Exchange 2003 computer account

I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003
network (AD).
One of my admins was trying to test the exchange
restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network,
isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc,
etc.

I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production
exchange is not part of network anymore..
I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers
groups
in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we
cannot
login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a
message that
says:
Windows cannot connect to the domain, either domain is down or unavalable
or computer account not found.

When I login locally into exchange, it still part of domain. So I am not
sure
if computer account was corrupted in AD.
My questions, what is my work around to fix this. I do have backup. The
store database
still there. Nothing was change on the production exchange server.

If I remove the exchange server from domain, then re-add it back to domain,
would it cause
problem on exchange?

thanks

0
tony44 (13)

"Tony" <tony@nospam.com> wrote:

>I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003
>network (AD).
>One of my admins was trying to test the exchange
>restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network,
>isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc,
>etc.
>
>I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production
>exchange is not part of network anymore..
>I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers
>groups
>in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we
>cannot
>login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a
>message that
>says:
>Windows cannot connect to the domain, either domain is down or unavalable
>or computer account not found.
>
>When I login locally into exchange, it still part of domain. So I am not
>sure
>if computer account was corrupted in AD.
>My questions, what is my work around to fix this. I do have backup. The
>store database
>still there. Nothing was change on the production exchange server.
>
>If I remove the exchange server from domain, then re-add it back to domain,
>would it cause
>problem on exchange?
>
>thanks

A first step is to use ADU&C to Reset the computer account.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

Unable to add Exchange DNS name to Recipient Policy
Hi there We recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000, and I noticed that an entry in the default recipient policy - @servername.domainname - which in turn stamps each user account with a username@servername.domainname address, was missing. On trying to add the rule to the policy again, we get this error:- This domain address cannot be used for a recipient policy because it matches the name of an Exchange server. ID no: c1031340 Exchange System Manager We need the @servername.domainname address to be configured for each user as our workflow system uses this to skip our Linux serve...

default size limit for a mailbox in exchange 5.5
Hi, I have no set any mailbox limit on exchang 5.5. i would like to know is there a default size limit? or it just grow unlimited until the disk is full? I know there is few users are having mailbox exceeding 2G already on our server. Thanks Frank There is no default limit. You should set it to whatever your business requires and server/backup hardware can support. Keep in mind that standart editions of Exchange Server have 16GB limit on each database (pub or priv). Frank wrote: > Hi, > > I have no set any mailbox limit on exchang 5.5. > > i would like to know is there ...

Cant transfer from a current account to loan acccount
Hi I am unable to "transfer" from a current account to a loan account. From the current account, I select 'Tranfer', then from the 'To' box, I am unable to find my loan account in that list. Please can you advise the method of paying down a load account from a current account? Thank you in advance. Use Loan Payment and delete the Interest portion in the splits. Set the Principal Transfer amount to the amount you want to transfer. Assumes not Money Essentials (MEss) not Essential Register. "April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:u...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

Access 2003, sharing application over a Novell Network
I recently built a simple 12,000 record database (a little over 7 MB) for my assoicates all over the country via our VPN . It was created in Access 2003, converted to Access 2000, and runs off a shared drive on a Novell server in Washintgton DC. The response times have been incredibly slow, upwards of a minute to query an initial record tied to the primary key. (although it responds instantly when running off a single stand alone PC) Does anyone have any tips about how I can make it run quicker or respond faster over a Novell network via VPN? It's pretty much dead in the water no...

MS Project 2003 Clarity Integration Field Mapping
I am using MS project 2003 with full Clarity integration and noticed that there is a neat field available when you use the Workbench scheduling tool - Pending Time Entry. Does anyone know how I can get the field/column mappings between MS Project 2003 and Workbench when integrating with Clarity? ex. in Workbench ETC is the same field as Remaining Work in MS Project 2003. What about all the others??? ...

GAL and Exchange 2003
I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church office so that everyone has access to them all. I have added a contact to AD (and a distribution list) but they refuse to appear in all users or the GAL. We are running SBS2003 with Exchange. I have looked for solutions on Microsoft tech net but cannot seem to find anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.. Andrew/ On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 05:02:02 -0800, AndrewOfAzotus <AndrewOfAzotus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am simply(?) trying to set up some external contacts for our church o...

2000 to 2003: Drop-down box crashes system inconsistantly
2000 version works fine. Users that run 2003 on XP crash when they use the drop-down box, which, after update opens filtered form. Solution: They copy the source FE file from the network location to local HD, then it works for a while, until it crashes again. Then they replace local file with network source. Weeks go by without a problem, on other days they have to do this 3-6 times a day. Source file remains the same. Very strange!!!!! Anyone any ideas?????? Presumably this combo is unbound. First thing to try is to force the record save before trying to do th...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Exchange 2000/2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide
Hi NG, where has the "Exchange 2000 ASP Deployment Guide" gone? Is there any "Exchange 2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide" out there? Any comments, tipps around hosting Exchange 2003 for many "virtual organizations"? Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Schoenbornstr. 57 D-97440 Werneck Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835 Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Try this link http://www.kapilaggarwal.com/pdf/Exchange%20Deployment%20Guide.doc "Tobias Redelberger" <T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net> wro...

