Exchange 2003 and High RPC Latency

We have 3 exchange 2003 mailbox servers.  Exch1 and Exch2 hold the bulk of
our mailboxes (about 3500).  These servers are Exchange 2003Std/SP2 with
Windows 2003 Enterp/SP2 with 4gb RAM.   The logs and databases are on
separate SAN LUNs.  These servers also have BES agent and Enterprise Vault on
them.  I mention them because they interface with the mailboxes.  We have
historically been experiencing continual RPC latency when our users (using
Outlook 2007/SP2) try to access mailbox resources like other user calendars.
  Any ideas where to look?  I'm new to Exchg troubleshooting.

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

PowerPoint 2007 / 2003 "Compare & Merge" crosswalk?
I cannot find the "Compare and Merge Presentations" function on 2007. The tutorial says some of 2003 functions were lost, and you should check with online help. Have not been able to locate anything equivalent or close in 2007. That feature was removed from PPT 2007. It's back (and better) in PPT 2010, though. PPT 2010 is in beta right now. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com "Confused Presentor" <Confused Presentor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0436F244-FE21-449D-9F85-F02788E0BFE0@microsoft.com... > I canno...

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

"Additional mailboxes" appearing more than once
[X-Posted to microsoft.public.outlook, microsoft.public.outlook.general] Setup: ------ Exchange Server 2000 (Small Business Server) Windows XP SP 1 & SP 2 Office 2003 (and SP 1) Roaming profiles Problem: -------- In the "Folder List", under "All Folders", mailboxes added using the "Open these additional mailboxes" are appearing more than once. Also, "Public Folders" is appearing twice. Additional: ----------- * This only happens with some of my users, but there is no common factor between them. * It doesn't seem to matter which machine they...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks
We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are over 200 pages. Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro? -- Sprinter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sprinter's Profile: 1480 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&...

What are the correct steps to configure RPC over HTTP for a single server, SBS 2003, environment?
I have a SBS 2003 single server domain and am attempting to configure RPC over HTTP, however, the options within the Exchange environment don't appear to make sense: 1) Front-end server -- by the provided description this is not the proper selection (there is no back-end server; there is no other server period), [additionally, this option is greyed out] 2) Back-end server -- by the same "logic" for why this cannot be a Front-end server, this selection doesn't seem to be the right choice either -- there is no other server taking on the Front-end server role. 3) This option is ...

Outlook 2003 Time problems
Hello, There are various emails that I receive that aren't getting the time marked correctly in Outlook even though my system time clock is set correctly. I check the time of the emails and there 1 hour behind. Any solutions? Is daylight savings time configured correctly? Also verify that this is set correctly for both the sender and the mail server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jessem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Copying and pasting an Auto Shape from PowerPoint 2003 to Word 200
When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a Word document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small Auto Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length. Is there anyway to retain the shape's original size when pasting into Word? It doesn't happen here. Send me your PowerPoint file at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will have a look at the issue. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted ...

Outlook 2003 will not close!
Outlook will not close! I'm not using a exchange server. I have to close outlook 2003 with the task manager. This happened after upgrading office XP to 2003. Runing with winfax Pro 10.01 WinFax 10 is not compatible with Outlook 2003. Might want to check the Symantec support site and see if they have documented steps on how to install WinFax 10 w/out integrating into Outlook. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "sendmeabuck" <sendmeabuck@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:095201c39fb3$046f20e0$a6012...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

Sharing Folder Outlook 2003
I can't seem to find any help on this subject. Used to be that you could add a folder from somewhere on the hard drive to the folder tree in Outlook. Can't do that anymore (with Outlook 2003). On my home PC Outlook 2003 is confiugred with 2 profiles. One for me, one for my wife. I would like to have certain emails sent to a common folder so when she opens up Outlook she can see them. Before I create a rule that autoforwards them to her account I was hoping to try just setting up a common folder. Your help is much appreciated. Matt Dear Matt, have a look on this site for...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

DPM 2010 Exceptions when connecting to a Windows 2003 Machine
I throw a DPMException error expanding a server when modifying the protection group. I.E. when I try to add a server to a protection group it crashes the interface. It happens on 4 servers all of which are Windows 2003 Virtual Machines. I have 5 other successful Windows 2003 Virtual machine connection and 30+ Windows Server 2008 R2 Connections. Here is the error on the server: Fault bucket 754861567, type 5 Event Name: DPMException Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: DPM P2: 3.0.7336.0 P3: mmc.exe P4: 6.1.7600.16385 P5: System.IndexOutOfRangeExcep...

Excel 2003 #34
How do I change the margins in the footer? You don't. How about adding leading space characters? Or trailing space characters (with a final alt-0160 from the numeric keypad). Peppermint wrote: > > How do I change the margins in the footer? -- Dave Peterson In Page Setup, change the bottom margin to a larger value and change the footer size by the same amount. ...

Word and Outlook 2003 window sizes interconnected?
This was posted a while back in another newsgroup but there were no replies. I am running Outlook 2003 and have this exact same issue. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks. On Dec 2 2002, 5:52 pm, "Mel Huth" <melvin.h...@mail.ihs.gov> wrote: > I am running Office XP. Outlook2002 is using Word as an email editor. > When a message is prepared in a window smaller than > maximized and sent with the window the same size, when Word is opened as normal, the window size of the opening > session is the same size as the Outlook window. > > Is this normal. How can i...

want to find duplicate Phone numbers when typed in excel 2003
I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Let's assume this is your data: A1: 12345 A2: 54321 A3: 12345 Which cell(s) should be highlighted? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "trvlpal" <trvlpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C707764-79F0-4ECB-BF57-661289BB59D6@microsoft.com... >I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it > indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Using column "A", place this formula in "conditional formatt...

IFERROR function from XL 2003 to 2007
File was created in XL2003, I had an "IFERROR(x,y)" VBA function referenced in cell formula, see: http://min.us/mvj137H Now in XL2007, I removed the VBA "IFERROR" so as to use the built-in IFERROR. The problem is as you see in the picture, XL2007 is NOT automatically using the built-in. (F9 does not work) I have to manually "touch" the individual cell formula (like put in a space after "=") to have the formula recalculate. Please help , thanks Untested. How about just selecting all the cells Hit ctrl-h (like Edit|Replace in xl2003 menus) What:...