Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages

Hi there!

We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to
solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet -
but no Internet messages are received.

Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an
ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it:

Domain is "pleni.com.br",
Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15.

The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the
public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay
to whoever succeeds to authenticate. It also has 2 DNS servers configured to
send messages to (200.204.0.10 and 200.204.0.138), provided by our ISP.

The Small Business SMTP Connector is configured to

- use DNS to route to each address space,
- local bridgehead pointing to SERV01 (default SMTP virtual server),
- nothing is selected on the "Advanced" tab (do not send ETRN/TURN)
- address space is of type SMTP, address "*",
- connector scope entire organization.

Finally, on the basic firewall the Internet Mail Server (SMTP service) is
configured to port 25 incoming and outgoing, using TCP and with private
address 127.0.0.1.

Could anyone give as a clue on why we're not getting outside messages?

Thank you,

Daniel Mendes

Daniel Mendes wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any
> help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to
> the Internet - but no Internet messages are received.
>
> Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with
> an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it:
>
> Domain is "pleni.com.br",
> Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15.
>
> The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server
> (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's
> granting relay to whoever succeeds to authenticate. It also has 2 DNS
> servers configured to send messages to (200.204.0.10 and
> 200.204.0.138), provided by our ISP.
>
> The Small Business SMTP Connector is configured to
>
> - use DNS to route to each address space,
> - local bridgehead pointing to SERV01 (default SMTP virtual server),
> - nothing is selected on the "Advanced" tab (do not send ETRN/TURN)
> - address space is of type SMTP, address "*",
> - connector scope entire organization.
>
> Finally, on the basic firewall the Internet Mail Server (SMTP
> service) is configured to port 25 incoming and outgoing, using TCP
> and with private address 127.0.0.1.
>
> Could anyone give as a clue on why we're not getting outside messages?
>
> Thank you,

I imagine it's something to do with the W2003 firewall. I don't use it (and
wouldn't want to - I'd either get ISA or a separate hardware firewall
appliance) so I can't tell you where to look exactly - but as a WAG, change
127.0.0.1 to the actual LAN IP of the Exchange server.

> Daniel Mendes

0
lanwench (7567)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Hdtv Receiver Tuner
Channel Master CM-7000 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box Price:$59.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Elgato Systems 10020974 EyeTV Hybrid TV Tuner Stick for Analog, HDTV and FM Radio Reception Price:$149.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001QCYHXM Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001QCYHXM Hauppauge 1192 WinTV HVR-1950 External USB HDTV Tuner/Video Recorder Price:$149.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B00198MYB0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?...

Exchange update problem

Crash on 'Send"

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment

can't customize toolbar

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...