Exchange 2000 - auto complete name cache

Hi all

I've recently renamed a user.  Now I found that everytime I type that user
name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName
<OldUserName>.

I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user.

How to correct it?  Please help.

Thanks
BT

0
barrytsiu (20)

Just a few points ...

1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use
the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key.

2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN
value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if you do change
it please will not be able to reply to old emails from that user and they
will get 2 entries in the autocomplete. To enable reply functionality you
would need to create an addition x500 address for the user with their old
legacyDN value. [all in all too much bother]

"BT" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've recently renamed a user.  Now I found that everytime I type that user
> name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName
> <OldUserName>.
>
> I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user.
>
> How to correct it?  Please help.
>
> Thanks
> BT

0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/20/2007 3:37:00 AM
Here's a link to the exact thing you are talking about and also the
legacyexchangeDN I mentioned.

http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2005/10/outlook-autocomplete-and.html
0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/20/2007 3:45:02 AM
Thanks John

Could you show me how to search the PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS property using
ADSIedit?

Many thanks.
BT

"John Doe" <JohnDoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just a few points ...
>
> 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them
> (use
> the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key.
>
> 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN
> value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if you do
> change
> it please will not be able to reply to old emails from that user and they
> will get 2 entries in the autocomplete. To enable reply functionality you
> would need to create an addition x500 address for the user with their old
> legacyDN value. [all in all too much bother]
>

> "BT" wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I've recently renamed a user.  Now I found that everytime I type that
>> user
>> name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName
>> <OldUserName>.
>>
>> I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old
>> user.
>>
>> How to correct it?  Please help.
>>
>> Thanks
>> BT

0
barrytsiu (20)
3/20/2007 4:28:31 AM
The PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS isn't a property on the user (not viewable via
adsiedit) it is within Outlook/exchange on the message (viewable by a message
viewer like mdbviewer).

What you are looking for in adsiedit is the legacyexchangedn attribute. if
you open adsiedit (usual warnings ... be careful, you are now editing AD) and
navigate to the ou of the user in question you can open the user and all the
AD properties will be displayed. move down to legacyexchangedn and it will
look like "/o=My Org/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=CHANGEME". Only change the last part "CHANGEME".

However you might have missed the main point ... "we recommend not changing
the legacyexchangedn property."
0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/20/2007 4:58:20 AM
great, many thanks!!!!

> The PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS isn't a property on the user (not viewable via
> adsiedit) it is within Outlook/exchange on the message (viewable by a
> message
> viewer like mdbviewer).
>
> What you are looking for in adsiedit is the legacyexchangedn attribute. if
> you open adsiedit (usual warnings ... be careful, you are now editing AD)
> and
> navigate to the ou of the user in question you can open the user and all
> the
> AD properties will be displayed. move down to legacyexchangedn and it will
> look like "/o=My Org/ou=First Administrative
> Group/cn=Recipients/cn=CHANGEME". Only change the last part "CHANGEME".
>
> However you might have missed the main point ... "we recommend not
> changing
> the legacyexchangedn property."

0
barrytsiu (20)

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Replace a comma with a period in a cell containing a lastname, first name, middle i
Hello - I am trying to clean some data and need to change all of my names from McLaughlin, Victor, (i.e, comma) W to McLaughlin, Victor.(i.e., period) W Is there an extract and replace formula or method of som sort (in excel or access) that will allow me to pull the first comma from the right and replace it with a period. Thanks for any suggestions! Select the cells you want to change and run this tiny macro: Sub comma_tose() For Each r In Selection v = StrReverse(r.Value) r.Value = StrReverse(Replace(v, ",", ".", 1, 1)) Next End Sub For example: a,b,c,d wi...

Auto-Transfer of sales documents with eConnect
Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to Invoice). This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

SMTP domain name
Hello. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a windows 2000 machine and a windows 2000 native domain. Problem I am having is complaints from people regarding the smtp domain name. Our Public domain name and our AD domain name are different. Helo response from the server returns the AD domain name and not the public domain name. This is causing messages to be rejected by some SPAM filters. Has anybody had this problem? Thanks Yes I have battled long and hard with this problem. First thing to check is Exchange System Manager, "Default SMTP Virtual Server" look in advanced propertie...

