Ex2003 - Public Folders question

OK, I am stumpted... How can I create a public folder? I have the Store. But
can't figure out how to create a folder. It looks like I do NOT want a
public store hierarchy.

Are these folders created under the Organization->FOLDERS or under
SERVERS->MY-SERVER->First Storage Store -> Public Folder Store.

It appears that the only thing I can create under ORG->FOLDERS is a new
FOLDER TREE.

I thought that in 5.5 public folders were created with the Client (MS
OUTLOOK)... Is this different? I have tried to create via OUTLOOK but just
couldn't figure it out.

Carl

0
someone913 (592)

i create all my public folders from outlook folder view logged in as
administrator.

"Carl Hilton" wrote:

> OK, I am stumpted... How can I create a public folder? I have the Store. But
> can't figure out how to create a folder. It looks like I do NOT want a
> public store hierarchy.
>
> Are these folders created under the Organization->FOLDERS or under
> SERVERS->MY-SERVER->First Storage Store -> Public Folder Store.
>
> It appears that the only thing I can create under ORG->FOLDERS is a new
> FOLDER TREE.
>
> I thought that in 5.5 public folders were created with the Client (MS
> OUTLOOK)... Is this different? I have tried to create via OUTLOOK but just
> couldn't figure it out.
>

> Carl

0
harlin (5)

Monthly View Question
This is probably a pretty basic question...but I just can't find the solution. When looking at the monthly view is there a way to show more then 2 events? how many you see is based on the window height. See http://slipstick.me/2wk for a way to increase the height of the grid. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Formula Question #18
Hi all... I am trying to figure out how to build a formula in Excel. What I want to do is to be able to calculate a loan value. I know the interest rate, the # of payments and the month principle and interest payment I want to make. I am essentially trying to figure out how much house I can afford. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks Jeff Take a look at the PV() function in XL Help. In article <eSMmWjFAIHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "Jeff Cichocki" <jeffc@belgioioso.com> wrote: > Hi all... > > I am trying to figure out how to build a fo...

Help! Lost everything after moving a folder
Your help, please. I started my G4 PowerBook (OS 10.3.2) and when Entourage opened, all of my messages and addresses were gone. It was a "fresh" startup. I recall moving some Microsoft folder on my hard drive into the Office X folder before this happened. I don't remember the name of the folder. Is my information gone for good? Or can I somehow retrieve it? Thanks. You need to move the "Microsoft User Data" folder back to your user's documents folder (HD/Users/<Your User>/Documents). That's where Entourage searches for the active identity. When you m...

Million Dollar Question, How to Recover oversized PST
I know this has been answered many a times, but can anyone help me retrive my mails from Outlook 2000 which is there in a oversized PST (2.06 GB)Please help me, i have tried repairing and opening it in Outlook 2003 and also importing to a new pst. nothing works. Thanks in advance Swaroop There is some information here http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm with links to a crop tool, be warned though that data will be lost "Swaroop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a25c01c44e12$9bd26010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I know this has been ...

formula question #3
I am using the following fomula =LOOKUP(c3,Lists!$aa2:$aa113,Lists!$ab2:ab113) the formulas works great, however in trying to copy the formula, it adds a number to the list values and looks like this. =LOOKUP(c3,Lists!$aa3:$aa114,Lists!$ab3:ab114) the list I am wanting to work with starts at aa1 and ends at aa113, so this will not work. I do not want to edit the formula in each cell, as I am wanting to fill acouple thousand cells. any suggestions? Hi, You need to add more dollars. Change =LOOKUP(c3,Lists!$aa2:$aa113,Lists!$ab2:ab113) to =LOOKUP(c3,Lists!$aa$2:$aa$113,Lists!$ab$2:ab$113) ...

Dynamic Charting Question re data
Hello: I have set-up a chart that utilizes the techniques described in previous postings regarding Dynamic Charting within Excel (using the non-VBA technique of data labels utilizing the Offset formula). In a prior post a list member described the use of the NA() formula as part of an IF() statement to eliminate non-blank data from appearing on the chart if no data was present. However I am now left with one issue that I need to resolve to make this chart fully usable - being that my X-axis label shows the future periods with no data (in fact I used the same formula and end up with #NA show...

SP2 "Manage Settings" for Public Folders
I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in Exchange System Manger. Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution? Khan On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:34:04 -0400, "Khan Hollis" <kvhollis@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in >Exchange System Manger. > >Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution? > > >Khan > Its only avail for child folders. "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>...

Auto forward item on mail-enabled public folder
Hi, Is there ways to forward a copy of new public folder item to some one's mailbox? Thanks in advance, Compulim Use the Folder Assistant accessible via the folder's properties in Outlook and create a rule. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:02:24 -0700, "Compulim" <noone> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there ways to forward a copy of new public folder item to some one's >mailbox? > >Thanks in advance, > > >Compulim ...

exe that opens an app that talks to an MDE -- security question
Hello everyone -- I've inherited an interesting mess. We have multiple apps where you start the app by running an EXE, the data is in MDE files, and Access security is enabled. The person who established this is long gone, and any source or development notes are also long gone. Apps are breaking, and we're trying to straighten out the mess. I need to at least recover the data so we can build new supportable apps. I'm an Access geek, and have created a few secured Access apps along the way, so I understand the general landscape, but this environment is throwing...

Questions about GP functionality
I'm a little new to GP but very familiar with SBF. A couple questions a customer has. 1. On the Additional Vendor Accounts (Purchases), when we have multiple accounts is there a way to set percentages so that it automatically splits up the amount on the payables transaction. We know about Fixed Allocation Accounts but the problem with that is you cannot edit the amount in each account at the time you enter the payables transaction. Any thoughts on this? -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com PC Sales, Service & Helpdesk Certified Network Installation &a...

outlook 2k2 IMAP sent-mail folder and rules
Our users use OL2k2 to connect to an IMAP email account. Obviously, we would like the users to store all email on the server, including sent items. By default copies of sent items are stored in the sentmail folder under "Outlook Today Personal Folders" and therefore are stored on the local machine in the ..pst file. Not the desired outcome. To this end we implemented a "sent mail rule" within outlook that copied all sent items to the "sent-mail" folder on the IMAP server. Now we come the issue that seems to torture the souls of the users. Mail copied to th...

Public Folder Replication Problem
Setup Exchange 2000 sp3 EXchange 2003 Many folders are not replicating from old to new server, yet they are all marked to replicate. Also the new servers Exchange System Manager reports folders in sync. The original public store is about 277 Mb while the new public store is only about 57 mb. How can I go about troubleshooting this? Look at the Application Log of the Exchange 2000 server and Exchange 2003 server. I am pretty sure you will see some replication Errors or Warnings. That should be the place to start troubleshooting this issue. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Plea...

Other users folder
When you go to file and open and then select other users folder to open, how do you then clear that users name out fromt he drop down menu after that? The eassiest way to do this is by opening a lot of other folders ;-) Recreating the mail profile also does the trick. The entries are stored in the registry but that key hasn't been designed for manual editing and you could easily end up corruping your mail profile. Anyway; the key is located here; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] w...

Cant open attachments in public folders.
One of my users(w2000, outlook2000) is able to open email in the public folders (exch2000) unless it has an attachment and then he gets an error stating that he does not have permission. I missed the part where you can give permission to objects with attachments only. Is this in outlook? Exchange? Local machine? my mind? Marc R, ...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-22-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Bob ...

Posting email to public folders
I have a mail enabled public folder, when messages are delivered to the public folder they are posted as post items instead of email messages. is there a way to have them post as email messages? BSC <BSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a mail enabled public folder, when messages are delivered to > the public folder they are posted as post items instead of email > messages. is there a way to have them post as email messages? Hi - it's always good to include your version & SP of Exchange when you post in here, as the answers are often wildly different b...

