Exchange 2003 ADC problems

Hi,

I have the following situation....

We have multiple Exchange 5.5 sites being migrated to one Exchange 2K3
organisation (called Localmail).

The first server in the 2K3 org (which had the CA Config agreement) and
also the connection agreement to the EX5.5 server (in Localmail) has
died and there is no suitable backup for recovery.

I need to remove the connections from this dead server. I cannot remove
the CA Config agreement - there is no delete option for this
connection. If I try to modify the Config CA connection to run on
another Exchange 2003 box in the Localmail org I get the c103aa1d error
- unable to contact the server.

How should I proceed with this? 

Cheers,

0
6/14/2006 4:09:04 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
444 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

I believe you'll have to consider using ADSIedit to remove the references to 
the CA. However, I would probably recommend a call to PSS to get this issue 
resolved.

Nue
"Scott" <scott.english@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1150301344.916279.13150@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have the following situation....
>
> We have multiple Exchange 5.5 sites being migrated to one Exchange 2K3
> organisation (called Localmail).
>
> The first server in the 2K3 org (which had the CA Config agreement) and
> also the connection agreement to the EX5.5 server (in Localmail) has
> died and there is no suitable backup for recovery.
>
> I need to remove the connections from this dead server. I cannot remove
> the CA Config agreement - there is no delete option for this
> connection. If I try to modify the Config CA connection to run on
> another Exchange 2003 box in the Localmail org I get the c103aa1d error
> - unable to contact the server.
>
> How should I proceed with this?
>
> Cheers,
> 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/14/2006 4:21:49 PM
how about this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282061/en-us

Nuevo wrote:
> I believe you'll have to consider using ADSIedit to remove the references to
> the CA. However, I would probably recommend a call to PSS to get this issue
> resolved.
>
> Nue
> "Scott" <scott.english@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1150301344.916279.13150@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the following situation....
> >
> > We have multiple Exchange 5.5 sites being migrated to one Exchange 2K3
> > organisation (called Localmail).
> >
> > The first server in the 2K3 org (which had the CA Config agreement) and
> > also the connection agreement to the EX5.5 server (in Localmail) has
> > died and there is no suitable backup for recovery.
> >
> > I need to remove the connections from this dead server. I cannot remove
> > the CA Config agreement - there is no delete option for this
> > connection. If I try to modify the Config CA connection to run on
> > another Exchange 2003 box in the Localmail org I get the c103aa1d error
> > - unable to contact the server.
> >
> > How should I proceed with this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

0
johnlan (41)
6/14/2006 5:04:47 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info.

The KB has done the trick and I now have the connection agreements
moved to another server in the org.

I cant remove SRS for the dead server (error c0070035 - Network path
was not found) so I guess I'll have to take care of that with ADSIEdit.


Cheers,

Scott

strongline wrote:
> how about this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282061/en-us
>
> Nuevo wrote:
> > I believe you'll have to consider using ADSIedit to remove the references to
> > the CA. However, I would probably recommend a call to PSS to get this issue
> > resolved.
> >
> > Nue
> > "Scott" <scott.english@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1150301344.916279.13150@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have the following situation....
> > >
> > > We have multiple Exchange 5.5 sites being migrated to one Exchange 2K3
> > > organisation (called Localmail).
> > >
> > > The first server in the 2K3 org (which had the CA Config agreement) and
> > > also the connection agreement to the EX5.5 server (in Localmail) has
> > > died and there is no suitable backup for recovery.
> > >
> > > I need to remove the connections from this dead server. I cannot remove
> > > the CA Config agreement - there is no delete option for this
> > > connection. If I try to modify the Config CA connection to run on
> > > another Exchange 2003 box in the Localmail org I get the c103aa1d error
> > > - unable to contact the server.
> > >
> > > How should I proceed with this?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >

0
6/15/2006 9:45:52 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

multiple Domain name delivery problem
hi, I currently have Exchange Server 2003 Build 7638:2 SP2,. We have multiple domain names being delivered to the exchange store. I have nothad any problems, but i currently have one user that is not receiving emails with attachments from one certain "internet" sender to one of her email addresses, but the other address works fine & if they send emails without attachments, everything works fine from either address. I have had the user send them message with attachments to me & the user with the problem & i get the message, but not the other user! I even use message...

