Exch2003 SP2 install can't stop smtp service

I have a Win2003 SP1 server running Exch2003 SP1, when I try to install
Exch2003 SP2, it is unable to stop the SMTP service and never finishes.  I
tried to stop all Exchange services and run the service pack again, but I
can't get the SMTP service to stop.  I get a 1053 error the the service did
not respond to the stop request. I tried stopping the SMTP service via the
services gui interface and I also tried it via command line.
Any thoughts?
--
Thanks for your help.
0

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:18:01 -0800, Landon <ljbideaux@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a Win2003 SP1 server running Exch2003 SP1, when I try to install
>Exch2003 SP2, it is unable to stop the SMTP service and never finishes.  I
>tried to stop all Exchange services and run the service pack again, but I
>can't get the SMTP service to stop.  I get a 1053 error the the service did
>not respond to the stop request. I tried stopping the SMTP service via the
>services gui interface and I also tried it via command line.
>Any thoughts?

Set it disabled and reboot. Or set it to manual along with the
IISADMIN service to manual  and reboot.
0
adavid (8731)

Can't install Windows XP Service Pack 2 [GERMAN!] Windows XP Service Pack 2 kann nicht installiert werden
GERMAN: Hallo, ich habe einen laptop von 2004 (Medion) und betriebsystem ist von 2005. Der Laptop ist schon ziehmlich kaput aber ich kann ihn noch f�r das Internet benutzen. Wenn ich Windows XP Service Pack 2 installiere, macht er die inventur und stirbt ab! Blue Screen und keine Chance auf die installation von SP2. ENGLISH: Hi, I have a laptop from 2004 (Medion) and operating system by 2005. The laptop is already broken, but I can use it for the Internet. If I install Windows XP Service Pack 2, makes the inventory and dies! Blue screen and no chance on the insta...

2000: All SMTP Mail Going Via Exchange Instead
I have been successfully using Outlook 2000 to send via multiple accounts, including the in-house Exchange server and multiple outside SMTP servers, for years, via the Services option. Yesterday, suddenly, this no longer works. Now, if I'm logged into the Exchange server and have my incoming mail directed to my Exchange Inbox as usual, all outgoing SMTP mail is sent via the Exchange server no matter which SMTP service I have at the top of the Services --> Delivery tab. If I'm not logged into the Exchange server, or I have mail going into a different mailbox, the SMTP servers work...

stop excel 2002 from opening a new workbook each time a new spreadsheet is opened
I can not figure out how to just have one instance of excel opened and then open a new spreadsheet and not have it open a new workbook and fill up my start bar with multiple instances of excel Can anyone help me out with this I would like to just be able to open excel and have only one instance of excel in the start bar even if I start a new workbook or open other exsisting workbooks I am using excel 2002 (XP) with windows XP pro Thanks in advance If you have "Windows in Taskbar" selected under Tools, Options, View it may look like multiple instances. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

how to select primary smtp address
Hi. I have a couple of e-mail address assigned to my account(i.e. elvyn@xxx.com and elvyn@zzz.com). I'm currently using OL2k03 together with EX2k03 and I would like to be able to select what email address to use at the moment that I create and email?. Currently is always taking my primary e-mail address. Any ideas? -- Elvyn Gutierrez Pellerano & Herrera when you have multiple accounts in outlook, an "account" button with a pulldown appears beside the send button you can change the sending account there for that email only. "Elvyn Gutierrez" <elvyng@code...

Email sent via Exchange instead of external SMTP from within applications
Outlook 2002 in an Exchange 5.5 environment. User also has a POP3&SMTP account configured. When creating a new email message, user can select the external SMTP account to send the message no problem. This works great. However, when user is inside any windows application, like Word, Excel or even just in Windows Explorer browsing files, and chooses to Send File, Outlook 2002 insists on using Exchange. Even when user specifies to use the external SMTP account and Outlook 2002 says it will use the external account, it doesn't. Email still goes out Exchange. Have changed the default...

Outlook 2002 Post Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package
Where can I locate and download the hotfix (kbQFE kbbug kbfix kbofficexppresp3fix KB821804 kbAudEndUser)? I have not been able to it. ...

Can't setup Internet Email Service
I have recently setup Internet Email on some all PC's in the Office, however there is one PC which I can not setup Internet Email, the version of outlook is the same on all the others that I have setup. I can't see the Internet email option when I go to the Service under tools in outlook, I did a search for the file (.dll) that are associated to the Internet Email service and there are there on the PC. I have unitalled Outlook and Re-installed and I still can't set this Up. Could anyone please help me on how to get around this. Thanks in anticipation. ...

