to money market investment? A): It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it. In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing "mutual fund" to something you will never use. Let's suppose you choose zzzz. Create a new money fund with the correct name and symbol. Go back to investment zzzz and choose View: Investment Details. Change each transacti...

Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on a Win Server 2003 DC?
Hi, I want to know if we can install CRM 1.2 on a DC with Windows Server 2003 SP1? If yes, then has somebody faced any performance problem? Thanks and Regards, Harshad ...

Winmail.dat sent over Exchange mail
I have a persistent issue with some (not all) emails that when they are sent to another recipient on the GAL internal to the organization the attachment and message body is combined into a winmail.dat file. The attachment in this case is a Word document with a RTF extension. I've tried all knowledge base articles I can find but have only come out with a headache. Stats: Exchange Server 2000 Sp3 Outlook 2000 Sp3 Global Address List in place Outlook 2000 settings - configured for Plain Text - Message sent in Plain Text - don't use Word as an Editor Exchange 2000 settings ...