Exchange 2000: After mailbox move problem with updating public free/busy data

Hello

I have moved a user's Exchange 2000 mailbox to a different server (in a different administrative group)

Now, everytime after the user has added a meeting request to his calendar, when he closes Outlook 2000 he receives the error "Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site.

When I move the mailbox back to the old mail server (and to the original administrative group) the error is gone. The error is also gone when I replicate the free/busy schedule from the originating server to the new mail server

When I look at the public "free/busy schedule" folders of the different administrative groups I notice that each folder has appended the name of the administrative group. This is why the user cannot find the folder (we do not use public folder referral)

My questions are
1) Why does the mailbox, or is it Outlook 2000, still want to update the free/busy folder on the old server
2) How can I change this behaviour

Thanks in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

The user's profile has cached information pointing to the old PF store. When
you move mailboxes between AGs you need to recreate the users' Outlook
profiles.

--
Cheers,

Steve Antonio
Microsoft Exchange Support

"Jos Rossiau" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have moved a user's Exchange 2000 mailbox to a different server (in a
different administrative group).

> Now, everytime after the user has added a meeting request to his calendar,
when he closes Outlook 2000 he receives the error "Unable to update public
free/busy data. The contents of this public folder are currently
unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this
public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this
site."

> When I move the mailbox back to the old mail server (and to the original
administrative group) the error is gone. The error is also gone when I
replicate the free/busy schedule from the originating server to the new mail
server.

> When I look at the public "free/busy schedule" folders of the different
administrative groups I notice that each folder has appended the name of the
administrative group. This is why the user cannot find the folder (we do not
use public folder referral).

> My questions are:
> 1) Why does the mailbox, or is it Outlook 2000, still want to update the
free/busy folder on the old server?
> 2) How can I change this behaviour?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
steveant (150)
2/4/2004 9:42:40 PM
Hi Steve

That's the first thing I did. I deleted the profile and recreated it
The problem was still there

Greetings

Jos Rossiau
0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 9:46:07 AM
May I ask how you actually moved the mailboxes between AG's? There is no
method to do this in Exchange. What application did you use. Seems to me
perhaps there may be an issue with LegacyExchangeDN values or x500
addresses.

--
Cheers,

Steve Antonio
Microsoft Exchange Support

Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

> Hi Steve,
>
> That's the first thing I did. I deleted the profile and recreated it.
> The problem was still there.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jos Rossiau

0
steveant (150)
2/12/2004 4:40:29 PM
We used Microsoft's Active Directory Users and Computers, Exchange tasks and moved the mailbox from one server to another. The servers are both member of a different AG, hence the mailbox has moved from one AG to another AG

Kind Regards

Jos Rossiau
0
anonymous (74722)

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

data input in text box

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

move cell contents

Public holiday in shared folders
Hello, We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert automatiquely the public holiday. Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't work. In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them again in the user's calendar Any idea ? Best regards, Oliver Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't directly add them from within Outlook "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@r...

MS Money 95 data files

Address book updating...

Before Update on record select

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup