Exchange 2000 - auto complete name cache

Hi all

I've recently renamed a user.  Now I found that everytime I type that user
name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName
<OldUserName>.

I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user.

How to correct it?  Please help.

Thanks
BT

0
barrytsiu (20)

Just a few points ...

1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use
the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key.

2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN
value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if you do change
it please will not be able to reply to old emails from that user and they
will get 2 entries in the autocomplete. To enable reply functionality you
would need to create an addition x500 address for the user with their old
legacyDN value. [all in all too much bother]

"BT" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've recently renamed a user.  Now I found that everytime I type that user
> name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName
> <OldUserName>.
>
> I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user.
>
> How to correct it?  Please help.
>
> Thanks
> BT

0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/20/2007 3:37:00 AM
Here's a link to the exact thing you are talking about and also the
legacyexchangeDN I mentioned.

http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2005/10/outlook-autocomplete-and.html
0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/20/2007 3:45:02 AM
Thanks John

Could you show me how to search the PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS property using
ADSIedit?

Many thanks.
BT

"John Doe" <JohnDoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just a few points ...
>
> 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them
> (use
> the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key.
>
> 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN
> value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if you do
> change
> it please will not be able to reply to old emails from that user and they
> will get 2 entries in the autocomplete. To enable reply functionality you
> would need to create an addition x500 address for the user with their old
> legacyDN value. [all in all too much bother]
>

> "BT" wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I've recently renamed a user.  Now I found that everytime I type that
>> user
>> name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName
>> <OldUserName>.
>>
>> I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old
>> user.
>>
>> How to correct it?  Please help.
>>
>> Thanks
>> BT

0
barrytsiu (20)
3/20/2007 4:28:31 AM
The PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS isn't a property on the user (not viewable via
adsiedit) it is within Outlook/exchange on the message (viewable by a message
viewer like mdbviewer).

What you are looking for in adsiedit is the legacyexchangedn attribute. if
you open adsiedit (usual warnings ... be careful, you are now editing AD) and
navigate to the ou of the user in question you can open the user and all the
AD properties will be displayed. move down to legacyexchangedn and it will
look like "/o=My Org/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Recipients/cn=CHANGEME". Only change the last part "CHANGEME".

However you might have missed the main point ... "we recommend not changing
the legacyexchangedn property."
0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/20/2007 4:58:20 AM
great, many thanks!!!!

> The PR_SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS isn't a property on the user (not viewable via
> adsiedit) it is within Outlook/exchange on the message (viewable by a
> message
> viewer like mdbviewer).
>
> What you are looking for in adsiedit is the legacyexchangedn attribute. if
> you open adsiedit (usual warnings ... be careful, you are now editing AD)
> and
> navigate to the ou of the user in question you can open the user and all
> the
> AD properties will be displayed. move down to legacyexchangedn and it will
> look like "/o=My Org/ou=First Administrative
> Group/cn=Recipients/cn=CHANGEME". Only change the last part "CHANGEME".
>
> However you might have missed the main point ... "we recommend not
> changing
> the legacyexchangedn property."

0
barrytsiu (20)

Outlook 2000 Error #11
I had to re-install Windows and all programs and now when I try to send/receive mail through Outlook 2000 it gives me the message that Internet Mail is not regestered properly. Please re-install and try again. I use the Office 2000 CD and have used the repair function to re- install and finally totally un-install and re-install and I always get the same message. I am running Windows 98SE. It worked fine before I had to re-install. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for all of your help and input. Dale ...

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

Excel 2000 Shared Workbook Missing Worksheets
I am experiencing a problem in an Excel 2000 shared workbook. Worksheets are continously missing from the shared workbook. Users are connecting to the shared workbook using a Citrix connection. They enter their data into the worksheet and then save the workbook. The shared workbook is password protected so that users can not get exclusive rights and delete or move sheets. I've also tried tracing the changes and looking at the history to find the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Copying and pasting an Auto Shape from PowerPoint 2003 to Word 200
When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a Word document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small Auto Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length. Is there anyway to retain the shape's original size when pasting into Word? It doesn't happen here. Send me your PowerPoint file at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will have a look at the issue. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted ...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Error Report
Hi, Just to get helps on the following : I've the Microsoft Outlook 2000 (come with Ms Office 2000 Premium with full installation) installed on the Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Had configured the corporate Internet Email as well. The problem is when sometime trying to type a new or replied or forwarding of email which is going to be send out, then will prompt the error report message. After i click on do not send, then it will straight away closed the whole Outlook 2000 application & the mail without saved the message. So i've to re-open again and re-type...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

Access 2000 or 2002 on Vista ?
Any known issues? Need a new laptop, looks like Vista is being dictated now. Thanks, There's no difference between the way Access 2000 and 2002 run on Vista. If you are using multiple versions of Access on the laptop, see: Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html If you are connecting the laptop to other machines that run Vista, watch out for this bug that destroys databases: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370 There's a hotfix here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/ -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

Ungroup a pivot table in XL 2000
I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. In XL2002, if I want to ungroup them, I can use the PivotTable toolbar. I also have to do this in XL2000, but I don't see the same tool bar. How do you ungroup a pivot table in XL2000? -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail You can right-click on the field button in the pivot table, and choose 'Group and Outline'. OR, select the cell that contains the field button On the Standard toolbar, choose Data>Group and Outline Fred Smith wrote: > I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. > > In ...

how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server.__ -- lje Use the Mail applet in the control panel to add the Exchange account type back. "laurna" <laurna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D930AED-BB12-499E-996D-6FAF98D5B598@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live >and > somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I ...

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...

Auto Fill Fields
I have a database of contacts (names, addresses, phone numbers, emails). I have created a table with this info already filled out (imported from Excel). All I want to do is create a form with a single drop-down list where, when the last name is selected, all the other fields automatically populate with that person's correct information. I have tried DLookup but that seems too cumbersome and doesn't work unless I go to design view and back to form view. Is there not a simple function in Access that lets me do what I need to without having to write code. I am NOT a code writer,...

Choose Exchange Mailbox Store
Hello, Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these servers from mailbox creation or is there another way? Regards, -- Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands On Wed, 30 Nov 200...

recover a users mailbox (exchange 2003)
hi lovely people, A user has somehow corrupted or lost all his email kept at our office by logging into our server via a VPN and using his own outlook 2003 client (not OWA) to check his mail. i think whats happened is his home client has sucked all the mail in his inbox away to his home pc (could this be?) anyway, i've been looking into recovering his mailbox and found the following article on msexchange.org http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Mailboxes-Exchange2003-SP1.html i'm with it upto a point but i'm quite new to exchange/windows server 2003 and i'm ve...

Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages
Hi there! We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet - but no Internet messages are received. Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it: Domain is "pleni.com.br", Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15. The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay ...