Exch 2003: Adding multiple e-mail addresses?

Hi all..

In Exchange Server 5.5 I remember being able to have 
multiple SMTP addresses per user/mailbox - ie assuming a 
defauly reply-to address of james@domain.com, I could also 
have an address of jim@domain.com, jimmy@domain.com etc 
etc.. for the same user.

I can find info on having multiple addresses where 
the 'domain' is different (using a recipient policy), but 
not where the user portion of the address is different..

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance, James
0
anonymous (74722)
1/5/2004 8:35:27 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
441 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

You do this through Active Directory Users Computers snap in.  Double click
on the user and select Email Addresses tab, you can add secondary addresses
as needed.

-- 
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
Microsoft Certified Partner

"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:012f01c3d3cb$73c50760$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi all..
>
> In Exchange Server 5.5 I remember being able to have
> multiple SMTP addresses per user/mailbox - ie assuming a
> defauly reply-to address of james@domain.com, I could also
> have an address of jim@domain.com, jimmy@domain.com etc
> etc.. for the same user.
>
> I can find info on having multiple addresses where
> the 'domain' is different (using a recipient policy), but
> not where the user portion of the address is different..
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> Many thanks in advance, James


0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/5/2004 9:36:06 PM
Hi John.. thanks for replying..

I thought the same thing, but while I have Exchange 
General, Features and Advanced tabs, I have no 'Email 
Addresses' Tab - I'm even running the Active Directory 
Users Computers snap-in from the server with Exchange on..

Any ideas?

Thanks again, James

>-----Original Message-----
>You do this through Active Directory Users Computers snap 
in.  Double click
>on the user and select Email Addresses tab, you can add 
secondary addresses
>as needed.
>
>-- 
>John Oliver, Jr.
>MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
>Microsoft Certified Partner
>
>"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:012f01c3d3cb$73c50760$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Hi all..
>>
>> In Exchange Server 5.5 I remember being able to have
>> multiple SMTP addresses per user/mailbox - ie assuming a
>> defauly reply-to address of james@domain.com, I could 
also
>> have an address of jim@domain.com, jimmy@domain.com etc
>> etc.. for the same user.
>>
>> I can find info on having multiple addresses where
>> the 'domain' is different (using a recipient policy), 
but
>> not where the user portion of the address is different..
>>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance, James
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/5/2004 10:26:18 PM
On the ADUC MMC menu bar choose View- Advanced Features.

-- 
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
Microsoft Certified Partner

"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:029d01c3d3da$f06c5a70$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi John.. thanks for replying..
>
> I thought the same thing, but while I have Exchange
> General, Features and Advanced tabs, I have no 'Email
> Addresses' Tab - I'm even running the Active Directory
> Users Computers snap-in from the server with Exchange on..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks again, James
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >You do this through Active Directory Users Computers snap
> in.  Double click
> >on the user and select Email Addresses tab, you can add
> secondary addresses
> >as needed.
> >
> >-- 
> >John Oliver, Jr.
> >MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> >Microsoft Certified Partner
> >
> >"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> >news:012f01c3d3cb$73c50760$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> >> Hi all..
> >>
> >> In Exchange Server 5.5 I remember being able to have
> >> multiple SMTP addresses per user/mailbox - ie assuming a
> >> defauly reply-to address of james@domain.com, I could
> also
> >> have an address of jim@domain.com, jimmy@domain.com etc
> >> etc.. for the same user.
> >>
> >> I can find info on having multiple addresses where
> >> the 'domain' is different (using a recipient policy),
> but
> >> not where the user portion of the address is different..
> >>
> >> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
> >>
> >> Many thanks in advance, James
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/5/2004 11:48:54 PM
I've checked 'Advanced Features' this however, is not an 
advanced feature (or so I believe)..

I have found something interesting though - the one user I 
need to create an additional address for is the only user 
that doesn't have the tab..

Does that shed any light?

