Exchange 2000 SP3

When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server does not
populate the Exchange email address properties. I have applied all latest
service packs, hotfixes and applied policy, update the RUS and rebooted the
serverand stillno change.
0
Percy (17)

Percy wrote:
> When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server
> does not populate the Exchange email address properties. I have
> applied all latest service packs, hotfixes and applied policy, update
> the RUS and rebooted the serverand stillno change.

In the mailbox properties of each user, is "automatically update e-mail
addresses based on policy" unchecked for some reason?
Is this your default policy or another one you created?

0
lanwench (7567)
10/18/2004 1:39:48 PM
Thannks for th response. Yes all users have the setting checked off. The
additinal SMTP address is at the default policy level. I also tried creating
additinal policies and I get the same result - no change. Any other ideas are
greatly appreciated

"Percy" wrote:

> When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server does not
> populate the Exchange email address properties. I have applied all latest
> service packs, hotfixes and applied policy, update the RUS and rebooted the
> serverand stillno change.
0
Percy (17)
10/18/2004 2:43:03 PM
Percy wrote:
> Thannks for th response. Yes all users have the setting checked off.
> The additinal SMTP address is at the default policy level. I also
> tried creating additinal policies and I get the same result - no
> change. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated
>
> "Percy" wrote:
>
>> When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server
>> does not populate the Exchange email address properties. I have
>> applied all latest service packs, hotfixes and applied policy,
>> update the RUS and rebooted the serverand stillno change.

Anything in your app event logs?

0
lanwench (7567)
10/18/2004 4:32:33 PM
Nothing related to Exchange. Any other ideas?
Thanks!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Percy wrote:
> > Thannks for th response. Yes all users have the setting checked off.
> > The additinal SMTP address is at the default policy level. I also
> > tried creating additinal policies and I get the same result - no
> > change. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated
> >
> > "Percy" wrote:
> >
> >> When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server
> >> does not populate the Exchange email address properties. I have
> >> applied all latest service packs, hotfixes and applied policy,
> >> update the RUS and rebooted the serverand stillno change.
>
> Anything in your app event logs?

0
Percy (17)

Exchange 2007 Hub Transport Rule
Hi, I have created a new transport rule under Hub Transport in Exchange 2007 to filter out email messages which have an attachment containing pif extension in the file name. Apple rule to messages when any attachment file name contains ([A-Z,a-z,0-9]*\\.pif) prepend the subject with SPAM: and set the spam confidence level to 9 and send Delivery not authorized, message refused to sender with 5.7.1 Now even the the rule is enabled, it does not seem to be working. Can anyone tell me if the regular expression i have used for matching the file name is right? ([A-Z,a-z,0-9]*\\.pif) I...

exchanged archiving
We are archiving all messages to a separate 'message archiving' mailbox. I need to take messages offline and store in a separate file. I expected they could be saved in a .pst file, however this process does not work. Is there a way to export, or copy messages from our archive file to a separate file for offline storage? -- Phil ...

Digital Signature not recognized in Outlook 2000
What am I missing? If I send a signed email to an Outlook 2000 client, and then open that email on the client. Outlook does not flag it as having a digital signature. If I look at the header the MIME type is specified and the signature is included. If I send an encrypted and signed email to an outlook 2000 client, Outlook sees the encrypted email, and when I open the email the signature is also recognized. Anybody have any ideas? - ...

2 Exchange servers
I have 2 Exchange servers, not clustered. One of them does not have any mounted mailboxes but is on and the two servers see each other. The second server is for Disaster Recovery, and will have the mailboxes mounted in case of a disaster. I have 2 questions: First - For some reason, some users occasionally get a message in outlook that they are retrieving information from this second Exchage server. Why is that? Second - If I am going to test out this Disaster Recovery server, is there anything that I need to change in AD to "activate" that server or anything? Thanks, Dylan. ...

Full-Text
I am getting an error that says "Specified Module not to be found" when choosing full-text indexing tab in Exchange System Manager. My system is Exchange 2003, and Windows 2003. Picture screenshot is attached. ...

Exchange 2003 relaying issues
Recently our Exchange 2003 Server started queuing up spam email from different sources. We have had Exchange 2003 up and running for approx. 6 months now. No configuration changes to my knowledge. When I restrict SMTP access through Authentication and uncheck Anonymous Access the SMTP connections stop. But outside email coming to the Exchange server does not get delivered. We have internal users connecting to Exchange, 2 Mac users using IMAP and External users that POP email. Can you offer any suggestions? Any location that gives what the default settings are for Exchange SMTP connectio...

Rightfax not working with Exchange 2003
I have Rightfax v. 8.7 running with Exchange 2003. All was working fine until recent Microsoft patches: Security Update for Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB916803) Update for Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB911829) Security Update for Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB912442) Now users are not receiving faxes in there outlook inboxes. However, I think the Rightfax is doing what suppose to do in receiving and routing the faxes, but some how the faxes are not getting to inbox of users. There have been no other changes in the environment or with Rightfax. Could someo...

Decommissioning the last Exchange 5.5 server
I am in the process of removing the last Exchange 5.5 server from our network after installing and migrating to Exchange 2003. I have read the Exchange Deployment Guide as well as KB articles 284148, 822450 and 285090. So far everything went well until I came to section 11 in KB 284148, where it says: >> At this point you may want to just power down the Exchange Server 5.5 computer to ensure that everything functions properly before actually uninstalling Exchange from the server. When you are convinced that everything is functioning properly, you can uninstall Exchange from the ...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server in the same site
I found two contradicting articles in technet that Exchange 5.5 server on Windows NT box (in my case it isI have BDC) is not supported in Windows 2003 AD Environment ( Articles 810591 & 822942). I upgraded from NT Domain to 2003 AD and then Created exchange 2003 server in the same exchange 5.5 site. Now reading these two articles I am wandering that whether shall I revert back my exchanger server and NT domain and then use ADMT or I shall leave this intact , as currently after migration I am not facing any problem. Though I have to still move some mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 server to Exc...

Outlook 2000: AVG Kernel Error
I'm getting an error message when opening up the Outlook 200 prgram and also every time I open a message within Outlook. It reads: AVG Kernel Error on the top blue bar and the message is Language File Failed. Does anyone know how to correct this? Thanks Are you using the AV scanner from AVG? If so, disable email scanning or contact AVG for a fix. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.out...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool Permissions....
This is hopefully my last question regarding DST... Would the Exmerge account I created to import mailboxes from PST files have the necessary permissions to run the Exchange Calendar Update tool without having to run the permissions script? May not have Send As, iirc. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Mark Greene" <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ehpeu2p3dc0r1bnm0egpslqdvdpk6cb0tp@4ax.com... > > This is hopefully my last question regarding DST... &g...

DST Exchange Calendar Update Config Tool, account permissions
New Ex admin, I'm running exchange 2003SP2 and when I run the MsExTmz.exe, i get this error message. How do i grant a service account full access so I can run the tool HrReadConfiguration:Logfile opened as:msextmz.log HrReadConfiguration:Reading Configuration. HrReadConfiguration:Command Line:tzmove.exe /q HrReadConfiguration:ServerDN:/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=server12 HrReadConfiguration:OutputputFile opened as:Output.txt HrReadConfiguration:Input File is not set. HrReadConfiguration:Error opened as:Errors.txt HrReadConfigurat...

Exchange 5.5 Details Templates
Dear all, I am an administrator of Exchange Server 5.5. Recently, "Details Templates" on one of my server suddenly disappear. But I cannot get it from backup. How can I restore this template in Exchange 5.5? (I only have UK template on my server) Thanks! Regards, Pun (kwongpun@sinatown.com) ...

outlook 2000 #16
A time out occurred while communucating with the server. Error # 0x800ccc19 Can anyone help ? ...

Exchange Server and Outlook
We have Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server. I need to share calendars on a daily basis. Can this be done? What do I need to accomplish this? You can go into Outlook and on click on the Users Calendar, select properties then click the permissions tab. Add the users to access the Calendar and give them the appropriate permissions to read, write, etc. Now go into Outlook on another users machine and from the Toolbar select File-Open-Other Users Folder. You may also choose to look at creating a Public Folder Calendar to post appointments for a group wh...

Moving exchange server #2
I need to retire a server that my exchange 2003 server is on. I have some public folders on it. Can you tell me everything that I need to do to move the exchange server to a new windows 2003 server. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945&Product=exch2003 "Scott Dever" <ScottDever@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFF5209-322D-41B9-941F-2394A98F5804@microsoft.com... >I need to retire a server that my exchange 2003 server is on. I have some > public folders on it. Can you tell me everything that I need to d...

