Event ID: 9234 Referral Interface was not able to find an msExchEx

We upgraded our Exchange Server a year ago and was counting on the MS
Exchange Referral Interface to update user email profiles and point them to
our new server, but it looks as though some users did not get all of their
email profiles updated. Because of this, some of our users are not able to
login unless their email profiles are manually updated with the new exchange
server name. Is there a way to recreate this Active Directory object and
point it to our new Exchange server or some other fix so that these referrals
will be successful and user email profiles don't have to be updated manually?

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	RFR Interface
Event ID:	9234
Date:		3/26/2007
Time:		4:59:11 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	CONDOR
Referral Interface was not able to find an msExchExchangeServer object with
legacyExchangeDN '/O=*****/OU=*****/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EAGLE' in
the Active Directory.

If the exchange server was decommissioned the no, you will need to recreate
the profiles to fix this. You might want to take a look at this as well:
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/03/17/422350.aspx

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
Download OABInteg from here:
http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Download.aspx?SampleGuid=A2338E73-F521-4071-9B1D-AAF49C346ACD

"Gabriel Simmons" <GabrielSimmons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:51E80F39-2CD1-4900-9EA4-013872DE041A@microsoft.com...
> We upgraded our Exchange Server a year ago and was counting on the MS
> Exchange Referral Interface to update user email profiles and point them
> our new server, but it looks as though some users did not get all of their
> email profiles updated. Because of this, some of our users are not able to
> login unless their email profiles are manually updated with the new
> exchange
> server name. Is there a way to recreate this Active Directory object and
> point it to our new Exchange server or some other fix so that these
> referrals
> will be successful and user email profiles don't have to be updated
> manually?
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event Category: RFR Interface
> Event ID: 9234
> Date: 3/26/2007
> Time: 4:59:11 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: CONDOR
> Referral Interface was not able to find an msExchExchangeServer object
> with
> legacyExchangeDN '/O=*****/OU=*****/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EAGLE'
> in
> the Active Directory.
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Dgoldman9268 (137)

Outlook 2003 Duplicate Events
I have noticed, that when I receive a meeting request and accept it - two events are placed into my calendar for the same meeting (One as tentative the other accepted). What is causing this, and how can I stop it from happening? Thanks! Jeff ...

How can I find career change resumes templates?
I like to review some nice "Professional Career Change Resume Templates" for the job market. If someone could tell me where to go on the inter-net, it will be well appreciated. Thanks! You could start at www.google.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:705F99E5-1326-4E81-B98F-A7337C5C9AEA@microsoft.com... :I like to review some nice "Professional Career Change Resume Templates" for : the job market. If someone could tell me where to go on the inter-net, it : will be well appreciated. Thanks! Templates are...

Find and replace 03-04-10
I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific character and remove it. However, the character is a " so I'm having difficulty. The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so the values look like this: 1/4" 1/2" 1/3" and so on. How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them? I don't want to replace them I just want to remove them. Thanks, Chris Savedge Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter: Like "*[""]*" -- Allen Browne - ...

Lookup/Find help
Windows XP Professional Office 2000 Hypothetical, but hopefully you'll get the gist of it: I have two worksheets. On worksheet #1, I have two columns. First column is a list of entire workgroup by name and 2nd column is the hours worked. On the second worksheet I simply have an list of names that is a subgroup of those on the first page. These indicate a target group. EXAMPLE Worksheet #1 Sam 35 Joe 37 Mary 20 Beth 41 Ted 38 Worksheet #2 Joe Beth Now, on the first worksheet, I want to add a third column for summing only the target workgroup. Basically, I need a function...

How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP
Hi All, I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them? Thanks, Don Don, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows Fonts. Try... microsoft.public.word.printingfonts -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work...

Where can I find a list of known CRM 1.2 issues and workarounds?
I am running a test of CRM 1.2 from MSDN Universal and I am having a number of minor strange issues. Is there a list of known problems, and workarounds posted anywhere? Have any patches been issued or other technical update articles? Is there some sort of monitored support newsgroup or something I should purchase to be able to more effectively evaluate the product? Thanks, Bill Walter This is the only public newsgroup on CRM apart from foreign language versions. For support you would need an agreement with Microsoft MBS. Feel free to ask any technical questions here as we normally can get...

Deleted Entourage calendar events not deleting in iCal
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: imap Hi, <br><br>Here's yet another sync oddity regarding Entourage and iCal/Mobileme. When I delete a calendar item in my Entourage calendar, it is not getting deleted in iCal and MobileMe and, hence, my iPhone. Even when I sync the iPhone manually via iTunes, the deleted item remains. Any thoughts on how to correct this would be appreciated. <br><br>Thank you. ...

Currency ID
I just created a profile for an Inventory user, i took off the system access as well as the other modules she would not need to have access to, when she goes to price lists and attempts to change a currency ID the systems says she does not have adequate privileges. What did I miss??? Try giving the user access to Financial >>Currencies. "rcr" wrote: > I just created a profile for an Inventory user, i took off the system access > as well as the other modules she would not need to have access to, when she > goes to price lists and attempts to change a curre...

can't find normal.dot
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, I need to delete my normal.dot file and I can't find it anywhere. I've had to do this before and I was able to find it in the templates folder, but I guess an update or two has changed that. Can anyone tell me where to find it? Spotlight says that it doesn't exist. But I have to be able to delete it. Is it called something different now? If you're using Spotlight & searching for "Normal.dot" it's no wonder it isn't being found - that isn't the correct name :-) it's ...

Finding maximum value
Hello, I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the negative and positive part of the value. Basically, the maximum difference from zero. Example: the maximum value I am looking for will be -0.467. -0.467 0.345 -0.253 0.411 Thanks Ruan One way (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MAX(ABS(A1:A4)),ABS(A1:A4),FALSE)) In article <OGKhnF1KEHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ruan" <ruan@aegismed.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the > negati...

How do I find the inside page in the 3-panel brochure.
I am trying to make a 3-panel brochure and all that seems to be available is the side shown in the brochure options. When I print, it prints both sides yet I can see no way to access the inside part. Thanks. View, status bar... this will allow you to change page views, you will see the page tabs at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure I know what you are asking. Are you saying you are printing the brochure sight unseen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "springmtn" <springmtn@discussions.microsoft.co...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

can send but can receive- event log shows loop within Exchange
Hi all, When I try to send email to my exchange 2003 server from an external email account I never get the email. I get the following error message in my event log. ------------------------ A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.3.5 was generated for recipient rfc822;adrown@[192.168.2.249] (Message-ID <200411090532.iA95WemV015823@gatekeeper.com>). Causes: A looping condition was detected. (The server is configured to route mail back to itself). If you have multiple SMTP Virtual Servers configured on your Exchange server, make sure they are defined by a unique incoming port and t...

Event ID 9554
Hello, I"m getting the following error: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/11/2005 Time: 1:33:15 PM User: N/A Computer: !@#$!# Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 3b5b90b3-9fcd-4540-9858-d13d6498e9e1. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 3b 5b 90 b3 - 9fcd - 4540 -9858 - d13d6498e9e1 \b3\90\5b\3b\cd\9f\40\45\98\58\d1\3d\64\98\e9\e1 (msE...

finding calendar and data info
I had to move my primary hard drive into another computer. It is now running as a slavein the new computer. I'm unable however, to find my calendar and contacts from Outlook 2003 when I open the program on the new computer. If I attempt to open the program from the F drive (the drive assigned in the new computer to the hard drive that was moved from another computer) it tells me the program is not installed. If I open Outlook 2003 from the C drive of the new computer, of course, it doesn't find the old calendar and contacts. I would appreciate any and all assistance in findin...

Finding Desktop region in MFC
I am working on a commercial application, and recently discovered a bug I have been asked to fix (they threw it back in my lap). Run the application on a 2-monitor system, such as a laptop in a dock with an external monitor. Drag the main window to the second (non-taskbar) window and quit. Now move the laptop to a different dock with the second menu on the other side (or without a second monitor at all) and launch the app. Oops. The app continues to want to go on the side it was last put, even though there is now no monitor there. (Yes, my dock in the office and at home have the second ...

