Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working

Hi,

I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope
journaling to work.

I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to
enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the
standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal
formatted messages.

I have verified with  LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the
Exchange Org object.

Anyone else seen this before or have any advice?

Thanks

--- Greg

0
greg4980 (1)

Reboot maybe?

greg@intellireach.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope
> journaling to work.
>
> I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to
> enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the
> standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal
> formatted messages.
>
> I have verified with  LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the
> Exchange Org object.
>
> Anyone else seen this before or have any advice?
>
> Thanks
>
> --- Greg

0
kpalagin (1838)

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Money 2003 Deluxe
When I go to Reports/Taxes/Tax Software Report I get a summary of what should be included in the various Federal Tax Forms. Everything looks reasonable except for the Capital Gains and Losses Money generated when I bought or sold a stock. It looks like some of the transactions ended up under Schedule C! Can someone give me a hint on where I have to go to tell Money how to handle the generated gains and losses? I have been to all the obvious places like "Catagories" and "Taxes" but I must be missing something. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote:...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
For Windows Server 2003. This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at the end of the installs. Can anyone help please? I downloaded the update manually from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en Ran it, and then ran Check U...

Mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP in CListCtrl
I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base. In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP. Is there any parameter which should be set? Best regards rolf brockmann On Tue, 23 May 2006 02:51:01 -0700, rolfb <rolfb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base. >In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP. >Is there any parameter which should be set? It ought to just work. If you are using Intellipoint, note that later versions of Intellipoint requir...

Sitemap works ok but asp:Menu drop downs are blank
My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles. However my site map works ok. Do you know what might cause that? Thanks Cal Who wrote: > My drop downs for asp:Menu are simply white rectangles. > > However my site map works ok. > > Do you know what might cause that? > > > > Thanks Maybe one of these: Transparent drop-down Menu and disappearing menu text - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/transmenu.htm Several dialog boxes are blank: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831430 "About" box is completely blank; Una...

SPYRUS Usage in Outlook 2003
Anyone heard of a problem with SPYRUS Rosetta Executive Manager and OUTLOOK 2003? Was working fine with Office XP, then upgraded to Office 2003, and can't digitally sign email anymore. . . the system just hangs. Hi Ted, I am from SPYRUS and we are not aware of any problems running RES and Office2003. RES is an extremely compatible product for running Microsoft products. What version operating system are you using? What version of RES are you running? If it is RES3 or below - we recommend you upgrade to the current version which is RES5. If you are running RES4 or RES5 then you proba...

Red TransparencyKey Not Working on Non Development Computer
I created a simple program that does little more than display a bitmap on the screen so that I could try out the TransparancyKey property. Any color in the window that matches the TransparencyKey should be transparent, so that users see whatever is behind the window at those points, rather than the window itself. I set FormBorderStyle to none, BackgroundImage to an embedded bitmap, BackColor to Red and TransparencyKey to Red. The bitmap is the same size as the window's client area. It uses only two colors, Green and Red. The Red it uses is the same as the TransparencyKey. ...

Outlook 2003 crash with IMAP
Please help. Outlook 2003 SP2 is crashing most of the time while trying to contact our local IMAP server with send/receive. It's crashing hard in outlook.exe, asking to send error report. Logging is disabled as I googled this as a possible source for crashes. I reinstalled Outlook with no success and the PST file was checked with scanpst.exe. It is not crashing all but most of the time. Any clue for me ? Henrik -- Henrik Schmidt Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel Institut fuer Informatik +49 (431) 880 75 - 50 Fax or 43 Phone Olshausenstr. 40 ...

Outlook 2003 Distribution List error
System running XP SP3 My customer has a Distribution List (5 entries), and it was working correctly for some time. Now, when she sends to the List, there are two additional names included from her address book. Editing and/or expanding the list does not show these names.... Ideas? Where to look? Thanks in advance. Grov ...

(right click)>Send To>Mail Recipient... not working...?
On my computer at work, I noticed today that if I right click on a file, choose send to: "Mail Recipient" , instead of bringing up a new email loaded with the file etc... it brings up my MSN Explorer log on screen. I checked and I do have Outlook set as the default email client so why is not acting correctly? I have the same setup at home and it works correctly (brings up a new email loaded with an attached file of choice). is there a way to choose somewhere (setting, registry etc) what comes up when I right click menu -send to- mail recipient? "99XJ" <rnwrede...

