Exchange 2000 problems

Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup.  The PDC,
W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it.  I have reloaded W2k with SP's and
installed Exchange 2000.  None of my virtural stores Protocols are running
and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices are
grayed out.  The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down.  When I try
to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured.
Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange
Information Store service or both."

ID c1041724

Help...I'm lost here.

--
Bill Crouch

0
bill4129 (2)

"Bill Crouch" <bill@home.org> wrote:

>Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup.  The PDC,
>W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it.  I have reloaded W2k with SP's and
>installed Exchange 2000.  None of my virtural stores Protocols are running
>and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices are
>grayed out.  The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down.  When I try
>to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured.
>Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange
>Information Store service or both."
>
>ID c1041724
>
>Help...I'm lost here.

How did you recover the Active Directory? Or are you simply starting
over with an empty AD and not restoring anything?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I did learn one thing here...when using Windows backup/restore, before
backing up restart Windows in Recovery mode so that you can backup the SAM
and AD.

Bill

--
Bill Crouch
> "Bill Crouch" <bill@home.org> wrote:
>
> >Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup.  The PDC,
> >W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it.  I have reloaded W2k with SP's and
> >installed Exchange 2000.  None of my virtural stores Protocols are
running
> >and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices
are
> >grayed out.  The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down.  When I
try
> >to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured.
> >Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange
> >Information Store service or both."
> >
> >ID c1041724
> >
> >Help...I'm lost here.
>
> How did you recover the Active Directory? Or are you simply starting
> over with an empty AD and not restoring anything?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

bill4129 (2)
10/10/2004 6:51:12 PM
"Bill Crouch" <bill@home.org> wrote:

>I was trying to recover AD and the Schema Master but to no avail. Decided to
>re-create the Domain and re-install Exchange. It's easier this way as I had
>no on server mail boxes to deal with as all mail is downloaded to the
>Outlook client.
>
>I did learn one thing here...when using Windows backup/restore, before
>backing up restart Windows in Recovery mode so that you can backup the SAM
>and AD.

That's why there's a "System State" backup. :)

If you're having a problem with just the protocols, then you probably
have a problem with IIS, although the databases are also a possibilty.

As for the databases not mounting, you probably have a damaged
database. Since you're not recovering those files, stop the
Information Store service (at least that's running, right?) and delete
the .mdb and .stm files. Restart the servie and see if the databases
mount.

If a new set of databases doesn't fix the mounting problem, I'd rerun
the setup program and remove that server. Then install again.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I have a me machine with an OEM office 97 package. I purchased a stand alone version of publishier 2000. While installing I enter the product code and since I do not have internet on that machine I called got a number, read it back, double checked it etc. typed it in and it says the number is not valid. so I say OK and get into publisher, look at the HELP>ABOUT and it shows my OEM product id. how can I get it to keep the right number? Might try the cleanup utility... Do you still have your 97 disks? When you say Office 97, did this include Publisher 98? This utility works wit...

Problems with CreateILockBytesOnhGlobal
The following code misbehaves by throwing int 3 breaks on the CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal call. If contnued, the call returns S_OK with a ILockBytes pointer, but then the StgOpenStorageOnILockBytes failes. Any ideas? HRESULT hres; IStorage *pstg = NULL; // // Load doc file from resources. // HGLOBAL hdoc = NULL; ILockBytes *plockbytes = NULL; HRSRC resinfo = FindResource(g_app.m_hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(resid), "DOCFILE"); if (!resinfo) return FALSE; hdoc = LoadResource(g_app.m_hInstance, resinfo); if (S_OK == CreateILockBytesOnHGlobal(hdoc, TRUE, &plockbytes...

update problem-crossposted
As I seem to have been abandoned by MS I thought I'd ask here. I have retail versions of Office 2003 student and teacher and Publisher 2000. These are not OEM or illegal copies. I was having numerous problems updating Office 2003 and was lead through an un-install and re-install by MS tech support. Received many updates that installed correctly until... I received a message that I needed to install updates for Office 2000 and that one had to be installed first and separately for the other to work. It would never download. After hours on the phone with MS it was determined that si...

Exchange 5.5 SMTP
I am trying to route outbound SMTP mail to a child and parent domain using two seperate smart hosts. I do not want to use DNS to resolve these two address. Can this be accomplished using the address space, routing, or connection tabs of the IMS? I have tried using the email domain and listing the child and parent, but I am unable to use * or other wildcards to represent the child domain Y.NET 198.155.2. X.Y.NET 198.155.2. SMTP conversation between servers starts with a DNS lookup of the MX record to find the other server. I don't get what you are trying to do here?? or what you want...

Exchange 2003 Reaches 16GB Limit
My Exchange 2003 standard edition complains of reaching 16GB even though the mailbox store shows a combined size of about 2GB. Priv1.edb is reading 15.8GB. What could be the cause of this. This server is only handling 50 users and is 2 months old. The largest mailbox is about 107MB. First, it's the _combined_ size of priv1.edb and priv1.stm that is limited to 16GB in the Std Edition. You could start by reading MSKB article 828070 which will show you how to _temporarily_ increase the permitted DB size so that you can delete stuff. Gordon "Leonard Okoh" <lokoh@tranterse...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

error when deleting mailbox in exchange 55
Hi, i am having problems when trying to delete a mailbox in my exch 55. i receive the error c1040af4. does anybody know how to solve it? ...

