Ex5.5 to Ex2003 intra org migration

Hi
I have migrated from E5.5 to E2003 intra-Org migration and chose the option
SID migration via ADMT during  migration .
I 've notice that both source domain and target domain accounts have been
added to mailbox and public folder resources which doesn't appear to be a
problem at the moment. However in the near future when I do decide to remove
the source domain would I be left with "zombie"  source domain accounts???
 In addition, granted that I chose to migrate SID history what will be the
result when the source Doman is remove. Will there be any performance impact
???

TIA
Darren

0
Darren8878 (11)

2 seperate things I things.

When you do a SID migration the new AD account has its own sid plus the old
sid. This is visible under the sidhistory attribute of the account. This is
used by the system for a number of things within Exchange like outlook
permissions etc. When you decommission the old domain nothing will break
because the new account has the old sid.

However under the mailbox rights you will see 2 entries for the same
account. One will be the new account and one will be the old source domain
account. This allows people who log onto the old domain to access the
mailbox. When they migrate to the new domain that second isn't required
anymore. Note however, that because the new account has the sid of the old
account you may find it difficult using the gui to determine which of the
accounts can be deleted. It may be easier to delete them both and use the
SELF account.

We decommissioned our source domain and the mailbox rights still list 2
accounts (the same account due to sid migration) and everything is still
working fine.
0
JohnDoe1 (30)

Blocking junk email address on exchange 5.5
Hi, I am trying to block junk email from being sent to people's mailboxes. Is there somewhere on the exchange server I can block certain addresses or domains. Thanks Rich ...

550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found
Hi Getting receipent not found "sometimes" when sending email to an exchange user. With this user in question i delete the mailbox, delete the user account, create a new user with exactly the same user name and same email address. Now , "sometimes" i get error 500 5.1.1 and sometimes i dont. "The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text t...

Difference between 8/15/2009 & 8/5/2009
Opened a new file, typed 8/15/2009 in A1, 8/16/2009 in A2, 8/5/2009 in A3. Automatically, the last one gets converted to 08-05-2009, and right-aligned also. Happens in all new files I create. Am I doing something wrong because I wanted the same treatment for both earlier values which appear left-aligned. Any clues? I am using excel 2007. Thanks And you're trying to enter dates, right? If you format that 8/5/2009 (converted to 08-05-2009) in an unambiguous date format, like: mmmm dd, yyyy, I'm betting that you'll see: May 8, 2009 If that's true, then exce...

pub. 2002 doc print in acrobat 5.0?
I am trying to convert a Publisher Flye to a PDF file? If you are using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 on your system (not Adobe Reader 5.0), you would open Publisher and go to File > Print and change the printer to the Adobe printer/pdf driver. When you do this, it will prompt you to choose a location to save your Publisher PDF file to. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill Pegg" <Bill Pegg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F651D1E3-62F5-42C...

#5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host
I keep getting this error when I try to send messages greater than 10Mb to my clients on Exchange Server From start I had Global settings - Message Delivery - Defaul Sending messages size check in Maximum (KB) to 1000 Receiving messages size check in Maximum (KB) to 1000 and al my user under Exchange General - Delivery Restriction Sending messages size check in Use default limi Receiving messages size check in Use default limi then I tried to change the user (on a couple of users) settings t Sending messages size check in Maximum (KB) to 50000 Receiving messages size check in Ma...

Hyperlinks in Outlook #5
I've searched newsgroups for this but so far no solution: IF I don't want to use Word as an email editor, HOW do I turn off the automatic creation of hyperlinks whenever there's a @ or \\ in the text? It doesn't matter if I choose text-, rich text or HTML. ....Skitunge ...

Webmail
Hey Guys, I have an Exchange 2003 Server and an Exchange 5.5 Server on my domain. We are migrating all users "eventually" to the 2003 Server. For the time being, the users housed on the 5.5 server have been able to use webmail, NOW that I have made the 2003 Exchange server the MX record, and turned on Https for webmail, only users that are housed on that Exchange 2003 server can use webmail, and those housed on the 5.5 server cant get to their mail... Is there anything I can do to make it so ALL users on both servers can access webmail via the same 2003 Exchange servers web...

NDR when sending to distribution list
Current problem is that when sending to a distribution list we are getting the following a NDR: <<User Display_Name>> on 2/2/2004 6:55 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=<<Exchange ORg.>> In;l=<<Exchange5.5 server>>-040203025513Z-1 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:<<Exchange 5.5 site>>:<<Exchange 5.5 server>> If the client clicks send again on the NDR everything goes through just fine. Email is flowing to and from indivisual client with No problems. Breif History: Working on an Exchange 5.5...

Computer Migration Exchange 2003
Hello, I'm looking for a good how-to in order to migrate ALL the exchange (configuration + mailbox) from one exchange 2003 to another exchange 2003 (for a new computer with best performances). Thank you everyone. Move Server Method http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchange%202000&sectionID=1024&sectionName=Exchange%202000%20Move%20Server%20Method or Move Mailbox method 1. Setup new server in same Admin Group (new name/ip address) 2. Move all user mailboxes and replicate public folders 3. If the server being moved fr...

Data Migration 02-25-05
I'm attempting to import Case records into CRM and I'm getting stuck during the migration phase. I get the error message "Neither an 'accountid' nor a 'contactid' were present". I don't see a stored procedure for mapping Account IDs similar to a stored procedure for mapping users. How do you map accounts to CRM's unique account ID? When I look at the accountid in the AccountBase table I see something like "{64B104C8-FA53-4EEA-ADAF-F23747A6DD2C}" In the Incident table it is looking for a standard number. How do I find out what the ac...

Date Conversion #5
I have a table from an Access database that I am exporting into Excel to be used in various spreadsheets. The Access table has numerous fields, but the ones I will be using are account numbers, balances and dates for transactions. The problem that I have is that the Access table is storing the date as a number, specifically as a long integer. For example, December 31, 2003 is stored as 2453005. How can I convert this number into a date once I get it into Excel? I tried just changing the date format from number to date, but that gives me a date way off in the future, like ten years ...

Windows 2003 Server SBS
Event Type: Warning Event Source: SceCli Event Category: None Event ID: 1202 Date: 03/06/2009 Time: 11:51:40 User: N/A Computer: <Server> Description: Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred. Advanced help for this problem is available on http://support.microsoft.com. Query for "troubleshooting 1202 events". I did try following steps as suggested in your reply but when going in GROUP POLICY tab it says "You have installed the group Policy Management snap-in, so this...

Data Migration Framework 07-29-03
Hi, Does anyone already used it ? I'm trying to migrate cases/incidents, i've already imported data to cdf_incident table using sql dts's and runned the migrationtool. I've checked the log, and found no errors, but the data doesn't appears in the MS CRM!! Any suggestions ? Thanks, Hugo No. Used the default values: Use fast load and check constraints enabled "Kevin @ 3NF" <Kevin@dallasdbas.com> wrote in message news:eIvUnDdVDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Did you disable the fast load checkbox when you loaded the data to the CDF > tables via...

Increase Server timeout (Max 5 Minutes)
My Outlook 2000 allows a maximum sever timeout of 5 minutes Im trying to receibve a 9 MB email attachement. Outlook times out before this is fully downloaded. Is there any solution to this Please use Reply to Group - dont reply to me direct as Spam settings will not allow. Thanks Sam Sam, Before sending a 9MB file I would zip it to reduce the size. Not only due to the limits on increasing the timeout for the server, which is mostly likely setup not to go beyond a certain amount because more needed may indicate an issue. Additionally, opening let alone receiving a 9MB file on the o...

Data Migration Framework 02-08-07
Hi, i want to import data from crm so i begin to install MDF and i do all the steps but when i want to clean CDF i find this [img]http://www.geocities.com/yanise213/crm_import.JPG[/img] my question is: the cdf_systemuser and cdf_territory are full. why any data are mapping ? ...

need help migrating public folders to Exchange 2003
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to use the pfmigrate.wsf script to migrate public folders from an Exchange 5.5 server on a NT domain to an Exchange 2003 server on a mixed mode AD domain. When I run the script on the 5.5 Server, I get access denied. I tried creating a trust between the two domains to no avail. When I run the script from the 2003 server, I get a message that the 5.5 server cannot be found. I can ping the 5.5 server, the A record is in DNS on the AD server and WMI is loaded on the 5.5 server. Any suggestions on what to do? I can't audit any permissions errors, nor can...

