excessive paging

I just set up an exchange 2003 server.  I am actually
only using it for testing/learning for now, so have set
up one user and smarthost to my ISP email client.  when I
first set the server up, all was fine ... receiving
emails  then I noticed a delay with emails that were
going to the account on the exchange server.  i found the
exchange server thrashing ... excessive paging; using all
of its physical memory.  is there a setting, like in sql,
where one can allocate how much memory exchange can use.
And what might i have configured incorrectly to cause
this excessive thrashing?
0
anonymous (74722)

You should never try to limit Exchange.

I would make sure the badmail folder is cleared out and check the SMTP
queues for odd things.

Did you run perfmon to see that it actually is paging and not just doing log
files and database modifications?

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"TomR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just set up an exchange 2003 server.  I am actually
> only using it for testing/learning for now, so have set
> up one user and smarthost to my ISP email client.  when I
> first set the server up, all was fine ... receiving
> emails  then I noticed a delay with emails that were
> going to the account on the exchange server.  i found the
> exchange server thrashing ... excessive paging; using all
> of its physical memory.  is there a setting, like in sql,
> where one can allocate how much memory exchange can use.
> And what might i have configured incorrectly to cause
> this excessive thrashing?

0
dtown (976)
1/28/2004 6:33:36 AM
Hopefully it is not SPAM relayed off your server.

TomR wrote:

> I just set up an exchange 2003 server.  I am actually
> only using it for testing/learning for now, so have set
> up one user and smarthost to my ISP email client.  when I
> first set the server up, all was fine ... receiving
> emails  then I noticed a delay with emails that were
> going to the account on the exchange server.  i found the
> exchange server thrashing ... excessive paging; using all
> of its physical memory.  is there a setting, like in sql,
> where one can allocate how much memory exchange can use.
> And what might i have configured incorrectly to cause
> this excessive thrashing?

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Print Page Setup|Sheet
On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed Dialog the "Print area:', 'Print titles' TexBoxes are grayed out and unavailable for use. How are these activated? TIA doco doco Two things come to mind that would cause this problem. 1. You opened the dialog through "Print Preview" which makes these items unavailable. 2. You have two or more sheets selected or "grouped". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:23:55 -0800, "doco" <assessor@ncesd.k12.or.us> wrote: >On the 'Sheet' tab of the Page Setup Tabbed ...

2nd page prints cells black
When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information, the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black Is your printer driver current? What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "wes h" <wes h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:668A2BEC-46E7-4861-B9F0-F5806E4AF7B4@microsoft.com... > When printing a multipage document and using cells to arrange information, > the cells of pages 2 - the last page print black using publisher 2007 and it prints the pages black even when printing to PDF complete. ...

Move from one page to another on a tab control
I've just tried samples from about 6 different posts and have been unable to solve this. Quite simply (and I know it must be), I have a tab control (Name=TabCtl36) with 6 pages on it. On Page 2 (Page Index 1) I have a field STOCK. When someone enters text in the STOCK field, I want the After Update event of the STOCK field to set the focus to the DESCRIPTION field on Page 3 (Page Index 2). Can someone help me with the syntax (please be exact using field/tab names above). Thanks. Ernie Try Private Sub STOCK_AfterUpdate() Me!DESCRIPTION.SetFocus End Sub HTH Peter Hibbs On 1...

How can I import an Access report (about 8 pages) into PowerPoint
How can I import an Access report (about 8 pages) into PowerPoint directly from Access You can save the Access report as a Snapshot file then import it into PowerPoint, and save it as a picture. I prefer to make a screen capture using SnagIt: http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp and paste it as a picture. That gives me more control on how it's displayed. If you need more specific information, it may be good to also ask in a PowerPoint newsgroup. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Timmy" <Timmy...

copy page
Hi, I have a form with despatch details, once completed the data is displayed as a report which is printed off and attached to the front of the despatch parcel with delivery address, customer name, details of goods, etc. This all works great. One text box has the number of parcels being despatched (i.e. one despatch might need to be split in to two or more parcels), if there is more than one parcel, say X parcels, then I would like to create X pages to the report that are identical other than displaying, Parcel 1 of X, 2 of X, 3 of X, etc, so I can attach each one to each parcel so wh...