Problems Backing up MS Money
I am running Microsoft money 2004 on a 64 bit windows vista machine. When I go to back up my files at the end of a session, money thinks that my 8 gig flash drive is a floppy disc and tells me that the disc is full and to insert another one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this. This is something new, it was working alright for months. Any ideas? M2004 only knew about hard disks and floppies for backup. There was a "feature" whereby it could only handle 2gb USB sticks. You need to reduce your available space on the USB to under 2gb, by copying any old files till t...

drag and drop problem with cell references
i have a cell with a formula in one worksheet that references another cell. the formula looks like this: =IF((ISBLANK('Draft'!$D25)),"",'Draft'!$D25) where 'draft' is another worksheet in my workbook. the formula works fine, it looks empty if there is nothing in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), otherwise it mirrors the content of that cell. If i type something in the referenced cell('Draft'!$D25), it still works great. But if i drag something to the referenced cell than the formula gets screwed up and replaces the $D25, with #ref. I am gue...

Problem cleaning up temporary files.
This isn't MFC specific so I apologize. I just like the information provided by the regular members of this group. I have an application that has a Rich Edit control. Next to the Rich Edit control is a Print button. To avoid all the details of printing, I decided to save the contents of the control to a RTF file, then do ShellExecuteEx("blahblah.rtf", "print", ...). This works fine. But, I sure would like to remove these temporary files. But I am finding that to be a tricky problem to solve. At first, I thought I would wait for the process started to end. Bu...

Workflow Problem
Hi all, some instances (approx 5%) of a workflow we use all the time are getting stuck at various points when we do a status reason change - the logs show the following error: Error Code = 80044151. SQL Server Error. SQL Server timeout expired. Our sql server is very under utilised and most of the workflows change states OK - any ideas ? Thanks Ian If the issue you're experiencing applies to Quotes/Orders/Invoices, the following Hotfix may help: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVLXUZLWUKKQPOVRVQNLNWOMXNQRQNZWVLNLTUPRNNUWPNZSZ "Ian K...

Opening Attachments in Outlook 2000
A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with attachments included while on the road, dialing in over a modem line. He wanted to know if there was any way to just receive the text from the message without having to download the attachments once the email is opened....any suggestions? thanks! He could always use www.mailwasher.net to view mail text only. David "**Jeff" <jlemay@artel.com> wrote in message news:0be301c35c23$964d3980$a401280a@phx.gbl... > A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with > attachments included while on the roa...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...

OU is blocking Exchange attributes
I have a perplexing issue that I am trying to solve. I have one particular OU in our AD structure that will not allow a user account to be populated with any Exchange attributes. Let me explain a little further. In this OU are users that do not have a mail box on our corporate email server, but they need their user account enabled with an email address. I can run the wizard to mail enable the account, but the user properties do not populate with the global settings. Things like the SMTP address, ccMail etc. I can move the user to another OU and have no problem enabling email. The big pr...

Multiple Exchange Servers and Email Router
When installing CRM 4 Email Router in an environment with 2 Exchange servers, where do I need to install the Email Router? it is not requirement in CRM 4.0 to install the exchange router on exchange. All you need to do is to choose the exchange server name while configuring the router . I myself had installed the router on CRM server. /Aamir ...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...

OMA problem #5
Hi all We are currently trying to connect a couple of users Nokia 6230i to exchange just to check their mail. When they login through either pc to test or the mobile the get the following error message Your user account has not been enabled for wireless access. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance We have checked in AD and the accout is enabled for oma. W2k3 server with exhcnage w2k3 sp2. Can anyone shed some light on this Cheers Glenn Hi, You've taken the primary domain SMTP suffix address of these users. For OMA to work succesfully, a user _must_ ...

Exchange database size priv1.edb increasing fast
Dear Sirs, Few days ago we start new server (2 processors HT, RAID1, SCSI) with SBS2003 Premium. We noticed that size of Exchange database priv1.edb is big and increasing constantly. During last 24hrs the size increased from 10Gb to 16Gb. The checkbox "Enable circular logging" is set. The Exchange database in prevoius server was 3Gb only, and work almost 1.5 year. What is the cause of this situation? How to stop this process? Is it possible to decrease size of Exchange database? Regards Darek you have to first isolate what is causing the increase go to the system manager and...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...

How do I reissue a KMS certificate to a user in Exchange
Hi All, I need to know how to reissue a key management service (KMS) certificate to a user.How do we go about this please. Thanks . -- Buchi ...

File Attachment Problem
I have got the file attachment problem since we implemented the dynamics CRM 4.0. So i will be glad if you advise me a way to solve this problem. sincerally ...

Exchange 2003 and High RPC Latency
We have 3 exchange 2003 mailbox servers. Exch1 and Exch2 hold the bulk of our mailboxes (about 3500). These servers are Exchange 2003Std/SP2 with Windows 2003 Enterp/SP2 with 4gb RAM. The logs and databases are on separate SAN LUNs. These servers also have BES agent and Enterprise Vault on them. I mention them because they interface with the mailboxes. We have historically been experiencing continual RPC latency when our users (using Outlook 2007/SP2) try to access mailbox resources like other user calendars. Any ideas where to look? I'm new to Exchg troubleshootin...

problem with scaning
hello happy new year I want to scanning multipage documets and save it in my folder. I tryed to scaning without any component . I want to use with microsoft windows acquire library(wia) and save it tiff format. please help me how can create a form with a command button and writting its vba code that it stats scanning and saving file(tiff format) in my folder . thank you hesm ...

Graph OLE Linked objects problem
I got error message from access2003 when I tried to open a Graph OLE Linked objects, the message is: Strategic Budget builder can't find the file containing the linked OLE object you tried to update using OLE/DDE links command. When I click "yes", the other message pop up: "You may have misspelled the file name, or the file may have been deleted or renamed. If the file has been moved to a different location, use the OLE/DDE Links command to change the source. Or delete the object, and create a new linked object." Tried to re-installed OFFICE2003, but it still do...