Exange 2003 Server Administration

I am finding it difficult to delete a previous exchange
server from the servers Folder under the First
Administrative group.  The Mail and Public Folder stores
are both disabled and I want to delete it.
0
anonymous (74722)

Replacing our Server running W2K AS/Exchange 5.5 with our 2 new servers running W2K3S.
Our current network has one of the server running Windows 2000 Advance Server with Active Directory and Exchange Server 5.5 installed on it. We are about to replaced them with two servers, one running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory and acting as the Domain Controller and the other one also is running W2kS3 with Exchange Server 2003 installed on it. These 2 new servers are running on a private network and our plan is to unplug the current server (W2K AS with Exchange Server 5.5) and replace them with the new 2 servers. We have tested the 2 servers and are working fine, but our conce...

Sending from ssecond domain....virtual server?
***Question: I have exchange 2k3 with 2 domains setup, 123.com & abc.com. My default domain is 123.com, I want to be able to send and receive as abc.com as well. I cannot find this info nowhere. Answer: You can enable that in the Service Mgr by adding in a second Virtual SMTP server Does the above really work? I was under the impression you can only SEND from a primary email address and that to configure a second domain to be able to send from it as well you have to either make 2 mailboxes or fake a smtp account. Is there a simplier way to have outlook users send from muliple outgo...

CRM Exchange-email router
I have so far successfully installed CRM server. However, when I try to install CRM Exchange Email router I get; "One or more of the CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrative privileges on that server. Make sure all servers are running properly and try again." I am logged on as Administrator. Can anyone help? There are a few KB Articles regarding this in the knowledge base on customer source and partner source if you have access to those? "Ashley Willings DPS" wrote: > I have so far successfully installed CRM server. However, when ...

'Access Denied' error during storage group restore on Exchange 2000 server
Does anyone know why this might be occuring? I have built a copy of our W2k Exchange 2000 server in a lab partly to perform a disaster recovery test and partly to restore a mailbox from tape from storage group 1 (we do not backup individual mailboxes, and to restore one we need to restore the storage group and pluck out the mailbox using Power Controls). It is a rough copy (running different hardware and has different disk sizes and letters). I brought it on to the domain by using DCPromo off a PDC copy in the lab (built from a hard disk off a domain PDC). After that I ran setup / forestprep a...

group/ungroup feature excel 2003
Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so that it is permanently inoperative. It is a pain in the ass. Paul Hi you could protect your worksheet and uncheck this option in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Manson wrote: > Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so > that it is permanently inoperative. > > It is a pain in the ass. > > Paul I just now looked in the "protection" dialog box. There is no option for "group/ungroup" Paul On some fine ...

Exch 2003 connect to 5.5 org
Dear All, We have exchange 5.5 organization with few site running. we would like to connect exchange 2003 to be connect to exchange 5.5 organisation to connect. 1. Will it support to connect 2003 connect 5.5 org. 2. what are the steps 3. Connectvity overWAN link 4. i guess X.400 is the best. some one pls help regds John The Exchange 2003 deployment tools will assist you with installing the Exchange 2003 server into your current 5.5 org. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no war...

Outlook 2003
I'm not very technical but can do the basics but I'm struggling to sort this one out! I kept my btconnect email account from a previous place of work which has an office exchange which somehow still worked once I left the job until recently. The System Administrator has closed my mailbox which is claimed to be now over 60,000KB having exceeded my 40,000 limit. In the past I have had warnings and have reduced the size of my inbox by deleting or transferring emails to my personal or archive folders and then emptied my deleted file to free up space which seemed to work OK. R...

Access 2003 runtime conflicts with Access 2007
I have uninstalled access 2003 runtime but every time I start Access 2007 I get a message stating that it is installing MS Access 2007 which is followed by Microsoft office is configuring access 2007. It does this every time I open Access 2007 Hello, This message is shown for the when you are using the application for the 1st time after installation. Kindly let the system complete the installation once. "Do not click on cancel". Once the installation is completed this message window will not appear again. It may ask you for the MS-Office CD in between if it does not...

