Exchange 2003 corrupt message cannot be removed

Hi All,

I have 3 corrupt messages in one user accounts sent items folder that
cannot be viewed or deleted.  Since these 3 corrupt messages are only
affecting one user I'd rather not use ESUTIL.  Anyone have any
suggestions about how to remove these messages or repair them?

Thank you,

Steve (aka Hobby)

0
hobbby3 (3)

On 16 Feb 2007 15:48:32 -0800, "Hobby" <hobbby3@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have 3 corrupt messages in one user accounts sent items folder that
>cannot be viewed or deleted.  Since these 3 corrupt messages are only
>affecting one user I'd rather not use ESUTIL.  Anyone have any
>suggestions about how to remove these messages or repair them?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Steve (aka Hobby)

Try mfcmapi
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=55FDFFD7-1878-4637-9808-1E21ABB3AE37&displaylang=en

0
adavid (8731)
2/16/2007 11:58:41 PM
1.  Why would you consider eseutil?  Eseutil operates at the database page
level, not the internal structures of the database.  Isinteg would probably
be more appropriate.

2.  If all you want to do is delete the items, it would probably be easiest
to use mfcmapi or a similar utility.

"Hobby" <hobbby3@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have 3 corrupt messages in one user accounts sent items folder that
> cannot be viewed or deleted.  Since these 3 corrupt messages are only
> affecting one user I'd rather not use ESUTIL.  Anyone have any
> suggestions about how to remove these messages or repair them?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve (aka Hobby)

0
John
2/19/2007 1:40:18 AM
Thank you for the replies.  I just downloaded and installed the
MfcMapi Util.  The damn messages still wont delete.  Here are the
error messages I get.

Warning:
Code: MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION == 0x00040680
Function lpSourceFolder->CopyMessages( lpEIDs, NULL, lpWasteFolder,
lpProgress ? (ULONG_PTR)hWnd : NULL, lpProgress, ulCopyFlags)
File f:\df7830\extest\src\mfcmapi\mapifunctions.cpp
Line 1154

Warning:
Code: MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION == 0x00040680
Function DeleteToDeletedItems( lpMDB, (LPMAPIFOLDER) m_lpContainer,
lpEIDs, m_hWnd)
File f:\df7830\extest\src\mfcmapi\folderdlg.cpp
Line 689

No idea what these mean.  What do you guys think?

0
hobbby3 (3)
2/19/2007 8:41:24 AM
"Hobby" <hobbby3@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the replies.  I just downloaded and installed the
>MfcMapi Util.  The damn messages still wont delete.  Here are the
>error messages I get.
>
>Warning:
>Code: MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION == 0x00040680
>Function lpSourceFolder->CopyMessages( lpEIDs, NULL, lpWasteFolder,
>lpProgress ? (ULONG_PTR)hWnd : NULL, lpProgress, ulCopyFlags)
>File f:\df7830\extest\src\mfcmapi\mapifunctions.cpp
>Line 1154
>
>Warning:
>Code: MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION == 0x00040680
>Function DeleteToDeletedItems( lpMDB, (LPMAPIFOLDER) m_lpContainer,
>lpEIDs, m_hWnd)
>File f:\df7830\extest\src\mfcmapi\folderdlg.cpp
>Line 689
>
>No idea what these mean.  What do you guys think?

Looks like a problem trying to move the message to the Deleted Items
folder.

Did you try hard-deleting the message from Outlook (use Shift+Delete)?
That won't move the message, it'll just leave it in the folder from
which it was hard-deleted.

Do you have another mailbox store? You can try moving that mailbox to
it. That should remove the messages (and the possibility to recover
any previously deleted items).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Steve

0
hobbby3 (3)

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I noticed that is was returning a random amount of errors on each run. Does any know if It is the case that this database is beyond repair? If so will the best approach be to revert back to a non corrupt database backup and then roll forward using Transaction Lo...

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

How to look at raw message
In outlook express you can view at the entire raw message but how do you do the same thing with the Outlooks that come in office, i.e., Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 etc.? I hate it when you have to downgrade ti get the same features. Rightclick in the (HTML) message and choose View Source. Note that OE is not a downgrade of Outlook but a completely different product developed by the Internet Explorer team instead of the Office team -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...