Exchange 2003 AD Properties not Showing up in W2k Domain ADUC.

We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3.
After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other
checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user
properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active
Directory User and Computers.
I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC
settings...?
Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up
on the Windows 2000 Server DC's?

Thx in advance...
0
Jason4159 (666)

On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:07:03 -0700, jason
<jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3.
>After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other
>checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user
>properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active
>Directory User and Computers.
>I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC
>settings...?
>Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up
>on the Windows 2000 Server DC's?
>
>Thx in advance...

You haven't missed anything.
If you really want to do this on a DC then you need to install the
Exchange System Manager onto the DC.

Well, actually, there are a few core files and a chunk of reg edits
you can do instead but I a) don't have the link to that and b)
wouldn't recommend doing something "non standard" on a DC, whether you
have more than one of them or not.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/31/2006 6:14:28 PM
Jason,

You will be able to see the Exchange Tabs on all systems that you have the
ESM (Exchange System Management) console installed.  This change was made to
keep non-Exchange Admins from making Exchange modifications.  This is new for
E2k3.  This was not the case for E2k.

Hope this helps.

"jason" wrote:

> We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3.
> After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other
> checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user
> properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active
> Directory User and Computers.
> I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC
> settings...?
> Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up
> on the Windows 2000 Server DC's?
>
> Thx in advance...
Thanks for the quick responses!
I did find the link to the .dll hack for this in other posts..
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2006/03/managing-mailboxes-in-aduc-without.html

On a side note, when I move the mailboxes over to the 03 server from 5.5,
does it "defrag" the mailbox? If not, is it recommended to run a eseutil /d
on the 5.5 ispriv prior to doing this in order to shrink the size?

Thx

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:07:03 -0700, jason
> <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3.
> >After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other
> >checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user
> >properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active
> >Directory User and Computers.
> >I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC
> >settings...?
> >Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up
> >on the Windows 2000 Server DC's?
> >
> >Thx in advance...
>
> You haven't missed anything.
> If you really want to do this on a DC then you need to install the
> Exchange System Manager onto the DC.
>
> Well, actually, there are a few core files and a chunk of reg edits
> you can do instead but I a) don't have the link to that and b)
> wouldn't recommend doing something "non standard" on a DC, whether you
> have more than one of them or not.

0
Jason4159 (666)
5/31/2006 6:40:02 PM
eseutil in defrag mode removes only whitespace...not necessary to do this
before moving mailboxes to 2003...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"jason" <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the quick responses!
> I did find the link to the .dll hack for this in other posts..

http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2006/03/managing-mailboxes-in-aduc-withou
t.html

> On a side note, when I move the mailboxes over to the 03 server from 5.5,
> does it "defrag" the mailbox? If not, is it recommended to run a eseutil
/d
> on the 5.5 ispriv prior to doing this in order to shrink the size?
>
> Thx
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:07:03 -0700, jason
> > <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3.
> > >After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all
other
> > >checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC
for user
> > >properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the
Active
> > >Directory User and Computers.
> > >I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC
ADUC
> > >settings...?
> > >Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to
show up
> > >on the Windows 2000 Server DC's?
> > >
> > >Thx in advance...
> >
> > You haven't missed anything.
> > If you really want to do this on a DC then you need to install the
> > Exchange System Manager onto the DC.
> >
> > Well, actually, there are a few core files and a chunk of reg edits
> > you can do instead but I a) don't have the link to that and b)
> > wouldn't recommend doing something "non standard" on a DC, whether you
> > have more than one of them or not.

0
sconkey (3059)

Exchange 2000 Database Name
I'm trying to run a repair on my Exchange 2000 database (eseutil.exe). It is asking for the database name. How do I know what is the database name? Pull up properties on it in ESM - click the database tab. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Sam" <sam_nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uNh9Joq...

How can I update the data listed in the combo box to show the most
I have a Database where tables are linked back to the master data tables. The main entry/edit form has a section (as shown) the new Carer record is entered using a separate form then the detail is called from the main form using a combo box. My problem is that the newly entered Carer data does not appear in the list of carers. F9 does not work, closing and re-opening the main form does not work. When I check the item is listed in the Carer table. My question is how can I update the data listed in the combo box to show the most recent record. I would be really grate...

Removing Windows 2000 SBS Server from domain
Hi All, I've heard some horror stories about removing Windows 2000 SBS server from the domain. The machine is legacy, does not run exchange. Only runs SQL server for a legacy app. All the roles have been transfered to another domain controller for over a year. I am looking at the easiest way to demote this computer without removing it from the domain. We are looking to put Exchange 2010 in the domain and we cannot do this with this server being a domain controller. Any advice appreciated. You're outta luck. SBS (all versions) _must_ be a DC and hold all FSMO ...

