Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 connection

I have 2 Exchange orgs that need to be connected to each other.

One is Exchange 2000 the other is 2003. They are in different sites.

Is there a reference somewhere that will provide all the steps neccessary to
connect them together?

0
Nospam618 (1)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:04:36 -0400, "Mr. Lee" <Nospam@email.net>
wrote:

>I have 2 Exchange orgs that need to be connected to each other.
>
>One is Exchange 2000 the other is 2003. They are in different sites.
>
>Is there a reference somewhere that will provide all the steps neccessary to
>connect them together?

If you have two organisations then why not just let DNS do the
resolution and routing?
You don't really need to configure anything on the Exchange, even if
you need to create a forward lookup zone and MX/A records on your
local DNS in case you have internal IPs and want to get the mail
between servers without doing external resolutions.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Cannot close archive.pst folder in Outlook 2003
When attempting to close "Archive Folders" (archive.pst) after running "Archive", I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found" every time. No other info comes up. Outlook 2003 SP2 (part of Office 2033 Pro), default security mode, up to date on updates. tgbonzo@bellsouth.net <tgbonzo@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When attempting to close "Archive Folders" (archive.pst) after running > "Archive", I get the error message "The operation failed. An object > could not be found" every time. No ...

cant connect Msdn to visual studio
Hi, I install visual studio 6 SP6 and after that I install MSDN help July 2002 but I cant open the MSDN from visual studio and when I press F1 (for help) I just get a message box that saying MSDN not install Why??? I can open the MSDN directly bun not through visual studio-6 can I fix that??? Thanks. "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:Oj%23g4DOdEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I install visual studio 6 SP6 and after that I install MSDN help July 2002 > but I cant open the MSDN from visual studio and when I press F1 (for help) I > just ge...

Outlook 2003 Painfully Slow!
After installing Outlook 2003, use of Outlook became painfully slow. True, I do have a large .pst file 500,000. Even simple things like moving an email to another file folder takes forever and I get little messages like "Outlook 2003 Preparing View"! Why, Outlook use to be instantaneous. What is the answer to this? If no answer, what do I have to do to remove Outlook 2003. Pete McAlpine ...

I am trying to connect web page to excel but buttons are displaye.
I am trying to connect the web page to excel through new web query get external data, the page is displayed with HTML format but the buttons are not displayed, can anyone please let me know how can i see the button? is it possible in excel? Thank you ...

Exchange server down or http service is disable
Hi all, i have exchange server 5.5 at winnt 4. Now i find the mesg popup "Exchange server down or http service is disable" after i login the OWA. This event only appear at the IE. use the default langage in English. At Chinese langage is not appear this problem.........please advice Try the steps in this article and see if this is the problem 180417 XWEB: Error Message: Sorry! The Microsoft Exchange Server Is Down http://support.microsoft.com/?id=180417 216377 XWEB: Error - Sorry! The Exchange Server is Down When Using Address Book http://support.microsoft.com/?id=216377 Hop...

outlook 2000 #125
I cannot open pictures(attachments) e-mailed to me. I was able to a few months ago, but something happened that I now can't. ...

filter rows rather than columns in Excel 2003?
can this be done? I have 12 entries in a row...need the top 10 averaged, lowest 2 discarded. Lynne, I haven't found a filter row solution yet, but this may help to start with anyways. Select your data and choose to copy it, but instead of just pasting it, do a paste special and choose the checkbox at the bottom to "transpose". That will take your row format and change it to a column format that you can then use autofilter on. When you're done, you can do the same thing in reverse. Copy the data and Paste Special and transpose again. Hope this helps as at least a t...

Publisher 2003 hangs when publishing website
I'm trying to publish a site to the web using Publish 2003 and the system hangs. There is a Publisher web design newsgroup. microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing Publisher web publications How to trouble-shoot Publisher web upload issues http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/category/1921.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "holvee" <holvee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95C3A716-35D0-43F4-B865-F81353745940@microsoft.com... >...

