Exchange 2000 FE / Exchange 2003 BE

Is it possible to use an Exchange 2000 Server on the front end and an
Exchange 2003 Server on the back end? We just upgraded from exchange
2000 to 2003 and I am having trouble getting approval to purchase
another copy of Exchange 2003 for our front end server. Since we
already have a license for Exchange 2000, it would be ideal if we
could use it as the front end server.

On 11 Apr 2007 10:46:05 -0700, chrisashcraft@gmail.com wrote:

>Is it possible to use an Exchange 2000 Server on the front end and an
>Exchange 2003 Server on the back end? We just upgraded from exchange
>2000 to 2003 and I am having trouble getting approval to purchase
>another copy of Exchange 2003 for our front end server. Since we
>already have a license for Exchange 2000, it would be ideal if we
>could use it as the front end server.

Not supported.

You can however have a 2003 FE with a 2000 BE and you'll get the OWA
2000 interface.

0
adavid (8731)