Portfolio Manager Blank Page
I have Money Plus Deluxe and am getting a blank page when i select portfolio manager. I have tried the following but did not fix the issue: Unistalling and then reinstalling. Have logged in safe mode with networking. Cleared the IE temp files, history, cookies. Changed security settings to lowest levels in IE7. Quick file repair, standard file repair (no errors found). Sample file shows the same issue. OS is Vista 32bit, IE7, MS Live OneCare is the AV protection. Take my file and use on another PC (Vista or WinXP) and it works fine. Any ideas/suggestions? In microsoft.public.mon...

How to get 2 A5 flyers on 1 A4 landscape page
I have designed an A5 size flyer in publisher. I now want to rotate the design so that I may fit 2 flyers side by side on an A4 landscape page? On the Printer Setup, set the paper size for A5 paper. Then on the Page Setup, set the paper size for A5 paper. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DF63FD4-80CE-4B52-BBFA-520AA94935A7@microsoft.com... > I have designed an A5 size flyer in publisher. I now want to rotate the > design so that I may fit 2 flyers side by side on an A4 landscape page? ...

msn home page colour / weather change
Have got msn as my home page and like to see the weather for my local town. I change this from London but evert time I revisit it has not saved the change. The same with the colour scheme. Is there a setting I need to change? Thanks in advance. "JP Great hale" <JP Great hale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DDBAA7-3D7E-420A-9B23-88A13253090B@microsoft.com... > Have got msn as my home page and like to see the weather for my local > town. I > change this from London but evert time I revisit it has not saved the > change. > The ...

Web Page links don't work?
When I open an e-mail containing a web page in Outlook the links in the web page don't take me anywhere. I can hover over them and the address shows up at the bottom of outlook (like a normal web page) but again, when I click on them nothing happens. Do I have to change a setting or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated Jey <jcigam@cox.net> wrote: > When I open an e-mail containing a web page in Outlook > the links in the web page don't take me anywhere. What do they do? > I can > hover over them and the address shows up at the bottom of > outlook...

Printing multiple pages
Maybe not a Vista thing. I'm trying to print 4 pages of the same document on one sheet of A - i.e.. 4 x A6 on one page. I am choosing 'Multiple pages per sheet' from the Page Handling>Page Scaling drop down menu and 4 pages per sheet.. However the preview window shows only one page in the top left corner, and this is what actually prints instead of 4. Can anyone help or point me to a more suitable group pse? On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:02:11 -0000, "Trevor" <trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote: >Maybe not a Vista thing. I'm trying to...

Disable Home Page
We would like to prevent users from enabling the home page feature. Does anyone know how to do this - through user profiles or roles perhaps? Hello Tweety, Given the home page is a window that appears not to be able to be controlled with security, what I did at one site was the following: 1. logon as each user. 2. customise the home page, so none of the five options were enabled. 2b. change option so does not option at startup. 3. change security to the homepage customise window so access is denied. The settings for which of the five parts of the home page are active are stored in the D...

How to change the paper size for all pages?
Hi! I have Visio 2007 Pro. I have a drawing with about 60 pages and I want to change the paper size for all pages. For some reason Visio changes the paper size for one page at a time only. Thanks! Thomas Hello Thomas, I'm afraid it's on a per page basis only. You could easily do this using code though. Let me know if you're comfortable with a little VBA and what size you want the pages to be and I'll give you an example if you like. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk <miskiewicz2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187171130.966273.24704...

OWA folder pages not loading
Having problem with Exchange 2003 sp2. All folders when using OWA will be sitting at "loading". The only folder that works is the Calendar folder. I can still send email via OWA. The folders will just not display. Here is the kicker...if I view using firefox I can see my inbox and all other folders. I've used different versions of IE on different computers but same problem. Followed KB28083, but this did not fix the problem. Any additional ideas would be helpful. Thanks, On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:11:11 -0500, "news.microsoft.com" <andrewr@nitro.ca> wro...

How to display subfolder in doc library on separate page
I'm trying to edit a SharePoint page that lists about six document libraries, with subfolders underneath them. When a user clicks on a subfolder, I want them to be taken to a separate page listing the documents within the subfolder. For one of the document libraries, the subfolders work like that--for the others, when you click on a subfolder, the documents within the subfolder are displayed under the main folder, WITHOUT taking you to a separate page. I want to be taken to a separate page for the subfolder. Where do I control this? I've compared the doc library that is ...

