Exchange 2003 Enterprise Capabilities

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise
Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis?  The
system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple
of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end.  If not, do you know
Microsofts recommended solution?
Any help gratefully received.

Not to take away from Exchange, but you can try Ironport as a gateway device
to do the mass emailings.  Just don't send me spam please.  They do have
really good MTAs for outbound mail.  They also use Exchange as the back-end.

A really large computer company uses this technology to do this for their
mass mailings.

http://www.ironport.com/products/
--
Jonathan
No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????

"Colin Graham" wrote:

> Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise
> Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis?  The
> system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple
> of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end.  If not, do you know
> Microsofts recommended solution?
> Any help gratefully received.
thanks mate although it's not for mass mailing - they will be individual
mails mostly

"Jonathan Norris" wrote:

> Not to take away from Exchange, but you can try Ironport as a gateway device
> to do the mass emailings.  Just don't send me spam please.  They do have
> really good MTAs for outbound mail.  They also use Exchange as the back-end.
>
> A really large computer company uses this technology to do this for their
> mass mailings.
>
> http://www.ironport.com/products/
> --
> Jonathan
> No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????
>

> "Colin Graham" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise
> > Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis?  The
> > system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple
> > of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end.  If not, do you know
> > Microsofts recommended solution?
> > Any help gratefully received.
Its still email.  You could have several Bridgeheads hitting one Gateway.
--

"Colin Graham" wrote:

> thanks mate although it's not for mass mailing - they will be individual
> mails mostly
>
> "Jonathan Norris" wrote:
>
> > Not to take away from Exchange, but you can try Ironport as a gateway device
> > to do the mass emailings.  Just don't send me spam please.  They do have
> > really good MTAs for outbound mail.  They also use Exchange as the back-end.
> >
> > A really large computer company uses this technology to do this for their
> > mass mailings.
> >
> > http://www.ironport.com/products/
> > --
> > Jonathan
> > No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????
> >

> > "Colin Graham" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise
> > > Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis?  The
> > > system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple
> > > of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end.  If not, do you know
> > > Microsofts recommended solution?
> > > Any help gratefully received.

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

CRM 3 Exchange Router
Hello, My Exchange Router will not forward e-mail to the CRM Server. We are running CRM 3 with and Exchange 2000 server. Here is the error messages in the Event Log: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040E0E): Bookmark is invalid. at ADODB.RecordsetClass.MoveNext() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceCore.ProcessMailbox(ExchangeSinkServiceMailbox mailbox) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceCore.ExecuteService() Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying bef...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

- About Outlook's archiving capabilities...
I am trying to take a load off Outlook (Office XP) by archiving old items, but I'm new to the process. Every folder I archive seems to generate its own "Archive" folder in the Folder List... so essentially, all it did was move the old contents from one folder to another. My question is, am I really helping Outlook at all by doing this? The whole point of archiving was to give it fewer messages to load at bootup. But it's still loading them in the Archive Folders, isn't it? What happens if I delete the Archive Folders? Am I helping Outlook's performance at all? And ...

Standalone v's Enterprise Root CA's
I'm new to W2K8 CA's and was wondering if someone could please answer my below questions: 1) What are the pro's and con's between a Standalone and an Enterprise Root CA? 2) Does a Root CA always has to been online for NAP with IPsec to work? 3) Does a Root CA have to be online of a Subordinate CA to automatic enrol a certificate to a client? 4) For HA reasons, can you MSCS cluster Subordinate CA's? Cheers, Cosmo Hello Cosmo, I am not the AD CS expert but hopefully this helps to start: 1. See here for details about, applies also for Windows serv...

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

copy does not work in word 2003

Exchange Connector Wizard error

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Increasing the Exchange sp2 storage limit
As we all know by now sp2 for Exch2k3 increases the storage limit to 18GB and can be increased to as much as 75GB for the standard edition. Is this a valid modification supported by Microsoft or is it a registry hack? My concern is the release of an Windows update that would nullify the storage increase. Read the Release Notes for SP2, it's a valid modification but you need to insert a registry value to bump it from SP2's default to any size up to 75 Gb. (Some orgs may not want the store to get to that size, so being able to control it is a good thing, imo). -- Bharat Suneja M...

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

esm shows wrong exchange server version
I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + Hotfix MS05-021. Exchange System manager still shows Build 6249.4 SP3. Should ESM show a higher Build number ? Thanks for any replies. MC IIRC, ESM only shows SP4 on clustered servers that have the update applied to them. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "MC" <seaedsit@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OW%23lRuARFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + ...