Exch 5.5 Information Store does not start. Please help

Hi,

I ran an offline defrag on the priv.edb today. During the last two weeks the
Priv.edb had grown to almost double its normal size, caused by a loop in one
of the mailboxes. Yesterday we decided to activate circular logging on the
Priv.edb to prevent the server from crashing as the disk ran completely out
of space. At the end of this first workday of the year we decided to do the
defrag.
I had to locate the temp.edb on another machine because on the Exchange
server was not enough space. The operation went without any warnings or
error messages. After it completed I restarted the server, and it gave an
error:
the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with
service-specific error 4294966766.
According to Q177761 this means:  Jet_errBadlogSignature.
Help, what have I done wrong?
This is the system: Exchange 5.5 sp4, Windows 2000 sp3. Two drives, Priv.edb
and Pub.edb are stored on D-drive. (50 GB). Is there any way I can get the
I.S. service to to start again? I did not do anything with the logfiles in
\MDBData-Logfiles. I do not understand why it says there is a bad signature
for a logfile.
We do full online backups each night, but the last one is from last Sunday,
so if I have to do a restore from that tape we'll lose all mail from Monday.
Please, if anybody can give me advice what steps I can take.. all tips are
appreciated.
Sjef

0
fake1610 (1)

browse to where your stores live in dos
eseutil /mh priv.edb |more does it say "consistant?"
do the same for the pub.edb
if both are consistant then move out all transaction logs
and try to start the IS again

0
anonymous (74722)

Sorting problem #5
I've got 3 columns I want to sort based on the middle column, something I've done many times. When I try to sort on this particular spreadsheet, I get an error message I've never seen: "This operation requires merged cells to be identically sized." I don't have any merged cells. I tried copying these columns to a new spreadsheet, got same error message. I'm using an iMac, os X, and Excel (for the Mac) 2004, v. 11.3.7. Thoughts, anyone? Ed Highlight all the cells in the sort range and Format | Cells | Alignment tab and ensure that Merge Cells is completely em...

Help with Advanced Budget
I am currently trying to setup an advanced budget. I go thru all the motions in setting up my paycheck and all of the categories in which I am budgeting for and the amount for which I am allocating. The problem I have is wheni go over to the bills tab and enter a bill, the amount on that particular category in the budget goes up throwing the budget off. I have tried everything i know and nothing is working. Can anyone help me with this please? Here's the deal: AB by design and code makes the assumption that everything in Bills is part of your budget. You need to enter the bills...

File System Error 2 during IO on log file .. MS exchange 5.5
I am getting following message intermittently. MSexchangeIS (277) File system error 2 during IO on log file. Event id 163 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log Error -510 Event id 120 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log header 510 Event id 121 An error occured while writing to the database log file. Attempting to sop the Microsoft exchange Information store Event id 1111 Unable to create log . The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured or corrutpted. Error 510 ---> Because of the Exchange is not operative, i have to restart services. --> The same problem ...

I need an icon to start
On my old win/95 comp, I had an office toolbar that had individual icon to add new contacts, appointments, etc in Outlook, without having t start Outlook. Can I have this facility in XP? if so, where could find the app that I would use ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Start Button Does Not Work
I have lost all Left-Click functionality in the Start Button (Far Left Orb on the Task Bar) on my Vista Home Premium system. When I "click" on the button nothing happens. The Right-Click of the Start Button pops up a dialog box that shows (Open, Explore) and nothing else. Without the Start Button I am not able to access Run, Programs, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, etc from the Start Menu. This is a persistent problem. Fixes that prescribe removing and re-adding "explorer.exe" from the Processes Tab do not resolve the problem. Fixes that require ...

Formula Help #26
How do I enter a formula that counts based on two different criteria. I column A I have names and in column B I have dates or blank cells. need a formula that counts if there is a date in a specified cell i column B. The formula I have now is =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A12="Scratch")*(B1:B12="?????")) What would I put in the ????? to make it count if the cell has a date -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The only thing I can think of would be a two step process. In C1, us the formula = if(and(isnumber(B1),A1="Scratch"),1,0), and so on dow the column. Th...

Workflow Rule
Hi there, I'm new to Microsoft CRM. We've just installed v3.0 and I'm trying to create my first workflow rule using the Workflow Manager. When a new account is created I want an email notification to be sent to the account owner. Here's what I've done: In the Entity Type list, I selected Account In the view list, I selected Rule On the file menu, I selected New In the Event list, I selected Create To insert a condition, I chose Check Conditions, then I selected Check Entity Condition Then I selected: If Account <owner> not null then e-mail to <owner> ...

Reconfigured tab key help
I have a user who performed some unknown key combination and reconfigured her tab key function. Instead of moving 1 cell at a time to the left hers moves 1 screen to the left. I have been unable to determine what combination she performed and can not return the tab key to the orginal state. If anyone knows what I would need to do to return her to her original state please let me know. Hi Try Tools / Options / Transition / Transition Navigation Keys check box. Andy. "Gary Dennis" <gdenni@acxiom.com> wrote in message news:1e4501c3ff95$ba3c4d70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I...

Help Please
High I have one report showing Patients data like "country"diagnosis,etc" the report will order records by country and there is a header for the country. at the buttom of the report i want to put a summary like this country No of Patients country 1 10 country 2 2 etc how can I do this , do I need to generate a subreport, and if so , where i should place it , in the report footer or in the details section. actully , I have tried putting a subreport in the rpt footer , but un...

