Exch. Server in Child Domain - Public Folders

Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange
server?

Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org.

Nue
"Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message
> Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's
> exchange server?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/23/2006 6:27:41 PM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote:

>Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange
>server?

You mean replicated? Sure, Why not?

0
adavid (8731)
2/23/2006 6:28:46 PM
What is standard practice? Would a Child domain usually have it's own public
folders?  Would one be able to see the other?

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote:
>
>>Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's
>>exchange
>>server?
>>

> You mean replicated? Sure, Why not?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:37:56 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
<Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote:

>What is standard practice? Would a Child domain usually have it's own public
>folders?  Would one be able to see the other?

I dont think there is a standard practice or recommendation. It all
depends on how you want to lay it out and what your support model
looks like.
Are the both in the same routing group?

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
>> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's
>>>exchange
>>>server?
>>>

>> You mean replicated? Sure, Why not?

0
adavid (8731)
2/23/2006 6:42:11 PM
Yes.   I just setup replication of the two main public calendars and the
public contacts.  I think that should be sufficient.

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:37:56 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote:
>
>>What is standard practice? Would a Child domain usually have it's own
>>public
>>folders?  Would one be able to see the other?
>>

> I dont think there is a standard practice or recommendation. It all
> depends on how you want to lay it out and what your support model
> looks like.
> Are the both in the same routing group?
>

>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> You mean replicated? Sure, Why not?

But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child
Domain's users' outlook???

> Yes.   I just setup replication of the two main public calendars and the
> public contacts.  I think that should be sufficient.
>

> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> message news:1e0sv158p98tkm1jq0lep4es72p7vv2ocm@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:37:56 -0800, "Dan Klinge"
>> <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What is standard practice? Would a Child domain usually have it's own
>>>public
>>>folders?  Would one be able to see the other?
>>>

>> I dont think there is a standard practice or recommendation. It all
>> depends on how you want to lay it out and what your support model
>> looks like.
>> Are the both in the same routing group?
>>

>>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>message

0
Yomama2853 (53)
2/28/2006 10:16:27 PM
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the
objects that I want to replicate...

Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003

Dan Klinge wrote:
> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child
> Domain's users' outlook???
>

> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message
>> Yes.   I just setup replication of the two main public calendars and the
>> public contacts.  I think that should be sufficient.
>>

>> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>> message news:1e0sv158p98tkm1jq0lep4es72p7vv2ocm@4ax.com...

>>> I dont think there is a standard practice or recommendation. It all
>>> depends on how you want to lay it out and what your support model
>>> looks like.
>>> Are the both in the same routing group?

0
Dan7122 (6)
3/3/2006 6:40:56 PM
I think the issue might be right here....    any ideas?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: Replication Errors
Event ID: 3093
Date:  3/7/2006
Time:  7:21:51 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: HERMES
Error -2147221233 reading property 0x674b0014 on object type tbtMsgFolder
from database "First Storage Group\Public".

"Dan Klinge" <Dan@YoMamasHouse.com> wrote in message
> I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects
> that I want to replicate...
>
> Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003
>

> Dan Klinge wrote:
>> But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the
>> Child Domain's users' outlook???
>>

>> "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes.   I just setup replication of the two main public calendars and the
>>> public contacts.  I think that should be sufficient.
>>>

>>> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>> message news:1e0sv158p98tkm1jq0lep4es72p7vv2ocm@4ax.com...

0
Yomama2853 (53)

Effect of Domain change on Outlook
My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup. Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch. Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be re-stored? Thank you in advance, Ben If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a = different name than outlook.pst -...

Virus Mydoom found in the IN folder
I got the Mydoom virus this weeken on my exchange sever and it quarantine 6 files in the IN folder starting with DY6WQ9 then the next two letters are different for each file. My question is once I delete these files will I be ok, Or have to recover these files from a backup? Its funny there is no sign of the virus in the Registry or from the removal tool. I am fully protected with Symantec Corporate Edition Plus Norton Exchange. You need to configure your file based AV to exclude the \Exchsrvr folders and let your Exchange AV handle the email. You are not doing that currently. This is a...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Expression Calling Public Function In Access 2007
Hello Everyone, I have a perfectly functioning db in 2000-02 and 03. On a calendar form, that lives inside another form, I have all the day buttons OnClick event tied to an expression that points to a public function in the forms code container. Looks like this =ClickMe(11). Code Looks like this: Public Sub ClickMe(ByVal iLabelNum As Integer) DoCmd.Hourglass True Me.Repaint Call SelectDay(("lbl" & CStr(iLabelNum))) DoCmd.Hourglass False Exit Sub In Access 2007 (either in 2002 or converted to 2007), I receive an error: something about "The expression On Click you e...

Foundation and Server
Is Sharepoint Foundation 2010 an essential if I am going to install Sharepoint Server 2010? ...