Poor performance over VPN connection
Hi We have a CRM 4 Professional deployment installed in the following environment: CRM Server (Xenon Dual Core, 4GB RAM) -> Windows Server 2008 Standard 32bit, CRM 4 Professional, UR 6 SQL Server (Xenon Dual Core, 4GB RAM) -> Windows Server 2008 Standard 32bit, SQL Server 2008 Standard, Reporting Services, SSRS DataConnector Within the local network CRM performance is very good (load of account form <1s). But when our users establish a VPN connection to the corporate network the performance of CRM isn't acceptable anymore (load of account form 8 - 10s). The users access CR...

Back up Client List in Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Exchange
Hi, I hope I am now in the correct group to get an answer. I posted as follows and received the following answer to get me to this group (I believe): May I ask for any assistance with the question and thank you in advance for it. Lynd Subject: Re: outlook 2003 public folders of custom list From: "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> Sent: 6/9/2004 5:25:18 AM 1) This sounds like a question for the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group, since it involves backing up your server store 2) I am not clear on whether the Client Contact List folder is in a user&#...

Installation of Outlook 2003 to Dell Inspiron Mini 10 fails
I have a new Dell Inspiron Mini 10 netbook - I need to have Outlook in order to activesync my Pocket PC - I have a disk and product key for Outlook 2003 - when I try to load this - all starts well until after I enter the product key - then I get a message saying the installation can not proceed as the source has been corrupted. There's nothing wrong with the disk as it loads on my other PC. The operating system is XP home edition. I have to transfer the disk contents on a flash memory stick or plug in hard drive as the Dell has no disk drive. Help - any solution? Thanks ...

Adding an Excel add-in (*.XLL) on Terminal Server (running office 2003)
I notice this problem only occurs with Office 2003 on terminal server. (I've tried Office 2003 on W2k server and W2K3 server) Problem: * Open up Excel. * Go to Tools -> Add-Ins and add our company's add-in with a .XLL extension. * Close off Excel to make the add-in "stick". * Open up Execel and get this message. "This file is not reconiziable format. Blah Blah Blah " 1) I tried adding the add-in with Office 2003 on a NON- terminal server machine and it works fine. 2) I tried adding the add-in with Office 2000 on a terminal server machine and...

Moving VBA from 2003 to 2010
Self-taught macro writer. My workplace just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010, and much of my VBA code is now broken. So far, I've learned that all my custom toolbars are gone (I think that's what I've learned) my PERSONAL.XLS has gone AWOL Analysis ToolPak - VBA doesn't seem to be happy AND: msnews.microsoft.com went away :-( Some of my code is working just fine; some I'm still trying to figure out how to get to. I've just spent most of today trying to find information with limited success (likely due to my not really knowing where to look, or...

OWA on Exchange 2003 #2
Can you install the OWA on a separate server? Thanks OWA for E2000/2003 must run on an Exchange server. If you want, you can use a front-end/back-end config, but you'll need to build another Windows/Exchange server for this. In most small offices, it isn't worth it. im_tigerwoods wrote: > Can you install the OWA on a separate server? > > Thanks .... also worth noting is that even if you run OWA on an Exchange 2003 front-end server you will still get the old interface if you're connecting to an Exchange 2000 back-end. -GT "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <l...

Create a email list......outlook or exchange?
This is an odd questions...I think. Is there a way to use exchange to send mass emails to say 1000 users from an excel spreadsheet or an access database or do you have to use a 3rd party application to do so. All the recipients are voluntary and have asked to be emailed. There should be no complaints. Thanks, CB On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:29:01 -0700, "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is an odd questions...I think. >Is there a way to use exchange to send mass emails to say 1000 users from an >excel spreadsheet or an access database or do you have to...

can't see client-side rules when disconnected from exchange
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange server and with a separate POP3 account. When I create a rule to drop all my POP3 email in a specific folder, Outlook creates this rule as client-side, which is perfectly fine by me. However, when I go to Tools->Rules Wizard when I'm offline, Outlook tells me I have to be connected to the Exchange server to work with rules. Is there a way to have my client-side rules run (and for me to see them?) while I'm disconnected from the exchange server? I would like to have rules that run on my POP3 mail be independent of the Exchange server... is t...

