Exchange 2003 - Ability to Create Global Signatures Run by AD

Dear MS,

Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via
Exchagne 2003 that would pull a users information from AD and populate the
signature directly?  We would like to streamline what our employees
signatures look like and control it from one place.

If this is already possible, please post back with instructions.

Best Regards,

Mike
ISO Group
0
ISOMike (2)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:44:02 -0700, ISO Mike
<ISOMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear MS,
>
>Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via
>Exchagne 2003 that would pull a users information from AD and populate the
>signature directly?  We would like to streamline what our employees
>signatures look like and control it from one place.
>
>If this is already possible, please post back with instructions.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Mike
>ISO Group

That's a little naive on your behalf of how users operate. If you get
Exchange or Outlook to do this you will simply find that the users
just do something on their own and your receipients end up with two
signatures.
Whilst I may well sympathise with your request and certainly can't and
would never even attempt to speak for MS, I think the development
effort in this would be pointless, given what the users would end up
doing and the limited value customers would get from it.

Just my 2p.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/19/2006 7:33:29 PM

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:44:02 -0700, ISO Mike
> <ISOMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Dear MS,
> >
> >Could you please add the ability to create a default company signature via
> >Exchagne 2003 that would pull a users information from AD and populate the
> >signature directly?  We would like to streamline what our employees
> >signatures look like and control it from one place.
> >
> >If this is already possible, please post back with instructions.
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >
> >Mike
> >ISO Group
>
> That's a little naive on your behalf of how users operate. If you get
> Exchange or Outlook to do this you will simply find that the users
> just do something on their own and your receipients end up with two
> signatures.
> Whilst I may well sympathise with your request and certainly can't and
> would never even attempt to speak for MS, I think the development
> effort in this would be pointless, given what the users would end up
> doing and the limited value customers would get from it.
>
> Just my 2p.

Naive?  You can use group policy to disable a users ability to change/add
signature elements.  A standardized company signature gives a company a more
appealing look, not to mention the benefits of being able to change address,
telephone, extension, etc information in one location instead of relying on
your employees to make the updates themselves individually....and I dont even
want to get into trying to teach non-technical employees how to create/change
a signature and implement it....

0
ISOMike (2)