Exch Pre-production NICs differs from Production servers

I have a pair of clustered Exch2003 where I plan to test patches, Service
packs, anti-software updates ,etc.

Those pre-production servers will have different NIC adapters than the
Production servers. That's because I have fiber connection available to the
Production servers, but I will have to use copper cables to the
pre-production ones.

An alternative would leaving both Production and Pre-production clusters
setup without 'NIC teaming'. In that case, they would have same NIC
configuration (one fiber NIC and one Copper NIC each server), but no
teaming.

Please let me know which of the two options would be a better approach.

0
marlon_brown (142)

Exchange 2003 OWA Multihomed Server Config Question
I have a question regarding a configuration on a single multi-homed E2K3 server. I have an E.5.5 server that I just installed E2K3 into its Site. People still are using E5.5 OWA via a pinhole in a router. As I will be moving users over slowly, I want the new users to be able to access E2K3 OWA. The E2K3 server is on a Win2K3 OS with 2 NICs. I installed RRAS so that I could take advantage of some improved IP filtering as the WAN NIC is directly on the Internet. As OWA will be using only SSL, I figured I could just add port 443 for inbound. The external NIC has only an IP and a submask (no Gat...

Freeware mail server needed
Hello, Can anybody recommend a free/open source or low cost SMTP server that will work for internal or intranet email using MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express ? I would like one that will run on Windows 98 and is easy to configure. Our other clients on the network are WinXP or XP Pro. I am trying one called free SMTP server. However it asks for a DNS Server. I do not know what to put in for this. It is autodecting our DSL router's internal/LAN IP address. Is this normal? Mike Not an Outlook issue - suggest you use your favorite search engine to = locate free SMTP servers and start your...

paper size different in different office
We have five pcs in office. The excel document in office 2000 version in print preview looks different in another machine of office 2003. Can anyone help me how could I solve the problem. -- With warm regards, Shri This would likely have only to do with printer drivers. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "shrinivas" <shrinivas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82735066-319C-419A-B06B-F054D942517D@microsoft.com... > We have five pcs in office. The excel document in office 2000 version in > print preview look...

Recordsets different with Windows Vista?
I have a new computer running Vista. I tried to use my database with it and have come across several problems. The one I'm working on now is a recordset. The following code creates links to documents related to my contacts. Public Sub Make_Link(docname As String, strComment As String, strDocType As String) 'Put a link to the file in the SubLinks form Dim rstLinks Set rstLinks = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Links") rstLinks.AddNew rstLinks.ContactID = Forms!Master!ContactID rstLinks.LinkDate = Now rstLinks.Link = "#" &...

Move all Public folders from one server to anorther.
What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. Jane On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:32:29 +0200, dfgdfgd <kdhvjhg@jsfsgsd.com> wrote: >What is the best solution to moving all the Public folders from one >server to another server ? The servers is NOT in the same doman, >organisation or site. I hav TCP/IP connectivitybetween the servers. > > >Jane This will do a replication: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238573/ after whic...

Exchange Server 2000 forward mail to POP3.
Yes, this old chestnut. I've been reading the suggested solutions on the various newsgroups, but I can't get this to work. Under AD Users / Properties / Exchange General / Delivery Options / Forwarding Address you can't add 'fred@msn.com' because it will try to validate that address and fail. If I create a custom contact recipient or distribution group, I see no 'internet email' option to add 'fred@msn.com', only SMTP and so on. It's not an SMTP server. So can this be done? TIA. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:10:59 -0800, "Alan B" <fantantiddl...

visual studio and sql server
If I have installed visual studio, does that license me for SQL Server ? In other words, do we have to buy another license for SQL or does SQL come with Visual Studio and hence could be covered with my VS license. Are SQL client tools ( Management studio ) installed on client machines free i.e. not installing the database engine ? To what use do you want to install and use SQL-Server? Some versions of Visual Studio come with a copy of the Developer Edition of SQL-Server. If this is your case, you can then install it but this version can be used only for designing, develo...