Performance counter for Outlook Finds?
What server performance counters (if any) are there for monitoring the number of "Find" requests that Outlook clients make? -GT ...

why getting event 9551 warnings?
I thought that when you switched to native mode (which we have) that these problems with zombie ACL's went away. Why are we still getting these errors? (running Exch 2003 SP1) Thx, J. ...

Creating Event procedures from a macro
Hi, I'm using Jon Peltier's workaround (to Excel's inability to create hyperlinks to chart sheets) to create a table of contents. The following event procedure is placed in the code module for the "contents" sheet. It activates the chart sheet when the user selects the linked cell: ' Thank you Jon! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Charts("Chart1").Activate End If End Sub This works fine, except that I need to create it on the fly from within a ma...

Conditional Formatting VBA with formula to find string
Hi, Please can I get some help.... I need to create a conditional format VBA in Excel 2007 (because I have many conditions to include) and I don't know how to do it... The Action Required: If Product A appears in any text string in range($C$95:$C$300) then colour that cell RED, if Product B appears anywhere in a text string within range($C$95:$C$300) then colour that cell BLUE, if Product B appears anywhere in a text string within range($C$95:$C$300) then colour that cell GREEN, and so on through 41 products... Data - I have a list of about 41 Product names in range Z...

What event does a hotkey generate?
All, I have a date field in a form that has vba code attached to the 'after update' event. Then I setup a hotkey to auto the current date in the same field. The problem I am having is that when I hit the hotkey sequence the field is populated with the current date - however my vba code does not work. Any idea what event the population of the field by a hotkey produces? Thanks for you help. On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:30:00 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: None. And for good reason. Programmatic filling of fields typically does not trigger any event. So you rewrite...

Using sdk to find out if an Account already exists
Hi, Want to use sdk to see if an Account already exists , all i have is its name. I've looked at Retrieve method but it requires the Guid. Any equivalent call to Retrieve that just takes name? Or a way to get the Guid from the name? Sample code would be great if available. Thanks for all help. John Hi John, The method you are looking for is RetrieveMultiple as only the guid search gives the certainty to retrieve only one record. All explanations are in the sdk but as the sdk sample is nearly the exact code you want, here it is : // Set up the CRM Service. CrmService service =3D new ...

SQL statement to find a particular column within all tables
I am looking for a query that will allow me to find all instances of a particular column within all tables so I know where they are all located. Does anyone have such a query they would be willing to share? Thank you. Pam, I posted this query a few months aback on my blog (http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/03/in-past-days-i-have-found-lot-of-people.html), but here is the excerpt: select distinct rtrim(objs.name) from syscolumns cols inner join sysobjects objs on (cols.id = objs.id) inner join sysindexes indx on (cols.id = indx.id) where (cols.name = 'ACTINDX') and (ob...

Event Handling
Hello, I have a project that creates 18 CBitmapButtons. As you know CBitmapButtons cannot be created (or at least to my knowledge) from adding the componet to the form. So I decided to create 18 CBitmapButtons in my code to create the buttons. Here is the problem... I need to write an event handler for these 18 buttons, and since there isn't the convenice of the event handling that you will find when you are adding componets to the form, I cannot figure out how to manually add event handlers.. Here is some of the declarations I made: CBitmapButton* Button1 = new CBitmapButton(); Button...

Doesn't find files w/spaces in name
There are a lot of folders and Excel spreadsheets on our shared drive that I need to open. Most of the folders and file names are named like: get reports\reports sep 2004.xls When I try to open one, Excel doesn't find it and I think it's because there are spaces in the folder names and/or file names. Is there a setting in Excel that will help me get around this? This was working until I had a glitch in Excel and the technician fixed the glitch and this problem appeared. Any help would be appreciated. I found an answer and so far it works. "C:/program files/microsoft off...