Cheers, James


>-----Original Message-----
>On the ADUC MMC menu bar choose View- Advanced Features.
>
>-- 
>John Oliver, Jr.
>MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
>Microsoft Certified Partner
>
>"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message
>news:029d01c3d3da$f06c5a70$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> Hi John.. thanks for replying..
>>
>> I thought the same thing, but while I have Exchange
>> General, Features and Advanced tabs, I have no 'Email
>> Addresses' Tab - I'm even running the Active Directory
>> Users Computers snap-in from the server with Exchange 
on..
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks again, James
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >You do this through Active Directory Users Computers 
snap
>> in.  Double click
>> >on the user and select Email Addresses tab, you can add
>> secondary addresses
>> >as needed.
>> >
>> >-- 
>> >John Oliver, Jr.
>> >MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
>> >Microsoft Certified Partner
>> >
>> >"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
in
>> message
>> >news:012f01c3d3cb$73c50760$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>> >> Hi all..
>> >>
>> >> In Exchange Server 5.5 I remember being able to have
>> >> multiple SMTP addresses per user/mailbox - ie 
assuming a
>> >> defauly reply-to address of james@domain.com, I could
>> also
>> >> have an address of jim@domain.com, jimmy@domain.com 
etc
>> >> etc.. for the same user.
>> >>
>> >> I can find info on having multiple addresses where
>> >> the 'domain' is different (using a recipient policy),
>> but
>> >> not where the user portion of the address is 
different..
>> >>
>> >> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>> >>
>> >> Many thanks in advance, James
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/6/2004 12:21:05 PM
Sorted it.. I noticed that this was also the only user 
without an alias on the 'Exchange General' tab.  Once I'd 
given her an alias, the 'E-Mail Addresses' tab appeared, 
as if by magic..!

Thanks, James


>-----Original Message-----
>I've checked 'Advanced Features' this however, is not an 
>advanced feature (or so I believe)..
>
>I have found something interesting though - the one user 
I 
>need to create an additional address for is the only user 
>that doesn't have the tab..
>
>Does that shed any light?
>
>Cheers, James
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>On the ADUC MMC menu bar choose View- Advanced Features.
>>
>>-- 
>>John Oliver, Jr.
>>MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
>>Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>>"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
>message
>>news:029d01c3d3da$f06c5a70$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>>> Hi John.. thanks for replying..
>>>
>>> I thought the same thing, but while I have Exchange
>>> General, Features and Advanced tabs, I have no 'Email
>>> Addresses' Tab - I'm even running the Active Directory
>>> Users Computers snap-in from the server with Exchange 
>on..
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks again, James
>>>
>>> >-----Original Message-----
>>> >You do this through Active Directory Users Computers 
>snap
>>> in.  Double click
>>> >on the user and select Email Addresses tab, you can 
add
>>> secondary addresses
>>> >as needed.
>>> >
>>> >-- 
>>> >John Oliver, Jr.
>>> >MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
>>> >Microsoft Certified Partner
>>> >
>>> >"JimmyMc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
>in
>>> message
>>> >news:012f01c3d3cb$73c50760$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>>> >> Hi all..
>>> >>
>>> >> In Exchange Server 5.5 I remember being able to have
>>> >> multiple SMTP addresses per user/mailbox - ie 
>assuming a
>>> >> defauly reply-to address of james@domain.com, I 
could
>>> also
>>> >> have an address of jim@domain.com, jimmy@domain.com 
>etc
>>> >> etc.. for the same user.
>>> >>
>>> >> I can find info on having multiple addresses where
>>> >> the 'domain' is different (using a recipient 
policy),
>>> but
>>> >> not where the user portion of the address is 
>different..
>>> >>
>>> >> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>> >>
>>> >> Many thanks in advance, James
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >.
>>> >
>>
>>
>>.
>>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/6/2004 12:37:13 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003
How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003? Read the Help Files: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rolo" <rolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:706405A0-2971-409F-B213-67714B12713C@microsoft.com... > How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to > Outlook > 2003? Thanks Russ it helped. By the way how can I get to this useful help files? "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Read the Help Files: > htt...

