Ex55 Mailbox Manager not working

Hi!

We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Manager 
is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it is said 
that 0 items are processed but no errors at all!

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also tried 
the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't help!

It seems that after restarting the system service the 
mailbox manager is running for that day.

Are there any other solutions or fixes that might help 
available?

Thanks for the help!
BR,
Jochen
0
anonymous (74722)
8/9/2004 8:01:04 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
539 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Corey, what additional patches do you have installed on 
your Exchange server? Maybe it is somehow connected with 
the patch level!?!

We have one Ex55 SP4 server without any addtional patch 
except the Post-SP4 Mailbox Manager patch (309010) and on 
this machine, the Mailbox Manager is running without a 
problem!

On another machine, we have installed additionally the 
patches 829418 and 829436 and on this machine the Mailbox 
Manager is NOT running!

Another difference is the time when the cleanup is 
running, maybe this could also be a reason because of a 
possible influence of another service or maintenence 
process?!

Would be great if you or someone else could comment this!
Thanks!
Jochen

>-----Original Message-----
>I too am having the same problem.  I have Exchange 5.5 
SP4 running on my 
>Windows 2000 SP4 server.  For the past few weeks I have 
not been receiving my 
>emails stating that the Mailbox Manager Add-In ran 
successfully.  After 
>checking on it the event log shows that it starts and 
ends within about 4 
>seconds and it processes 0 mailboxes even though I have 
over 600 mailboxes 
>selected to be cleaned.  I have even tried to stop and 
restart the Mailbox 
>Manager service on the machine and it still does not 
cause it to process and 
>mailboxes.  Does anyone have an idea what could be 
causing this?
>
>Thanks.
>Corey
>
>"Jochen" wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> 
>> We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox 
Manager 
>> is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it is 
said 
>> that 0 items are processed but no errors at all!
>> 
>> We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also 
tried 
>> the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't 
help!
>> 
>> It seems that after restarting the system service the 
>> mailbox manager is running for that day.
>> 
>> Are there any other solutions or fixes that might help 
>> available?
>> 
>> Thanks for the help!
>> BR,
>> Jochen
>> 
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
8/10/2004 10:59:34 AM
Jochen,
We have the following patches applied to Exchange
HotFix 818709
HotFix 829418
HotFix 829436

Update Q289258
Update Q304062
Update Q312273


"Jochen" wrote:

> Corey, what additional patches do you have installed on 
> your Exchange server? Maybe it is somehow connected with 
> the patch level!?!
> 
> We have one Ex55 SP4 server without any addtional patch 
> except the Post-SP4 Mailbox Manager patch (309010) and on 
> this machine, the Mailbox Manager is running without a 
> problem!
> 
> On another machine, we have installed additionally the 
> patches 829418 and 829436 and on this machine the Mailbox 
> Manager is NOT running!
> 
> Another difference is the time when the cleanup is 
> running, maybe this could also be a reason because of a 
> possible influence of another service or maintenence 
> process?!
> 
> Would be great if you or someone else could comment this!
> Thanks!
> Jochen
> 
> >-----Original Message-----
> >I too am having the same problem.  I have Exchange 5.5 
> SP4 running on my 
> >Windows 2000 SP4 server.  For the past few weeks I have 
> not been receiving my 
> >emails stating that the Mailbox Manager Add-In ran 
> successfully.  After 
> >checking on it the event log shows that it starts and 
> ends within about 4 
> >seconds and it processes 0 mailboxes even though I have 
> over 600 mailboxes 
> >selected to be cleaned.  I have even tried to stop and 
> restart the Mailbox 
> >Manager service on the machine and it still does not 
> cause it to process and 
> >mailboxes.  Does anyone have an idea what could be 
> causing this?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Corey
> >
> >"Jochen" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >> 
> >> We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox 
> Manager 
> >> is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it is 
> said 
> >> that 0 items are processed but no errors at all!
> >> 
> >> We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also 
> tried 
> >> the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't 
> help!
> >> 
> >> It seems that after restarting the system service the 
> >> mailbox manager is running for that day.
> >> 
> >> Are there any other solutions or fixes that might help 
> >> available?
> >> 
> >> Thanks for the help!
> >> BR,
> >> Jochen
> >> 
> >.
> >
> 
0
Corey (35)
8/10/2004 9:17:04 PM
Thanks!

We have also the following atches
829418
829436
309010 (Post-SP4 Mailbox Manager fixes)

installed. Maybe the problem is really one of those 
patches (829418, 829436) because they are both also on the 
other servers the Mailbox Manager is not running!?

Does anyone else has similar experiences? Any comments 
from Microsoft?