CRM must accept service activities larger than employee work hours
When we try to search employee's available time for a service activity with a duration that is larger than the employee's work hours, CRM can't find available people, even if there is no activities scheduled for that employee. For sample: You have an activity with 24 hours of duration. An employee that works 8 hours per day, can accept that activity and execute it in 3 working days. So if my employee have 24 hours sequentially available, but distributed between his regular working time, than I can schedule that activity for him. My suggestion is that Microsoft includes a c...

How to stop someone from hijacking a userid/password?
Hi A couple of days ago someone on the Internet cracked a uid/pwd on our exchange server and were using that to send spam. How can I stop that in the future. Our users change their password frequently - once a month. Refer to http://www.spammarshall.com/SpamMarshallWeb/SMTPIntrusionDetection.jsp Mike Adam wrote: > Hi, > A couple of days ago someone on the Internet cracked a uid/pwd on our exchange server and were using that to send spam. How can I stop that in the future. Our users change their password frequently - once a month. ...

Too many Names in Directory Service Error
Hi, Exchange 2003. When setting up an Outlook 2003 client for a new user , and performing the "Check name" operation to verify the server and alias, I receive an error "too many names have been found in the directory service or the server has reached its time limit fo searching". And consequently can't setup Outlook. OWA works fine for this new user. There are around 30 existing users - which have been setup over the last year or so - without any problems. I have tried setting up an Outlook 2003 profile for a different (existing user) on this machine, and...

How to? Import .xls to a new installed CRM??? URGENT!!!!!
How to? Import .xls to a new installed CRM??? URGENT!!!!! Many thanks. Is it use DMF or SQL Ent Manager? You can either use DMF or Scribe Insight for Microsoft CRM from www.scribesoft.com You must not use Enterprise manager. Not supported and it will all go wrong for you "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:E5BE828B-96EF-4736-9C26-9F756DDAB0F5@microsoft.com... > Is it use DMF or SQL Ent Manager? Thanks Peter, I want free way. :) ...

Updated Vista to SP2, and can't boot up.
I've been running Vista on Service Pack 1 for some time, and tonight I tried for the second time to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 for x64 systems (KB948465). Both times I was told it downloaded successfully, when shutting down I was told it installed successfully. Then Vista gets halfway through booting up and a blue screen error flashes up lightning fast (too quick to read) and it restarts over in a never ending loop, getting only as far as the blue screen flash every time. I can successfully restore back with recovery to the point before the update was install...

XP SP2 & Outlook Removal
Hi Y'all, I had Outlook installed in my XP computer and then uninstalled it and went back to Outlook Express. Everything was fine. Along came XP SP2 and now I can't mail links from the web browser (Internet Explorer) because it can't find outlook.pst. Note: It's looking for this file (which doesn't exist on my computer) in my mail directory (which is not the default - I chose a different hard disk and folder for mail storage). Any way, regardless, of what caused the problem initially, any suggestions? I've tried looking for any reference to outlook.pst in the regi...

kbfiltr and moufiltr install at class-level
hello, i have successfuly installed both the kbfiltr and the moufiltr on our test pc (which is xp). i have installed them both as class-level upper filters. for the keyboard, i have tried ps/2 and usb and they both seem to be working fine. for the mouse i have only tried usb but i am assuming(!) ps/2 will work too. the way i installed both the filter drivers was a simple two-step process. 1) i went into the registry and modified the HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Class/{4Dxxxxx} key, and set the UpperFilters to "kbfiltr kdbclass". same for mouse. 2) i created a...

MOSS 2007 Licensing w/ SQL Reporting Services
After review the installation guide it appears that I will have to install the MOSS 2007 WFE on our SQL Server to use the SSRS Sharepoint integration. So to use the SSRS SharePoint integration do I need to have an additional server license of MOSS so I can install the WFE on our SQL Server? Thanks, You don't need to install SharePoint on SQL. You do need to install the SSRS component on your SharePoint however. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Kai Stankey" <KaiStankey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

How do I stop opening new publications?
We're working on the literary magazine, and we took something from a floppy and put it on the first page. Then we took out the floppy, put in another one, and put that document on page two. However, it opened a whole new publication and we currently have seven new publications running. How do I stop this? PS: We honestly DO know how to run computers...just NOT Publisher. I promise. Have you tried...Insert / Page... (Ctrl+Shift+N). Also it may be a good idea to copy the files to your hard drive before importing them into Publisher. -- John Inzer "InTooDeep0604" &...