Exchange information Store Corruption
I have an information store (priv1.edb) that seems to corrupt weekly. I am running SBS 2003 sp1, exchange 2003 sp2, running on a dell 1500 sc, Perc3sc raid controller in a raid 5 configuration (5 drives, 2 x36gig 10000rpm, 3 x 36gig 15000rpm). I am at a loss as to explain why this is happening, the priv1.edb file is slightly over 1 gig in size, i am on occasion able to repair using eseutil, but then other times it is not repairable. I have worked with microsoft on one occasion and the end result was to recreate a new store and start over. We did so (at great inconveniance), worked f...

Adding interest payments to existing IRA accounts
I can not find location to add monthly interest payments to my IRA accounts. I am NOT adding investment money just interest. This is a very frustrating unfriendly program to try and use especially since there appears to be no book to go along with it. Quickbooks is a terrific program but does not allow household and business dual applications. Anyone have any other suggestions? Assuming the IRA is setup as an investment cash account, enter a transaction for Investment Income:Interest or similar category. If it's from, say, a money market fund that's setup as a investment and is...

a/p checks and unclaimed property
I have found some ideas 1 incr adj for the check(s) amount then mark the checks as clear on the next recon 2 void the checks enter credits to fully apply the invoices document either well enought to satisfy audit requirements Am i missing an easier way the end result is we will be cutting a check to the state for unclaimed property Be careful with this. Many states require you to send the amount to them, its called escheat laws so you may have to send the amounts to your state if the outstanding AP meets certain guidelines. In that case, the expense stays but you'll need to void/cred...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder Limit
Hi, I have a folder in our public folders that I use to post documents. It will not allow me to post more than 100 documents in this folder. I have 120 documents that I am trying to insert into the message but it always fails at document 101 with the message " the operation failed". All combined documents are only 3 megabytes and my limit is 20 megabytes so it is not a "storage limit". I've tested it in several different ways, folders,types ect. and it always fails at document 101. Somewhere in there is a limit of 100 on how many attachments you ...

Highlight (yellow) not available in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2002, when I sought to edit an email using Word as my editor, I had Highlight (yellow) available on my Formatting toolbar. Now I'm using Outlook 2003 and I don't have Highlight (yellow) available. Why did it disappear? Is it not available in Outlook 2003. If it is, how do I get it on my Formatting toolbar. Note: I just reviewed Janet Acklen's Absolute Beginners Guide to WP11 text for our computer club newsletter. I'd be happy to send her a copy, and I'd certainly value her response to this email! Um, what does WordPerfect have to do with Outlook? Just ...

How to show actual values in a pivot grap/table
Hi Can anyone help me with this - I can't get it working. I have at data list like the following Month Week Day New Working Standby 10 44 29 0 0 0 10 44 30 6 1 0 10 44 31 6 1 0 11 44 1 6 1 0 11 44 2 6 2 0 11 44 3 5 2 0 Where New, Working, Standby, ... are a track of the current numbers of each of these states. What I want is to put these data into a PivotTable/graph showing the progress of these states: Data Month Week Count of New Count of Working 10 40 13 13 41 14 14 42 14 14 43 14 14 44 7 7 10 Total 62 62 11 44 7 7 45 14 14 46 14 14 47 14 14 48 11 11 11 Total 60 60 1...

Same internal/external domain name
We recently installed SBS2008 into our office. Our internal domain is example.local and our external website domain hosted through GoDaddy is example.com. Since the domain is the same for both we are not able to access our external website. I know this has to do with DNS not being required to look it up outside of the network. My question is how can I force it to look up and access our external web site. Do I have to create a split DNS or can i simply just forward the address with a new DNS record? "MCHECK14" <MCHECK14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Outlook 2003, file extension
The file extensions have been stripped from my incoming mail attachments. Is there a fix? It is affection all mail sorces: ie. aol, earthlink, msn, jusno. etc. Hi TCF, maybe this could help, the outlook tuner FREEWARE http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#11 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "TCF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c32e01c47a3b$0fa1d620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The file extensions have been strippe...

Multiple Domains 1 Exchange 2003 server
This is a little odd and I am growing frustrated, perhaps someone here has a solution. I have one Exchange 2003 server with 2 domain names for emails. Setting this up was simple enough and people get emails to both domains. Here is the problem we are having. Joe has two email addresses, joe@abc.com and joe@xyz.com. joe@abc is the default. Now an outside person sends Joe an email @abc.com. It bounces back with the error: RCPT TO generated following response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for joe@abc.com However if this same person send an email to joe@xyz.com it works fine. Let me also point out ...

FORM and ACTION stripped in OWA 2003
Our company has a product that sends out form-like emails. Users fill out the information in the email, press a submit button, and their responses are recorded on our server. This works find with most mail clients, including Outlook 2000 and 2003. However, in OWA 2003, it appears that the FORM and ACTION elements are stripped from the email, so the forms don't work. Is there any way to modify the behavior of OWA2003 with respect to which html verbs are blocked? Sample code from the emails is shown below: <form name="payments" method="get" action="htt...