Exchange update problem
I have tried to upgrade exch2k3 sp1 to sp2, but the update fails with "the file pcproxy.dll is in use, and setup cannot identify the app or srvc. setup cannot continue" Any clues/ideas/suggestions? Please. -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not ...

docmd.transfertext problem
Hi, I am using access 97 and tried to import a csv file to the mdb table. I run a code as following: DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Specification4", "input", DEFAULT_PATH & "online.txt", 1 In online.txt, there is a field which is 10 digit number and I specified it as a double datatype in the specification4. After the import, I found out that the 10 digit number data in the field get empty in the destined table while other fields are all right. Therefore I import manually using specification4 instead of running code. This time the 1...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"
Hi, We are testing Outlook 2003 at our office now and there is one very frustrating "feature" that is bugging all of us. When we create a new e-mail message and type in the first name of a person from the global address book and hit ctrl- k to check the name...we get a response that Outlook doesn't recognize the name and there are "no suggestions". The only way Check Name will successfully resolve the name is if we type it last name first (ie, Gates, Bill). This was not the case in Office XP or Outlook 2000. You could search by first name (or partial first name)...

SQL deadlock problem
I am currently having a big issue with sql deadlocking on the PrincipalObjectAccess table. The last few months I have been working on a synchronization process using a Biztalk orchestration. The sync uses the crm webservices to create and update account and contact records in CRM. But now deployment to the production environment gives me some problems. It seems that when trying to update account records (which is one of the first actions in the sync process) the webservice gives me Generic SQL errors and SQL timeouts. After extensive profiling and tracing in SQL I found that there are...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003
Hello, I am not familiar with newsgroups but I hope it is a forum to seek assistance. I am unable to reach MS support via email from my home computer on this issue. My Money 2003 requires a net passport password to open my account in Money that I have successfully accessed for approximately 12 months. It does not recognize my password now. I have attempted several times with my existing password, changed my net passport password, even uninstalled and re- installed MS Money 2003 to gain access to my account. Nothing has worked. Each time it states I have failed to enter the corr...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2
I get this message when I look in System information. Outlook keeps crashing quite often. I cannot for example delete two messages without outlook crashing. My colleagues do not have this problem. We are using the Microsoft mail exhange server. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.5606.0, stamp 3f334cce, debug? 0, fault address 0x003b6e16. Does anyone has a solution?=20 Best regards/ Bj=F6rn 1) I would definitely apply Service Pack 2for Office 2003 + applicable critical security updates. 2) Have you tried starting O...

Exchange 2003 new install can not receive external email.
I have just setup a new Windows Server 2003 standard edition with Exchange 2003 standard edition on it. I have been working for a while trying to get it to receive external email. I can send out and send/ receive internal messages, but when someone trys to send me a message from outside our network they get the following returned mail message This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason: Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected. Recipient: <**...

"The connection to the Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"
I have setup a number of user accounts and the relative mailboxes without any problem. However, since this afternoon, if I try and connect to a newly mailbox through the email accounts wizard I get the following error message: "The connection to the Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". This also occurs when I go to File>Open>Other User's Folder... and I try and lookup an existing account/mailbox that I know I have permission to. I know Outlook is connected to the Exchange server (I can ping, send and receive emails) ...

[Exchange 2003] Mail enabled public folder and sender address
I have a Windows 2003 domain with a native mode Exchange 2003 organization; there are some mail enabled public folders. When a user replies to a message in a public folder, the outgoing mail's sender address is the user's one; I want it to be the public folder's one, or at least I'd like the "reply-to" address to be set to the public folder's. How can I accomplish this? Thanks Massimo You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the public folder. By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, the PF is not composing the ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, we have one client pc with Outlook 2003 where the following problem occurs: if a mail is replied from a user created sub folder of the inbox, the reply will not appear in sent mails, but will end up in the same sub folder, sender and recipient appear as identical. The mail goes out properly though, it's just that Outlook sets internally sender = recipient and bounces the reply back to the subfolder in which the original mail is stored. This happens on a Win 2000 machine with SP4 and all updates, the other clients use Outlook 2000 or XP and there is no such problem. There are no ru...

Strange Access Denied Problem with Windows 7
I got a new computer about six months ago that came with Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. Before that I had done all of my .NET development either on an XP Pro VM or my former XP Pro computer at home. Shortly after getting my new computer at home, I also got a license for VMWare to be able to test my software on multiple platforms and configurations. I had wrote an application originally in VB.NET that was a simple backup utility. It supports mutiple backup configurations. Any given copnfiguration would define a backup which would be a list of files to backup, a list of folders to ...

Install Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardware with same name
I got a new server to move my Exchange Server Installation. I want to keep the name I'm using now for my Server. Already read TechNet Article "How to Move Exchange Server 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same Server Name". Is there anything else that I should be aware of that is not on this TechNet article? I'm using a different Disk Configuration, does this matters? Should this be a smooth process? Thanks for any help you can give. The drive letters MUST match, because the paths of the databases are at the Active Directory. The disks can have different sizes than the or...

