Ex 2003 IS backup, using NTBackup 5.0

On Win2K SP4, I've upgraded from Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003.  I use NTBackup
to back up the IS.  The NTBackup is version 5.0.  Backup proceeds
normally; on differentials I can see NTBackup counting log files, etc.

However, I tested a restore, and when I catalogued the *.bkf file,
NTBackup says "No files were found".  So I have an error-free backup,
from which (apparently) I cannot restore.

Is the Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003 upgrade supposed to upgrade NTBackup as
well, to a version that can handle restoring Ex 2003 IS?  Does anyone
have an insight into why NTBackup doesn't want to restore my IS?

TIA

-- Bill

0
w.white (3)

What happens if you doubleclick BKF file in Windows Exlorer?

--
Hope this helps a bit

Regards Matjaz

<w.white@snet.net> wrote in message
> On Win2K SP4, I've upgraded from Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003.  I use NTBackup
> to back up the IS.  The NTBackup is version 5.0.  Backup proceeds
> normally; on differentials I can see NTBackup counting log files, etc.
>

> However, I tested a restore, and when I catalogued the *.bkf file,
> NTBackup says "No files were found".  So I have an error-free backup,
> from which (apparently) I cannot restore.
>
> Is the Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003 upgrade supposed to upgrade NTBackup as
> well, to a version that can handle restoring Ex 2003 IS?  Does anyone
> have an insight into why NTBackup doesn't want to restore my IS?
>
> TIA
>
> -- Bill

0
gonza1 (16)
8/12/2005 11:17:46 AM
NTBackup opens, and when I go to the Restore tab and navigate to the
media containing the IS *.bkf file, NTBackup says "No entries found".

A manual catalog of the *.bkf yields the same result - "No entries
found".

-- Bill

0
w.white (3)

Conditional Format Using AND
Please look at the following and help me with this conditional format. Column A: This column is either set to "CURR" or "PREV" I want Column B to be shaded "Red" if Column A is "PREV" and the the Current YEAR is 2004, "Blue" if Column A is "PREV" and the Currrent YEAR is 2005. I tried using conditional formatting but I didn't have something correct. First condition: Formula is =$A1="PREV" 2nd Condition: Formula is =(YEAR(TODAY()))=2004 Set format to RED 3rd Condition: Formula is =(YEAR(TODAY()))=2005 Set format t...

Exchange 5.5: X400 vs. Site Connector
Is there a performance difference between the Site Connector and X 400?? Let me give you a little more info, I have two sites which are connected via a VPN (dedicated connection using T1's on both sides). I currently have an X400 connector between the two sites, however...I'm moving my exchange server to a new system in one side which means I'm going to have to rebuild the connectors. I'm not using any scheduling, user priorities, message size limitations or any of the advanced features of the X 400 connector. So the only question left is...is there any performance/scaliabi...

Crash when using webbroswer control in Vista
I have read the related document on the Interenet Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. http://jtstroup.net/post/Attempted-to-read-or-write-protected-memory-This-is-often-an-indication-that-other-memory-is-corrupt.aspx And i follow their comment: 1) Right click on project in Visual Studio 2) Properties 3) Build Events 4) Edit Post Build ... REM Mark project as DEP Noncompliant call "$(DevEnvDir)..\..\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat" call "$(DevEnvDir)..\..\VC\bin\editbin.exe" /NXCOMPAT:NO...

find whole word only using wild card
I want to search whole words of hyphenated words. How can i do that? i saw that whole words only option disabled with me and in my program code also it doesn't work. Please help me to find out hyphented whole words only one by one. Hi, Do the following. 1. Press Ctrl+F to open Find and Replace. 2. In "Find What", type <[! ]-*> 3. Click "More". 4. Select the "Use wildcards" check box. 5. Click "Find Next". Important: When you are finished using wildcards, clear the "Use wildcards" check box and perform another se...

Using a publisher document with images in list builder
I have created a newsletter in Publisher, saved as a web page, tried to upload to list builder - but when we get to the point where we need to upload the images , there are many more images listed than what I have actually used in the doc. And I can't get the 4 images that ARE in the document to load correctly in the right spots. It is asking me to upload about 12 images and like I said, we have only included 4 - a logo and 4 seasonal images. I have pulled my hair out all day trying to accomplish a mass mailing and could really use some help with this last hurdle. ...

