Exchange 2000 and Unix

Hi,

We have a Exchange server which is connected to the internet via which
we send/receive e-mail to the external world.

We have a couple of Unix boxes (Solaris) which we want setup to
connect to the Exchange server for sending e-mails to the Internet.
However everytime an e-mail is send we get an error about relaying.

Due to security reasons the Exchange admin cannot setup relaying. Is
there another way to set this up, say via Exchange connector ?

Please let me know.

  Thanks,
  Subho
0
subhfern (1)

The Exchange Admin "could" configure relaying so specific
machines can relay messages via your Exchange Server's
SMTP Server.  Is this a Daemon that you want to send email
or an interactive user?

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

0
anonymous (74722)

EXCEL-2000 column headings hide from data
How do you make the column headings where they don't show in data validation drop down box? Assuming the Data validation drop=down relays on a list [range of cells] DO NOT include that cell while defining the data validation. Micky "CRHIV" wrote: > How do you make the column headings where they don't show in data validation > drop down box? I don't see a way not to include the row of labels that are on the top of the column. When you set up D-V, it asks for a list, then you pick a column to look in. "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: ...

Exchange Down
Hi, I have Windows 2003 Ent. Server with Exchange 2003 Ent Server that was working great until today. Users attempted to connect via Outlook 2003 and receive the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance." When trying to access via OWA, I get a Internal server error. I am able to ping the Exchange server, I can telnet to the server, no events in the Event Log. I have tried reboot several times, SMTP, IM...

Outlook 2000 Default Profile Will Not Set
I am running Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional on a Windows 2000 machine. Whenever I start up Outlook 2000, I get a "Choose Profile" GUI. I select my profile (the only one) and click "Options>>" and check "Set as default profile". However, any time I subsequently exit and reenter Outlook 2000, I still get "Choose Profile". Any suggestions how to fix this? I've tried recreating my profile, copying it and deleting the old one, and even running "Repair Office" on Microsoft office. ...

Outlook 2000 Error Message
This is a re-post. Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] began to help me but that didn't work. I tried your suggestion and downloaded MDAC 2.8 but was politely informed that either MDAC 2.8 was not compatible with my system or that all modules where already present. Probably due to having Windows AUTO Update enabled. I have also updated to Outlook Sp-3 without any improvement. What does MPR.dll do and does it interact with any other programs. Also my Pocket PC will not Synch with the TASKS list, does that info help or hinder?? Occasionally (about 1 in 20 restarts) Windows gives me the same er...

How does exchange handle Attachments
For some reason I can't remember excatly how exchange handles attachments. Like I have a user that send's a 2 mb file to another in house user. Then that user saves it and sends it back (after they made changes). Does that orignal 2mb file count against both mailbox's ? Does the server really keep 2 copies or just that one ? If the user sends back a changed document 2.1mb . Safe to assume since it's new it counts .. but on both ? Thanks Hi, You need to read up on SIS (Single Instance Storage) Check these links out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175481 http://su...

Attaching EXE files in Outlook 2000 SP3
I can't received emails send to me with attachmed exe files. I'm using Outlook 2K SP3. Is this a feature of Outlook after applying SP3? Any way to disable this feature? Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for some options "Marcus Fong" <kyfong@dumex.com.my> wrote in message news:041a01c36706$512a3090$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I can't received emails send to me with attachmed exe > files. I'm using Outlook 2K SP3. Is this a feature of > Outlook after applying SP3? Any way to disable this > feature? > > If it is nece...

Exchange 2003 #52
Hello, Do you have to install Exchange 2003 on a Active Directory server or can it be on it's own? I would like to install Exchange 2003 on a Win Server 2000 or 2003 box without AD installed. Please can you let me know if it's possible? Many Thanks, Peter It is recommended to install Exchange on non-domain controller machine, but Exchange has to be installed on the server that is member of AD domain. Pete Ch wrote: > Hello, > > Do you have to install Exchange 2003 on a Active Directory server or can it > be on it's own? > I would like to install Exchange...