Public folder replication Error #2
I have problem replicating public folder between two Exchange servers in different administrative group. Problematic folder is Offline Address List\OAB Version 2. I’m getting every 24 hours error Replication Backfill Event ID: 3076 A backfill request (1 of 18) for public folder (28-2736 …….. Offline Address List\OAB Version 2 was removed because error 1132 occurred. CNSET:{0} CNSET FAI: 36-54E1,36-54E3 And with corresponding Worning Event ID: 3092. Problematic is only that folder, no other errors occur between two exchange servers. ...

Exch2k3 - Public Folders
We have quite a few accounts that were somehow orphaned on our public folders. It presents itself by either displaying the old sid or as a one off email address with rights to the folder. The problem is that it is hard to find these orphaned accounts The events being logged don't list the piblic folder. Is there an easy way to clean these up or search all the public folders for the accounts. 3rd Party tools? Anything. Thanks, John http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324323 may help, but just be careful with this. This will remove all orphaned/zombie accounts. It probably won&#...

Question on inserting table in word
I have a question regarding a minutes word document we have. My boss wants to be able to hit tab or enter and a cell appear and type in the task to complete and another cell appear for each task to be done by hitting tab or enter. is there a way to have cells appear by hitting a button? On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:22:00 -0700, SUSAN wrote: > I have a question regarding a minutes word document we have. My boss wants > to be able to hit tab or enter and a cell appear and type in the task to > complete and another cell appear for each task to be done by hitting tab or > enter. ...

Issues with public folder permissions
Greetings! I'm new to Exchange and have run in to a roadblock trying to set up public folders for my company. I quickly read through several different manuals on how to manage public folder permissions and the concepts seemed simple enough. Yet when I try to implement access controls only the settings I place on the "Default" entry in the permissions dialogue box take effect. For example: I have a top level public folder called "Sales and Support" and want to add one database, "Customer Database." If I create the top level folder in Outlook or in ESM the...

Customising Outlook defaults for new folders.
Is there a way to set the default settings for new Outlook folders? I am using Outlook 2003. I personally do not like the reading pane, I find emails sorted in group difficult to read and I also find the default ordering of the columns in the list of message quite unproductive for me. I appreciate the many may like the defalt order, however I would simply like to have the option of establishing the defaults I find most productive. Have I missed something in the Outlook set-up options? View->Current View->Customize. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

question about macro in excel
hello, i have a macro that i want to run on different excel sheets. i want to be able to choose it from every sheet. how can i make it general? thanks in advance, tal --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Write your code against the activesheet. Store the workbook with the code somewhere nice. When you need the macro, open this file and tools|macro|macros... and run your macro. A lot of people save all their general utility macros into a file called personal.xls and make sure that it's in their XLStart folder. Then each time excel opens, this workbook also opens and th...

Mail to a folder
Hello everyone, Is it possible to have mail from a perticular email address delivered to a folder as appose to moving it from the inbox to a folder? If so, how? Thanks -Larry Only if the folder is in the Public Folders hierarchy on an Exchange server. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Larry" <lenworth.hall@verizon.net> wrote in message news:vjdFd.15410$7b.15106@trndny04... > Hello everyone, > > Is it possibl...

Logging access to Public Folders
Is there a way to log access to Exchange Public Folders? ...

customizing folders with desktop.ini
I was trying to change the background image of a particular folder as described at <http://perishablepress.com/press/2006/10/16/folder- background-images-in-winxp/>, however, I am unable to do so. The URL discusses a file - desktop.ini. I was under the impression that this file would be hidden while "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" was checked but that does not appear to be the case for me - I can see it regardless of whether or not that setting is selected. "%HOME%\My Documents\My Pictures" has a desktop.ini file that doesn't app...