Excel 2003 multiple files open
Some users open 3-4 documents in Excel 2003, and then minimize them. When they bring them back up, the document appears blank and all the can do is file´┐Żopen the document again to bring it back up. Th problem only seems to be happening with Thin Clients Excel 2003 running on Windows 2003 terminal server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Please help with Exchange POP3 Server
Dear all, I have a problem with mail exchage. I have an user account who have two mail boxs. one mail box is using exchange and another one is using POP3. The problem is the mailbox that using POP3 can not delivery mail to outside but can only delivery in the local. And it used to work normally before. I don't know what is wrong. So, anyone could you please help me with this? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance, Susan ...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email Rules
Hi Folks - Can the built-in Junk email filters be modified? Can they be updated with new filters? If I change the junk email settings, how do I know what filters are in place? Thanks. -- Michael L. Laferriere No; Yes, if MS releases an update; by the spam that gets filtered. See http://www.mapilab.com/articles/outlook_spam_filter.html for a run down on the filter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.go...

2003 Contact Form Mystery
A while ago I designed a contact form to include a new merged note field. It worked fine, except that now whenever I add a new contact the fields are filled in with another contacts information. So I have to delete each entry before putting in a new one. To make matters worse, I can't select a new blank form or get back the original default form. I tried erasing the frmcache.dat but it keeps coming back --- still filled in. Anybody? ...

Outlook 2003 outbox problem #3
I'm using OL2003 for POP mail to my ISP. If I have mail items sitting in my outbox waiting to be sent, and I click on Outbox in the folder list to view the items, then the font the Outlook uses to display the items' recipient and subject changes from italic to plain, the date shown changes to "None", and the items don't get sent when I do a send/receive. The only way to get them to be sent is to drag them to the Drafts folder, open each mail as if to edit it, click on the send button so that it goes to the Outbox, and then do a send/receive *without* looking at the Outbox...

File Size Limit in Access 2003 on WinXP Pro?
I've been told that there is a limit to the size of an .mdb file in Access 2003 on Win XP Pro. I get an error message "Invalid argument" when the file reaches 1.99GB. Is this is true, does the same limitation apply to Access 2007 ? If not, I can upgrade my Office to 2007... TIA! -Joe -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Hi Joe, Yes, there is a 2 gig file limit in A2003... If you have compact/repaired your data file and it is still 2 gig, you really should consider moving to SQL Server. Once your data file is this size I don't beli...

Inward SMPT connection on Exchange SBS 2003
Exchange server (SBS2003) accepts inward SMPT connection but drop it immediatly. any suggestion how to fix problem. Outward connection is fine and server is sending outward mails. Fiaz wrote: > Exchange server (SBS2003) accepts inward SMPT connection but drop it > immediatly. any suggestion how to fix problem. > > Outward connection is fine and server is sending outward mails. Did you change anything in your virtual SMTP server properties in Exchange System Manager? Make sure that anonymous connections are allowed. I did not change anything knowingly. Where is the option ...

2nd Exchange 2003 Server install failed during setup. PLEASE HELP! #2
I received the following error message in the middle of the second Exchange2003 setup.during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration setup "Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects (error 0x80072030: There is no such object on the server" . In event viewer i have: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSetup Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup Event ID: 1002 Date: 15/09/2005 Time: 12.04.11 User: N/A Computer: MAILTEST Description: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Serv...

DPM2010 RC Agent Installation Failure
Hi there, I have DPM 2010 RC succesfully installed on a Server 2008 R2 domain controller. The SQL Database is running locally on this DC as well, everything seems to work fine. I am just having problems installing agents, either from the DPM console or remotely attaching them. When I try to install the agent from the DPM console I get the following error: Install protection agent on LHC-S1N4.GF-LHC.local failed: Error 303: The protection agent operation failed on LHC-S1N4.GF-LHC.local. Error details: The group name could not be found Recommended action: Review the error det...