Upgrade from Exchange Svr 2003 Beta
Is Exchange Server 2003 upgradable? If so, how should I proceed? If NOT, what should I do to keep the existing data? Thank you in advance. Wayne wrote: > Is Exchange Server 2003 upgradable? If so, how should I > proceed? If NOT, what should I do to keep the existing > data? Thank you in advance. http://www.exchangefaq.org/faq/Exchange-2003/Setup-Upgrade/sectionID/1032 HTH, Norman ...

Common Exchange Deployment on NAS?
Hi, What is the most common way to deploy a large exchange installation... is it common to use NAS? As I understand, Exchange stores all its data in a few very large .edb files... if so, does exchange transfer these large files back and forth over the network in a NAS? Thanks David NAS devices that make the volumes appear as local storage will work and are used with Exchange - NetApp filers being one of them. NetApp uses a software util called "SnapDrive" to make this possible. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ------------------------------...

One user managing multiple Exchange accounts
Hello I have created a user AAA@mydomain.com and a user BBB@mydomain.com on my AD (W2000 Server, Exchange 2000 Server). I have affected full access rights to AAA on BBB Exchange mailbox, and I have authorised AAA to send mails in name of BBB When I connect AAA on a PC, and open Outlook XP (linked to AAA Exchange account), I add to AAA account the BBB account, and then I can correctly see and read BBB's mails. But when I want to answer in name of BBB, Outlook tells me that I am not authorized to send mails in name of BBB. What did I forget PG You mentioned that you have authorized AAA t...

Exchange 2003 Installation
I need to reinstall Exchange 2003 on Monday, the problem is someone has taken the install cd that we left onsite. I'm a Technet subscriber and have the Exchange 2003 media, can I install Exchange using this disk and use the license I purchased for the missing media without any problems (time-bombs etc.)? Any help is greatly appreciated. -- C McKnew I cant say for certain, but probably not. MS serial numbers for TechNet and MSDN are typically a different format than the retail ones. "cmcknew@swfla.rr.com" <cmcknewswflarrcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Exchange 2003 Empty Deleted Items
Is there a way to setup maintenance in Exchange 2003 to automatically dump items in the Deleted Folder? Our users are not cleaning out their Deleted Items Folder and after a few years we have several zillion items in user mailbox Deleted Items Folder. We have management's go ahead to set up a scheduled maintenance job to empty folks Deleted Items Folder on a monthly basis. The issue is we can't seem to find any documentation on how to set this maintanance job up. Can you help? Thanks -- NC Beach Bum Hi The feature you need to use is a Mailbox Manager recipient pol...

Exchange-CRM email Router Install Problem
Exchange E-mail router installation fails when connecting to active CRM server with this message. 'One or mor of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have adminstrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all server are running properly and try again.' The logged on user is a domain admin and local admin on both the exchange server and crm server. Installing as MSDN Subscriber using the installation/licensing from our partner downloads. I can connect to CRM server through the web interface and with CRM for Outlook client when I receive the error ...

Problems backing up exchange 5.5 public folders with Backup exec v9
I get these errors when I try to brick backup our public folders Backup 0041 -- The job failed with the following error: The directory is invalid. Error : a000fe09 - The directory is invalid. Final error: 0xa000fe09 - The directory is invalid. Final error category: Resource Errors After searching Veritas site and doing any suggested fixes nothing is working. The public folders exist and have not been deleted. Some are hidden, some have nothing in them, some are calendars. It fails on about 40 out of 200 public folders. I can view them when browsing from backup exec, so ...

Directory Access Tab in Exchange Server grayed out
We recently had aour backplane crash in our Exchange 2003 server. We replaced the backplane and restored exchange from a tape backup. Most things are working fine, however we are experiencing two annoying problems. In system manager, we navigate down to servers and select our server and properties, we get the following message "Information about Directory services could not be entirely obtained. Check to see that the Microsoft Exchange Management Service is running on the Exchange 2000 or Exchange Server 2003 Server."We click ok to that and click the Directory access tab and ...