Accessing products off-line
Hi, Facing the following issue. Company sells products. Every country has its own products, so country specific products exist. Loading them all into MS CRM is an option. However, since ' real' sales objects such as quotes, orders and or invoices are not used, there is no real need to put them in. On a new entity, however, a link to a ' product' is needed, so we used an itermediate entity to lookup a product and thus create (fake) a many to many relationship. There are to many clicks needed to fulfill this task as sometimes many products need to be linked to this new entit...

looking for wrong Exchange server
We have users at one of our centers that are experiencing problems with Exchange. They will get an informational balloon that says "Outlook is trying to retrive data from the Microsoft Exchange server server.domain.com". The problem is, the server name that is in the balloon isn't an Exchange server. This is causing serious connection problems. It takes way too long for our users to connect and retrieve email. Their computer just freezes sometimes can they can not continue to work. What server is listed? a DC by any chance? Could be that it is waiting for a response ...

Microsoft XML Diff/Patch -- how to output differences
Thanks to this newsgroup I've been pointed to Microsoft's XML Diff & Patch utilities. I've been reading about how I can use the tools to generate a diffgram between two XML documents, and how the XML Patch utility can (for example) bring document A in line with document B. Very cool. However, I was wondering if there's any way I can use the diffgram to generate something else; a third type of document that highlights the differences between the the input docs and is a little more readable than a diffgram would be ideal. Where I can see actual node names instead o...

Prevent access to Old Project Server
Using MSProject2003 (I know) I recently updated to a new server, communication to users about new server URL for access and login information has been delivered. Problem is that some users don't read their email and are still accessing and updating their projects on the old server. Is there any way to prevent users (not admin) from accessing the old server without removing (MSProjectServerUser and MSProjectUser) logins? Or, possibly add a warning message when access to old server is initiated? Reuter -- Remove all of the users from all of the security Groups in PWA...

how to find product key for publisher 2007
I lost my box and do not know how to find my product key. I registered my program but now need to load on my laptop. Run the Belarc Adviser on the computer with the product key. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "fibresbuyer" <fibresbuyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5EB6F9D-F09D-484F-BAA0-9CD5BC5B2A16@microsoft.com... >I lost my box and do not know how to find my product key. I registered my > program but now need to load on my laptop. ...

Combining data from different sheets in one
Hi all, this is my first post here, and hopefully I'm not asking to much to get an answer. The problem: I have data on several sheets. Every sheet contains data on only one customer, but the layout is the same - number, name of the order and so on. I need to create a cumulative sheet that would contain all of the information at one place. I could do it manually, but it takes too much time. Any ideas on how I could get this to work automaticly? Thanks Viktor -- viktor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ viktor's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Multiple lines from different tables in a report detail
I'm not sure if I can easily describe what I'm trying to do here, but here goes... Let's say I'm trying to make a report that describes the vehicles each person in my database owns. So I have a table for each person, a table for cars, and a table for pickup trucks. There's a one to many relationship from each person to the car table, and from person to trucks. The car and truck tables don't have the same fields, so I need them to be different tables. I want my report to look like this: Person Car Name Car Mileage Truck Name Cargo Cap...

adding markup to purchase price in products
I have Money 2004 SBE, I was wondering if it is possible to change the way I add my products into my Products/Service list? Is there a way were I can say my markup is 20% and once I enter in the price I purchase the item it adjusts the price with the mark up for when I add the item to a invoice? Right now I have to figure it out manually and it is a pain in the butt. Also is there a way to view a report to see the total I purchase all my inventory campared to what I sell it for? Thank You Nathan ...

Can Not Enter Actuals inMy Tasks after Server 2007 SP2 install
Hi folks, Immeidately after an upgrade of Server 2007 to SP2, users could no longer edit actual hours in My Task's daily time grid, but could still edit other fields like “Start” and “Finish". We figured the February 2010 Cumulative Update (CU) would fix it. We tried switching and testing all three tracking methods (Percent work complete, Actual work done and work remaining, Hours or work done per period). Still, we can not enter time under each date. Also tried republishing the project and that didn’t fix it either. Any ideas? Is this a known problems in Feb ...