Server error
Hi all i m sending this request to google server GET http://www.google.com/reader/atom/%s/private/full HTTP/1.0\r \nAuthorization: GoogleLogin auth=%s\r\n\r\n" , strUserName(Usermailid) , strAuthKey(Authtikation key) ); it is giving such kind of Message (The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.<p></p> Please try again in 30 seconds.) So firstly i waited for some time but after waiting such a long time it is giving same kind of Message . one other query if the url is wrong then it gives the same kind of message or somethin...

Setting up Server information
I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various email account types I can use as I have an email address with yahoo and msn. -- Microsoft questioning "inevitable" <inevitable@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E8A5145-F746-40B1-B40F-48AD423E816E@microsoft.com... >I would like to know how to locate incoming and outgoing mail server > information. Another problem I have is knowledge about how many various > email > account types I can use as I have an ema...

Detachable MDI child windows
Hi guys, did anyone of you come around a sample code implementation of a MDI app that allows to detach child windows and move them outside the parent (main frame) window ? i know this question was asked about 2 years ago but up to now there seems to be no real solution to the problem (the answer 2 years ago was very vague for non professional programmers). no code seems to be available anywhere on the net that adresses this feature - either nobody wants it or it is a REAL pain to implement it ! any good soul willing to shed more light on this and/or provide code snippets ? br, norbert Hi No...

Create MDI Child inside a thread?
I have attempted this through a CWinThread derived class but have been unable to get the window creation to work correctly. This is what I have so far: BOOL CSecurityFrameThread::InitInstance() { CRuntimeClass *pRT = RUNTIME_CLASS( CSecurityFrame ); CFrameWnd *pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)pRT->CreateObject(); CCreateContext ct; ct.m_pCurrentDoc = NULL; ct.m_pCurrentFrame = (CFrameWnd *)m_pParent; ct.m_pLastView = NULL; ct.m_pNewDocTemplate = NULL; BOOL bSuccess = pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_TRUSSVIEWER, WS_VISIBLE | WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_CHILD...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

small Business Server 03-02-05
hi everyone, I am installing the MS CRM on a small busines server. I can setup the small business server as the Domain controller and install the SQL and exchange and MS CRM. My question is during the Small business server setup or after installation of the SBS, I can set up the ISA server, the sql server and the exchange server from the SBS CDs??? or i should install SQL from the SQL CD and exchange server from the exchange CD. I installed all the tools from the SBS Cds. With these tools i haven´t problems. The only think is that SBS was thinking for small companies and don´...

Outlook Client: Change the On Line Server address
Hi, Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook Client uses to syncronise? -- Thanks in advance Chris Hi Chris, You can make this change by editing the following registry key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\ServerUrl. The usual warning - please be careful while making registry edits! HTH, Niths "BoltonWolf" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to change the address of the CRM server that the Outlook > Client uses to syncronise? > -- > Thanks in advance > Chris Thanks for that, I think that works ok. I'...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

Outlook Setup Error: Server not yet upgraded
Hey all, I have a MS CRM 3.0 client working fine for months now. Seems that one user left, so they repurposed their laptop for a new hire (without removing CRM first). When I try to install the Outlook client, I get this error: Microsoft CRM for Outlook setup error: Your Microsoft CRM Server application has not yet been upgraded. Upgrade Microsoft CRM Server first, and then try upgrading Microsoft CRM for Outlook again. Sounds like there are some old entries in the registry ? Anybody come across this, and better yet, know of a solution? Thanks, Dave Dave, never see your error but t...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

FTP upload to Server
I'd like to use the Save-On-Close Macro to automatically perform an FTP upload to save the file to my server site. Before I try to write the macro code, I need to figure out how to do it manually. I'm running Excel97 under WinXP. I could probably write (with lots of learning) a .bat file to do the job using a separate FTP application, but then I'd have to install that file on all machines from which file was to be uploaded. The help menu says: On File Menu - Click "Save as" in "save in" box, click internet locations (FTP) [ I only find a comman...

VM Disk Configuration for SQL Server (2005/2008/2008 R2).
I read in one of the blogs that Microsoft recommends settingup "Pass Through Disks" as compared to "Fixed" or "Dynamic" disk in VMs. Is this the official policy and can I get any white paper, weblink on that? I was talking to the Storage Engineer at my workplace and he remarked that Pass Through Disks would render ineffective the benefits of virtualization. If so, can we arrive at a middle ground of using Fixed Disks? On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:01:02 -0700, MZeeshan <mzeeshan@community.nospam> wrote: >I read in one of the blogs that Micros...

Domain Trusts and the SFO Client
Hi; Does anyone have a definitive answer on the types of trust required when installing the SFO Client into a domain other than the CRM domain? Does it require a trust at all, and if so can it be a one-way (the CRM domain trusting the non-CRM domain) or must it be a two-way? I've read a lot of conflicting posts and have my own opinion, but just wondering if there is an 'official' stance on this? Thanks very much, Dave Ireland Salentica Systems Inc. ------=_NextPart_0001_5AD4E092 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Dave~ You should be able to s...

Mail addressed to user delivered to domain
Hi Guys, My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1 I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the organisation. It has then been received by all users within the organisation. I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to the user. I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled. I am at a loss to explain how this could occur. Does anyone have any ideas? On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...