Auto Import Into Deny List
Hi, Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email from without having to manually add the Ip's one at a time http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/135453 Thanks Try ipsec.vbs http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=286d2818-08b3-496d-8b0d-c2b628a3ef16&displaylang=en James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 3:27 pm, melu <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is their any way of importing the IP's in a text file into the deny email > from without having to...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

Replace Cells with Column names in functions?
I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug because there are also a lot of rows. Is there anyway to change display so it replaces the column name e.g. If(BT1204="X". BA="Y" to If(CustomerName="X", CustomerCode="Y") ? CustomerName is a defined name range for BT1204 Find & Replace Find what: BT1204 Replace with: CustomerName "msnyc07" wrote: > I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug > because there are also a lot of rows. > > Is t...

Display names in Contacts
When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is there a setting that I can change to eliminate the email address in the display name ? I would like to have the display name showing like this : LastName FirstName . Antoine Veilleux Change the 'Display as' setting when creating new contacts. "Shidewa" wrote: > When I create a new contact and after that I type the email address, > then Display name is written like this : LastName FirstName(email). Is > there a settin...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

address being appended to contact's name
If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to it. When I create or forward email, the email address is appended to the name of the contacts in the "To:" line. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks, Jim B. Vista's Windows Mail? microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail "Jim Birke@yahoo.com>" <jimbir<nottthis> wrote in message news:#RKwAWMuKHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to > it. > > When I create or forward email, the email...

Auto Accept not working Outlook 2003
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem. We are using Exchange with some resource mailboxes and sharing their calendars. For every meeting room we have created a resource mailbox. We would like the room to accept every metting request. But for some reason it is not working. It just doesnt accept anything. In Outlook i went to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling and checked the box Automatically accept...... Then i closed Outlook and logged of the user. I waited for 15 minutes, but it just doesnt work. I tried it with outlook 2003 and outlook 2007. We are runn...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

Cannot connect to SQL 2000 AS SP 3 cube from Excel 2000
I have a user who is using Excel 2000 SP 3 to connect to cubes created in SQL 2000 AS SP 3. The user does have permissions to browse to the cube. Originally I could not even connect to the cube itself, nor did I have the OLAP 8.0 provider. I tried all the Office updates, and per a newsgropu tip, I installed the pivot table service (SQL2000 CD \msolap\install\PTS\ptslite.exe). I can connect to the cube from his computer from Excel, but if I create a spreadsheet elsewhere using that cube, his laptop will not open the cube to run queries. Any suggestions? -- *******************...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

Services Exchange Server
When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a broadband, VPN connection? Outlook should be using your default network connection - if you've established a VPN connection and can ping the Exchange server by name, you should just be able to open Outlook. SWT wrote: > When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do > you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a > broadband, VPN connection? ...

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Strange problem while running MFC 7.0 apps on Windows 2000
Hello, I'm writing an MFC 7.1 program and it runs smoothly on XP and 98. However, on Windows 2000 I encountered a strange message saying that The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Thus I try to install VS.Net 2003 on a Win2k machine and run my EXE from VS.Net IDE. The debugging outputs are attached below. Any clues / suggestions / solutions are appreciated. My program uses VS.Net 2003 (MFC 7.1, link as static library) and CImage class in that. The GDIPlus.dll is copied from .Net framework 1.1.3705. TIA, Arthur ...

Using Outlook/Exchange Server as a central dispatch manager?
I'll try to be detailed, but brief. Running Exchange 2K with mixed Outlook clients throughout office. We're a service company and we have a mailbox called "dispatch". When a service call comes in, we create a new task in the Dispatch mailbox, add the detail and then "assign" it to someone. They accept and update until the call is complete (every time a change is made it synchs with dispatch's task). When the call is complete/closed, the task in central dispatch is closed and then processed We want to enhance some of this -- are there any features in Exchan...

Replicating SQL dB with Exchange
How kan i, Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Kind regards "HY" <HY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and >Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Export the information from SQL in LDIF format (or into some other format and then convert it to LDIF), then import into the Active Directory using LDIFDE.exe. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this add...

Emailing a group; only the recipient's name appears
How do I email a group in which only the individual recipient's name appears in the address? Thanks in advance for your help. If you are asking how to make it look like the message was sent to each user individually, you'd need to do a mail merge. If you have Word installed and it's the same version as Outlook (both 2003, for example), you can do the merge between the two. Or you can use one of the many 3rd party mass mailing programs available. Look at the following pages for further information: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm http://www.slipstick.com/ad...

Word 2000
I have a word 2000 document here that I need to have 3 different headers for each different section eg: Test Report - Tested to Standard 'A'/Standard 'B'/ Standard 'C' It's a very long document so it isnt practical to head up each page using anything but headers as there is alot of information and certification logos within each header part. Any help on this is very much appreciated. See replies to your previous duplicate question in this newsgroup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA htt...