Exch 2003 - Stopped MTA Stacks Service
We've got two Exchange 2003 servers in native mode. I had read that you don't need the MTA Stacks service running in this configuration, so I stopped the service on both boxes yesterday. I came in this morning and there were hundreds of emails queued up on both servers queues to each other. When I highlighted the queue on one of the servers it said the other server was unreachable. I then found that we had no DNS entries for these servers in our AD DNS. I added them, and also added MX records and mail started flowing between them again. Does the MTA Stacks service provide some kind of ...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

Exchange 2003 Locking Up -Help!
The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it reaches 60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely. If I reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly rebuilds up to the 60 sesssions. If anyone knows what this is, I need help! It just started today. The sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but they never succeed and then go away. I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was back to locking up. HE...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...

working from 2 pc's
is there a convenient way to use a single money file from two different pcs? I bought money small business, in order to run my business as well as my home accounts. however, I also have an office space outside the home, and have need to create invoices from that location. Of course, I don't want to create the invoices in two different places. Any ideas? Smokii Someone here recently posted that they use an external hard drive, and that a USB memory device works as well. I'd think that would be the ideal way to do it. Other than that, it would be difficult to keep them in s...

worksheet that will only work on one users pc
I am trying to create a excel worksheet that will only work on one users pc. Oh no, not that again! I have read much of the archives here.. I am not looking for something bullet proof. I just want to make it difficult for the average user to pass around worksheet copies. If I can key a macro to detect something that is unique in every users pc. Ideas? Hi You could use this: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' use ?Environ("Computername") in Immediate window to to get computer name If Environ("Computername") <> "MyComputerName" Then ActiveWorkbook.Close Sa...

Configuration issues for Excahnge 2003
I am an intern current doing research on a problem bought to my attention. I have a Exchange 2003 server using an IIS 2003 box. The scenario is the administrator wants to make the authentication on the Directory Security a basic authentication. But after a few hours the server automatically clicks back to Integrated Windows authentication. Is there a way that I can keep it on basic or is there a specific reason why this occurs. Any answers would greatly be appreciated. thank you. "Gerald Hunt" <gerhunt@uat.edu> wrote: >I am an intern current doing research on a pro...

Money 2002 opening MOney 2003 file
Hi I have Money 2002 at home but then I have been working on my file with Money 2003 in the office. Now I can't open up the Moeny 2003 file with the 2002 version It asks me for a password and i never put in a password. please help! Please send reply to my email. thanks! You cannot open a 2003 file with 2002. The file is not backwards compatible. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.a...

Synchronize Outlook 2003 and Newsreader Folders
How do I get my local folders in the newsreader, where I often store items of interest to me, to match the personal folders in Outlook 2003-and vice versa. I have just converted over from Office XP to Office 2003. -- The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause. Who at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while...

Retrive deleted account and folders (exchange)
I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 (XP), and that function deleted also all of may inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all the deleted folders?=???? brgds, jan If you were storing all your data in the Exchange mailbox, just add the Exchange account back into Outlook. jan wrote: > I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 > (XP), and that function deleted also all of may > inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all > the deleted folders?=???? > > brgds, jan ...

Exchange version
How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with microsoft management console with no reference to exchange. Please help If you're running SBS2000, you're using Exchange 2000. paploo wrote: > How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have > small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into > exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with > microsoft management console with n...

Issues with demoting exchange server? #4
Hi, It seems that the previous administrator was not succesful in fully promoting a sever to a DC. We are supposed to have two DCs (CC7=First DC, CC5=DC with Exchange server). There have been continuous replication problems from cc5 to cc7. AD doesnt consider cc5 as a DC and cc7 is the only DC in Domain Controllers group of AD. Manual replication between two DCs results in 'no endpoints' error. AD is unavailable several times on both DCs. Object created on a DC is not replicated within two (!) days on second DC. Clearely cc5 can not communicate with cc7 the way it is supposed to. T...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822?
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...