Exch2k3 cluster keeps failing! Need urgent help please...

I am having *major* issues with my exchange cluster today, and I don't know
what else to do. I have a 2-node A/P exch2k3 cluster, and all of a sudden
the "smtp virtual server instance" would go into an "online-pending" state.
Once this happens, everyone loses their connection to the server. After a
while, it goes from online-pending, to failed.

That problem is bad enough, but another problem is that, it didn't failover
to the next node, and I've run diagnostics on the server nodes, and they
seem to be fine hardware-wise. These nodes are connected to an HP
StorageWorks SAN, and HBA is Emulex LP9002.

For troubleshooting sake, here's what shows up in the event log:

Event ID: 1014:
SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): IsAlive checking for this
resource failed due to timeout

Event ID: 1005
SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): The IsAlive check for this
resource failed.

Event ID: 1010
SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): Failed to start the service
'SMTPSVC'.

I then have to do a cold boot of *both* nodes to get it back. Then the SMTP
fails again, and it's back to square 1. I'm stuck... can somoene please shed
some light on this problem for me? Why would the smtp virtual server
instance keep failing, and why isn't it failing over?

Help!

0
jdoe8655 (54)

Have you changed any IP addresses of the cluster / SMTP servers?

Paul.
Jon Doe wrote:

> I am having *major* issues with my exchange cluster today, and I don't know
> what else to do. I have a 2-node A/P exch2k3 cluster, and all of a sudden
> the "smtp virtual server instance" would go into an "online-pending" state.
> Once this happens, everyone loses their connection to the server. After a
> while, it goes from online-pending, to failed.
>
> That problem is bad enough, but another problem is that, it didn't failover
> to the next node, and I've run diagnostics on the server nodes, and they
> seem to be fine hardware-wise. These nodes are connected to an HP
> StorageWorks SAN, and HBA is Emulex LP9002.
>
> For troubleshooting sake, here's what shows up in the event log:
>
> Event ID: 1014:
> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): IsAlive checking for this
> resource failed due to timeout
>
> Event ID: 1005
> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): The IsAlive check for this
> resource failed.
>
> Event ID: 1010
> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): Failed to start the service
> 'SMTPSVC'.
>
> I then have to do a cold boot of *both* nodes to get it back. Then the SMTP
> fails again, and it's back to square 1. I'm stuck... can somoene please shed
> some light on this problem for me? Why would the smtp virtual server
> instance keep failing, and why isn't it failing over?
>
> Help!

No, the IP addresses hadn't changed. Nothing really stands out as a cause to
me... just dont know what else to do

"Paul" <paulholding5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you changed any IP addresses of the cluster / SMTP servers?
>
> Paul.
> Jon Doe wrote:
>
>> I am having *major* issues with my exchange cluster today, and I don't
>> know what else to do. I have a 2-node A/P exch2k3 cluster, and all of a
>> sudden the "smtp virtual server instance" would go into an
>> "online-pending" state. Once this happens, everyone loses their
>> connection to the server. After a while, it goes from online-pending, to
>> failed.
>>
>> That problem is bad enough, but another problem is that, it didn't
>> failover to the next node, and I've run diagnostics on the server nodes,
>> and they seem to be fine hardware-wise. These nodes are connected to an
>> HP StorageWorks SAN, and HBA is Emulex LP9002.
>>
>> For troubleshooting sake, here's what shows up in the event log:
>>
>> Event ID: 1014:
>> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): IsAlive checking for this
>> resource failed due to timeout
>>
>> Event ID: 1005
>> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): The IsAlive check for this
>> resource failed.
>>
>> Event ID: 1010
>> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): Failed to start the service
>> 'SMTPSVC'.
>>
>> I then have to do a cold boot of *both* nodes to get it back. Then the
>> SMTP fails again, and it's back to square 1. I'm stuck... can somoene
>> please shed some light on this problem for me? Why would the smtp virtual
>> server instance keep failing, and why isn't it failing over?
>>
>> Help!

0
jdoe8655 (54)
7/15/2005 11:58:03 AM
Can you think of any changes to the environment since it last worked. It
used to work right? :) No DNS changes, SP1 on the machines, firewall changes
(locally), Security Configuration Wizard changes, etc. Anything that might
shed a clue as to what is going on.

Cheers,

Rod

MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit

"Jon Doe" <jdoe@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No, the IP addresses hadn't changed. Nothing really stands out as a cause
> to me... just dont know what else to do
>
> "Paul" <paulholding5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Have you changed any IP addresses of the cluster / SMTP servers?
>>
>> Paul.
>> Jon Doe wrote:
>>
>>> I am having *major* issues with my exchange cluster today, and I don't
>>> know what else to do. I have a 2-node A/P exch2k3 cluster, and all of a
>>> sudden the "smtp virtual server instance" would go into an
>>> "online-pending" state. Once this happens, everyone loses their
>>> connection to the server. After a while, it goes from online-pending, to
>>> failed.
>>>
>>> That problem is bad enough, but another problem is that, it didn't
>>> failover to the next node, and I've run diagnostics on the server nodes,
>>> and they seem to be fine hardware-wise. These nodes are connected to an
>>> HP StorageWorks SAN, and HBA is Emulex LP9002.
>>>
>>> For troubleshooting sake, here's what shows up in the event log:
>>>
>>> Event ID: 1014:
>>> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): IsAlive checking for this
>>> resource failed due to timeout
>>>
>>> Event ID: 1005
>>> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): The IsAlive check for this
>>> resource failed.
>>>
>>> Event ID: 1010
>>> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): Failed to start the service
>>> 'SMTPSVC'.
>>>
>>> I then have to do a cold boot of *both* nodes to get it back. Then the
>>> SMTP fails again, and it's back to square 1. I'm stuck... can somoene
>>> please shed some light on this problem for me? Why would the smtp
>>> virtual server instance keep failing, and why isn't it failing over?
>>>
>>> Help!

0
rod5651 (26)
7/15/2005 12:07:55 PM
Ok bad form on my part for two reasons 1) I incorrectly assumed that you
look up the 1014 error (which I am guessing you either did not or did not
find anything) and 2) replying to my own post (though I do talk to myself a
lot!).

My search came up with these:

CPU usage increases, and poor performance occurs when Outlook Web Access
uses SSL to connect to an Exchange 2003 computer in a cluster -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843226

Increased CPU usage and poor performance may occur when Outlook Web Access
uses an SSL connection to a Exchange Server 2003 computer in a cluster that
is running Windows Server 2003 -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843546

Check both of these out and your CPU stats and get back to us.

"Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
message news:O0JYgXTiFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Can you think of any changes to the environment since it last worked. It
> used to work right? :) No DNS changes, SP1 on the machines, firewall
> changes (locally), Security Configuration Wizard changes, etc. Anything
> that might shed a clue as to what is going on.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rod
>
> MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
> http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
> http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
> http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit
>

> "Jon Doe" <jdoe@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> No, the IP addresses hadn't changed. Nothing really stands out as a cause
>> to me... just dont know what else to do
>>
>> "Paul" <paulholding5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Have you changed any IP addresses of the cluster / SMTP servers?
>>>
>>> Paul.

0
rod5651 (26)
7/15/2005 12:20:34 PM
Had a same issue - for me it was McAfee VirusScan 8.0 - check if you either
AV or host based firewall is blocking SMTP port 25! Cluster constantly
checks it's resources and its trying to access port 25 - when it fails to do
so (for me it was anti virus) it fails the resource and than it fails the
cluster...

Dejan Ristic

> I am having *major* issues with my exchange cluster today, and I don't
> know what else to do. I have a 2-node A/P exch2k3 cluster, and all of a
> sudden the "smtp virtual server instance" would go into an
> "online-pending" state. Once this happens, everyone loses their connection
> to the server. After a while, it goes from online-pending, to failed.
>
> That problem is bad enough, but another problem is that, it didn't
> failover to the next node, and I've run diagnostics on the server nodes,
> and they seem to be fine hardware-wise. These nodes are connected to an HP
> StorageWorks SAN, and HBA is Emulex LP9002.
>
> For troubleshooting sake, here's what shows up in the event log:
>
> Event ID: 1014:
> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): IsAlive checking for this
> resource failed due to timeout
>
> Event ID: 1005
> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): The IsAlive check for this
> resource failed.
>
> Event ID: 1010
> SMTP Virtual Server Instance 1 (servername): Failed to start the service
> 'SMTPSVC'.
>
> I then have to do a cold boot of *both* nodes to get it back. Then the
> SMTP fails again, and it's back to square 1. I'm stuck... can somoene
> please shed some light on this problem for me? Why would the smtp virtual
> server instance keep failing, and why isn't it failing over?
>
> Help!

0
ristic (2)
7/15/2005 1:38:32 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. It turns out the problem was that the HBA was
resetting the bus. Disabled that, and the problem seems to have gone away.

"Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
message news:Ob%23skeTiFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Ok bad form on my part for two reasons 1) I incorrectly assumed that you
> look up the 1014 error (which I am guessing you either did not or did not
> find anything) and 2) replying to my own post (though I do talk to myself
> a lot!).
>
> My search came up with these:
>
> CPU usage increases, and poor performance occurs when Outlook Web Access
> uses SSL to connect to an Exchange 2003 computer in a cluster -
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843226
>
> Increased CPU usage and poor performance may occur when Outlook Web Access
> uses an SSL connection to a Exchange Server 2003 computer in a cluster
> that is running Windows Server 2003 -
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843546
>
> Check both of these out and your CPU stats and get back to us.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rod
>
> MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
> http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
> http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
> http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit
>

> "Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
> message news:O0JYgXTiFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Can you think of any changes to the environment since it last worked. It
>> used to work right? :) No DNS changes, SP1 on the machines, firewall
>> changes (locally), Security Configuration Wizard changes, etc. Anything
>> that might shed a clue as to what is going on.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rod
>>
>> MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
>> http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
>> http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
>> http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit
>>

>> "Jon Doe" <jdoe@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> No, the IP addresses hadn't changed. Nothing really stands out as a
>>> cause to me... just dont know what else to do
>>>
>>> "Paul" <paulholding5@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
jdoe8655 (54)
7/15/2005 10:49:11 PM
We are having the same exact issue.  Where and what did you disable to solve
the issue with the HBA resetting the bus?  Thanks for the advice

"Jon Doe" wrote:

> Thanks for your help everyone. It turns out the problem was that the HBA was
> resetting the bus. Disabled that, and the problem seems to have gone away.
>
> "Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
> message news:Ob%23skeTiFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Ok bad form on my part for two reasons 1) I incorrectly assumed that you
> > look up the 1014 error (which I am guessing you either did not or did not
> > find anything) and 2) replying to my own post (though I do talk to myself
> > a lot!).
> >
> > My search came up with these:
> >
> > CPU usage increases, and poor performance occurs when Outlook Web Access
> > uses SSL to connect to an Exchange 2003 computer in a cluster -
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843226
> >
> > Increased CPU usage and poor performance may occur when Outlook Web Access
> > uses an SSL connection to a Exchange Server 2003 computer in a cluster
> > that is running Windows Server 2003 -
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843546
> >
> > Check both of these out and your CPU stats and get back to us.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rod
> >
> > MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
> > http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
> > http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
> > http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit
> >

> > "Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
> > message news:O0JYgXTiFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> Can you think of any changes to the environment since it last worked. It
> >> used to work right? :) No DNS changes, SP1 on the machines, firewall
> >> changes (locally), Security Configuration Wizard changes, etc. Anything
> >> that might shed a clue as to what is going on.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Rod
> >>
> >> MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
> >> http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
> >> http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
> >> http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit
> >>

> >> "Jon Doe" <jdoe@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
DrGadget (5)
7/19/2005 2:24:02 PM
Using the light pulse software lptutilnt.exe check the resettprlo setting I
think it should be set to 2. also check you are using the latest HBA drivers
(EVA Platform kit F). Also check Topology setting should be set to 1.

The right drivers normal sort it out. SCSI resets dissapear.

Rgds

Mark Burse

"Dr. Gadget" wrote:

> We are having the same exact issue.  Where and what did you disable to solve
> the issue with the HBA resetting the bus?  Thanks for the advice
>
> "Jon Doe" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your help everyone. It turns out the problem was that the HBA was
> > resetting the bus. Disabled that, and the problem seems to have gone away.
> >
> > "Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
> > message news:Ob%23skeTiFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Ok bad form on my part for two reasons 1) I incorrectly assumed that you
> > > look up the 1014 error (which I am guessing you either did not or did not
> > > find anything) and 2) replying to my own post (though I do talk to myself
> > > a lot!).
> > >
> > > My search came up with these:
> > >
> > > CPU usage increases, and poor performance occurs when Outlook Web Access
> > > uses SSL to connect to an Exchange 2003 computer in a cluster -
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843226
> > >
> > > Increased CPU usage and poor performance may occur when Outlook Web Access
> > > uses an SSL connection to a Exchange Server 2003 computer in a cluster
> > > that is running Windows Server 2003 -
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843546
> > >
> > > Check both of these out and your CPU stats and get back to us.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Rod
> > >
> > > MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
> > > http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering Website
> > > http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
> > > http://www.itsummitseries.com/experts/fournier.htm - Cluster Summit
> > >

> > > "Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" <rod@die.spam.die.nw-america.com> wrote in
> > > message news:O0JYgXTiFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Help with DLookup
I have a DLookup function on my form and it works by finding the information once I exit and then re-enter the form, it does not bring in the information as soon as I enter the information in the lookup field. =DLookUp("[Employee Name]","[Employee Information]","[Employee ID]=forms![Timesheet Entry]![Employee ID]") Does anybody know why it is not updating immediately? All help is greatly appreciated Where are you using this expression -- as the control source of a textbox? More details about the form's design and how you're using the form, please....

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Tricky Formula.. Please Help
I have created a time roster.. easy in each day I have start,end and break deduction.. still no probs I need to create an output formula for hours worked after a 16:00 from the start and end range on a day. So in the roster it will still display normal hours, however I will create a field for hours after 16:00. this is for calculating a different wage rate. Thanks Aaron See response in .programming -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Aaron H" <aaron@istarnetworks.com.au> wrote in message news:uU96kXI$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

Conditional Formating Help

help diagnosing what's going on in ExchangeServer2000
I'm fairly ignorant of exactly how ES2000 works and would like some general information to help in my diagnosing why some emails are not being delivered to certain email domains (more correctly, why some emails are not being forwarded actually...ES2K is part of a voicemail system where some users have ..wav copies of the voicemails forwarded to their various off-site email accounts) . Here are my questions: 1. How can I see what emails are being forward? Is there a file/folder akin to the SentItems folder in Outook? 2. If there are send failures, where can I find them and how can ...

screen prints failing best demonstrated practice
When Outlook messages have screen prints embedded and the email is related and tracked in CRM the screen print does not come over to CRM. I understand this is not supported. But, what are practitioners doing to manage retaining these screen prints as pertinent background for the case. Looking for best practice. ...

Need a Pause in a macro
Hi, I have a macro that goes out and retrieves data from a text file opened with Excel, then pastes the data back in my worksheet and closes the text file back up. For some reason, the data that is being brought in is being inserted in multiple columns because it is using a space seperator now in lieu of a tab seperator. Anyhow, if I go into my macro and remove the part that closes the file I'm retrieving the data from everything still works??? However, that file won't close. Is there a line that I can add to my macro to allow a pause for things to get caught up before the workboo...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

Keeps asking for password #2
I have followed all of the instructions given previously, I have deleted and recreated my e-mail account but Outlook 2002 (Windows XP) still keeps asking me for user ID and password every time it tries to send / recieve. The strange thing is that I have two accounts and this is only a problem with one of them. one of your accounts is set to ask formy outgoing server requires authentication, see under tools ...accounts... send...and then advanced email settings, or just double click on the email accunt , it wil give you the properties, take it from there it should be the settings should ...

help with unusual request
Hello everyone, My boss has hit me with an odd request and I would like to ask for someone to point me in the right direction. What he wants is everytime anyone sends or recieves an email that a copy is made that he can get to anytime he wants. I talked to him about our daily backups, but he wants something that's realtime and that he can get to whenever he wants. I'm stuck and looking for ideas. We're currently on Exchange 5.5 with all of the latest service packs and patches. Any and all help is very much appreciated. You can enable "message journaling" fea...

Help designing a checklist in access
Hello All My company currently uses excel checklists to ensure that projects are completed fully. we have around 10 different checklists. each checklist (excel file) has 6 sheets, each sheet 15 questions or steps. most answers are Y,N,NA and the employees put their initials in the correct answer column. Many questions are redundant throughout the 10 checklists. I would like to create the checklists in access because their are too many excel files getting lost and if we change question/ step. we have to change it multiple times. the employees need to enter a clients name and then choose the c...

Why are checks printing incorrect amounts? Please help.
When I print a Payables check batch, several invoices within the batch are printing incorrectly as $0.00 amount, even though it should be paying off a certain amount. The problem seems to be with invoices that are applied to credit memos. Say I have an invoice for $500 and I apply a credit memo of $80 to the invoice, when I go back to pay the invoice, it should pay $420, but instead it shows $0.00 under amount paid column of check stub. Does anyone know why this is occuring? By the way, I am using MICR check printing. ...

Timesheet Pseudo Tied Mode
I'm hoping that I might have a colleague out there who could help me offline figure out how to install this open source utility (unsupported by Microsoft but apparently works OK for some of their clients) that streamlines the Timesheet process (automatically synchronizes the data into My Tasks whenever a timesheet is saved). I'm not sure where to start and may need someone to bounce questions off of - especially if you've been successful with it. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Anovak, We installed it (still using the version 1.3 based on event handler) and we're usi...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Help in turning off underlining and blue font
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic underlining and blue font of the text when entering a email address in a cell? Thanks, Bob Tools / Autocorrect options / Autoformat Tab / Replace Network paths with hyperlinks - Deselect it -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Help with counting formula
Sheet 1, Row 1, Column 2 - opening hours divide into 15min segments. B1 - 08:00, C2 - 08:15, D2 - 08:30, and so on. Sheet 2 , Columns 1 and 2 - a list of each agents break times. Column A - Start time (eg 10:00) and Column B - End time (eg 10:30). Sheet 1, Row 2, Column 1 - summary titles. (eg Cell A2 - "Morning Break"). Problem: I need to summarise the number of agents away on, say, "Morning Break" per 15 min segment. So, B2 must count the number of people on "Morning Break" at 08:00, B3..the number of people of people on morning break at 08:15, a...

Please help! Outlook not working at all!
Hi! I have been working with Outlook for years - it was always a great feature - but now it is critical since I have an Ipaq that I need to sync to it. Outlook somehow is no longer working/on my computer. I have tried repeatedly to reinstall - to "fix" - anything with NO luck. I get an icon to click on for Outlook and then it goes directly to personal folders (nothing actually happens). Every other component of Office 2000 is working perfectly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I am desperado!!!! Have you run "Detect and Repair" from under help in Outl...

Match() - Offset()
Often I see mention of Offset(), Match(), & Index() XL functions. Could someone big-picture these functions for me? I have not used these functions yet in data lookup or evaluation. Shame on me. That said, The concept of "Index" I understand from db work. "Match" seems vaguely logical to me for "lookup" work. "Offset" means nothing to me yet. Reading the XL help or reference books do not give me typical uses and why's of the functions. My focus is the accounting/financial world. Using XP Pro & XL XP Pro SP1. Dennis This file b...

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted
I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem. The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message always appears. Any one have any ideas? Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted Sean For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that...

Updates Failing
Howdy, I just got Microsoft Money 2007 Premium Version 16.0.125.162 and it will not download/install the updates no matter what I do. I've installed and uninstalled the software, attempted to download the updates again and it is not working. Can anyone give me a work around or a fix for this? I've been looking around the MNYCoreFiles and it appears the files are downloading it just is not applying the updates preoperly. Thanks, owen Delete your temp files. Then open the money sample file and see if the updates are applied. If you still are having problems search the news grou...

Help with XslCompiledTransform
I am using XslCompiledTransform to transform XML into Excel 2003 SpreadsheetML. In order to get the resulting XML file to open in Excel, we need the following two lines at the top of the file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?> I can get the <?mso-application ...> line by using an <xsl:processing-instruction> element, but for the life of me I can't get XslCompiledTransform to include the basic <?xml...> line. When creating the XmlWriterSettings for use in the transform, I have not altered the OmitXmlDeclarati...

Help mfcdll not working in vb
I am trying to write one MFC dll. I have created one test function declared like this in the cpp of dll _declspec(dllexport)void test() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); AfxMessageBox("Hello"); } the problem is that this dll works fine when i use it in vc project but in VB it gives the following error Can't find dll entry point test in test.dll However when i declare this function in test.def it starts working in VB but gives an error in VC. I am not able to find out the reason for this behaviour. I will be thankful for any help on this. Sumit Marwal ...