Using threads in a dialog based MFC app in C++
I'm trying to learn threads so I started a C++ MFC app in Visual Studio 2008. It's a single dialog based app with an Edit control, a Run button and an Exit button. The Run button sends updates to the edit control in a continual loop. How do I get the program to respond to events? That is, to close when I press the Exit button? Do I even need a thread in this situation? Even if threads aren't necessary, please show me how it would be done (with threads). void CThreadPracticeDlg::OnBnClickedRun() { int i = 0; while (1) { if (i >= 10) { i = 0; } char intStri...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

PDF file #5

Printing balances on receipt when using multiple Gift Cards
Hi, I am new to RMS. What i did so far is that when the cashier select the tendertype created by use they are asked to swipe the card and the transaction is then posted to our server and then card# and balance left is printed on receipt. Now the client wants to use multiple cards on same transaction and i did that till posting the transaction by putting all cards in one session variable separated by "|" and all balances in another session variable separated by "|" but now i don't know how to split them in receipt.xml and display them properly. Any help is aprreci...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2003 #134
I'm having a problem w/dragging & dropping email into folders while using MS Outlook 2003. After dropping about 3/4 email messages into folders (no matter where you drop them)I recieve this error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I've ckecked Event Viewer & task manager & cannot find any information about this problem so I can address it.I have also tried "Rebooting" and still get the same issue. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue??? ... .. I too am experiencing the exact same problem with Outlook ...

Importing data #5
Hello, I have a workbook in Excel 2003 that I need some advice on please. The data used in the spreadsheet is collected online into a CSV file, this CSV file is imported into Excel onto a "Raw Data" worksheet. From this raw data several other worksheets need to access this raw data to prepare the reports required. I have the first report sheet designed and it picks up the data from the Raw Data sheet. The problem I need help with is updating the raw data; when I download a new file from our web site and refresh the data import the report worksheet does not update correctly. Fo...

GP 9.0 and Fabrikam
I want to provide access to this test company. I see the company in the list when I start up GP Utilities, but it shows a lock beside it. How would I access it. Also, there is no option to create or re-create Fabrikam. Any direction appreciated. Dave Dave, It seems the sample company failed to be created the first time around, which will force you to check a few things: 1) Verify whether the TWO database was created on SQL Server. Open SQL Server Management Studio or Enterprise Manager and check in your databases to see if it has been created. If the database is present, you w...

Monitoring Exchange 2003
How do I check the mail messages sitting in my SMTP queue using Exchange System Manager? Under property, the status is showing "Retry Remote Delivery". What is a better way to monitor what is going on in my Exchange server? I am running Exchange 2003 server. Is there also a way of seeing incoming emails before they are delivered to the intended recipients? If I can not use the Exchange System Manager in monitoring, what else can I use? Thanks Emma ...

Using bitmaps with CPaintDC
Is the code below the right approach to displaying bitmaps to a dialog. And is there any obvious problems with it, such as not being consistently displayed on other monitors. Also I would need to display a number of (small) bitmaps side by side on rows, and will need to add scroll functionability to this dialog. Does anyone know of the best approach to displaying these bitmaps in rows, and then adding a scroll for just a certain area of the dialog where the bitmaps are displayed. The member variables bmp and cdc are declared in the class declaration. void CDCBmpTestDlg::OnPaint() { CPain...

100% CPU used by SQL and HQClient
We are seeing both HQ Client and SQL tie up resources at the store servers during connection to HQ. This can slow access to the store database by registers for a long period of time. Anyone else seeing similar performance issues on store servers? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059A_01C7B449.07A22E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure you're running 1.3 or higher. Consider more RAM and processor = speed. Maybe even dedicate a processor core to it. --=20 Regards, Jeff...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?
After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses. The appointment fields are: 1. SUBJECT: (example: "Conference call with Joe and Mary) 2. LOCATION: (does anyone use this?) Is the idea to put something like "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something? I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other people are using it. Thanks, G Standard following us...

create a replica of exchange database file using SAN
Hi: We would like to create a replica of Exchange 2003 database files using SAN. I would like to know whether that will give us a usable copy of the database files, which we could restore later, or will it cause any problems. Thanx for your replies. -- peter Peter- This is something you'd have to take up with the replication sw/hw provider. I've never played with it. I know there are hardware and software based things out there (e.g Veritas Volume Replicator). -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "peter" <...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Exchange 5.5 config issue?
We're keeping our Exchange Server without much inhouse expertise, and managing to support 140 users - so far so good. But I think we have a setting or configuration problem. If an email in a client's Outlook Inbox is there more than 2 or 3 days, reading, deleting, forwarding or any action takes about 30 seconds to execute. You get the "Microsoft Exchange is requesting Data from the server" dialog box with a subsequent 10 second or so delay, and it's annoying. Is this a caching setting on the server, and how can we extend the number of days that an email can be process...