Can't connect to server
One of our users constantly gets a message at startup cannot connect to CRM server may be unavailable (which it is not). So trying to connect through explorer and it won't accept the password. Any advice? On Jul 21, 10:48=A0am, Kiwi <mrshumm...@gmail.com> wrote: > One of our users constantly gets a message at startup cannot connect > to CRM server may be unavailable (which it is not). =A0So trying to > connect through explorer and it won't accept the password. =A0Any advice? Hi, Are you using Litwareinc VPC. provided by microsoft. Thanks, Amol Gholap ...

student edition product key problems
Hiya Bought Office:mac 2004 and have only been able to use it on one computer, tried to put it on a second one using the second product key and when I tried to use it it said I had installed on too many computers and would not let me use it. This also happened with the third product key, saying I had exceeded my licence agreement. I haven't, it is currently only on one computer. How do I go about installing it on the 2 other computers I am supposed to be able to use?? Thanks. In article <b82fa37f.0409040241.10a1809d@posting.google.com>, bubjub@hotmail.com (jubba) wrote: > Bough...

Impossible to connect onto Project Server
Hello, I re-installed Project Server 2007 SP2 + August CU on a server of my network. It works fine when I'm working on the server itself, but I cannot connect from another PC of the network. On the previous installs on the same network, I did not have any problem. What could be the cause of this connection issue? Thanks for help This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000402010701000201040700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Do you get any kind of error message when trying to connect? Did...

After re-linking tables to a new server, all queries don't see upd
Please Help... I have an Access file that links to an external database. The db was moved to a new server, I was successfull in re-linking the tables to the new server, but all of the queries and reports fall under the unrelated Object category. How do I re-link my previous queries and reports to the re-linked tables. If I open the Table, any updated data is there, but when I run the query there is no updated data. What version of Access? Did you use the Linked Table Manager? As long as the tables and fields are the same it should work just fine. Tammy H wrote: >Please H...

exch site
One of my exhange2000 server crash and is no longer online, however I don't need to bring this server back online . Now I need to delete this server from my site, I tried using ESM but I'm unable to, it say something like this server may contain mailboxes .. I don't care about those mailboxes .. I just want to remove the server from the site.. How can I remove this crash server so that it's no longer displayed in ESM.. P.S my new server is exchange2003, therefore I'm using ESM2003. Thanks -Darren Most of what you see here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

having problems sending mail from server to aol
how do i find out if im on the AOL black list. ive search all the open relay and black list site and im not on them. but can not find out how to check AOL please help James wrote: > how do i find out if im on the AOL black list. ive search all the open > relay and black list site and im not on them. but can not find out how to > check AOL please help > > You can telnet to port 25, on one of the following servers: mailin-02.mx.aol.com mailin-03.mx.aol.com mailin-04.mx.aol.com mailin-01.mx.aol.com If you can connect, try and manually submit an SMTP Message. If a...

Faxing through Outlook 2003 on a Server 2003 machine via VB
I have a SBS2K setup with faxing for all of our client machines. I have an Access 2K database that allows our clients to fax a snapshot of a sales report via Outlook using the Docmd.Sendobject event. Everything works fine on our client machines running XP or WIN2K. I just upgraded one of our Terminal Servers from 2000 to 2003. I have the faxing setup the same as before however I cannot fax from the access database any more. I recieve an "Undeliverable" bounce back email. It worked on the 2000 TS. I can fax using the Print command and then selecting the 'Shared Fax on Server...

Setup failed to validate Report Server
I've been having trouble installing CRM 3.0 Professional and connecting to an existing SQL Server 2005 Report Server (on a different machine). The error message is: Setup failed to validate Report Server 'url' - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object I finally figured out the problem. For some reason, it was permissions issue on the C:\Windows\temp folder of the machine where Report Server was installed. After changing permissions so the Report Server was able to read/write that folder, CRM installed. Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone else...

Difference between .text and .value property
Hi recently I was trying to create a userform where I was giving the valu of text box to a cell. The textbox value was more that 255 chars and used following method. range("A25").value = txtUpdate.value which then I tested I got a result as #Value error in the cell... I changed the code to range("A25").value = txtUpdate.text and it worked.... can somebody tell me the difference between the above 2.. Thanx in advance Keda -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...