>-----Original Message-----
>Jochen,
>We have the following patches applied to Exchange
>HotFix 818709
>HotFix 829418
>HotFix 829436
>
>Update Q289258
>Update Q304062
>Update Q312273
>
>
>"Jochen" wrote:
>
>> Corey, what additional patches do you have installed on 
>> your Exchange server? Maybe it is somehow connected 
with 
>> the patch level!?!
>> 
>> We have one Ex55 SP4 server without any addtional patch 
>> except the Post-SP4 Mailbox Manager patch (309010) and 
on 
>> this machine, the Mailbox Manager is running without a 
>> problem!
>> 
>> On another machine, we have installed additionally the 
>> patches 829418 and 829436 and on this machine the 
Mailbox 
>> Manager is NOT running!
>> 
>> Another difference is the time when the cleanup is 
>> running, maybe this could also be a reason because of a 
>> possible influence of another service or maintenence 
>> process?!
>> 
>> Would be great if you or someone else could comment 
this!
>> Thanks!
>> Jochen
>> 
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >I too am having the same problem.  I have Exchange 5.5 
>> SP4 running on my 
>> >Windows 2000 SP4 server.  For the past few weeks I 
have 
>> not been receiving my 
>> >emails stating that the Mailbox Manager Add-In ran 
>> successfully.  After 
>> >checking on it the event log shows that it starts and 
>> ends within about 4 
>> >seconds and it processes 0 mailboxes even though I 
have 
>> over 600 mailboxes 
>> >selected to be cleaned.  I have even tried to stop and 
>> restart the Mailbox 
>> >Manager service on the machine and it still does not 
>> cause it to process and 
>> >mailboxes.  Does anyone have an idea what could be 
>> causing this?
>> >
>> >Thanks.
>> >Corey
>> >
>> >"Jochen" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi!
>> >> 
>> >> We have the problem that the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox 
>> Manager 
>> >> is not cleaning the mailboxes! In the EventLogs it 
is 
>> said 
>> >> that 0 items are processed but no errors at all!
>> >> 
>> >> We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K SP4. We also 
>> tried 
>> >> the Post-SP4 fix for mailbox manager but it doesn't 
>> help!
>> >> 
>> >> It seems that after restarting the system service 
the 
>> >> mailbox manager is running for that day.
>> >> 
>> >> Are there any other solutions or fixes that might 
help 
>> >> available?
>> >> 
>> >> Thanks for the help!
>> >> BR,
>> >> Jochen
>> >> 
>> >.
>> >
>> 
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
8/11/2004 11:26:10 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Mailbox-enabled account
I'm running EXCH2003 Question: I need to create an mailbox-enabled account like sales@company.com. But I don't need to create any user named "sales". I mean is there a way to create the mailbox-enabled user without need to the create the user ... Just a curiosity. We have another e-mail system where we can create "sales", "payouts", "customerservice" e-mails accounts without need to create users. You need to create a SMTP email address so you can get email for that address. Here are the different ways you can do it. i) Create a Distr...

Copy function in OWA does not work
When users attempt to copy email from their Inbox to any other folder, OWA spits back an "The item can not be found. It may have been deleted". Yet, you can fully open the email that is trying to be copied in OWA, and it appears normal. This is for all users, including admins. Has anyone seen this issue before? Is the public store mounted? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Gregg" <greggferrara@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154357066.064822.164860@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When users attempt...

Why does my send/receive button not work?
All of a sudden my send/receive button does not work. I use a MailWasher Pro filter. I've checked all settings in both MailWasher and Outlook -- everything seems correct. I did receive an email this morning from someone and got the message that Outlook was unavailable and I was being switched to Word for an email editor. Can anyone help me? "MamaMel" <MamaMel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D8852A-5ECC-44FC-9A1D-D45F64F15FB6@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my send/receive button does not work. I use a MailWasher > Pro >...

Discovery Orders and Exchange Mailbox rights
I have a dilemma. I frequently must respond to court discovery orders and must search the all mailboxes for information relevant to a case. I am the Exchange 2003 administrator, and I have lost this ability since upgrading to Exchange 2003. I realize I can work around the default 2003 permissions for a single mailbox, but the sheer number of mailboxes I must search make this impossible. I need a global or at least a server level permission for all mailboxes. Technet, Slipstick and Google have yielded nothing. Thanks, Rob -- Rob J see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default....

hi dear frnz..it is really cool and nice and working
Hi, mGinger.com pays you to read ads on your cellphone! These ads are only about your interests. Not only that, you get to decide when you want these ads. Based on my calculations I can easily make enough money to free up my cell phone bill. Check it out... http://www.mginger.com/index.jsp?inviteId=102083 I joined this site before 1 month.. Now I earn 10000 Rs in this month... I couldnt believe this.... It is amazing.... Thanx a lot MGinger...... u r greatttttttt........ If u add more people to this network u can earn 1,00000 RS in a month. "Joseph" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com&...