Save As Web Page option not there!
Hello, I am wondering why the help file in Publisher 2002 says "to save a file as a web page Click File, Save As Web Page" on the the menu toolbar. For some reason this option does not appear, nor does it appear in the Tools, Customize, Commands Tab. If this is the case and my program is working right, then how is this simple task achieved? Look further at the menu FILE and you will find the options there you need. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dan Whitten <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am wondering why the he...

Print multiple worksheets on one page in Excel?
I would like to be able to print the print area from each worksheet onto one page. Specifically, I have 12 worksheets (one for each calendar month) and would like to print each month of the year on ONE page. It might be small, but I do not have much per day. Not built in but you could perhaps have a special print sheet to where a macro would copy all other sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "TCTeach" <TCTeach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B05018-BC7D-49D6-831D-697DE843B06E@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to print the print area from ea...

New Opportunity Product (Error on Page)
We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button "New Opportunity Product" on the Products page of the Opportunity module the only thing we get is an "Error on Page" in the bottom left-hand corner. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, any idea(s) how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Do you have a Price list and matching currency associated to the Opportunity? do you have any javascript running on the Opportunity or Opportunity Product? "Tim" wrote: > We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button &g...

260 page WORD '07 doc would not open--some kind of XML error messa
It was my first week in a new Tech Writing job at a large consulting firm. I was given a 260+ page Operational Manual that 4 prior authors had worked on. Some had very limited knowledge of WORD. I spend 3 days making edits and , of course, saving it each night. On my fourth day coming to work, I was not able to open the document. The IT Dept researched it and said it could only be retrieved by someone who 'knew XML'. They had no one and I don't know XML. I happened to explain this to an admin asst. She said I ought to send the doc to her. I did. She saved it as a 97-2003...

I am looking for a slide animation that looks like turning a page
I want to make my slide show look like a book where each slide is a new page and changing slides appears as turning a page. Is this possible? Brandy, Have a look here: http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipspageturn.html -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Brandy" <Brandy@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:A930EA9D-2C96-4C41-B4BA-7C56824C1361@microsoft.com... >I want to make my slide show look like a book where each slide is a new >page > and changing slides appears as turning a page. Is this possible? ...

How do I print only 2 corresponding pages in a multi-page booklet
Can print the front/back cover as a single page in Publisher. When I print the inside front & back covers [single page], it prints but then wants to continue printing the next two-page series. If I click "Yes" on making the print job a separate booklet, it prints pages 2 [inside front cover] & page 3. This happens both in "view" & "actual" views. Way to select specific page range [like in MSWord] like pages 2 & 31? Or how to print every other page layout for a single sided printer so the pages can be turned over to refeed & print on the ...

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

Data Access Page in Startup Error
Hi to all I have a database that I put a data access page in the startup so that it will instruct user on what to do with the database as soon as it opens. My problem is when I try to import a DBF file it comes up with: Unexpected error from external database driver (15877). I can import any other kind of file but a DBF. Any help would be appreciated. Pam Guido "guidop12" <guidop12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2348F929-12F7-4C84-8C66-43F1C8797819@microsoft.com... > Hi to all > > I have a database that I put a data access page...

How do I print multiple copies on one page?
I am using a template from another source. I want to print more than one copy on a page. how can i do this? Your printer drivers may have a setting that allows it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "larose" <larose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F753601B-51FF-43CB-AAAA-532777D9C4DE@microsoft.com... >I am using a template from another source. I want to print more than one >copy > on a page. how can i do this? ...

pages of cash flow rpt
the entire rpt should show on the screen, right? and when I print, I'll get the multiple pges, yes? Not happening. My categories start at S! (This may be linked to previous question, as 90% of the expense categories are shown as backed out..) Thanks. You keep saying backed out. What do you mean? Have you reset the customization of the report? Please keep this one thread! "Beth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eab001c3f0ea$943fab80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > the entire rpt should show on the screen, right? and when > I print, I'l...

How do I eleiminate an unwanted extra page from an Excel wookbook.
When I have completely filled up 2 pages in a workbook and I am using a header that I need to repeat on each page, the header will then start automatically on page 3. That would be fine if I needed more pages for the report, but that is not the case. Therefore, when I proceed to print I will always get 2 pages of information and 1 page with an unwanted heading. How can I delete the 3rd page permanatly so it will never print? Hi use 'File - Printarea' to set your printing range -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "paulwrestle" <paulwrestle@discussions.micro...