Configuring Outlook 2000 to send email only not to recieve
Yes I have an application currently running on a win2k terminal server, that has a feature to send out email attachments. But I would like to set up user's with their outlook profile on the terminal server to just send email and not to recieve! Reason being because I do not want the terminal server to be used to fetch email from the mail server! Any suggestions? Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to separate the send from receive. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Daylight savings and exchange 2000
We all should know about the new daylight savings and patching our MS products to work with it. Microsoft has written many artictles on what to...except for exchange 2000 and 5.5. All I could find is "If you are running Exchange 2000 Server, Exchange Server 5.5, or other earlier versions of Exchange Server, contact the Microsoft account manager or the Technical account manager for more information." Which to me reads call us, spend money and we tell you what to do. Does anyone know what to do for exchange 2000. Should I just patch the OS, the workstations, and then outloo...

Mysterious Rules behaviour with Outlook 2000 client
Hi all. My site is Exchange Server 2003, Outlook 2000 is the standard client. One of my users has the following situation: when he receives e-mail from another user in the same office here, her mail sometimes goes directly to his Deleted Items folder. It's as though he had a rule determining this, except he does not, nor anything even remotely similar; and it doesn't do this for all mail from this user, only some of it; and not for any other sender, just this one. I am a bit stymied. I'm wondering if perhaps he does in fact have corrupted rules or something attached to his mailbo...

Connection to Exchange Server #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on a WIN2000 machine with SP4 I cannot connect to the exchange server (2003). I have done 7 machines (all WIN 2000) and they work, the 8th machine keeps giving me "The action could not be completed. The connection to the mIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have no TCP/IP problems. Can ping the server by IP and Name. Any help would be appreciated. Charles What authentication do you have set for this one machine? Does creating a new mail profile fix it? --� Milly Staples ...

Shut Down Windows 2000/XP on Exit of POS
Hello, I'm looking for any information on how to force Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro to shut down when a user exits from the RMS POS. I'm trying to pervent the users from getting to the Windows desktop and anytime. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Tracy ...

problem adding disclaimers to exchange 2003 SMTP traffic
As per something I read a long time ago I've registered a vbs script ('EventSinkScript.vbs') so that on the event of 'ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival' I add a disclaimer to the TextBody (or HTML Body). This works fine for two of our servers but doesn't appear to be working for mailboxes on our main internet mail gateway. out setup is this: DublinExchange2k3 server is out internet gateway for mail and LondonExchange2k3 and BelfastExchange2k3 both route internet mail via our WAN through our Dublin Server where the disclaimer is added. These are using SMTP connectors r...

ActiveSync Mobile - "Access Was Denied" Error
We're in the process of setting up mobile activesync on our office smartphones (Orange SPV C500's + C600's). The ActiveSync settings on the phones are all set-up - including username, password, domain and server address (ip address of our exchange server). The problem is however whenever we try to do a manual sync via the phone, it connects but then stops and gives the following error:- "ACCESS WAS DENIED. CHECK YOUR SERVER USERNAME AND PASSWORD IN ACTIVESYNC OPTIONS" "ERROR CODE: HTTP_401" We've obviously checked the username and passwords - the same...

NEED HELP
I have recently tried to open my outlook.pst file which I have copied from my old Windows 98 pc running MS Office 2000 to my new pc (Windows XP Pro) running the same office software appliction and I'm not able to access anything. My pc runs at full cpu usage and I eventually get a message to run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which I have performed a couple of times. Scanpst crashes and I get a message requesting that additonal properties need to be defined. Can someone please explain what these additional properties are and how/where to define them. Is your .pst file on a C...

windows 2000 sp4 install
I'm after a list of all the windows service pack 4 files that is available to download, tried countless times from web sites but it just resets download connection. "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B1EAAE6-9799-4C65-9373-B2B161CC3F1B@microsoft.com... > I'm after a list of all the windows service pack 4 files that is available > to > download, > tried countless times from web sites but it just resets download > connection. Ask in a Windows 2000 group. This group is for Visual Basic. ...

SBS Exchange 2000 NDR's
Please Help! Not sure why, but lately NDR's are not been sent to our clients when they inadvertantly type in a wrong email address in our domain. (ie instead of 1st initial last name they just enter lastname@...) We do get the NDR if a test email is sent locally from within the network! The NDR does appears in the Badmail directory, regardless if sent locally or externally! "Allow NDR's" is definately checked off in ... Global Setting,Internet Message Formats, Default, Advanced No one from outside of the organization ever gets an NDR ????? Very strange! Any assistan...