Ending a stored proc
I am trying to end a stored procedure and return a value of -1 to tell the application that a check number already exists. Below is the code in my sp where I am checking but it goes right past it and continues as though the result is false. When I run this as a separate query it returns the -1 fine. Can anyone see what might be wrong? Thanks. DECLARE @Return int; IF @Duplicate = 1 AND EXISTS (SELECT dbo.PayChecks.CheckNumber FROM dbo.PayChecks INNER JOIN dbo.PeopleLink ON dbo.PayChecks.PeopleLinkID = dbo.PeopleLink.PeopleLinkID WHERE (dbo.P...

can anyone help me on directshow filters
can anyone help me on directshow filters Hi goru, >can anyone help me on directshow filters Yes, there are a lot of tutorials out there in the www and the MSDN Library with DirectX Reference can help you: http://www.google.de/search?num=30&hl=de&newwindow=1&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=DirectShow+Filter+tutorial&spell=1 Download SDK with Reference: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/directx/default.aspx Direct Show 9.0: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms783323(VS.85).aspx DevMasters.NET: Great List of Engines and Tuto...

Attachment problem #5
Hi, I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the attachment. They still can get any other attachment though. Any ideas why? Thanks "Shammu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298e01c3e108$931a53f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook > 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the > attachment. They still can get any other attachment > though. Any ideas why? > > Thanks It's highly likely you are...

Help-import from win98-outlook express 4
I hope someone can help. Situation: Sector failure on an old HD, win98 installed. New HD for boot with WinXP Pro installed. I can read parts of the old HD and would like to import the mail and address book into either outlook or outlook express. No matter what I try with the file->import selection in either Outlook or Outlook express on XP, I cannot import these important files. I have looked through the KB files and followed all suggestions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, B0b ...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your help ad
I'm trying to open email that contains forwarded email's. I'm using Outlook 2002 w/SP-2 and XP Pro on clean installs. I can save the attachments but would like to just display them if possible. ...

Help!, Adding Custom Forms in CRM
HI Mike, I guess, you have very good exposure to the forms customization in CRM. Could u please help me with this issue. I have a list of products in a seperate database outside CRM. The quantity on hand field in that database is real. Now what I really need is to have a button or toolbar item on the OrderProducts form to Check for availability of the product. I do have the product GUID in the external table. I will have get the currently selected product's guid from orderproduct screen and pass this to a custom aspx page. This custom aspx page will find the available qty and sh...

JET dB Newbie Needs Help
Hello all, I'm haveing a bit of a problem with writing to a jet dB and looking for a little help. The problem is that for some reason data is sudenly being written to the end of the new data which is appearing BEFORE the older data. It is as though JET does not recognize the fact that the older data even exists. Each time a record is added it writes it to the end of the more recent data and pushes down all the previously existing data. This is how I open the dB and recordset: (please excuse word wraping) Set eScalperDB = OpenDatabase("C:\Documents and Settings\My Databases\eScal...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

Help with DLL's & CALLBACKS
Hello group, I'm trying to write an app that uses regular DLL's as plug-in's; everything was progressing OK until I needed a way for the plug-in to callback to the client program; I just can't seem to figure out how to do it? What I have: //In the DLL .h #define PLUG1_API __declspec(dllexport) // Type definition for the callback function. typedef bool CALLBACK CallbackFunc(int, DWORD); extern "C" PLUG1_API void CalcResults(CallbackFunc* Callback, DWORD ...

help! what is Error Number: 0x800CCC18?
Account: 'wonderland207/mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "kmh" <kmh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D840F0-4173-48AD-8154-13557DEB09B2@microsoft.com... > Account: 'wonderland207/mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, > Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): > Yes, > Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Num...

Help with DSUM
I have the following in a unbound text box. =DSum("[Amount]", "YourTable", "[TransactionType] = ""Credit""") - DSum("[Amount]", "YourTable", "[Status] = ""Cleared""") This works however not until I put cleared in the status in the field. If I have 10 credit transactions nothing will show however as soon as I enter 1 cleared it will show that transaction. What I need to do is show all the transactions however if cleared is entered then it will remove that total from the sum. TIA Hi, this look...

Help Gurus! Pivot Table Text as Data
Is there a way to output a Text value in the Data area of a Pivot Table? For example, the pivot table I want is something like this: 5/1 5/2 5/3 5/4 5/5 5/6 task1 brad jeff task2 ann tony mike john task3 clint nick lori task4 tina pat Thanks in advance to everyone. Rafael Rafael, This isn't the purpose of a pivot table. It groups things, and does a calculation for each group (sum, average, etc.). You need to make the table you need yourself. How that's done depen...

I need help with a table formula/mass editting
I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns. One of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows. In each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form. I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this layout. I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 products. For instance, I need the chart to be the same on each product but with different ...

HELP! how do I recover a deleted e-mail from Sent folder
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to recover an important e-mail that I accidentally deleted out of my own sent items folder? It is not in my deleted items folder. Ack! Please help! Thanks pst-file or Exchange? In the case of a pst-file take a look here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm In the case of an Exchange mailbox contact your admin for back-up/restore possibilities -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Lucy" ...

Help finding employment
Hi, I used to be part of this newsgroup years ago. My work using MFC was of pure interest to me. I had money from my previous employer and pretty much did a few things on my own for a couple of years. I participated in the Questions/Answers in this newsgroup and really did enjoy programming using MFC. I got really good at implementing MFC and made a few programs. I never sold anything. It was just a hobby. I seem to be more into the OpenSource way of doing things, but I have no idea of how they make money from open source. I never made any money on the newsgroup. I was happy learning a...

importing address book #5
Does anyone know how to import a personal address book from Outlook Express to 97 Outlook? "Kiowa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:595a01c4008d$4198acd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to import a personal address book > from Outlook Express to 97 Outlook? In OE save it as a csv file. In Outlook, import the csv file. Kiowa <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to import a personal address book > from Outlook Express to 97 Outlook? I'll check my Outlook 97 at home tonight. -- Bria...