Hardening Exchange 2003: remote Management for exchange
Hi NG, I want to hardening a new exchange 2003 standard server before i migrate the first user mailbox. Therefore I use the security configuration assistent to make a local policy (the recommended policies for front end and backend exchange do not fit our needs). Now I want to decide wether it=B4s useful to allow "ports, used by system RPC applications". In the explanation these ports are used for "remote exchange management" - I do not need this, because I do the management via RDP. So I want to disable these ports, but I am not sure. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Etrust Secure Content Manager with Exchange behind Proxy
Trying to setup trial version of ETrust Secure Content Manager with Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 behind a proxy 2.0 server. Exchange has External DNS servers set up in SMTP settings. I have tried both set-ups - on a separate PC (as recommended)and on the Exchange server. When using the separate server - I can send & receive internal e-mails and receive incoming external - but cannot send external e-mails. When using the same server (even when I change Exchange to listen on port 2525 instead of port 25 - SCM uses Port 25), we can only send and receive internally - no external mail at ...

backup exch 2003 from win 2000
I'm trying to backup my exchange server 2003 from another server that is running windows 2000 and exchange server 5.5. Using ntbackup. Can you do that? The exch 2003 server shows up in the list of servers you can backup, but I'm getting an error saying the info store service is not running on selected computer. On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:31:07 -0600, "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to backup my exchange server 2003 from another server that is >running windows 2000 and exchange server 5.5. Using ntbackup. Can you do >that? >The...

Statistic program for Exchange 5.5
Hi Is there anyone who can give me a hint for a good program for statistic for Exchange 5.5. What is importent for mee is to find out witch kind of attachment file the users had stored (avi, MPEG3 and so on) and how many MB - just totally??????? Speednissen ...

Oulook Clients Keep Disconnecting from Exchange server
I have a remote location that has a few Outlook clients that are complaining that they keep going into offline mode or get cannot connect to the Exchange server, or get login/pass boxes in Outlook. I don't seem to have this problem with the rest of the network and since the users in question are still logged into the domain and have access to all their shared resources from the server and can still connect to the Internet I can only assume this is an Outlook - Exchange issue. If the users close outlook and re-open it that sometimes works for a bit, same with logging out and back in again...

OUTLOOK 2000 task problems
My secretary is running MS XP home and Office pro 2000 SP3. I send task requests to her and she cannot open them, she can see them in the list but cannot open them. What can we do to solve this? Thanks Stu what version are you using? are you sending them as RTF? click on her email address in the task and see if it's set for always use rtf. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-...

Items in IMS Mailbox Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WinNT SP6a. If I view the Private Information Store Properties and then view the Mailbox Resources tab, the Internet Mail Service mailbox has over 17,000 items. How do I view these items or clear them out? Thanks! Doug http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;183057 "Douglas P. Dobrynski" wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 on WinNT SP6a. > > If I view the Private Information Store Properties and then view the Mailbox > Resources tab, the Internet Mail Service mailbox has over 17,000 items. How > do I view these i...

Cannot send/receive mail through Outlook 2000
A colleague of mine has a Sony Vaio laptop (about 3 months old), Pentium 4 2800, running XP Home, with Office 2000, and the McAfee Security Suite (antivirus, firewall, antispam etc). Recently, she tried to send an email and it got stuck in the outbox. She tried to delete the message but Outlook 2000 but told her MAPI was unable to delete the message as it had started transmitting it. Even on restarting the PC, the message was still there with the same message if she tried to kill it off, I managed to kill it off (after reading ng's) by creating a new profile and importing everythin...

Outlook 2000 vs 2002
I have my Outlook 2002 backed up to a .PST file. I wish to transfer/export data to Outlook 2000. Will Outlook 2000 receive 2002 files. Also, when I try, it says I "don't have authority" to do so. I'm administrator on both. What can I do? I'm doing this 'cause my 2002 version acts like it is corrupted! Moves real slooooooow, and then hangs forever! Any ideas? PST files created by Outlook 2002 are fully supported under Outlook 2000. If you are moving the PST file over to the other machine via CDR/RW, make sure you remove the read-only attribute from the f...