Not able to set up more than 5 accounts.
Hi Everybody, Im running Outlook 2002 on XP Pro and I've got 5 mail accounts setup and working OK. If I try to set up a 6th account the Outlook Test button gives me all the green ticks but if I try to Send/Receive all the accounts the first 5 accounts work ok but the new account doesn't, the Send and Receive details box reports that "The connection to the server was interrupted". If I delete one of the earlier accounts which are working fine the new account works OK but if I then add the deleted account (which was working fine) this account then reports back with the same ...

Exchange user Administrative Group
Hello, We have 25 sites world wide. We close our office in Turkey and all user's inside this site moved to other site. The DC has been decomissioned. Now, after 3 weeks, we wanted to remove the site OU from AD. But, when I checked the user properties under Exchange Advance Tab in AD console, I found user is under the site OU that need to be remove. We would like to remove that site OU from Active Directory. Does it create problem?, when site OU deleted from AD? if yes, can we change it to the site where all the user's belongs currently? appreciate your advise and help. Yonkey...

Inhouse Exchange vs. ISP POP
Hey, I've been out of the Exchange loop for a couple of years, perhaps somebody can fill in my gap in knowledge. Back then I moved my company from ISP pop mail to in-house Exchange MAPI/POP/OWA. Although Exchange gave them great calendaring and contact sharing capabilities I always wondered if it was worth it for the extra admin I had to put in. Plus a major factor was the slowness of OWA coming in through the 2MB ADSL line. It seemed I always regretted it because you can't beat the simplicity and speed of ISP-hosted POP/webmail. Two years later I am a consultant I am faced with th...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Exchange Stores
Hi We are running Exchange 2000 + sp3. (Build 6249.4) We have 4 mail stores + public folder store. The stores vary in size up to about 96gb, and are located on their own san drive. The transaction log files are also on their own san drive (65.9Gb drive with currently 62.9Gb free) . We have a problem here that happens infrequently, once every 2 months. The stores dismount (IS still running) and nobody can access email. When attempting to remount the stores they fail, suggeting restart of ESM and IS services. We then restarted the IS service which causes an error to appear on the screen ...

deleting resources 2003
For over a year, I've tried to delete user accounts from MS Project Server 2003 using both my own administrator account or a generic account. It worked 2 or 3 times, deleting one name at a time, but has failed ever since, giving the Request Status error 9600. I find other cries for help all over the web, but no one has ever given an answer. Is there NO ONE who understands why this happens? Along with this, I have tried PSCleaner. I can pull the lists of resources, but when I click the delete button, after a 60-90 second pause, I get the following message: Deleting the selected R...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

how do I set up Outlook 2003?
I installed Office Pro 2003 on my office and home computer. The setup on my office computer went great. I can't get Outlook to work on my home computer. I un-installed and then re-installed the entire package on my home computer, but I can't get Outlook to work. I get the screen about migrating account settings, but it will not accept my password. I finally get the error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook.ost is not an offline file folder." I have un-installed and re-installed the entire package several times w/o any effect. Is ther...

business portal project accounting #2
When will project accounting functionality be in business portal. We have a high need for business entities based on project data as well as making requisition management integrate with project po's. PA Time & Expense was a good start, although that product lacks alot of functionality, now what about all the other peices to manage projects in Business Portal??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

how do I change the default font in publisher 2003
I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >-----Original Message----- >I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I >tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >. > I know they are four-letter words, but "read" and "help" should become your mainstays. Choose Help and search for "default font" The answer that you are looking for is the first listed and just waiting for you to read it. Chuck Davis &l...

Exchange RPC
I'm having terrible trouble getting RPC to work. Is there an article somewhere that shows how to do it step by step for the stupid? Thanks in advance, Beth In Alaska Beth, can you be a bit more specific as to what does not work? RPC just sort of works with Exchange and Outlook. Unless you are going through a firewall. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "Beth In Alaska" <bethinak@spamfreeclearwire.net> wrote in message news:12shqul9t59i21@corp.supernews.com... > I'm having terribl...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

Access 2003 to 2007 Converstion
I converted a database fromm Access 2003 to Access 2007 and now none of the command buttons work. Can anyone tell me how to get them to work again? By default, VBA code is disabled. You need to add the path where your databases are stored to the Trusted Locations to enable it. To do this, click on the Office Button then follow the path Access Options | Trust Center | Trusted Locations. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Jackie" <Jackie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:673C648F-DDFB-4197-BA6D-546C3EA12357...