Business Contact Manager didn't install
I just upgraded to Office Pro 2003 and I believe Business Contact Manager should have been installed. I understand that it will not work in Exchange Environments. I am not connected to an Exchange Server so I expected it to install. Does anyone have any ideas? Did you install it from the second CD if using Professional? Not sure where it is on the SBE CDs. It is not a default installation and must be installed separately, after installing Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to ...

How can I download a manifest file in Microsoft Retail Management.
Has anyone out there downloaded a file from Microsoft Retail Management System that can be used in a UPS Worldship system to ship your orders. Can Microsoft Retail Management System be mapped directly into worldship and does Microsoft Retail Management System have a location where worldship could write back tracking and freight cost information??? Search the newsgroup, World Ship has been discussed quite a bit recently. There is also an RMS add-in called ShipRush that may be a nice alternative to World Ship. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tiberc...

2008R2 DNS Manager freezes for glue record deletion..
Hi, Say that my domain is MyDomain.LAN I open the DNS manager and rightclick on the Forward Lookup Zones "LAN" and select Properties / Name Servers. On the list there is one old dns server with IP address 'unknown'. When I select this server for removal and click the OK button I get this error: 'Do you want to delete the glue record olddnsserver.mydomain.lan. 192.168.77.10? Yes/No' The DNS manager has already frozen and I can not confirm Yes nor close the dialog nor the manager. The only way out is to kill it in Task manager. Is thsi a k...

Problem with GUI on Win2000 but working fine on Win9x.
I created an application with mm_himetric mapping mode on Win98 but now when I am running the same application on Win2000 the size of the GUI is contracting to half of its size. If any one want to try, then please follow these steps.. 1. Create any application that will display a circle 2. Cpy the exe and run the eze file on win200 3. You will see the difference in thesize of that image Please tell me what should I do to resolve this issue ...

How do I see CC to in my email -it doesn't work
Just got MS Outlook 2003 It won't insert names from my address book in the CC: field Of course it will. Provide information as if we can't read minds and aren't there (we can't and we aren't). What precise steps are you using and what happens? If you just "got" Outlook 2003, how did you migrate you data to the new installation and configure your address book? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB073BEB-F747-4105-8A92-FA4C121D079E@microsoft.com... > Just got MS Outlook 200...

Postmaster Mailbox
We had an issue with a few viruses and the PostMaster mailbox has 682,156 messages and we can not access the mail box to clear the messages.... Any idea's Try Exmerge. -tom ---- "CF" <jct@cfwy.com> wrote in message news:A12E019D-EBC9-417C-9C04-3921D43CD2E5@microsoft.com... > We had an issue with a few viruses and the PostMaster mailbox has 682,156 messages and we can not access the mail box to clear the messages.... Any idea's Configure an Outlook Express client to connect to the postmaster mailbox. This will download the messages off the server. -- Nicholas B...

Mailbox Retention Policy
Hi, i would like to configure a retention policy for all of our users (for their respective Sent Items, Deleted Items and Inbox). I have googled around and found a few solutions. One of it is to go to Exchange Mgmt Console > Mailbox > managed default folders and set policies there However, there is another way of which can be configured via Exchange Mgmt Console > Mailbox > Managed folder mailbox policies. I'm a bit confused on the differences between configuring the retention policy via managed default folders and Managed folder mailbox policies? Can an...

deleted mailboxes #2
I am running Exchange Server 2003 and I have a question about deleted mailboxes. I'm new to Exchange 2003 and I've been reading thru the documentation and I came across this: "The mailbox is not removed from the store immediately. The next time the mailbox management process runs, it marks the mailbox as deleted. The mailbox remains in the store, viewable using Exchange System Manager, for the length of time that is specified by the mailbox store settings Keep deleted mailboxes for (days) and Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up...

Exmerge mailbox size limitation?
Hi all, Is there a mailbox size limitation on Exmerge utility? Can exmerge export more than 2 GB mailboxes? I suspect it will cut the size to 2 GB. Thank you. On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:46:01 -0800, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is there a mailbox size limitation on Exmerge utility? Can exmerge export >more than 2 GB mailboxes? I suspect it will cut the size to 2 GB. > >Thank you. Yep. 1.8-2GB is the limit since it still exports to the old ansi format pst. Once you hit 2GB, exmerge sits there and sulks and you need to kill it as it c...

