Exchange 2003 and a DNS error.

Just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. Using 2000 AD and 2000 DNS.   Everything
seems to work but I am getting the following Netlogon message  in the System
Log.

Deleted the MX record as noted in one of the KB articles but the error is
still being logged.  Any ideas?

Registration of the DNS record
'1e66922d-6db9-450b-92c9-7709b9d24cfe._msdcs.domain.com. 600 IN CNAME
mailserver.domain.com.' failed with the following error:
DNS RR set that ought to exist, does not exist.

ds

0
dsavidge (4)

Can you reference the Event ID of the error as well as the KB article?  If I
had to guess, sounds like event 5774 and KB article 325208.

Does your server point to the internal AD DNS server in the TCP/IP
properties, or is it pointing somewhere else, like your ISP's DNS servers?

Does your AD DNS server point to itself for DNS in the TCP/IP properties?

Have you tried manually creating the CNAME record for that GUID in the
_msdcs zone?

What happens if you run netdiag and dcdiag from a command prompt?  Are there
any tests that fail?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"David Savidge" <dsavidge@fwtinc.com> wrote in message
> Just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. Using 2000 AD and 2000 DNS.   Everything
> seems to work but I am getting the following Netlogon message  in the
> System
> Log.
>
> Deleted the MX record as noted in one of the KB articles but the error is
> still being logged.  Any ideas?
>
> Registration of the DNS record
> '1e66922d-6db9-450b-92c9-7709b9d24cfe._msdcs.domain.com. 600 IN CNAME
> mailserver.domain.com.' failed with the following error:
> DNS RR set that ought to exist, does not exist.
>
> ds

0
Ben

Error Message #31
One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that says: Program error. what causes this and can I retrieve my spreadsheet? But other workbooks will open ok? If yes, the first thing I'd do is try to find a voluteer that could try to open it on their pc. If that didn't work, sometimes you can recover your file by opening in saving in a later version of excel. Other times, openoffice can open files that excel can't. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Firefli wrote: > > One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that...

error in importing data
Sorry the error is 0x8004032d ...

GP 10 WorkFlow Error 05-27-10
Hi I am receiving an error in GP 10 WorkFlow. At the end the workflow fails with the error. "An error has occurred in the Approval Status". Would be very helpful if any lead could be provided. I googled around but no solution was specified to this error. Kindly Advise. Following is the Content of the Event Log Action: SubmitForApproval Current User LogOnName: FZE\Administrator Input parameters: <RequestObjects> <ArrayOfBusinessObjectSubmissionInformation xmlns:xsi="http:// www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation
Dear all Eperts I have write VBA code like this Private Sub calenstart_Click() Me.Filter = "startdate='" & calenstart.Value & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub when i click on my calendar it show message error Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation I can't fix it, what something wrong. Help me Thanks The message means that the filter string is not valid. Consequently, the next operation (applying the filter) fails. Presumably startdate is the name of a date/time field. Here are some reasons why it could fail: a) you used ' inste...

error 2147217865
I am experiencing an Error message on my second station when trying to post a transaction, usually the first or second after I open Store Operation Pos. My main data is sitting on first station. This is the error msg in Full. Error 214721865 Cannot Drop the Table # Temp Because it does not exist in System Cat Log (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State:40502 Native Error 3701) Select GetDate ( ) As Current Date Time I am unable to find this error on customer source Can you post cause and RESOLUTION ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

Script error in IE8
When I am trying to use the general search function in Win XP sp3 (all recent updates) from the start menu, I get the following error message: An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 38 Char: 5 Error: permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://ie.search.msn.com/sa/5_12_0_512943/srchasst.js Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No What could I do to correct this? "jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54E2513A-6273-41CA-A429-46C1F995B995@microsoft.com... > [Subject: Script error in IE8] ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

Email getting bloced by Exchange Spam Filter
Hello, I was using the IMF on our exchange 2003 server. One of our clients mail was getting blocked. No matter what exceptions I added it still got blocked. So to bypass just this single domain, I changed the DNS MX record to point to another IP on this server, and then added a 2nd SMTP connector. However, I still find this mail is being filtered. Is there another setting that I need to do. Basically for this single domaion, I want all mail to pass. Thanks David Determine the IP addresses the messages are originating from and add them to Connection Filtering's Global Accept...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

Outlook 2003 Newsreader
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and...

Office assistant error...
Hi, Having an issue on a standardised platform of XP with Office 2000 (SR2) and Outlook 2003. Users experiencing an error when starting Office Assistant - "The office assistant could not be started." The recommendation is to repair the office installation. Have attempted this as well as a reinstallation of Office 2000 and Outlook 2003, all to no avail. The error is sporadic but is occuring often enough to warrant this post! Anybody out there got some suggestions? Cheers, Darren Kukulka Systems Manager Beacon Technology ...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

error messages
Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg add-ons and remove third party addons . I have also ran the complete scan to locate the problem but the problem still exists. "Cottontop" <Cottontop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8C3F3F-FD22-4D34-9A8E-48C23567FFAD@microsoft.com... > Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and > send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg > add-ons >...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

Error in Detailed Sales Report
Dear All, Have you encountered a strange scenario wherein in your shop you have sold 1 item in that particular invoice/receipt # but when it got connected and process the WS401 and when you run the detailed report in HQ level , it was added up with some items which is not in the original shop transactions. Example.. Store A Trx # item Qty 1023 apple 2 in HQ Store Trx# Item Qty A 1023 apple 2 A 1023 orange 3 A 1023 banana 2 Which in the store A transaction, those items where not in that trasaction but somehow when it was connected and process...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Installation of KB970430 Failed, Error 800B0100
Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. jtm wrote: > Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received > error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an > apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. Suggest you clean boot Vista and then try to run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) again: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in...

E-mail Tracking 2003
I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the option to not send "read receipts" - can this be disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails - they are very unhappy about the recipient having an option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook 2003. Jane Jane wrote: > I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the > option to not send "read receipts" - can this be > disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on > getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-m...