Can't install Office 2004 for Mac update 11.3.5!
I had a problem yesterday trying to install the 11.3.5 update for Office 2004... It told me that 'the installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update'. I am using OS X v. 10.4.9. Is this common? Can anyone help at all? It would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris Hello, Then I would try 1. run verify/repair disk permitions from DISK UTILITY 2. to go here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx Download manually the *.dmg file Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update And followed the instruction given there to install 3. run ve...

mail merge #5
I've gone through the mail merge wizard and entered my address list. When I get to the end and push print preview, all it shows is a complete page with the same address on all the labels. How can I get all my addresses on a label sheet? It will always show the same information in print preview. There is an option on the print page that will allow you to print a sample. Use a plain piece of paper and use this option. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm For better access to Microsoft Newsgroups http://www.microsoft...

Exchange 5.5 Dr Watson msexcimc.exe errors
Hi I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4 platform. Currently we are unable to send and receive email because the EXCHANGEIMC Service will not start. I have listed the errors below. I did run the service pack 4 this morning and rebooted the server. No luck Dr Watson Erro Application exception occurred App: exe\MSEXCIMC.dbg (pid=579 When: 6/9/2004 @ 6:24:59.75 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation System Log Erro The Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control re...

Pivot Tables #5
Hi I am currently trying to create a pivot table for datas that are found from different worksheets.(not workbooks Other than consolidatating the datas (via copy and paste) onto a new worksheet and designing the pivot table from there, are there any other methods that i can use If i consolidate the datas onto a new worksheet, then i would need to create links to the orginal source, and i do not want to do this. Can anyone plse help Thanks Shane Choose Data, Pivot Table and slect Multiple Selections you can select a range from the first sheet with the ref edit tool then add it to the li...

Find and replace #5
I receive data once a day into an Excel spreadsheet and need to convert 26 2 digit different labels to words. For example RD needs to be converted to READING. I am using find and replace but the data does not save for the next day. Is there any way that I can create 26 templates that I can then use without having to type the full words every day. One way is to use a sub posted by Gary''s Student [Sub transla() below] which can do all of your 26 multiple find n replace at one go Here's the easy steps to implement: (Try on a spare copy of your file) Install GS' sub in...

Command bars migrated over to 2007
Okay, so I had a custom command bar in normal.dot, which apparently got migrated over to normal.dotm. Looks good. Doesn't work. :-( When I press one of the buttons, I get a stupifying dialog that tells me: The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings. BS. The macro can easily be found if I punch the Macros button on the Developer tab. And, when selected, it runs just just fine. Is there anyway to get it working again, from the toolbar button? Thanks... Karl -- ..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org ...

Exchange 5.5 & Exchange 2003
I've noticed that there are thousands of junk addresses on the IMS Exchange5.5 and 2003 que. The orignator and destination is from all sorts of weird addresses. What can I do to stop this from happening? Make sure you are not open relay and none of your accounts have compromised passwords. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823157&Product=exch2003 Also check E55. Which of your servers is exposed to the Internet? Cobra wrote: > I've noticed that there are thousands of junk addresses on > the IMS Exchange5.5 and 2003 que. The orignator an...

Data Migration Upload Error
Data Migration Upload Error - Relationships :( Hi, I have a data migration issue which has been causing me a lot of grief over the last few days ... struggling to get to the cause : ( Some background (... a very simplified equivalent): I have 3 entities STUDENT (Contact entity renamed), TUTOR and COURSE; - Each student should only be able to be linked to ONE Tutor record - Each Tutor should only be able to be linked to ONE Student record ------+ To resolve this I have created two "1 to many relationships" and hidden the 'many' part in the relationship definition ...

Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration help
Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to watch out for when doing a Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration? Any help is appreciated. thanks, Jasonj I would start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&Query=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on Jason wrote: > Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to...