Exchange 2003: Any way of getting a break down on the size, type, date range, etc of email attachments stored?

We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
following data:

Volume of file attachments in email system

            Date ranges of data

            Percentage of data in each date range

            Document types

            Percentage of data by document types

I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
anyone advise if this is possible?

Thanks,

QH

Hi,

You can find some with perfmon, but not all..

Regards,
--
JF BERENGUER
MCSA messaging, MCSE, MCT

http://actelia.spaces.live.com/

"QH" wrote:

> We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> following data:
>
> Volume of file attachments in email system
>
>             Date ranges of data
>
>             Percentage of data in each date range
>
>             Document types
>
>             Percentage of data by document types
>
> I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

3rd party tools could give you that data; Quest MessageStats for one.

"QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> following data:
>
> Volume of file attachments in email system
>
>            Date ranges of data
>
>            Percentage of data in each date range
>
>            Document types
>
>            Percentage of data by document types
>
> I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> QH

0
John
4/26/2007 1:36:54 PM
Thanks guys.

The trial version of Message Stats can be downloaded here:

http://www.quest.com/2_0/registration.aspx?requestdefid=7919

QH

On 26 Apr, 14:36, "John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamenetappdotcom>
wrote:
> 3rd party tools could give you that data; Quest MessageStats for one.
>
> "QH" <quentinhud...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the
> > following data:
>
> > Volume of file attachments in email system
>
> >            Date ranges of data
>
> >            Percentage of data in each date range
>
> >            Document types
>
> >            Percentage of data by document types
>
> > I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can
> > anyone advise if this is possible?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > QH- Hide quoted text -

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

multiple email addressess ?
how can we store multiple email addresses for one contact. i only see option for one add..? Hi, There are three email attributes in contact entity. emailaddress1 is by default added on form. If you want to also want to add other two than open customization form of contacts and add fields named emailaddress2 and emailaddress3. You can add more custome email fields also. You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gma...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange update problem

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

Select Method of Range class failing???
Hello, I keep getting the following error in my macro: Run-time error '1004': Select method of Range class failed When simply trying to select cell A1 in a worksheet of mine. I can' figure out for the life of me why this would be failing. Here's m script (literally): Range("A1").Select I am simply trying to position the cursor on a worksheet in preparatio for a possible operation. I have never had this fail on me before an I can't figure it out now. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks in advance, -Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment

Where is the workspace file stored?

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Size of dynamically allocated array
What's the easiest way to determine the size (number of objects) of a dynamically allocated array? Chip While it's probably not reliable, I did find that the address you get back from the 'new' operator is not the actual starting address of the allocated block. If you subtract sizeof(DWORD)*4 from that address and then read the value at that address, you'll have the requested size, but not the actual size that the memory manager allocated. For example: char *p = new char[1234]; strcpy(p, "Hello World!"); // not necessary but does help to locate stuff in mem...