AD Sync problem
Hello, One of my DC was disconnected from the network for quite a long time and cannot be synchronized with AD anymore. I have been trying to apply the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325850/en-us procedure to reset the machine account password. After launching the command "netdom resetpwd /S: ....." I've got the following error message : "The machine account password for the local machine could not be reset. Echec d'ouverture de session : unknown user or incorrect password. The command failed to complete successfully." ANy idea to help me ? Man...

invalid email address
In message to Candy FH Muffman wrote of having an invalid email address. I use hotmail but would like to prevent ti being used by spammers. Is there any way I can hide it or restrict it in some way? Can I make it invalid? Thank you You mean when posting to an online service like this? Sure, don't type your (correct) email address. See my address or from many others to see an example. Note: I've removed your valid address in my reply. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add...

Outlook 0x800ccc0d error when Norton e-mail protect enabled: see hosts
This post is made to help others solve this issue, based on my experience. Symptom: - Outlook works perfectly well when Norton Anti-Virus e-mail protection is disabled - Outlook cannot retrieve incoming messages when NAV e-mail protection is enabled, message being: pop3 server not found, error 0x800ccc0d This symptom, and possible solutions, are exactly the object of Symantec support note: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206 Please read this note first ! The object of this post is to add another possible solution to this problem. NAV email protection sets up...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?
will CRM load on a 2003 server? Microsoft CRM v1.2 supports Windows 2000/2003 Server. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >will CRM load on a 2003 server? >. > No problem. We just completed a 1.2 installation on a 2003 server, without any problems. Brian Demoe "Troy Hicks" <tlhicks@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:03dd01c3dcb2$93653a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > will CRM load on a 2003 server? CRM 1.2 will also load on Small business server 2003 as wel...

Filters not working in Exchange 2003
I have been trying to turn on the Recipient, Connection, and Sender filters. I have gone to the Default SMTP Virtual Server and turned it on there without getting an error but when I go to the Properties and add senders to block and the hit Apply, it tells me that I must manually turn the filtering on in the SMTP VS. I have stopped and started the Default SMTP VS but still no luck. Any ideas? Hi Wayne That is a standard dialog box, it does not check to see if it is already enabled, have you tested the sender filtering? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided &quo...

setup Windows Mail as Word 2003 default emailer
All I can do is setup Outlook. I do not use Outlook. I would like to email Word docs using MS Windows Mail (new version of Express) In the Windows Start area, type Regedit into the search bar and then start the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail Right Click on the (Default) item and then on Modify and in the Value data: field enter Windows Mail so that after you click OK, you have (Default) REG_SZ WIndows Mail -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a pa...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails
I have an issue where there is a SBS 2003 server (newly installed) & when I drag emails to the file system (explorer window) in order to create file records of the emails it generates an error. Dialog Box Name: Error Copying File or Folder Error Msg: Not enough storage is available to process this command. I can't find an error logged anywhere, either on the server event logs or on the local machine event logs... I have searched the MS KB & Office online, but no joy yet... If anyone can help that would be great!!! R ...

Redirect Exchange 2000 IS backup to different Exchange 2003 server
I recently added an Exchange 2003 server to the same org as a 2000 server. I have dbs from the 2000 server that I need to restore to retrieve email from a user whose mailbox was moved to 2003. So I need to restore the db for that mailbox from BEFORE it was moved because when you move mailboxes you lose any deleted items that were being saved by retention policy. Is this possible? I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 10 but nothing in their support KB seems to follow this exact scenario. If it helps, the old Exch 2000 server is currently empty of users and is ready to be uninstalled. W...

Moving incoming mail automatically to specific folders.
I have three separate E-Mail Accounts (1,2, and 3) I have created three subfolders under Inbox (Mail1, Mail2, Mail3) How can I automatically get the mail sent to the correct Mail in location (Mail1,Mail2 or Mail3). I am sure the answer like everything is easy when you know how but I have just spent an hour trying! Thanks Ted On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 00:24:44 -0000, "EddyStone" <teds@screaming.net> wrote: >I have three separate E-Mail Accounts (1,2, and 3) >I have created three subfolders under Inbox (Mail1, Mail2, Mail3) >How can I automatically get the mail sent to ...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