Calculate hour and minutes worked each day
As a novice to Excel I am trying to work out a formula to calculate hours and minutes worked each day (start and finish) and then at the end of the week add these times to calculate weekly salary. if a2 isthe start time and B2 is end time in c2 type thisformula =IF(B3-A3<0,B3-A3+24,B3-A3) format C2 as time your can copy this file down keeping the format in column C as Time ==================== "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98210FF5-3466-487D-B219-61473C682030@microsoft.com... > As a novice to Excel I am trying to work out a formula t...

Managing Exchange 2k3 from desktop
I have installed the 2003 remote administration tools so that we can use "Active Directory Users and Computers" from our desktops. That installed fine. However, none of the Exchange task show up. That is probably because the Exchange system tools need to be installed on the desktops. That seems to be something that is done from the Exchange 2003 installation disc. However when I try to do the custom install to select the exchange tools, it tells me the "there is an unknown installation error". What am I doing wrong. I need to be able to manipulate exchange user a...

Project Management Template for Excel?
Does anyone know of a *project management template* for Excel. I don' have Microsoft Project on my computer, nor do I have the time to lear it. I use Excel thoroughly so that is my preference. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tushar Mehta's Gantt chart: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/index.html?http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExp...

=month doesn't work?
I'm in Excel 2010 and trying to extract the month from a column of dates formatted to look like 1/2/2008 Using the =MONTH() function, I get the following: 1/1/1900. Why isn't this working? What do I need to do? Much obliged for any help on this. AO "OLY" <aoloroso@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0258ce38-ee99-4579-b2c3-d653047d304a@o16g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > I'm in Excel 2010 and trying to extract the month from a column of > dates formatted to look like 1/2/2008 > > Using the =MONTH() function, I get the following: 1/1/1900. Why isn'...

Working Days of Week and DUE DATE for PAYMENT
Hi, A class has 2 batches for students. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Sunday a holiday. Students can join in between months. One month is considered as 12 WORKING SESSIONS. Column A has joining date of students. 4/2/10 4/3/10 Counting from the starting date, i need a date 12 sessions from the starting date in column B. 4/2/10 ( Friday ) is joining. So 12 sessions would be on date 4/28/10. I need this in B2 next to A2. Column H has list of other holidays for which extra sessions have to be given. Suppose in the above example, H2 contai...

still cant get Exchange Active Dir Connector to work
I'm still having a problem in my Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration. I am using E2K3 migration tools wizards. I have installed the new Active Directory Connector on a new W2K3 server. When I run step 2 of the ADC tools it does not connect to my current Exchange 5.5 server and I get an error (listed below). It seems to be some type of Kerberos or authentication problem on the Exchange 5.5 server. (There was also a similar problem when running the DSScopeScan test. It could not connect to the E5.5 server either.) Data Collection stopped. Check the ADCTools.log file for the cause. Then...

After Update Event Procedure will not work
Can someone please help me. I have a form that I would like to have the Sire ID automatically filled in when I select the Sire's name from a combo Box. This is the code that I have. It seemed to work with Access 2000, but I now have Access 2007. Please tell me what I have left out. I don't get anything in the Sire ID field after I leave the Sire field. The combo box has 4 columns, Horses name, Registration number, Other registration number and Horse ID. Private Sub Sire_AfterUpdate() SireID = [Sire].Column(3) End Sub Thanks for any help that you can give me. ...

Business Management Error in Outlook CRM
We are receiving the following error after going offline in Outlook CRM: "Business Management Error: “The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.” After receiving this error ALL of Outlook CRM becomes disabled. ...

symbolic link not working via share ?
I have a shared folder on a win2008 server, which has several folders and files which are read for domain users, and also a symbolic link to another folder on the same drive which has again read permission for domain users. However when I access the share and navigate down to the symbolic link and click on that folder I get various error messages. On a server 2003 and an xp machine I get "\\server2008\folder\link is not accessible......cannot find message number 0x in the message file for \\server2008\folder\link". I guess this is because xp/2003 does not understand s...

how to contact site manager
something odd happens when i sign in to this page...does anyone know the contact info for the site manager. thx LF What "site" are you viewing this from? "LF" <LF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86FBA0B1-DF54-42F3-9540-8392308FFAB6@microsoft.com... > something odd happens when i sign in to this page...does anyone know the > contact info for the site manager. thx http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&cat=en_US_fda0f23c-f299-4019-86c6-e1998434d20d&lang=en&cr=US "Dick ...

trusts and access to mailboxes
My company just split off a small group. We set them up in there own domain however, they will still be using the company exchange server for some time. I set up a trust and allowed access to the existing mailboxes to the new domain user accounts. Question. Is there some setting that would remember the user id and domain. At this time they need to reenter the user name domain and password every time they open outlook. or is there another configuration I should be considering "scott salvatore" <ssalvatore@lmca.com> wrote: >My company just split off a small group....