Exchange 2007: pop3 connector
What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by my Exchange 2007? Thanks On 9 Dec 2006 16:52:38 -0800, "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >What can I use best for downloading internet mail that is processed by >my Exchange 2007? >Thanks Well, SMTP direct delivery is best and it's best to deliver it to an Edge Server but if you have no choice but to go with Pop3 then any of the existing connectors are fine, such as POPCON and POPBeamer, because they take the Pop3 and deliver it as SMTP to Exchange. Thank you for the advice. I use a pop c...

2003 to 2000 security question
To make a long story short I am trying to work with our Quality department to get all of our quality records available on a shared drive. To do this we need to make sure that they cannot be modified. Currently Office 2003 (specifically Excel) has the security needed to prevent users from copying the form to another Excel worksheet or workbook and making modifications. However, if the same file is opened in an earlier version of Excel, the same security does not function and the cells can be copied and then modified. Is there a way i can prevent this from happening with out having to ...

Exchange 2000 Journaling/Monitoring
I am doing some research an an e-mail archiving system and need to determine how much mail is coming/going on my server. I am aware of the Exchange Message Journaling capability, but I really don't need to capture everything at this time. I just need to know how much data there is. Any easy way to do this? Thanks! So you want to find out how many messages your server is processing, correct? There are several perfmon counters that should help you here. Unfortunately, you're going to find that native reporting capabilities here are virtually non-existant. Aside from revie...

Exchange Snap-in
Hi All, I was wondering if there was a way to enable the Exchange 2000 server snap-in for MMC on a Windows 2000 Professional workstation. If so, how would I go about doing this? Thanks Vu One of the prerequisites is the Microsoft Windows 2000 Adminpak, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261177 Also see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289835 As long as you meet the prerequisites you should be able install Exchange System Manager on a Windows 2000 Professional box. Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Nu2Exchange" <Nu2Exchange@discussions...

Re: Outlook 2003 Losing Configuration on Logout/Reboot
Windows XP Pro SP3. Outlook 2003 (SP3?). Windows SBS 2008 Premium Domain with Roaming Profiles & Folder Redirection. Seemingly at random, when I create new users on the server, then go and set them up on their workstations, I'll get one user who's Outlook 2003 keeps being wiped clean of all configuration settings after every logout or reboot. Once it starts happening, it will always be the same user, the same workstation, every reboot, every logout/login. Outlook will start up, run the installation wizard, then the configuration (first-run) wizard. I can go and pull up th...

Moving Exchange accounts in 2000
I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of those accounts believe they are on an Exchange 5.5 server that no longer exists. Using AD I cannot delete or move the exchange part of these accounts unless I delete the account entirely, which I don't wish to do, does anyone know of a way to cancel out the Exchange settings on those accounts? On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:15:03 -0700, "Fate_of_Tai-Eliel" <Fate_of_Tai-Eliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of >those ...

Sales Payment not showing on Invoice
A payment was entered for a sales transaction entry, but the invoice is not showing it and it only shows the original charges and total without the payment. The payment shows in the Sales Payment Entry window and I see the check number and the document number for the payment received, but the payment document does not appear anywhere else. I wend to apply sales documents and I dont see it. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks, Hector When transferring an order to an invoice you have the option to include totals and deposits. You probably forgot to select these checkmarks. If you tr...

Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 on Exchange and would like to grant permissions to about 25 folders in my Mailbox. Will I need to change the property settings for each folder or is there a more efficient method? If the latter, are there any other suggestions on how to provide access? You would have to set the permissions on each folder. Be advised however that if you create a new folder, sets its permissions, any new subfolder under said "new folder" will inherit permissions*. /neo * tested by creating new folders. not sure how this would play out in regards to moving existing ...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

Error During Downloading Messages in Outlook 2003
I am connected to an exchange server and all of a sudden i receive the following error 'Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I looked at the article that one of the gentleman sent me however thats for a POP3 account and i am using an exchange server. Hope someone can help. Best Regards ...

Visio 2003: 2-D arrows and text orientation
I'd like to be able to rotate the text displayed on a 2-D arrow shape relative to the shape itself. Does anyone know how to do this? On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:35:34 -0400, "Mister Scary" <daniel_newhouse@earthlink.net> wrote: >I'd like to be able to rotate the text displayed on a 2-D arrow shape >relative to the shape itself. Does anyone know how to do this? with the shape selected, on the toolbar, select the small down arrow next to the Text Tool and select the Text Block Tool, the text area on the line will now not only be highlighted by green blocks but ...

Sent Items Not Syncing with Exchange
I have recently re-installed O2k3 on a laptop. My offline Sent items have not updated fully in the 4 weeks since I have installed it. At the moment it has only updated through December 10th of 2003. Every time I do a manual Send/Recieve it will take 4 or 5 more messages and then stop syncing... Is there any way I can get it to sync all the files? Oh, Exchange version 5.5 at the moment.... Are there any errors listed in the Sync folder? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slip...