External POP3 account in Exchange server environment
Hi all, I am getting my head around Exchange Server still and have been thrown a challenge I'd like some advice on. Our organisation is domain1.com. We have used a vendor to register a domain for a promotion and with that have asked for 'info' email address to be setup in the format info@domain2.com. Their IT department have sent the address information through with a POP3 server detail, username and password for connection. We run Exchange Server 2003 and based on what I have read, I would have to get hold of a POP3 connector, and configure all mail delivered to the info@domain...

Outlook 2003 #81
I am using Windows XP and trying to get Outlook to work. When opening the program I get the message that I don't have permission to open the ...*.pst file that's on the local machine. Do I need to re-install the program? I am new to XP and all the permissions stuff. Thanks much. Laura ...

How do i add a path and filename in Footer of Publisher 2003?
Hi can some help me Im studying Create complex documents in Publisher 2003 and im trying to work out how i can add the path and filename into the footer. It doesnt give you the options like Word does on the toolbar. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Tony Tony_Au <TonyAu@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi can some help me Im studying Create complex documents in Publisher > 2003 and im trying to work out how i can add the path and filename > into the footer. Step 1: Go to the Footer. Step 2: Type out the path and filename. It's that s...

Binned OUTLOOK 2003
My Psion became a paperweight so I uninstalled the Psion/Windows XP software applications (Add/remove programmes). Having become fed up with Outlook 2003 repeatedly complaining that it could not find the Psion add-in, I followed it's first suggestion: in Outlook, Help, Detect and Repair, ticked: 'Restore my shortcuts while repairing'. Problem not cured, so took second option in Outlook, Help, Detect and Repair, ticked: 'Discard my customized settings and restore default settings'. This option appears to have re-installed Outlook 2003 - all my folders (saved e...

Exchange 2003 Standard Trial Version to Retail version
How do I switch a Exchange 2003 Standard Trial version to the full retail version? Thanks, Mike Ober. Insert the Retail CD, run setup, and choose reinstall. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Michael D. Ober" <obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam> wrote in message news:%230TSQvZAGHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I switch a Exchange 2003 Standard Trial version to the full retail > version? > > Thanks, > Mike Ober. > > > ...

Repost: Folder Assistant on public folders on Exchange 2003
Is there anyone with an idear?? On exchange 5.5 I used Folder Assistant a lot. We use the (mail enabled)PF's as archief and forward the messages to users of groups of users. Mail is send to the PF and than forwarded. Since exhange 2003 I have some problems with this construction. It did work fine, but since a couple of day's the PF's do not forward the messages anymore. I think I changed some rights, but can not find out where it went wrong. Default and Anonymouse have both create and read rights. For some important addresses I created a workaround and put on the folders deliver...

Outlook 2003 too busy when starting
Hello, I use standalone Outlook 2003 as central storage for contacts (and email ofcourse). Installed add-ins: MS Personal Folder Backup, Lookout (Search & Index). When starting Outlook following happens all at once: 1. Outlook receives mail from 4 accounts. 2. Applies 14 email rules (max). 3. Checks Agenda and presents Reminders. All this takes about 30 - 60 seconds. When I just need to lookup contact information, this delay is extremely ANNOYING. What I tried I frequently compact/scan/(repair) Outlook.pst. I played with email send/receive options but it made no difference. Prefer...

Message Rules in Outlook 2003
Despite using Norton Security (ugh!), a friend's computer was damaged by a virus. He sought assistance from a local repairer, who re-formatted the HDD and re-installed Windows XP(SP2) with IE6. The repairer has also reinstalled Office 2003 (from my friend's original disks). There is only one User Account [Alan Surname] on my friend's computer. He uses Outlook 2003 as his default email program. His email service provider is fsnet.co.uk, which has been taken over by Orange. The address of the POP3 mail server is pop.orangehome.co.uk and the adddress of the smtp server is s...