print multiple pages on one sheet of paper
I am using mailmerge in Publisher to create placecards for a party we are hosting. The final size of the placecards is 1.5" by 1.5" and we have to print 100 final cards. Publisher gives me the option of printing multiple copies of the same page on one sheet of letter sized paper or one page on one sheet of letter sized paper. What I would like to do, however, is print multiple different pages on one sheet of paper. If I cannot find a solution for this, I will need to print 100 separate pages with a 1.5" square box of copy in the center of each sheet. In page setup, sel...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Business Portal should allow requisition to be added to issued PO
The printing of a PO changes the status of the PO from New to Released (signifying the release of the PO to the vendor). Once a PO has been released, it will not show as a PO you can add items to from business portal. The current design of the product only allows you to add to POs with a status of New. Adding an item to a Released PO should trigger a change order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

mail queues for long on Exchange 2000 server time before being sent
I have a situation where all outgoing mail sits in a queues on the Exchange 2000 server (one per domain) for about 45 minutes before being sent. The queues in question have a status of ready. There are also other queues of that are retries (mostly NDRs from junk mail). We are only a small company and the amount of mail is not great. What might Exchange be waiting for before sending this mail? Is there something I can tweak to make it send mail sooner? Thanks for any help, Angus. Angus, Where does the mail go after it leaves your Exchange server, does it go to a smarthost/isp or d...

ERROR: 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address.
I am trying to send a email to a group address I created with 58 addresses in it. When I try to send the email to this group I get the following Error: "5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. " I have gone back to the original contact cards and made sure the addresses were all legal. I have re-created the list, same problem I have re-booted, same thing. Any thoughts out there? Thanks Dunc My wife and I have MBP's and are both running MS Office for Mac's, Entourage 12.2.3. Both of us have messages cued up in the out boxes th...

Recreating site/directory connectors on 2003?
Just got the first 2003 server up and running. We have a single domain, and two sites/admin groups. SiteA contains the current 5.5 server (ServerA) and the new 2003 server (ServerB). SiteB contains a single 5.5 server (ServerC). There is a site connector created under 5.5 between SiteA and SiteB with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. There is also a directory replication connector between SiteA and SiteB, again with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. The ADC is installed and working with the default mailbox/public folder CA's for both SiteA ...

outlook 2007 e-mail
how do you stop e-mails from automatically downloading when you open outlook 2007. i would like to be able to open outlook 2007 and have it wait for me to select 'receive' before downloading e-mails to my system. i know there is a way to do it in outlook 2003 but i do not remember how to do it there and i cannot find how to do it in outlook 2007. -- emerson Uncheck the option to send/receive at a specific interval. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit
Need help remotely connecting to 64 bit clients connected to SBS 2003 SP2. I have installed KB926505 (Vista compatabilty) on the server. When I try to establish the connection to the 64 bit machine using my 32 bit windows 7 laptop, I get a dialog box titled remote desktop disconnected. On the Windows 7 64 bit machine I have checked remote connection properties and also the advanced firewall properties, inbound connections remote connections are enabled under the domain profile. What am I missing? Thanks, So let me understand this? sorry I have a cold and it's hard for m...

OE autodelete OLD mail
How do I have Outlook Express automatically delete 90-Day old messages from the deleted items folder? Thanks, Matthew This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary
Is there a real need to backup OWA with the DR option available with Exchange 2003? There are no stores running on this box. -- Thanks Paul Paul, I am not sure I understand the question. OWA is just away of accessing your mailbox via a web browser, so by backing up the Exchange servers hosting the mailboxes you are backing up what you can see ia OWA. When you state that "there are no stores running on this box", what box are you reffering to ? Is it a front-end server ? Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...

Calculations adding Text formats
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? You're not doing anything wrong, per se. Changing formats cannot change numbers into text values or text values into...

OWA: Cannot send mail / mail goes to draft folder
Hello, I have the same problem how SC. I have an OWA 2003 and if I sent a mail the mail goes every in the draft folder. I can't send it. Please help me! Greetings Christof ...

Margin trouble with Publisher 2003
Hi, all. I've created a brochure using the trifold template, and am having some issues. Some specs: Publisher 2003 Canon i9900 printer, capable of edge-to-edge printing The issue: I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. Bryce Alan Katz wrote: > I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the > graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. In most printers that support borderless printing, the printer driver stretches the page over the edge (to ...