E-mail folders will not open when Outlook installed
After OUTLOOK 2002 was installed on my computer it would not work properly, and the following error message was received: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found." "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered ...

microsoft installation error #2
When i try to install office 2004 for mac standard edition it tells me that some of the files in the "English Dictionary" cannot be read and so it never fully installs on my computer. I have used the auto installer but it cuts out half way through like its done but then won't allow anything to open and all i can find in the micoroft office folder is "microsoftoffice.bundle" or something to that extent.. can someone please help me figure out the installation process. thanks On 11/27/06 10:44 AM, in article 1164653050.770317.87650@14g2000cws.googlegroups.com, "c...

Cannot update IMF in Exchange 2003 sp2
I have several clients that cannot update their IMF in Exchange 2003 SP2. We have SP2 applied. We have updated the ContentFilterState in the registry We have updated to MSUpdate (not Windows Update) When we go to MS Update there are NO IMF updates available. Does anyone know what the cause might be? Can I manually download the ..exe and run the update on the servers that need the update? I have reviewed the MS article released on Nov. 1, 2006. It mentions how to manually install updates but gives no information about where to find the downloads (other than the MSUpdate site). Thanks! ...

Exchange SP2 #2
Hi I want Exchange2003 SP2, and i want to know about new features in exchange2003 SP2, what are the enhanced features in exchange2003 SP2 Regards Adehas MS has all of that info posted on their website. -GT "Adehas" <Adehas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AEB17FD-C9D4-44C2-A24C-CE18962760BD@microsoft.com... > Hi > I want Exchange2003 SP2, and i want to know about new features in > exchange2003 SP2, what are the enhanced features in exchange2003 SP2 > Regards > Adehas > http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sp2/topten.mspx...

Hosting Exchange Services Licensing
So my I.T. company inherited a copy of Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition from another company that went bankrupt. We currently host multiple websites on our Server 2000 machines and would like to now offer email for our customers. The service we would like to offer these customers is OWA access. No POP3. I am slightly confused as to what licenses we would need to acquire to be 'legal'. I have looked on Microsoft's website and am even more confused. From what I read, Exchange 2000 Enterprise Ed. only supports per seat licensing. Each CAL runs approximately $67.00. Am I correct...

SMTP Switch utility
Hi All, Is there such a utility that will allow an easy change of the outgoing (SMTP) server? Recent changes by many ISP's mean that the clients cannot use the same SMTP server wherever they go (port 25 is blocked) and most of them are reluctant and not confident in changing the settings even though I have given them written instructions with nice pictures. Ideally I would like to have a utility, with some preconfigured servers, that allows the user to quickly change the SMTP server with relatively few mouse clicks, and allows them to enter new servers. While in the office, the clients...

550 You must SMTP Authenticate ...
Hi, Over the past week, I've been receiving an error message when sending out some emails using Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP3: 550 You must SMTP Authenticate before sending to <email address> My IPS is Roadrunner and I have Norton Internet Security 2005. I've experimented with the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" setting and the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and the problem does not get resolved. Can anyone help me understand why? Thanks, George -- minding@minding.org Hi, There are many ways of authentication, you ...

Install EFT for Payables
Where do you install EFT for Payables in GP 10.0? I found Safe Pay and EFT for Receivables but I can't find EFT for Payables. Is it part of GP Payables now? Any help is appreciated. -- Ladd Sustar Hi, There is no special installation necessary. It was merged into A/P. It automatically installs. For module setup go to Cards>Financial> EFT File format For Checkbook setup go to Cards>Financial>Checkbook and then select the 'EFT Bank' button in the lower right-hand corner. Select a Bank Country/Region and then select the 'Payables Options' button in the l...

Filtering out email for which no SMTP name exists
Hi All, I get a large number of emails directed at my domain everyday to SMTP accounts that don't exist... joeblow@domain.com, thisdoesntpossiblyexist@domain.com, lkjadgakeid@domain.com etc etc Is there a simple way for me to send or forward emails to SMTP addresses that don't exist in my domain off into oblivion, so I don't have to deal with them? Right now, all "Undeliverable" emails are being forwarded into MY email Inbox, and I delete them. (I use a Rule to move them to another folder, but, still...there must be a better way, isn't there?) Or is there ...