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup
I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition server. Whenever I reboot, the IMAP4 Virtual server does not start back up. I have to go into Exchange System Manager and manually start it. How do I make it start automatically? Tim How is the service set up - to start manually or automatically? Also, I'd check the dependencies the service has. It may be that it's trying to start before the other services have completed starting. Missy "Tim" <tjc7546@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u14PBseFFHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... I have an E2k3 SP1 enterprise edition serve...

Addressing within Exchange 2003
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We setup an MX record for a external email(alumni.cup.edu) these mailboxes do not exist within our exchange org. But when we send email to these externals email mailboxes we are getting the following NDRs: #5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox unavailable. #5.4.0 Is there a way in exchange to ignore these email address so that we don't get the NDR from within our Exchange Org? On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:08:02 -0700, Sabo, Eric <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2. We setup an MX record for a external >email(alumni.cup.edu...

how do i add "Software Digrams" Folder in my Visio 2003
how do i add software diags folder in visio 2003 version. Like if i go to File->New it shows folders like brainstorming, project schedule, block diagrams but in my case its missing the Software Diags folder which contains activity diags, web mock ups, use case diags etc. please let me know how to get that template. thanks. Ankur What edition of Visio are you using? Check by going to the About Microsoft Office Visio dialog from the Help menu. "Ankur" <Ankur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0D10BF0-A059-4A9C-B615-B99F3916F4E5@microsoft.com... > how...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...
OK, this is driving me nuts. I note that w' 2003 (and XP (2002)?) the default install sets the startup folder to the Inbox. IIRC, one of the earlier Offices installed Outlook to startup w' that "all in one view" - Outlook Today. So just as a wee test - I thought I'd try that for a while, and indeed I found it quite handy to be able to see all pertinent data on the one screen. *However* (and I'm wondering if this is the case with others), I *HAVE* to use my mouse, whenever I switch to the Inbox, or Calendar, or Tasks to get the damn focus onto a 'sujbect&...

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Border problems
Not sure why all of a sudden all my borders in my tables created with Publisher can only be white. No other color will show when selected. Opening a pub file done on another computer where the borders show color, shows white only. I have attempted to do a repair on publisher, which gave no help. Have attempted to uninstalled and reinstall Publisher without clearing the problem. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Look in the Accessibility Options in the control panel, display tab, disable "use high contrast." If that doesn't solve the issue, read the third FAQ here....

Exchange 2007 across account search
Does Exchange 2007 has an option to search all users mail for keywords? That all SBS workgroup users can search for messages to/from all other users. Is there any advanced indexing system to speed up search results? Thanks! On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:22:12 +0200, "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote: >Does Exchange 2007 has an option to search all users mail for keywords? >That all SBS workgroup users can search for messages to/from all other >users. >Is there any advanced indexing system to speed up search results? > >Thanks! > Bunch of ...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003
I am trying to import messages from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003. I am receiving the error message "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close and try again. No other applications are running Thanks for any help see article 257354 of the microsoft knowledge base on http://support.microsoft.com: "Outlook Cannot Import Eudora Messages When Eudora Mail Is Stored in a Non-Default Location" ciaos >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import messages from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003. I am receiving the error message ...

Excel Problem
I have a 23.8 meg excel 2000 spreadsheet set for manual calculation saved to my local hard drive. Every time I try to open it, it takes forver and sometimes never opens but I do not get any error messages, let me just tell you that I am running a P4, 1 GB memory, Office 2K with SP3, and nothing else running when I try to open it. As I said it is set for manual calculation, and it is cleared to not auto calculate when opening or closing. Any idea's as to why this is happening? -- Todd I don't know why you're having this problem but I would like to point something out for w...

SOAP Exception
Hi, In my C# code, I have defined a Map object which is sent as part of a request to a web service, here's an extract of the part of the code: - Map map = new Map(); map.item = new mapItem[4] { new mapItem(), new mapItem(), new mapItem(), new mapItem() }; ................. But when I submit the request containing the Map object, the compiler throws an error with the following message:- org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer for {http://xml.apache.org/ xml-soap}...

DNS Error on Exchange
I am getting the following error on my Exchange server. What is my problem? Thanks. Event Type: Warning Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2012 Date: 1/28/2005 Time: 12:01:53 PM User: N/A Computer: PUMA Description: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '24.220.0.11'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: d5 04 00 00 Õ... Is that a DNS server that's configured on your Exchange box? It shoul...