Creating an Exchange mailbox in a child domain.
I am trying to add a mailbox to a user who is in a child domain. The parent domain is where the Exchange server is located. When I add the user's mailbox as a domain admin of the child domain, the wizard seems to work fine. I get a success I never see the mailbox created on the Exchange system however. The email doesn't work either Permissions seem to work just fine in the NEWLY created child domain, but the Exchange link apparently does not work Any suggestions? Do you have a Recipient Update Service that point to a DC in the child domain?: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...

DPM 2010RC breaking Exchange 2007
Good morning, Since using DPM 2010RC on our Exchange 2007 environment, am seeing various issues. For example, migrating a mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007... after 30 mins this fails (I am syncing every 30 mins from DPM). If I turn DPM agent off, this issue goes away. I am seeing something similar while protecting SQL too. The error I see in the exchange event log is id 482 Log Name: Application Source: ESE Date: 07/04/2010 08:56:16 Event ID: 482 Task Category: General Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A ...

Unable to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003
Hi, when I try to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003 an error message pops up saying: "....An earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter has been detected on this system and this earlier version must be uninstalled before applying Service Pack 2." but when I go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel I could not find any earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter installed. Can anyone please help me solving this problem ? thanks Install IMF version 1 and then de-install it again "KUMAIL" <KUMAIL@discussions.microsoft.com...

Disclaimer Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, Is there anyway or what is the simplest way of adding a disclaimer to Exchange 2003, in order that all outgoing emails are automatically setup with this? Many thanks and kind regards to all for your assistance, Jeff Jeff, While Exchange 12 will have transport rules that will enable much easier disclaimer usage. Exchange 2003 still relies on using event syncs on an internet mail connector. Plus there are with mail sent by MAPI clients in that the disclaimer isn't persistant on mails submitted in MAPI format. There are 3rd party tools - Exclaimer seems to be a popular choice...

Problem with "Name Box" in Excel 2003 charts
Hi, In the past, I could use the "Name Box" in Excel 2003 to select a particular data series or other objects in the chart. The Name Box used to contain a drop-down list with all the objects in the chart. Since several months ago, this feature went away: there is no longer a drop-down list with the various objects. I would like to know if anyone experienced the same problem and (more importantly) if there is a solution. Thanks, Gabriel The Name Box (which is part of the Formula Bar) is non-functional on my Excel 2003 as well. However, on the Chart Toolbar, there is a sim...

Exchange 2003 Native Mode and Notes Connector
Hello all. I wanted to do a quick head check before I pulled a trigger on a change I am making. I have a clean Exchange 2003 server installed into a domain that has no other Exchange servers. Running Lotus Notes and Domino currently in a Windows 2000 AD. I have set up and tested the Lotus Notes connector and Calendar Connector, both working fine, sending email back and forth between the two servers. I am ready to install a second server to house the actual user mailboxes and I was about to switch the server from Mixed Mode (default) to Native Mode, as we will only be using Exch...

Hyperlinking to Excel 2000 with a linked spreadsheet
We are hyperinking from our intranet to a spreadsheet with is linked to a second spreadsheet, when you first open the spreadsheet it works fine if you try to re-open the spreadsheet again after you have exited your browser the message that the linked spreadsheet is still open appears. There is no excel window open but in Task Manager there is an Excel.exe process running. Any ideas have I can automatically get the spreadsheet to close the linked sheet upon exiting? ...

OL 2003
My OL2003 is set up to have incoming messages go to the Inbox (or course) and replies go to the Sent folder. If I want to track a conversation on the same subject of the message, how can I show a conversation thread when messages are in different folders? Go to Find, leave the search field blank, choose your folders in Find In, click search. Once you have filtered all your messages by the folders, you can then View By Conversation to show all the threads. "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05a201c3b0a0$3150ca20$a301280a@phx.gbl... My OL2...

Automatic emailling of attachments
Hi Using Word and a scheduled task, I currently email a mail merged document from Word 2000, but the subject line gets set as one standard bit of text for each email sent. I would like to be able to set the subject to something more meaningful about the document attached (which, to all intents and purposes can be regarded as a 'works order', containing a date and customer). Ideally, I would like the date of the visit and the customer in the email subject. Having posted in the Word forums, the furthest I can get is to do the merge to separate documents in separate folders, and ...